The ankle stretch, stretches the front ankle muscles.
- Remove your shoes.
- Sit toward the front edge of a chair and lean back, using pillows to support your back.
- Slide your feet away from the chair, in front of you, so your legs are outstretched.
- With your heels still on the floor, point your toes away from you until you feel a stretch in the front part of your ankles. If you don't feel a stretch, lift your heels slightly off the floor while doing this exercise.
- Hold the position briefly.
- Repeat 3 to 5 times.
- Sit in chair.
- Stretch legs out in front of you, feet off of floor.
- Bend ankles to point feet toward you.
- Bend ankles to point feet away from you.
- If you don't feel the stretch, repeat with your feet slightly off the floor.
Click here for a printable weekly schedule for exercising: Strength Exercises Daily Record.