Hamstring Stretch Exercise
The hamstring stretch, stretches muscles in the back of the thigh.
- Stand behind a chair, with your legs straight. Hold the back of the chair with both hands.
- Bend forward from your hips (not your waist), keeping your entire back and shoulders straight the whole time, until your upper body is parallel to the floor. Don't "hump" any part of your back or shoulders at any time.
- Hold position for 10 to 30 seconds. You should feel a stretch in the backs of your thighs.
- Repeat 3 to 5 times.
- Stand behind chair, holding the back of it with both hands.
- Bend forward from the hips, keeping back and shoulders straight at all times.
- When upper body is parallel to floor, hold position.
Click here for a printable weekly schedule for exercising: Strength Exercises Daily Record.
Quick GuidePictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
Daily Health News
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter