The triceps extension strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
- Sit in a chair, toward the front. Your feet should be flat on the floor, spaced apart so that they are even with your shoulders.
- Hold a weight in your left hand, and raise your left arm all the way up, so that it's pointing toward the ceiling, palm facing in. Support your left arm by holding it just below the elbow with your right hand.
- Slowly bend your left arm so that the weight in your left hand now rests behind your left shoulder. Take 3 seconds to straighten your left arm so that it's pointing toward the ceiling again. Hold the position for 1 second.
- Take 3 seconds to lower the weight back to your shoulder by bending your elbow. Keep supporting your left arm with your right hand throughout the exercise.
- Pause, then repeat the bending and straightening until you have done the exercise 8 to 15 times with your left arm.
- Reverse positions and repeat 8 to 15 times with your right arm.
- Rest; then repeat another set of 8 to 15 repetitions on each side.
- Sit in chair, near front edge.
- Feet flat on floor; keep feet even with shoulders.
- Raise one arm straight toward ceiling.
- Support this arm, below elbow, with other hand.
- Bend raised arm at elbow, bringing hand weight toward same shoulder.
- Slowly re-straighten arm toward ceiling.
- Hold position.
- Slowly bend arm toward shoulder again.
Click here for a printable weekly schedule for exercising: Strength Exercises Daily Record.