- Begin by sitting in a chair, with your back straight. Your feet should be flat on the floor, spaced apart so that they are even with your shoulders.
- Hold hand weights straight down at your sides, with your palms facing inward.
- Take 3 seconds to lift your arms straight out, sideways, until they are parallel to the ground.
- Hold the position for 1 second.
- Take 3 seconds to lower your arms so that they are straight down by your sides again.
- Pause. Repeat 8 to 15 times. Rest; do another set of 8 to 15 repetitions.
- Sit in chair.
- Feet flat on floor; keep feet even with shoulders.
- Arms straight down at sides, palms inward.
- Raise both arms to side, shoulder height.
- Hold position.
- Slowly lower arms to sides.
Click here for a printable weekly schedule for exercising: Strength Exercises Daily Record.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 2/10/2003