Latest Mental Health News
When appropriate, make an effort to relax and let yourself laugh. Rotary International offers these suggestions:
- Instead of worrying about the souring economy or complaining about your work day, ask friends or family to tell a funny story.
- Surround yourself with people who laugh, smile and who are just plain playful and fun.
- Start smiling more. Make a conscious effort to smile, think about pleasant things and feel happy.
- Make a list of all the things you have to be happy about and thankful for. When you're feeling sad, pull out the list.
- Gravitate toward laughter. When you see a group of friends or coworkers having a good laugh, join in the conversation and treat yourself to a laugh, too.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2009 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.