Patient Comments: Sciatica - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with sciatica. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Samantha, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 09

My pain started slowly, radiating in my right lower back, buttock and hip. Within two weeks it became severe. I could walk with difficulty, and sit, but lying in bed was painful. The worst pain occurred with bending over to sit or getting up. I am currently taking six Advil a day to try to manage the pain. It helps a little but this pain, which I believe is sciatica is still severe. I believe that it has been caused by the fact that I carry a heavy purse on my right side and that has injured and put pressure on this side of the body. I made an appointment to see the doctor.

Comment from: Miss Mary, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

Sciatica pain is excruciating. It went down right leg, then past the knee and to the left side of shin bone. As the pain went down, the sciatica nerve literally 'bounced' or 'jumped' around. I ended up with numbness from just below the knee to the ankle. Five years later, numbness doesn't feel as deep as before and the area has lowered to just about the ankle area. I went to the emergency room, and was given hard-core pain shots, but nothing helped. Pain finally left on its own.

Comment from: WINGNUT, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I have a pinched nerve and sciatica, with numbness. I broke my toe and did not know it because of my back. I started having deep pain in my hip so bad I could not sleep, sit or stand for long periods of time. I tried heat and ice. I had an MRI which shows a tear and that is all my doctor said and to find a pain clinic. I recently had all my teeth pulled for dentures. The pain medication my dentist gave me was the only relief I have had in 2 years and six months. I can't go to my dentist and say I have another problem, prescribe my pain medication to make it go away! I am a care giver to my fiancee and know all too well about the changes in prescription medications.

Comment from: Angie, Female (Patient) Published: July 20

I was involved in a rear end car accident several years ago. A few months afterwards they determined that I needed a spinal fusion and after that, a sacroiliac fusion/fixation. A possible problem of having the second surgery is pyriformis syndrome, which is where one or both pyriformis muscles (buttock muscles) wrap around the sciatic nerves and chokes them off. That is what happened to me on both the left and right sides. It happened overnight and when I went to get up from sleeping in the morning, I could barely move my legs. When I finally got my feet on the floor to stand, I fell to my knees and screamed in pain. I could barely walk or move at all. I cried in pain and knew something horrible had happened. I called my doctors and described the pain and my condition and they said this should not be happening and to go in for a visit. Of course, when they found what was going on, they scheduled me for surgery because the only thing to do (or it was 10 years ago) was to cut the pyriformis muscles off of the sciatic nerves so the muscles would release the nerves. My nerves were left damaged and I am in continued chronic pain, but the sciatic nerves have slowly improved. However, no doctor can tell me if there will ever be a time that the pain goes away.

Comment from: Judy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I shifted my pelvis years ago so now when I have sciatic nerve problems I can hardly stand straight. This is the most painful experience I ever had. I take a belt and tighten it around my hip area and it actually helps relieve some of the pressure to where I can stand straight. But this pain is horrible.

Comment from: Sowaness, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 14

I am an ice hockey player and was cross checked across the lower back. Pain was minor but I tore a muscle in my left hip warming up for golf. The doctor said it was ok to skate. I got cross checked again. Three nights later I woke up with tremendous pain in my right leg. X-rays and neurological testing are scheduled in 2 weeks. After 4 nights the pain is not better, keeps me awake all night.

Comment from: hanZ, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 19

Lower back pain generally will be just stress. No more. And there are various remedies to alleviate the sciatica pain, personally I prefer tapping.

Comment from: haritha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I am experiencing lower back pain extending to my right leg till toe since 3 years. Although it is not too much intense pain, it is very irritating and not letting me to sit or stand for long time. And I hardly go to sleep after so much struggle. I have visited many doctors but they are saying different reasons for my back ache, I have a doubt that I might be experiencing sciatica but none of the doctors is saying it. And my scan report also shows nothing odd. I want to confirm what pain I'm suffering with and take the right medication.

Comment from: Jo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

My sciatica pain goes from lower back to my ankles. My foot gets tingly and numb when I sit. I've tried injections, physical therapy, chiropractors, stretching, rest, and they don't seem to help. I have an orthopedic consult scheduled.

Comment from: ezlacher, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I experienced lower back pain as a result of road accident in 1998. The sciatic pain extended to the legs. It was too painful to hesitate going to hospital. Here I was only given pain killers. After a short time the pain reduced to very low level, till this year 2016 March, the pain in the lower back and legs recurred, this time around very painful. When I went back to the same hospital I was just given NSAIDs and told to do lower back physical exercises. This didn't assist to relieve pain in any way. To date I have too much pain to the extent of not doing anything without taking strong pain killers like diclophen.

Comment from: oldnotcold, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

My lower back pain started about 2 years back. The general physician did not have x-rays taken, just said that by my description I had sciatica. He gives cortisone injections every 3 months but pain is back after 3 weeks. My pain is in lower back and spreads down my buttocks to both legs at back as well as causing pins and needles as well some numbness in same areas.

Comment from: Grandma, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I have spinal stenosis and have an attack of sciatica which is not helped by aspirin, Tylenol or ibuprofen. Naproxen made my blood pressure go too high so can't take that. I don't know what to do, the pain is bad.

Comment from: big aggie, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 19

In 1959 I fell rock climbing and had injury. I had no treatment, and experienced pain now and again. Being a nurse and heavy lifting wouldn't have helped. In 2013 physiotherapist suggested fracture of spine. In 2016 developed I developed back pain and sciatica. I had severe pain in back when lying flat for x-ray, less pain when lying on side, curled up in fetal position. My medication is Co-codamol, codeine and amitriptyline. Guess I'll have to live with it, and keep taking the tablets!

Comment from: Leslie, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I developed spinal stenosis in December 2013 (now April 2016). No pain sitting or driving. Severe sciatica pain hit (7 to 8) after standing or walking. I had vertebrae L2 and L3 fused in August 2015. In last few months I can stand 5 to 8 minutes in the morning, 2 to 3 in the afternoon, and often only 40 seconds to 1 minute late in the evening. I carry a cane the opens into a seat, and still do grocery shopping and cooking but have to sit every few minutes as pain is excruciating, especially my left calf.

Comment from: carolinaunc, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I had sciatica pain on left side, pain radiating down from hip to foot, numbness in foot. When I woke up in the morning I could barely walk. In October 2015 I had a detached retina surgery and was told by the doctor that I could only sleep on my right side (I'm a left side sleeper) while it was healing which was about 3 weeks. Lo and behold the sciatica gradually improved! Now I try to make myself sleep mostly on my right side with a pillow between my legs. I am now almost now pain free.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 07

I was suffering from sciatica as my doctor said a few day ago. I can't sit, stand, walk, or sleep due to pain in the calf of my left leg. But, by pain killer and rest now I have more than 80 percent relief, but sensation is still there and my doctor says to rest and rest for overall recovery.

Comment from: Pat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I have and continue to suffer extreme sciatica pain for over two years. Three surgeries did not help at all. The doctor won't give me pain pills, never has. I have destroyed my kidneys with overuse of Advil. I have had 2 mini strokes one resulting in a car accident. I spent Christmas day with horrible pain. I don't know what to do next.

Comment from: Duppie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I am so excited! I had been using a heating pad when I sleep at night to fight off muscle cramps. That was several years ago. Then someone gave me an electric throw last Christmas and I used it all the time at night. All the while noticing the sciatica getting worse; even in the fall when usually it would improve once summer passed. I washed the throw and it wasn't dry so I skipped using it one night. The sciatica was incredibly better the next day. I tested to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Nope, it had much improved without the heating blanket/throw. I work in a hospital and just learned that heat aggravates nerve endings; and that is what the electric throw was doing. Amazing!

Comment from: Annie G, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

My doctor diagnosed sciatica 2 months ago, and gave me an exercise sheet and pain killers. I have also tried physiotherapy. Nothing has really helped, I cannot walk without severe pain in the right buttock and down that leg to my foot. It is worse when standing still. I have MRI appointment on Friday so will go from there when I hope to know the cause. Difficult to live like this, everything has to be planned around short distance walks to the next place to sit down for a few minutes. Sympathies to all sufferers.

Comment from: Steve52, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

Last weekend I spread 5 yards of mulch and dirt. The next day the lower back pain started. I waited a week thinking it would work itself out. I went to the doctors and physiotherapist yesterday. I can barely walk 6 steps and the sciatica pain is unbearable. It's 3:45 EST as I write this. I have slept 2 hours with the help of a muscle relaxer. I start physiotherapy tomorrow. My back has always been good and I hope they can get me back without surgery. I am also taking ibuprofen.

Comment from: Positive Thinker, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I am having sciatica from February. The pain areas are right butt, groin, thighs, and constant pain in right leg, sometimes in the left side. Reason as per my knowledge is improper postures while lifting heavy things. Medications are ibuprofen 400 mg, which I had for 5days (3 times), without relief, amitriptyline 10 mg, (since I was breast feeding they gave small dosage. No relief, but had nice sleep which makes me drowsy in the morning) and naproxen 250 mg 3 times in a day, with which I felt a bit of relief. I went to a physiotherapist and she asked me to walk as much as I can and taught me a few exercises to strengthen my back. Before starting the exercises I have set my mind that only I can help myself. I didn't bother about the pain. I walked whenever I could, and I started exercises slowly. It really helped me a lot. All I can say is sciatica is a worse pain than delivering pain in my view. All we have to do is beat the pain with proper medications, taking food and medicine at the right time, exercise, walking and last but not least self-confidence. It's been two months now. Pain is still there. But I am not bothering about it. So don't worry guys, you will be alright soon.

Comment from: lily, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I got sciatica 5 years ago after an intense hike that caused a herniated disc and it got worse later after I went in a safari. Many doctors gave me medications that did nothing. I was unable to walk, pain was so severe I was screaming, and I had stiffness and had tingling in both feet. A doctor gave me anti-inflammatory medicines, pain killers and muscle relaxants, and they helped a lot. I still have it but not as severe as I did before but still I can't exercise or do many things but I'm thankful that the pain is not as severe as it was.

Comment from: Alice14, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I have has hip, leg, knee, back, and foot pain for the past 14 years. I live in horrible pain 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have had 4 foot surgeries, three knee surgeries and been diagnosed with sciatic nerve problems. The pain starts in my back, travels into my hip, down my thigh, behind my knee, down the side of my calf muscle, behind my ankle and then travels out the side of my foot. The pain is like continuous bolts of lightning just shooting down my back, leg, and feet. The pain is also like hot, sharp nails are sticking into me. I use 3600 mg of gabapentin per day, hydrocodone and alprazolam every day. On a good day, the pain is tolerable and other days I can barely get out of bed. I have been to every kind of doctor, therapist, and had every test imaginable and I am told it is my sciatic nerve but no one can find what the problem is that causes my pain. I am 58 years old and this has been going on for so long. I just don't know how much longer I can survive this plus the other medical conditions I have.

Comment from: Rosemary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I had sciatica when pregnant some 35 years ago. My mother also had a spell of it when she was in her 70s. Then about two to three weeks ago I got a twinge in my bottom and down my right leg to the calf. I took some aspirin and the pain subsided. Whilst Christmas shopping in the local mall the pain became unbearable and the only relief I have had is going into the warm pool at the aqua park we visited just before Christmas. I have spent the last week of the holiday in absolute agony, taking one pain medication after the other, as well as an anti-inflammatory. I am now trying Nurofen and Voltaren Emulgel rub. Today is my first day and it seems to be hanging in there! All I can think about is the New Year's medical aid to kick in on 1st Jan so I can visit the doctor!

Comment from: Annie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I am a 45 year old mother of three, and a waitress. I have been a server for all of my adult life. For the last three years I have suffered from sciatica. It is so painful, I can hardly sleep because I can feel the pain all through the night, even if I manage to fall asleep. No pain medicines seem to touch the pain. I will be going to a specialist soon, but do not want just medicines thrown at me. I would like an answer and a solution (if there is one). Anyone who doesn't have it, doesn't quite get it. I tell my husband that I want to cut my legs off, that's how it feels from morning till night. It sounds extreme, but nothing makes the chronic pain go away. I have tried stretches, exercises, pillows on chairs, etc., we also ride motorcycles, and it takes me 15 minutes or so to get off the bike, the pain gets so bad. I don't want to give these things up, or my livelihood, but soon I feel I won't have a choice. I have done some research and I feel like surgery is really the only long term solution.

Comment from: BrokenBody, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

I have had osteoarthritis in both knees for many years. A year ago, I could not even walk. It improved after ultra sound and interferential treatment as well as leg stretch and strengthening exercises, and now returned to normal activities. Just a few days ago, I had excruciating pain from hip down the whole legs. Pain in left leg was more intensive. The pain was most intensive passing urine and stool. Pain was less severe lying down or standing up with straight leg. After one day, I went to my physiotherapist and asked if interferential treatment would help my sciatica. She gave me a dose of ultra sound and interferential treatment. It improved 90% right after the treatment. No more pain passing urine or stool. After one day, I have only occasional minor pain. Hope pain to be gone in a couple of more days.

Comment from: nyoho, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I am 9 1/2 months pregnant. I have had an awful pain that shoots through my butt cheeks, down my thigh and to almost my knee, for several months now. My doctor told me it was my sciatica nerve and that if I just change my position it should stop the pain. That is not the case! I am just a couple days away from delivering my baby by C-section and I have not been able to go to the bathroom for over a week now. I've never been very regular to begin with. But now when I try to go to the bathroom, that pain shoots down my butt cheek and I am not able to stay seated on the toilet. I wonder if it is possible that my blockage is interfering with the sciatic nerve.

Comment from: jcinsdca, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 15

According to my chiropractor my problem is with my sciatica. The pain in my lower back is about a 1 (on a scale of 1 to 10). As it goes down my leg, which I do not feel in my thigh, it increases in my knee area. As it continues down my leg, again, not felt in my calf area, it really hits me hard in the ankle. The pain is many times a 10. It feels as though my ankle is broken! X-rays show otherwise. It makes walking or standing almost impossible.

Comment from: Lorna D., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

Out of nowhere (for no good reason to me), I got this terrible pain in the right side of my butt. I thought, okay, I lifted something too heavy but given time it will go away. But it didn't. Then the pain went down the outside of my leg (just above the knee). This went on for 2 months before I sought help. No pain in the calf or feet, thank goodness, but I've been in agony. I could not sit for more than 10 minutes at a time. It's hard to explain to someone how much it hurts unless you have had it yourself. I have heard of sciatica and where the pain is located, so I knew something about it. I couldn't take any more of it so I made an appointment to see a physical therapist. Tomorrow (10/21/14) will be my 5th appointment. I was getting better (able to sit for 40 minutes now instead of 10 minutes) but then I tripped over something, twisted my body and now I feel like I'm back to square one again. So, I will keep up with the therapy for as long as it takes until this gets better and hopefully goes away permanently. The therapy is helping as long as I don't do a thing. My husband is handicapped, so I have to do what I have to do. This is my story. Good luck to all the other people out there who are going through this. I can totally relate to how you feel. Heal soon.

Comment from: leaht, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I was diagnosed with sciatica back in July 2014. I was given muscle relaxers and told to continue exercising. I bike three times a week, and stretch regularly, but the sciatica seems to be getting worse. I have taken Aleve, ibuprofen, and Tylenol. I get no relief. I am an accountant and sit in an office chair daily (8 hours) but get up every hour and a half and walk/stretch. The pain is unbearable, and extremely painful sitting, bending, or getting in and out of bed.

Comment from: Rob, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 16

I have been for two treatments for sciatica, by a chiropractor (manipulation, deep massage with a vibrator, and two acupuncture needles into the gluteus muscle of the buttock), but I still have the deep ache back of my thigh and calf and numbness in the sole of my foot.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I had this happen back in 2006 and surgery in 2008, but it's back and worse than ever. This pain from my sciatica is so painful and gets worse as the days go by. It started in my top butt cheek and has traveled to my thigh, my calf, and now all way to my foot and toes. It's burning, stabbing, pinching, and now I have numbness of my foot and toes. It totally consumes you, you cannot sit, stand or sleep. Exhausting. Cortizone shots do not work, the pain medicine only helps you go on another day. It's a nightmare and needs to be taken more seriously by doctors to help patients as an emergency.

Comment from: ken, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

Three months ago it started around my left hip, deep pain that never went away. I also noticed the skin on top of my foot felt numb, I had Perthes' disease in my right hip as a kid and the pain was very similar. In a few days it went to my hamstring area, cramping whenever I stood or walked, even sitting felt like my muscle would cramp. The cramping behind my thigh went away, the hip pain and foot numbness stayed but was now joined by severe pain in my calf area, and the numbness in my foot started to turn to tingling and a burning which was very painful by the end of the day. After a couple weeks the calf pain pretty much subsided but the burning intensified followed with pain so severe in my toes. I couldn't wear shoes, socks hurt, cold air hurt, and a drop of water on my foot sent intense pain. The doctors prescribed gabapentin with no results and then Lyrica. After three months I still have the hip pain and the pain that feels like broken toes which is calmed by tramadol. The burning is better but I still can't have anything touching my foot, and my thigh is now totally numb, and stays that way. I walk and I get these jolts of pains which I describe as similar to electric shock in my thigh and it gets weak. I cannot stand for a few minutes without my thighs going numb and legs getting weak; this sciatica is a terrible thing.

Comment from: robert, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 30

I have had sciatica since 2004, most of the time it has been not too bad. I've tried acupuncture, physiotherapy, and other types of therapy; the only one that gave me relief was chiropractic therapy. I've been seeing different chiropractors now over the last few years, the problem seems to be, the more I see him, the worse it gets. I was able to last a month, then weeks, now, I need to see him every other day. I am at a loss as to what to do, the pain in my back is destroying my life.

Comment from: buckster, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

I had a hip replacement and woke up in terrible pain and have had pain every day since. Two years later they have now said it is sciatica and time will heal. Sometimes pain is intense and pills do not seem to work but they may take some of the pain away. This is the worst pain I have ever felt. Sleeping pills help me sleep sitting up.

Comment from: Sheraine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I suffered with sciatica when I was about 29 years of age. The pain was unbearable. My job contributed mainly to this because I was constantly sitting and as a result I developed a problem in my lower back which led to sciatica. I was constantly at the doctor who prescribed anti-inflammatory medication such as diclofenac. People who don"t suffer from pain do not understand what a person suffering from sciatica goes through. I used to cry often because of the pain. Physiotherapy helped me greatly and constant massaging and heat fomentations also helped. People suffering with this ailment must understand that the pain doesn"t disappear overnight, it"s very drawn out but eventually it does go away.

Comment from: Hurting so bad2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I was hit from behind while driving my girlfriend's small car. I have been having loads of pain shooting down the back of my leg, a grabbing like pain affects me. It will grab me and throw me off balance from pain and nearly making me pass out. A doctor said I should have my back fused and he refused to do my back as I am over weight and once I lose that weight he would do it. Every time I lift too much weight, some times that is even as small as a bag of groceries or a gallon of milk, I feel the pain behind my knee which is caused by my sciatica nerve being pinched. I need to have something done, I can't be lying all the time. I am still young mentally, while physically I hurt like an old woman, not me at all.

Comment from: bratt61, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I had an orthopedic doctor nick my sciatica nerve with a needle and permanently damage the nerve. That was 6 years ago. I have a spinal cord simulator implant, it helps some but I live with chronic pain daily. I've tried all the medicines and exercises, nothing works.

Comment from: sunlitbutterfly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

In 1998 I slipped on ice and fell landing on my bottom. My entire back was affected by this fall. Therapy, a cortisone injection revealed I had become 5% disabled. I began experiencing sciatica problems; swelling, pinched nerve, pain with issues of not being able to sit, stand or walk for too long. Swimming provided relief for a while. It is now 2014 and I recently have been experiencing problems again due to a minor car accident. Recently, I have been having difficulty controlling my bowels. When I need to go, I cannot wait a few minutes, they are like emergencies. I was in public with no restrooms available and had an accident because I could not control it. It was very embarrassing and so I now worry about it occurring again.

Comment from: IuckFt, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I had an aching pain in the back of my leg since I was 18, finally got it checked out 5 months later. The doctor told me I had sciatica. A few months passed, I had an MRI and found out I had pinched nerves in 2 places. I got prescribed painkillers (that don"t work), and a few months later I got an Injection in my lower back of what the doctor told me was a local anesthetic and steroids. It gave me a minor respite from the unending pain in the back of my leg that last about 2 weeks. Now I find myself going through painkillers like they"re skittles; sometimes when I'm working I go through a whole pack of ibuprofen. I turned 20 two months ago and I can"t sit for too long and I can"t walk for periods. The pain just seems to get worse as I was exercising daily but I physically can"t anymore. I"ve given up on the doctors as they will just give me stupid painkillers. All I want is a permanent solution to my leg and I just won"t get it, it"s quite depressing seeing my younger years just fade by whilst I"m limping along.

Comment from: Tas, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I am in the throes of recovery from debilitating sciatica. It came on two weeks after collecting apples from below a low growing apple tree. I had been on my knees stretching forward. When I went to get up I was unable to stand, no pain, more loss of leg function which resolved within minutes. I had no other symptoms until sciatica pain started radiating around buttock, down rear of leg to foot. I tried Panadol and over the counter anti-inflammatory with intermittent rest. After two weeks I was still unable to walk for more than a few meters due to the pain. I went to the general physician and was given oral prednisolone 25mg for 3 days then 12.5mg for 2 days. I did not take prescribed stronger analgesia as after 4 hours of first dose of prednisolone the pain was much better, but before next dose due the pain returned. I am now starting on a prescribed daily oral NSAID. The pain is not as debilitating but today was the last dose of prednisolone. If it does not fully resolve I will have an MRI.

Comment from: Marti, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

Two weeks ago, I was experiencing some sciatica nerve pain. The doctor gave me amitriptyline which never even touched the pain at all. A week later I fell on my left hip. I thought I had broken or fractured my pelvic bone. I went to the emergency room and x-rays showed nothing was broken. I was given Percocet 5mg. It took the edge off the pain, but nothing else. At that time, all the pain centered in the pelvic area. Four days later, the sciatica nerve kicked back in full time. From the left cheek area all the way down to my left foot. It hurts to stand, it hurts to walk, hurts to lie down. It hurts right now just sitting here typing this. I had a follow up appointment with a doctor yesterday, she just increased the Percocet to 10mg. It makes me sleepy. I have to use a walker just to get around. I cannot walk by myself from just one area of the room to another. Pain is so intense that I just would like to cry. I have a very low threshold for pain. I went to my chiropractor yesterday, and he said hopefully by Friday, I should be feeling better. I just want the pain to go away!

Comment from: Isabella, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

My sciatica pain was so excruciating down my hip and hamstring to my knee I cannot pull myself up stairs. I finally went to the doctor and he put me on prednisone for 7 days. Within 2 days I could start walking up the stairs.

Comment from: mamahurts, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I am 45 and a mother of 3. I have always been active and healthy. Nothing held me back and I always had a high tolerance for pain. This past May (2013), I had to sit with my back unsupported on school bleachers for 2 hours. Since that day I have had severe pain. After an MRI in Sept of 2013 I t showed I had a bulged disc around L-4 on my left side. Steroid injections and rest did not help and I had to have surgery. Finally I had relief but after a month back to work and on my feet for 6 hours at a time, my right leg started to go numb and increased to chronic pain radiating down my right leg to my toes but my back never hurt. I returned to the doctor and another MRI was done and showed another ruptured disc on the L-5 and S-1. I tried injections but I ended up with emergency surgery the day after Christmas because of intolerable pain. The doctor said that the MRI did not show everything that was going on which is why my pain was so bad. The bulge was enormous and slightly ruptured into the nerves. It has now been 3 and 1/2 weeks and I do not have the severe pain that I had at Christmas but I do still have pain and weakness when standing and walking. I cannot stand up over 20 minutes without a heavy aching pain and tingle in my feet. My back side of my legs are still numb from the damage of the bulge. I need to return to work but I am afraid I will damage it more. There has to be a solution for this! I am too young and have two small children to finish raising.

Comment from: NeedRelief, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have had two herniated and bulging discs as well as spinal stenosis pain for over 15 years. I am always dealing with some level of pain. Five weeks ago I "sprained” my back. Pain manager gave me a couple of injections of lidocaine, oral steroid, pain killers and muscle relaxers. I was ok within 5 days. A week ago I sneezed, but was unable to brace myself in time, felt a pop in my lower back. I went back to pain manager, same treatment, for what is the most horrific pain. I've had sciatica in the past, pain in my butt. This pain is excruciating and radiates from my hip down to my foot. The only time the pain is tolerable is when I am walking. I am scheduled for a cortisone epidural next week.

Comment from: karen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 17

In 2011 I herniated disc L4/L5, and I was told I had spinal stenosis and severe sciatica plus my discs are bigger than the norm. Till today I live every minute with my left foot numb and buttocks sore. I have a lot of muscle cramps. I've done everything there is to do even go to physiotherapy 3 times a week. The more I walk or stand the more I hurt. No surgery has been done and I'm hoping for an MRI in the near future. I'm better than I was but am still limited.

Comment from: vb101, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

My sciatica acts up occasionally. I found that this time it was following a 24 hour flu that ran through our house. I had violent vomiting and runs, only to be followed by this pain. Day two, pain still radiating down my leg, kept me up most of the night, but I took some Tylenol and it seems to be helping, as well as moving around. My pain level is at about an 8 out of ten.

Comment from: Mark, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 17

I spent several hours cooking hush puppies which meant a lot of bending over. The next day my left hip began to hurt. I went to my physician assistant and she diagnosed sciatic nerve problem. I have had an x-ray and was put on prednisone and a muscle relaxer. I only take the muscle relaxer at night to make sleeping a little more bearable. The pain is in my lower back but really hurts the most in my left butt and hip. It radiates down my left leg all the way to my foot. The physician assistant said that they may want an MRI after looking at the x-ray. I usually have a very high pain tolerance but this is through the roof.

Comment from: sharine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I've been having this pain from my lower back on my left side, travelling down my buttock, down behind my thigh, behind my knee, down my calf and down to my toes. My toes are tingling and feel numb but are not numb to the touch, and it's only my pinky toe and the toe next to it. The pain is not severe but it's annoying. Some days it's worse than other days. The pain in my back is worse when I twist my body, sometimes it is a shooting pain. I cannot sleep too long on my left side because then I will feel this pain in my leg and I have to change position. Some days the pain in my leg will bother me the whole day when sitting at my desk at work. When I get up and walk a little the pain will ease up. Like I mentioned before, the pain is not unbearable (no painkillers necessary) but it's annoying.

Comment from: Eyes, 55-64 (Patient) Published: November 18

Sciatica pain is the worst pain I have ever experienced. Getting up from a sitting position is almost impossible. I have pain radiating down my right leg with numbness under right foot. I am screaming and crying every day from the pain. Walking is no problem, but bending, sitting and turning in bed are just impossible. Treatment is ibuprofen 600 mg twice a day. Heat pad and pain killers do not help. Sciatica nerve must take its course. This has been 4 weeks with slow improvement.

Comment from: spicer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

Two years ago I ruptured my L4 disk. Intense sciatic pain in the right leg lasted for 4 weeks while doctors gave me Vicodin, Lidocaine patches and sent me for PT (physiotherapy). The pain was so intense the muscles pulled my right hip out of alignment. I broke down in tears at the PT appointment. I then tried the chiropractor, I had some relief but not enough. Finally I gave in to friends' advice and saw an acupuncturist. After 2 visits I was pain free! I was able to continue with the chiropractor and PT therapy for 2 months until my insurance ran out. Three weeks ago I had back spasm which caused mild sciatic pain. I am recovering from knee replacement so I guess the medications kept it under control. For the last week pain has been increasing until tonight it is excruciating. I can't lie down, must sit on a recliner to sleep with heat pad on thigh. Counting the hours until I can see acupuncturist on Monday!

Comment from: perky, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

My problem began 55 years ago making a cement sidewalk when I in my male prime carelessly lifted cement bags and was not paying attention to bent knees; I injured my back and since then have been paying the price in pain, pain and pain; 222s gave me ulcer and simple things like lifting a fallen pencil sunk me to my knees and bed. I have had numerous sciatica bouts of immobility and pain. This is my worst bout with movements and pain; I've tried therapies, chiropractors, medications, etc. just name it! Now, I'm trying Cymbalta, a slight chance it may relieve pain of the irritable sciatica; I know the hazards of the drug, but what to do!

Comment from: Debra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

Last December I stepped off the top step and my right knee popped. It was so painful. Now after all this time I have the most terrible pain that goes from my right buttock all the way down to the bottom of my foot; it takes away my breath. It feels like electrical currents running through my entire leg. I can't lay down the pain is so bad. I have to try to sleep in my recliner. I only sleep from 1 to 2 hours and am up every hour after that. This pain is unbearable. I am miserable. I have no insurance so not am not taking any treatment. I need some relief.

Comment from: Hopeful, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have suffered from sciatic pain for over a year. Unfortunately I experience it in both legs and I have pain every day. At times it is very debilitating. Physical therapy has really helped me. Strengthening the core muscles that support the spine has decreased my pain significantly. Next week I begin dry needling to eliminate muscle pain. I'm actually looking forward to it because I desperately want to be pain-free and avoid back surgery and cortisone shots. I am hopeful that some relief is in sight!

Comment from: j1m2t3, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I am a nurse who developed sciatica pain secondary to arthritis in L4 and L5. Sometimes I wake up with tingling in my leg. At times the dorsal aspect of my foot is sore with walking. I feel best when I stretch, eat healthy and use ice and heat. For pharmaceutical use: Aleve and Tylenol. I would definitely benefit from losing weight. It can be depressing to have pain even when trying to change position at night in bed. But when I neglect my body is when I really notice more pain.

Comment from: lenmac, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

My sciatica started very abruptly one morning after sitting up in bed using my notebook. When I got out of bed a sharp pain hit the right hip and buttock. This quickly escalated over the next few hours to 10 on the scale of 1 - 10 leaving me unable to move without enormous pain (enough to bring tears and vomiting!). An out of hours home visit by a general practitioner, where she injected pethidine into the right upper buttock, produced final relief (after 14 hours overnight of no sleep). I am now left with a very slight pain in the right hip area and 80% numbness down from the right knee about 15cm (6 inches). The onset of the sciatica seems to have followed a parvovirus (B19) infection that caused (and still does) arthritis-like symptoms in both hands and feet. Walking exercise is helping along with the use of diclofenac (Voltaren SR100 tabs) and indomethacin for pain and inflammation.

Comment from: Cadillic, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

With sciatica I have pain in the right foot but it starts in my lower back down my lift hip, thigh, leg, bottom of foot, and big toes. It feels like it will fall off.

Comment from: stef, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 14

My sciatica started last year, can't remember when, but I went to the doctor because there was no explanation for my pain. The doctor and I thought it was pulled groin but know I know it wasn't, and they couldn't explain my pain. I now believe it is my sciatica, it starts in the hips and go down my back thigh and down the back of my leg and it has now gone to my foot. The pain in my leg causes me to stop and I have the need to lift my leg in order to carry it, and that is strange. Now I'll go see a doctor with this information in mind.

Comment from: Helen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I have had sciatica pain for 6 years. I have also had surgery but it didn't work. I can't walk for long, and standing is worse. I feel for all you people because I know what you for all going through. Let's hope our pain eases soon; life is awful with pain every day.

Comment from: Aaron, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

I felt something in my lower back twist when I was at my new job. I have pain from my buttocks to my right leg, calf, thigh, and foot. I can't stand in one position for long. And some days the sciatica is worse than others (workdays). It's been three weeks, I think I should go to the urgent care; I'm sick of being in such pain.

Comment from: Taking amoxicillin, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

I had pain blocks for nerve pain; however, when I started taking amoxicillin for a sinus problem I felt like my old self again. The pain block really didn't help, but the amoxicillin helped my sciatica wonderfully.

Comment from: coco, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I am scared witless because I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he gave me naproxen. The other doctor suggested a CT scan. The pain got worse and I fell over in the shop. Now it is Thursday and my general physician has booked me in at 6 pm as an emergency. Hope he can give me the correct medication. It feels like a hip problem and there is burning sensation down my right leg. Debilitating is how I describe sciatica. I'm going to ask if surgery would help. I have got 4 and a half hours to go.

Comment from: Felina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

My sciatica flares every 4 to 6 weeks. It generally radiates from my lower left back to mid-thigh but recently extends around to the side of my hip. The pain can be from mild to severe. I do not take prescription pain medicines so extra strength Tylenol is quite helpful but I am reluctant to take even that. I would be grateful for some exercises or heat treatment suggestions as an alternative to medication.

Comment from: Sam, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 02

I am having a mild nagging pain on the outer side of my right thigh, just below the hip. Because of this, I am unable to sleep on my right side. If I sleep on the right side the sciatica pain radiates till my right calf muscle. Sometimes I can feel a light swelling on the above spot.

Comment from: Magic E, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

I've been suffering with sciatica for 15 years, I have had numerous epidurals, burn nerve endings, steroids and pain medications and through all of it, I am still in pain. I want to wake up one morning without pain. I can't go on this way any longer.

Comment from: Carl, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 29

I have aches at my back at hip level. I can't stand in one spot and my legs are numb from the knee down especially the right leg. And if I bump my leg, not hard it is real painful and I only bump it lightly.

Comment from: Jason G, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 01

I've tried everything to relieve my sciatica pain. The only thing that worked and I was apprehensive to try, was the chiropractor. I actually cried with tears of joy the first day I woke up without pain! Please try it for a few months and don't give up. It helped me! When I stopped going for a year I had a relapse, but fixed it with a few visits. Don't give up.

Comment from: ronsie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I wake up every morning between 3 and 4 in agony. It is a battle to get up and walk to loosen it up. My sciatica is better during the day but there is low level pain all the time. Hot water bottle helps. I am on Arcoxia and ibuprofen but it is not enough.

Comment from: barfon, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I"ve been suffering sciatica pain for 3 years. My doctor sent me to get the shot to the back, it never really helped. Now my pain is so severe that I have been told that I will need surgery to correct this. My left foot is cold to the touch and it is swollen; also I can"t feel it when walking. For the last 2 weeks there now is pain in my testicles and I am not sure if this is also from the sciatica nerve. I will have to contact the doctor to meet with a surgeon to get this fixed.

Comment from: kate7, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I had a hysterectomy 5 1/2 years ago, in which they nicked my sciatic nerve with a stitch. My left leg is in constant pain along with muscle spasms and nothing seems to help. I was told it would take time to heal the nerve, but 5 1/2 years? Seriously! Wouldn"t it feel a little better by now!

Comment from: Roundthebend, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I have had an active life, but recently retired from a sedentary job. I"ve had back pain for several years, but in the last several months I have searing pain down the backs of both of my legs, it is crippling! If I bend down to pick up something, it triggers the pain that lasts for about 15 minutes.

Comment from: Deb b, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

The pain from sciatica is worse than giving birth. I have been house bound for 21 days, I am hunched over and when I try to get around the home the pain is unbearable. Medications don"t relieve anything; it is mentally degrading and physically impossible to live with this. I would not wish this on anyone. Good luck to all those sufferers out there, I feel and know you"re pain; find a cure someone please!

Comment from: LUCKY 2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I fell from my porch one day, didn"t think about it till next morning when I awoke and couldn"t move out of bed and was in pain. I called my friend who came and called 911, when they came they put me on a stretcher since I couldn"t walk, and took me to emergency. After all kinds of tests they said it was sciatica, and since I didn"t have insurance they sent me home with some pills. I have 2 hip replacements, I went to see my primary care physician, got x-rays and he says it is arthritis. I know that"s not it, every morning my left thigh has the pain where I have trouble moving, I also have trouble standing straight for over 10 minutes. He still says its arthritis, I have had arthritis for years so I know the difference; that does not stop me from moving.

Comment from: lavender, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I have suffered with sciatica since 1997. I don't sleep very often. This is the most depressing pain of all pain. Nothing has eased my pain except I am now a pill popping patient. Narcotics, anti-inflammatories, nothing helps. Sometimes I'm desperate for relief.

Comment from: colleenarn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

The most debilitating pain I have ever felt is from sciatica. Nothing worked except an adjustment from my chiropractor; not prednisone or pain medication. I have kept this in check with regular adjustments and I have no more pain.

Comment from: A Victom, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have a chronic, constant throbbing pain in my right shoulder blade close to my vertebra. Sometimes my toes get numb and tingly; other times my whole foot. Also, sometimes my fingertips get tingly and numb. The symptoms started after I was riding my bike; I hit a pot hole, my right hand was the only hand on the handle bars (thank goodness), as a result, my right shoulder blade smashed against my vertebra where the sciatic nerve is.

Comment from: Gigi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I have been dealing with sciatic nerve for 3 months now! The pain is so chronic, I find it painful to sit, stand, walk, cough, or sneeze! I have told my doctor about how bad it hurts! I cannot get any relief!

Comment from: Jim29673, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

Three months ago, I was about 3 or 4 levels up on a scaffold unloading 8" concrete blocks from a pallet and a pan of mortar mix was in front of me. I tripped and my right foot was caught under one of the legs of the mortar pan. At first, it did not bother me, but now if I sit for a period of time or lay down for a length of time, I have to get up very slowly because once I start to put my weight on my right leg and try to walk, a most intense throbbing pain will hit at my right hip close to my groin, and go to the inside of my right thigh, and down to my ankle. Even when standing, when I go to walk and I take a step it hurts badly.

Comment from: Ari, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I had sciatica for about 8 months. My doctor prescribed me some strong medication which I can't take anymore, so the pain came back 8 out of 10. I feel it more in the morning, and I need to walk to work. I also put ice on my butt and that helps me to not feel the pain before going to sleep.

Comment from: Ninjiastar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

In 2010 I was diagnosed with RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and put on hydroxychloroquine and diclofenac which I'm still taking. In December 2012 I had slipped on water on the floor landed on my back with some bruises. Before the beginning of the year I began having severe pain in my neck and lower back. The pain became worse in lower back so I made an appointment with my orthopedic physician who referred me to the spine physician. After looking at x-rays he determined I would need an MRI to be sure, before treating me with injection in the spine area. The spine physician put me on Flexeril, meloxicam and hydrocodone for pain, which does not help with pain; only puts me to sleep.

Comment from: lilmissbosslady, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

Extreme pain deep in my left butt cheek, radiates down the back of my left leg; sometimes I can't even stretch my leg out, or my toes. It kind of feels like a weird burning sensation, then a spasm of pain shoots through my upper left buttock, lower back and left leg at first I thought it was my hip but no, its a nerve messing up my whole lower left side.

Comment from: Youmademeink, 25-34 (Patient) Published: December 13

Four months ago I was sore, nothing really, but now after 2 months of constant pain, I went to see my doctor. I had physical therapy and no pain medications. Well, I went to the hospital because the pain was so intense. They were about to do x-ray but find out I'm pregnant, and say maybe that is why. I'm in a lot of pain with sciatica but I'm 5 weeks, and I've been like this for 2 months. Right side back is sore and feeling a little pain my hip. It hurts in my thigh down to my ankle outside of my leg; I can't do simple things.

Comment from: Patient A, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 22

I have several degenerative discs in my lower back. I have had sciatica previously in my right side / leg. This time I have a similar issue with the sciatic nerve but in my left side/leg. The difference is that along with the extreme pain of the sciatic nerve I have this nauseating pain in my groin area, almost as though I had been hit there. This pain was a new experience for me. When I sit upright or walk it is worse. If not for the nausea I could probably function, at least while the chiropractor is helping me.

Comment from: mrsmanzella, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I hurt my lower back around 1981 when lifting a crate at the post office I worked at; I was out of work for 2 weeks. In 2011 I hurt it again stacking wood and the doctor gave me prednisone and my pain was gone when I woke up the next day. Prednisone was my friend. I didn't need another prescription for at least 6 months but they don't like you to take this medication for too long so I have not gotten any more and I want some badly. My back still hurts to this day. I suggested to my physician's assistant I need a MRI and I just got my test results 11-5-13 and had shots (2) in lower back yesterday 11-11-13. Oh my, I have been in pain for a long time. The radiologist said I might need surgery so I have another appointment with a back surgeon and it will take about a month for me to get an appointment I am sure, it makes me mad that it takes so long for anything to get done! I have a follow up appointment a couple of days after thanksgiving for them to see how I am feeling, etc. They have given me baclofen 14 pills twice a day 20mg no refills and Cymbalta 20mg 1 per day with 2 refills. I get 90 Norco a month. I need serious help and I have Humana and Medicare.

Comment from: JAY, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

My sciatica started while doing a yoga pose, throwing my right leg towards the left side of my body. This was at least 6 months ago. I had no back pain, just in the buttocks and down the back of the leg. It hurts the most when I lay on that side, usually after about 5 minutes. Occasionally when I stand a long while, it hurts but mostly when lying. Taking ibuprofen about 15 minutes before I go to bed helps for a while.

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I was doing laundry today and got up off my bed and felt a sharp stabbing pain in the lower left side. I thought I just moved wrong so I went to take a hot bath. I ran the bath as hot as I could stand it thinking that would help. After 20 minutes in the tub I could barely move and crawled out of the tub back to my bed. I have a very high pain tolerance so anything than can make me cry, go to emergency room and call husband at work has to be really bad. After 3 hours the doctor finally said I had a bulging disk and it was pressing on my sciatic nerve and that was causing my pain. After a shot of Demerol and steroids I was sent home. By the time I got home the Demerol had worn off. I am still in extreme pain.

Comment from: angellight, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have scoliosis of the right hip. Over the last month I have been experiencing pain from my lower back and hips that shoots down both my legs. It is very difficult to walk and even standing sends sharp pain down my legs.

Comment from: Nikki, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I was reading in bed one night. I went to get up and felt the worst pain I've ever felt in my lower back. I couldn't move, bend or sit down; it was the most severe pain I've ever had in my life. Throughout the next hour or two the pain traveled to my right buttock area and then down my right upper thigh. It eventually settled in my right calf area and the back of my right knee. I went to the hospital to treat the pain with steroids and eventually had an MRI taken. It's been 4 weeks and the pain has subsided a bit but it has settled behind my right knee where it continues to be a constant ache. I was informed I have a disk that is pressing on my sciatic nerve and will need physical therapy, aqua therapy and injections into the area.

Comment from: Dcajm, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

Last Thursday I woke up in severe pain around my right buttock radiating down to my knee, I thought maybe I'd slept wrong so I tried to ignore it. I have a bulging disc in my neck and serious back pain so I deal with pain daily but this hurt really bad. I waited almost a week before I went to the doctor, I was in tears so she tells me its sciatica and to just take my regular medicines of neurontin, Flexeril, and hydrocodone as prescribed. She gave me two shots one of Norflex and the other Toradol and sent me home said if it got worse to call. Well the next day it was worse, now I'm taking prednisone and still the others. I got about 6 hours today pain free, now I'm almost in tears again, back in bed. Definitely not pain free, it hurts no matter how I move or lay.

Comment from: sharon, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

With sciatica, this is the first time I have ever experienced such pain. I get occasional lower backaches but this pain is always in my thighs to my knees. The burning and numbness is just unbearable. Sometimes I get sharp pains there also and if I cough the pain is just awful. I have to stand for 6 hours at work and sometimes I am in tears from this awful situation. This has been going on about a year now.

Published: July 09

My pain started a few days after a long driving trip (4000 miles). It's the first time I've had this problem. The pain was very intense making even simple movements of my left leg very painful. It was a 10 on the 1-10 scale. Bending over was impossible. No matter how long I looked at my sock on the floor I could not pick it up. The pain would strike from my left butt cheek to my left ankle. After I'd move it would continue to ache for a period of time. I could not sit in most chairs as it was too uncomfortable. I spent four days in a chair with minimal time out of the chair. I could barely walk to get to the bathroom or to get food. After the fourth day I found that 800 mg of Ibuprofen would give me relief for about three hours. The day after that (today) the pain was much less, only about a 4 on the 10 scale and that was without any Ibuprofen. I'm looking forward to continued recovery.

Published: May 28

To begin with, the pain was located in the upper inner quadrant of the left buttock as if a deep intramuscular injection was given! Then the pain started radiating down the buttock, back of the thigh down to the popliteal fossa. I could minimize the pain by adopting certain postures. Heat was more effective in alleviating the pain. In three weeks time, the pain severity came down by almost 50% without using too many analgesics. Walking exercises were continued despite pain.

Comment from: Jcross, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 25

I have sciatica pain just below my calf muscle into my foot on the left foot.

Comment from: Oscar Shelton, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 01

I have tried everything for sciatica and no help, nothing would touch this pain.

Comment from: moydan, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 15

I have developed a serve pain in my buttocks which travels down the back of my leg.

Comment from: koe, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 17

I have had debilitating sciatica for two years. Chiropractors and physical therapy have not helped, and have actually made my problems worse.

Comment from: LedZepplin, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

I have spondylolisthesis, which is degenerative condition of the spine. I am on strong pain killers for this but if I get further aggravation of the nerve (as I have had recently) I can be in so much pain, to the point of passing out. The only way I can describe the sciatica pain is it is similar to the pain of a serious kidney infection. Sadly I know how that feels too. Best advice is to take pain killers, avoid lifting or bending and potter around the house. Don't lay or sit for long periods, this doesnt help at all. If you get to the point where you can't got to the toilet or its problematic get yourself down to Accident and Emergency as soon as possible.

Comment from: melissa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

Five years ago, I broke my spine at L2 T12 because of a horse riding accident. Two months ago I started to have pain in my hip and went to the physiotherapist, 7 times since, and it got only worse. I got low back pain and that time he cracked me for the 3rd time. Then the pain was over but my left leg start to tingle and I couldn't walk anymore plus didn't feel it anymore. Also my right leg started and couldn't walk anymore. When I lay down on the bed it took 1 hour to walk again. Doctors don't see anything on the scans.

Comment from: solomon mighi, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 01

I was making hips for the planting of yam, when suddenly I felt the lower part of me pain and I could not continue with the hip making. And now the pain has grown down my legs. If I work or walk for a long period it starts paining.

Comment from: Tom, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I have leg pain from sciatica, while driving a vehicle any length of time.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter