- What other names is Rna And Dna known by?
- What is Rna And Dna?
- How does Rna And Dna work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Rna And Dna.
People take RNA/DNA combinations to improve memory and mental sharpness, treat or prevent Alzheimer's disease, treat depression, increase energy, tighten skin, increase sex drive, and counteract the effects of aging.
In the hospital, RNA is used in nutrition formulas that include omega-3 fatty acids and arginine. The combination is used for reducing the time needed for recovery after surgery, boosting the immune system's response, and improving outcomes for burn patients and intensive care patients.
As a shot, RNA is used to treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, as well as hives and shingles.
Possibly Effective for...
- Shortening recovery from surgery or illness. Supplementing the diet of patients undergoing major surgery with RNA, L-arginine, and eicosapentaenoic acid might improve recovery. Giving this combination around the time of surgery appears to boost immune response, reduce infections, improve wound healing, and shorten recovery time.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Burn injury recovery.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Improving memory.
- Sagging skin.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Eczema, when given as a shot.
- Psoriasis, when given as a shot.
- Hives, when given as a shot.
- Shingles, when given as a shot.
- Other conditions.
omega-3 fatty acids and L-arginine or injected under the skin. Injections can cause itching, redness, and swelling at the injection site.
Infant formulas that contain RNA or DNA also seem to be safe for children.
There isn't enough information to know whether RNA/DNA combinations are safe to take by mouth.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It might be UNSAFE to take RNA and DNA as a supplement if you are pregnant. Some evidence suggests that DNA might cross the placenta and cause birth defects.
Not enough is known about the safety of using RNA and DNA if you are breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
BY FEEDING TUBE:
- For improving surgical recovery: 30 mg/kg/day of RNA along with arginine and omega-3 fatty acids.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.