Patient Comments: Ringworm - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your ringworm? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sharanya, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

Turmeric is the best remedy for ringworm. I have experienced it. I got good result but it takes two weeks' time for cure.

Comment from: Joy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I have showered using Head and Shoulders clinical strength formula, applied the cream that can treat vaginal yeast infection, but honestly the thing that seems to help the most with ringworm is sitting in bright sunshine for a good 1/2 hour daily. Good luck!

Comment from: kelseykelsey2, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I have very sensitive allergic skin and the Made from Earth pure aloe treatment is in my opinion excellent for ringworm. It is not greasy and soothes the skin initially taking away the itch, a little goes a long way and worth paying a bit extra for a cream that works. This is also steroid free so you can use on the face and on a daily basis.

Comment from: RW Sufferer, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I took in a stray kitten that had a few noticeable bald spots from ringworm. I also didn't realize it was so contagious! Needless to say within a few days my dog got it and then I got it under my chin, breast and hip! Worse yet, 2 other families whose dog played with mine, also got ringworm so they've been battling it also. It's been 2 months of this and I simply cannot believe in this day of medicine there isn't a reliable cure! I've spent hundreds of dollars between veterinary bills, shampoos, antifungal creams, iodine, witch hazel, carpet shampooers, Borax, Lysol, bleach, vinegar you name it! I've tried it and just when I thought I had it licked, we are all infected again just in time for Christmas! I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Laura, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 02

One part water one part bleach applied with a Q-tip, boom the ringworm's gone!

Comment from: shashank, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 27

Several essential oils, listed below, can help treat ringworm. When using essential oils, test that you're not allergic to them first. Dilute the essential oil by adding three to five drops per ounce of a carrier oil such as olive or mineral oil. Then, rub it onto healthy skin in an area the size of a dime. If you have no reaction in 12 to 24 hours, it should be safe to use on your infection. Soap and water, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, turmeric, coconut oil and aloe vera, all work for ringworm.

Comment from: Rowan Woods, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 28

You can indeed cure ringworm with plants found around you. Also some of your food contain anti-fungal properties. Simple extracts can indeed help; combine them with coconut oil and beeswax for a nice cream. If you are allergic to bees, beeswax is still safe. In fact you should be eating pollen that the bees collect and a small amount of propolis. Propolis will also help with tinea. Oregano oil is anti-fungal and will cure it. Topical use only, no need for internal. Put it on and around the infected area for a few days and it will be gone.

Comment from: disch52, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I have to say the Blue Star ointment is working better for ringworm than anything I've tried.

Comment from: sarafrye, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 09

I once took griseofulvin 250 mg for my ringworm. I am happy about the results. You can see noticeable difference within 3 days.

Comment from: ringworm fyto, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

Use isopropyl alcohol to avoid further enlargement of ringworm rashes, based on my experience. Then after 6 hours put anti-fungal ointment.

Comment from: Ringworm patient, (Patient) Published: April 05

I had ringworm for 2 months and when I tried to use the cream my doctor gave me it only made it swollen and it spread more. What I found worked the best and made it go away within 2 weeks was the shampoo Selsun Blue. I applied it once a day to dry skin and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then I would take a shower and after the shower apply tea tree oil. I did notice though at the end of the 2 weeks my skin became very irritated and that's when I had to stop using it because the Selsun was very harsh on my skin. I use coconut oil and bio oil now to moisture and heal up all the spots.

Comment from: kev, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 11

I used eucalyptus and tea tree oil and bam the ringworm was gone!

Comment from: Min K., 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

My ringworm started at 2.5 inch size. I applied all type of antifungal cream with doctor's prescription and took a pill; but it get worse and size is bigger at 5 inch diameter. I suffered over two month. Then I applied Selsun Blue shampoo for 4 days, and it's gone. Must apply 3 or 4 times in a day and wait to dry; it usually takes an hour. I used Selsun Blue with selenium sulfide 1pecrcent. Thanks Mandy and Sue, for valuable information.

Comment from: CNA momma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

Apple cider vinegar has been effective for ringworm. It burns a little bit and is very stinky. I had ringworm on my wrist and would soak a Band-Aid in it and cover the area overnight. In the morning, shower and make sure it was dry and apply some anti-fungal powder for the daytime. Within a couple of applications I saw a significant change.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

When I was growing up at a young age I would get ringworms often. My mother would buy what was called Delhomme's lotion which came in a small bottle and it had a glass stem on the inside cap that would allow liquid to be applied with it. She would apply it on the area affected, it would burn a little but by next day the area would have dead skin and when you washed it clean it would be clear of ringworm. I don't know whatever happened to this product, keep in mind this was like 40 years ago.

Comment from: Tim, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I was getting nowhere with my ringworm until I applied vinegar to the affected skin. It burned awfully, but like they say, no pain no gain.

Comment from: runningwolf, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 02

Any anti dandruff shampoo works for ringworm. The trick is to put it on and let it sit for at least 1 hour and wash out. If it is in the hair and you are a male, shave head or crew cut it short and use 3 - 4 times a day. Selsun Blue works too, you can also go to Dollar Tree or Walmart and buy antifungal cream (for like jock itch or foot fungi), which works too. It must be applied several times a day not just 1 time daily to work and get better results.

Comment from: Sue M., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I got ringworm when I was in Boston. We were staying in a hotel with a pool. There was a spot the size of a nickel. I went to my doctor, what she gave me did nothing. I went to Walmart and got Blue Star ointment and Selsun Blue with the pearl beads, as suggested in a post here, and within 48 hours I saw a major difference. I want to thank the person below who suggested this. Blue Star is a miracle ointment. I was really starting to get discouraged that the ringworm wasn't going to go away unless I took something orally which my doctor told me was not good on my insides. Thank you!

Comment from: Jim, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 23

Here is something to add to your arsenal to fight the problem. Fungus doesn't like salt and needs moisture. Those are facts. Try applying a salt paste often to the ringworm rash or at minimum rinse your hair in salt water and don't wash out the salt. The sodium will kill it and make a poor environment to grow if you keep your scalp salty and the skin will dry depriving it of moisture. Also salt is a natural anti-inflammatory and can reduce itching and inflammation. Sometimes salt can cause itching so there is a balance to find depending on your situation. The skin fungus will dry out and turn black, then only after it turns black like a scab, you use a very little bit of Vaseline to put on it and eventually the black scab will loosen and fall off because Vaseline softens the dead scab. It takes a while but continually making the scalp inhospitable to fungus works for you. The salt thing is cheap to try too.

Comment from: SFbay, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 15

Whole foods (on order from amazon online) carries the product Candidase by Enzymedica. These are enzyme pills that you take by mouth throughout the day on an empty stomach. I have found them effective at treating underarm ringworm. Candidase still takes 2 weeks to work, and should be continued for an additional week, but at least it works. The Lamisil cream (topical antifungal) only seemed to make it worse.

Comment from: Natural Healing, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 22

Use Raw African Black Soap. Shower with it. Also lather it up and apply the lather to the ringworm affected area and leave it on overnight. It begins to work in a matter of hours. By the next day you will see a big difference. Buy it in beauty supply stores or order it online.

Comment from: SilverCrow, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

After suffering with ringworm for 2 months, I"ve tried almost every over counter athlete foot and anti-fungus cream and spray. I also tried 100% tea tree oil as well as nail polish. None of the above seem to work or work very slow. I finally found an ointment called "Blue Star Ointment" that's been around since 1920. You can buy it at Walmart for under $6. It takes about 3 to 4 days instead of weeks to see result. This ointment is absolutely amazing! My ringworm is almost gone and it"s only been 4 days.

Comment from: Finally, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

After years of having these ringworms on my hands nothing worked, creams over the counter, from prescription, natural remedies; until I tried liquid wart remover. This did the trick after years of trial and error.

Comment from: Mandy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

For ringworm, I tried Selsun Blue, the one with the little beads. I applied it, let it dry and rinsed it an hour later. It is better than the creams, I've used up to tubes of creams the doctor gave me and I only had to use Selsun Blue for two days!

Comment from: jodi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have had ringworm for nine months. I tried everything: over the counter medications, prescriptions medications, and everything on these message boards including painting them with fingernail polish. Tea tree oil is amazing. It stopped spreading, itching and the bigger patches are gone. I still have some lingering spots but this stuff is amazing.

Comment from: DPS, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

My 2 daughters (11 and 14) and I went to a water park in August. Within a week we all had these round marks that seemed to grow, turn red and scaly. Mine was over my upper lip, my daughter on her cheek, the other on the inside of her forearm. I brought them to their pediatrician who diagnosed ringworm. He saw my mouth and was kind enough to give me a prescription too: Lamisil applied twice daily "killed" the ugly fungus within 2 weeks.

Comment from: mandy33, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

It is Wednesday and last Friday I rescued a stray kitten and got ringworm. Well, I started getting itchy and then where the kitten had sat, I got red bumps (breast and torso). I read a ton of forums and researched it forever. I have tried cream, tea tree oil, nail polish and iodine. Finally last night I found out about Neem oil and bought it this morning. I have been applying it today and already I see results.

Comment from: Susan, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I noticed a circular red, scaly patch growing on my right hip area two months ago. Then it started to spread to smaller patches all over my body. I suspected it was ringworm and started applying Lotrimin. I saw a doctor, who agreed it was ringworm and prescribed fluconazole oral antifungal pills for four weeks. I had taken the pills for two weeks when I started to feel quite alarmed that the rash was still spreading and not improving at all. I tried everything people suggested on this thread; Blue Star ointment (burned my skin), vinegar, tea tree oil, and neem oil soap, in addition to the antifungal cream I continued to use (two tubes per week equals a lot of money). None of it was helping, and especially the vinegar was just burning my rash and making it hurt worse. Finally I saw a dermatologist who correctly diagnosed my rash as pityriasis rosea, not a fungus at all. I still have the rash, there's no treatment for it but it will go away on its own. I just hope someone struggling with this will trust their gut and see a second doctor if you don't think the treatment is working.

Comment from: Kabella, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I work with someone who has ringworm; all in her hair, on her forehead, it flakes, peels and looks terrible. We share a phone. Yes! Now I've got one on my forehead, my eyelid and my chest and it won't go away. I've tried everything, creams, lotions, gels (all antifungals), shampoo, apple cider vinegar, lavender oil and fresh aloe vera gel, right from the plant. Nothing is working. I'm going to try an internal defense now and just ordered probiotics, 16 different strains. Something has got to work on this!

Comment from: Scott67, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I was diagnosed with ringworm in March by a doctor and I still have it. The article indicated that it usually lasts 3 to 4 weeks. I use the clotrimazole 1 to 2 times/day. It is better, but just doesn't go away. I am baffled at what I can need to do to eradicate this.

Comment from: BisongDuso, Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I suffered ring worm for over 7 months. Well, I tried almost all medicines for skin problems but, they all failed me. Finally, I discovered that the already used cooking oil can help treat my ringworm. It is the best cure for it.

Comment from: Been there Done That, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 08

Use anything with tar and sulfur in it, such as Selsun Blue shampoo.

Comment from: Mobbsqaad, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 12

Blue Star ointment has been effective for my ringworm.

Comment from: earnski, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

Dermovate cream is very good for ringworm. Clobetasol propionate I think is the generic name. Check at the nearest pharmacy!

Comment from: whisk, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

Creams seem to work for my ringworm when used consistently yet can be costly. I have found that infrared heat kills the fungus (use cautiously as not to burn your skin) but expose regularly. Dry skin also appears to be a culprit to breed ringworm.

Comment from: Ramo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

My son (almost 2) and I both got ringworm from a kitten. We're in the process of getting rid of it but it seems extremely difficult. He's got only one in his back and I had two that responded to treatment but immediately afterwards, a bunch appeared. We've been to the dermatologist and followed his advice and used Nizoral. His lesions seem to fade away.

Comment from: yorkie004, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 24

I used essential tea tree oil to treat my dog for ringworm, and can swear by it. It does pong a little, but it really is good stuff. If you find the pure oil a little too smelly, you can try the cream version. It still works, but it may require more applications and certainly more days.

Published: May 11

I contracted ringworm from an infected kitten and it's a bugger to eradicate. I tried every cream at the pharmacy and nothing worked. I even tried bleach, no dice. Then I remembered black walnut extract. Get it at the health food store in pure form, no tinctures and apply it directly. The biggest problem I found with the ringworm on my arm is the running (in Florida there is a particularly nasty form of it, not just crusty and itchy but running and leaking lesions). Apply it directly and the running stops immediately. It seals off the lesion and it has a chance to heal. Also found that a topical dose iodine and ammonia in tincture form stops the spreading. It stings like crazy and smells awful but it stops the spreading. It takes six weeks to cure it so be sure to treat it two to three times a day and use band aides to cover it so it doesn't spread. This form is very painful and in a tropical climate it is hard to get rid of. I also agree that it must be dealt with internally as well as externally, so drops of black walnut in water once a day as well as the external application to the lesion helps keep it in check.

Comment from: sublime, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 05

My wife and I rescued a kitten off the streets of Beijing and the kitten had ringworm all over her body. We took her straight to the vet and they treated her with Itraconazole (an oral anti-fungal medication) and Terbinafine spray (a topical anti-fungal treatment). After twelve days we took the cat home and treated her ourselves. She was cured in total twenty-six days, she has no ringworm. She is still on the medication, and will be for another month. Just today, i felt an itch on my hand and noticed a faint red half circle. I immediately sprayed it with the kitten is Terbinafine spray and I watched it disappear in about an hour. Four hours later I could feel an itch again in the exact same place on my hand, a very faint red soft circle began to appear. I sprayed it again with Terbinafine spray and it disappeared within 20 - 25 minutes, right before my very eyes! The vet told me it will be ok, and cured completely within six days. It's now been 8 hours and my hand is totally free of the ringworm, I hope it stays that way. I will spray it in the same place once more before I go to bed and hopefully that will hold off the ringworm while i sleep. All I can say is be very aggressive in treatment and treat the area affected area ASAP. Even if its not ringworm, over the counter topical anti-fungal spray will not harm you. As I said be aggressive, that is how we cured our kitten. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. I will win the ringworm war.

Comment from: Mom F., 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 05

My husband has suffered on and off with what is called tinea versicolor - a skin discoloration which is very itchy, and is also caused by a fungus like ringworm. After trying many products, Lamisil for one, we just could not get this under control and over the summer it spread all over his back and any other sweat point he had. Through a combination of using tea tree oil soap, and pure GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) in oil form, he totally cured the tinea versicolor. The GSE also worked quickly on my 8 year old, who had one ringworm spot, and now my 11 year old has one which we are treating with GSE. (I mention the other incidents because I feel they are all related.) It stings a bit when you apply it, but it dries out the ring quickly if applied several times per day. We also take natural colloidal silver.

Comment from: Margee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I have found a product that works very fast to clear up ringworm on my hand. And the treatment also stops the itching. However, it is not marketed for that purpose. I realize that ringworm is a fungus, but the OTC products did not work for me. I even tried scraping, but it continued to slowly spread until I tried a counter-attack with alternating two OTC anti-bacterials: Benzalkonium chloride and Ethyl Alcohol and keeping the area very dry. Both kill bacteria on contact. The Benzalkonium is found in Band-Aid Antiseptic Wash, and the Ethyl Alcohol is found in GermX Hand Sanitizer. After washing my hands thoroughly, I towel-dry very well, apply the Benzalkonium, air dry my hand, and then apply the Ethyl Alcohol, and let that air dry as well. When working around water during the day, I use disposable plastic gloves over my hands to keep it totally dry, and the remainder of the day, I let my hand be exposed to light, but not to heat. Within less than a week, my hand has no more tiny eruptions (I call them micro-blisters), and the area is dried up. It will take two more weeks for the skin to slough off normally to expose new unaffected skin. Hope this helps someone.

Comment from: John, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 21

I have multiple ringworms on my right side (only on the upper front part of my body) for more than six weeks. Nothing seems to work. I've tried Clotrimazole and Neosporin AF. I've started using Lamisil in the last two weeks, and the old ones ringworms stopped growing, but new ones are starting to appear. I don't think it helps that the doctors keep switching me from one medication to another.

Comment from: JL, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

Tea tree oil helped my ringworm. You can buy it at any health store for about $13. I put it on and within 24 hours, the redness goes away and the ring begins to diminish. I coat the area and put a Band-Aid so it won't infect anyone. I would recommend it to anyone for immediate results.

Comment from: midwest mom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I had a patch of ringworm on my forehead, and got that to clear up. I now have some bumps in the genital area that are swollen and painful, and from what I can see look like ringworm.

Comment from: jel, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

For ringworm, apply clotrimazole Canesten cream thrice a day and take griseofulvin tablet once a day.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I have ringworm and it spread and now looks like a rash. I have tried to go to the doctor, and the medications that they gave me made it worse, so I tried jock itch cream, triple antibiotic ointment, everything under the sun and it still won't go away.

Comment from: Hires, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

This is one of the twenty years old college student I have been suffering from ringworm and itching for the last four years. I have taken medication prescribed by some doctors and applied to cure it and some antifungal creams though I could not cure it fully when I use medication. So for a few days I feel relief but later some days the same situation.

Comment from: anon, 25-34 Female Published: May 29

Cover the ringworm with nail polish overnight. The ringworm will be gone in the morning. It's worked for me more times than I can count.

Comment from: FinallyCrudless, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

I have been fighting ringworm for the last 15 years and finally found a cure! My ringworm recently reached as high as my mid-back and as low as my mid-thigh with severe inflammation and itching. It drove me nuts! I had tried all the topical creams including Nizoral and Lamisil, but the ringworm would come back again after I stopped taking them over the same exact areas that they were in before. I was at my wits end and ready to quit my job in Haiti because the humid weather was making life unbearable. Then I started an Atkins diet, and within one week, the ringworm was almost unnoticeable! It seems to me that eliminating carbs and sugars from my diet deprived the fungus from whatever it needed to thrive. I hope this information helps others; it sure has changed my life.

Comment from: yourgirlkaykay, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 18

My daughter and I have a type of ringworm that just won't go away. It is like it is in our blood stream. She has taken the oral medicine for two months straight, but all it did was go away and now it is back again. She has ringworm of the scalp, and I have ringworm of the body. My ringworm seems to show up and disappear on its own.

Comment from: thelma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I have had ringworm on my left arm just beneath my wrist on the side for about two weeks now. This is the second time that I have contracted the fungus from someone's child. My mother suggested bleach, and I read somewhere that hand sanitizing and anti-bacterial hand soaps work well. Ultimately Lotrimin Ultra is the best way to go. I believe a combination of anti-bacterial products such as Germ-X and anti-bacterial soaps combined with the Lotrimin helps. Also, I try to avoid scratching at all cost. This helps to prevent the spreading. The ringworm has now dried (after one week), and I am waiting for the color of my skin to return. Remember frequent sanitizing, washing your hands, and avoid scratching.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

For a home remedy, mix equal amounts of sulphur and lard, mix well, apply to the affected area and cover completely with a bandaid. My dad used this on me when I was a kid. I recently got ringworm again and am treating it this way. This works really well and costs next to nothing. You can pick up sulphur at the drug store and the lard is something everyone has in their kitchen.

Published: July 15

Prescription 2% ketoconazole shampoo clears it right up for me. It's the only thing I've found that works. My doctor also gave me some ketoconazole cream to apply for a few weeks. I still get it back every summer though because I am a runner and frequently run outside in the hot (hence sweaty) weather.

Published: June 30

Lotrimin Ultra is very effective. It is used for Athlete's foot and is found at Wal-Mart, and/or Walgreens. It's about $12 or so. Within less than a week, you start to see the ringworm diminish. I put it on there for about two weeks total to be safe rather than sorry.

Published: June 09

I have used Mennen Skin Conditioner for years to treat Ringworm and Athletes feet. For the most part, it has alcohol and a small amount of Salsylic (don't know the spelling) acid. It has worked effectively for me, but it is getting harder to find in drug stores. They usually can order it for you.

Published: May 29

I have a baby of 1.5 yrs old and she got ringworm all over her legs and it gradually spreading every where in her body. We tried with anti fungal hydrozole cream but it burns the skin makes the skin white and it's not an effective cure.

Published: May 29

I have had ringworm on my arms and legs the only thing that works is rubbing the effected area with rubbing alcohol after I showered and dried off then applying Lamisill advanced cream. I did this twice a day for 2 weeks my ringworm was the size off a dime and spread in to 10 more dime size fungal infections just by skin to skin contact. I tried all kinds of brands to kill this fungal infections and no other fungal treatment worked. I believe the rubbing alcohol helped greatly in drying up my ringworm and the Lamisill advanced cream also had alcohol in it.

Comment from: lltcounselor, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I ditto the comment that Lotrimin is very effective. We live in the country and some years the fungal plant to transfer the ringworm to the animals is very high. When my kids got ringworm, I would clean the area and apply Lotrimin (liberally) and then I would put a band aid on the sore. The important part is to keep them from touching the sore and spreading it to other places. That is why I covered it with a band aid and instructed them not to touch it. With a week or so, the sore would disappear and I would keep applying the Lotrimin for another 7 days. I used the spray Lotrimin on my dogs when they get ringworm and it helps soothe them from scratching and is effective at clearing it up.

Comment from: debbiestar, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

My 10 year old son has ringworm on his head. As a result the doctor told me it is in the late stages this frightens me because by this time he had a bald patch and I was told the hair will never grow back. I was given (Stiefel) Tarmed shampoo, (ketoconazole 2%) Ketoxal topical cream, Terekol cream (Terbinafine) and half of a Lamisil tablet to be taken for 2 weeks. It has been about 2 months and he's still on treatment. I prayed this medicine will work, 2 days ago I saw some signs of improvements and the hair is actually growing back little by little but I have to take him to the doctor every 3 weeks until it is completely healed.

Comment from: lizzibennett, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I had ringworm several places on my upper body about a month ago. On one of my breasts, one on left side of the waist, and two on the right side of my waist. My treatment was Econazole Nitrate 1% cream 30GM, applied it twice a day (after first day, though the marks were still apparent, it becomes no longer contagious/spreadable) use for two weeks and bye bye ringworms! Econazole Nitrate 1% cream 30GM is a prescription treatment, though still not expensive enough to make you cringe when paying for it.

Comment from: bt, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

After trying everything out there, I went to a Chinese acupuncturist. He made up a special batch of herbs that I boiled and made into a tea. I had rash around my neck and generally felt awful from the internal infection. It worked. Great thing is he can work on several things at once.

Comment from: rachel, Female Published: October 16

I put a little honey on my ringworm, enough to cover the area, and put a band-aid over the spot. The first night I tried this it worked great. I woke up the next morning and the ringworm was half its size from the night before and it is steadily going away.

Comment from: JH, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

Tea tree oil is the answer! You can buy it at a health food store and it's natural.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter