Patient Comments: Ringworm - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your ringworm?

Comment from: Joy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I have showered using Head and Shoulders clinical strength formula, applied the cream that can treat vaginal yeast infection, but honestly the thing that seems to help the most with ringworm is sitting in bright sunshine for a good 1/2 hour daily. Good luck!

Comment from: kelseykelsey2, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I have very sensitive allergic skin and the Made from Earth pure aloe treatment is in my opinion excellent for ringworm. It is not greasy and soothes the skin initially taking away the itch, a little goes a long way and worth paying a bit extra for a cream that works. This is also steroid free so you can use on the face and on a daily basis.

Comment from: RW Sufferer, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I took in a stray kitten that had a few noticeable bald spots from ringworm. I also didn't realize it was so contagious! Needless to say within a few days my dog got it and then I got it under my chin, breast and hip! Worse yet, 2 other families whose dog played with mine, also got ringworm so they've been battling it also. It's been 2 months of this and I simply cannot believe in this day of medicine there isn't a reliable cure! I've spent hundreds of dollars between veterinary bills, shampoos, antifungal creams, iodine, witch hazel, carpet shampooers, Borax, Lysol, bleach, vinegar you name it! I've tried it and just when I thought I had it licked, we are all infected again just in time for Christmas! I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Laura, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 02

One part water one part bleach applied with a Q-tip, boom the ringworm's gone!

Comment from: disch52, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I have to say the Blue Star ointment is working better for ringworm than anything I've tried.

Comment from: Rowan Woods, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 28

You can indeed cure ringworm with plants found around you. Also some of your food contain anti-fungal properties. Simple extracts can indeed help; combine them with coconut oil and beeswax for a nice cream. If you are allergic to bees, beeswax is still safe. In fact you should be eating pollen that the bees collect and a small amount of propolis. Propolis will also help with tinea. Oregano oil is anti-fungal and will cure it. Topical use only, no need for internal. Put it on and around the infected area for a few days and it will be gone.

Comment from: midwest mom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I had a patch of ringworm on my forehead, and got that to clear up. I now have some bumps in the genital area that are swollen and painful, and from what I can see look like ringworm.

Comment from: sarafrye, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 09

I once took griseofulvin 250 mg for my ringworm. I am happy about the results. You can see noticeable difference within 3 days.

Comment from: ringworm fyto, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

Use isopropyl alcohol to avoid further enlargement of ringworm rashes, based on my experience. Then after 6 hours put anti-fungal ointment.

Ringworm - Is it Contagious? Question: How do you think you caught ringworm?
Ringworm - Diagnosis Question: How was your ringworm diagnosed?