Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints, as well as other organs in the body. Because it can affect multiple other organs of the body, rheumatoid arthritis is referred to as a systemic illness and is sometimes called rheumatoid disease. Read more: Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi transmitted to humans through infected deer ticks. Lyme disease...
Chronic Pain Syndrome: Treatment and Management for CPS
What is chronic pain syndrome (CPS)? See causes, symptoms and treatment options including medications. Learn about pain...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Rheumatoid Arthritis Quiz: What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
How is rheumatoid arthritis different from other forms of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and gout? Take the Rheumatoid...
Famous Faces With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Learn more about the famous faces of rheumatoid arthritis such as Lucille Ball, Glenn Frey, and more....
Related Disease Conditions
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
15 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Pleurisy, an inflammation of the lining around the lungs, is associated with sharp chest pain upon breathing in. Cough, chest...
Gout (Gouty Arthritis)
Buildup of uric acid crystals in a joint causes gouty arthritis. Symptoms and signs include joint pain, swelling, heat, and...
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Sjögren's syndrome is an autoimmune disease involving the abnormal production of extra antibodies that attack the glands and...
The common bunion, an enlargement of the inner portion of the joint at the base of the big toe, primarily affects women. The...
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Raynaud's phenomenon is characterized by a pale-blue-red sequence of color changes of the digits, most commonly after exposure to...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Bone fracture is the typical...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain)
Neck pain (cervical pain) may be caused by any number of disorders and diseases. Tenderness is another symptom of neck pain....
Peripheral neuropathy is a problem with the functioning of the nerves outside of the spinal cord. Symptoms may include numbness,...
Vasculitis is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood vessels. Each form of...
Steroid Drug Withdrawal
Corticosteroid drugs such as prednisone and prednisolone are commonly used to treat asthma, allergic reactions, RA, and IBD....
A Baker's cyst, also called a popliteal cyst, is swelling caused by knee joint fluid protruding to the back of the knee...
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...
A corneal ulcer is an open sore on the cornea. Infection is a common cause of corneal ulcer. Symptoms and signs of corneal ulcer...
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome
Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage where the ribs attach to the sternum. Tietze syndrome affects the same region of...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...
Pulmonary fibrosis is scarring throughout the lungs. Pulmonary fibrosis can be caused by many conditions including chronic...
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (SI Joint Pain)
Sacroiliac joint (SI) dysfunction is a general term to reflect pain in the SI joints. Causes of SI joint pain include...
Ankle pain is commonly due to a sprain or tendinitis. The severity of ankle sprains ranges from mild (which can resolve within...
A bursa is a fluid-filled sac found in the joints that cusions them. Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, most commonly...
Amyloidosis is a group of diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloids) in various bodily areas. The...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Trigger Finger (Stenosing Tenosynovitis)
Trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis) is a condition in which a finger tries to snap closed while gripping. This painful...
Interstitial Pneumonitis (Interstitial Lung Disease)
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseased that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Viruses,...
Scleritis is inflammation of the white part of the eye. It may be caused by a serious underlying condition, such as an autoimmune...
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which irritation of the wrist's median nerve causes tingling and numbness of the thumb,...
Graves' disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Some of the symptoms of Graves' disease include hand tremors,...
Brain Lesions (Lesions on the Brain)
A brain lesion is defined as an area of damaged brain. Brain lesions (lesions on the brain) are caused by: trauma,...
Still's disease (systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) is a disorder characterized by inflammation with high fever...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
Polymyositis is a disease of the muscle featuring inflammation of the muscle fibers. It results in weakness of the muscles which...
FODMAPs (Low FODMAP Diet for IBS)
FODMAPs are foods that contain sugar alcohols and short chain carbohydrates. The gut can't digest them very well. There are "low"...
Cushing's syndrome, sometimes referred to as hypercortisolism, is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels...
Connective Tissue Disease
Connective tissue disease is when the body's connective tissues come under attack, possibly becoming injured by inflammation....
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Pain Management and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Second Source article from WebMD...
A ganglion is a fluid-filled cyst that forms from the joint or tendon lining. Ganglia are most frequently found in the ankles and...
Second Source article from Government...
Dry eyes are caused by an imbalance in the tear-flow system of the eye, but also can be caused by the drying out of the tear...
Uveitis is inflammation of the eye. Symptoms include blurred vision, eye pain, eye redness, photophobia, and floaters. Treatment...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Relapsing polychondritis is an uncommon, chronic disorder of the cartilage that is characterized by recurrent episodes of...
Felty's syndrome is a complication of long-term rheumatoid arthritis. Felty's syndrome is defined by the presence of three...
Enthesitis and Enthesopathy
The area where ligament or tendon inserts to bone is called the enthesis. Inflammation of the enthesis is called enthesitis. An...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
Rheumatoid Arthritis vs. Fibromyalgia
Though rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and fibromyalgia have similar symptoms, RA is an autoimmune disease and fibromyalgia is a...
Is Pleurisy Contagious?
Pleurisy or pleuritis is an inflammation of the lining around the lungs. Some of the causes of pleurisy include TB, the flu,...
When sleepiness interferes with daily routines and activities, or reduces the ability to function, it is called "problem...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Quackery of Arthritis
Arthritis patients are sometimes vulnerable to quackery (the business of promoting unproven remedies). These "quick fix"...
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatic diseases and conditions. Rheumatologists are internal medicine physicians who treat these...
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Early Symptoms and Signs
What were your symptoms and signs at the onset of your rheumatoid arthritis?Post View 100 Comments
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatments
What treatments have been effective for your rheumatoid arthritis?Post View 40 Comments
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Experience
Please describe your experience with rheumatoid arthritis.Post View 64 Comments
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Prognosis
What's the prognosis for your rheumatoid arthritis?Post View 10 Comments
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diet
Discuss the diet or other lifestyle changes you've made to relieve symptoms and signs of RA.Post View 2 Comments
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diagnosis
What led to your rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis?Post View 8 Comments
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Experience With RA and OA
Please describe your experience with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.Post View 1 Comment
Local ResourcesFind a local Rheumatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Cortisone Injection
- Steroids to Treat Arthritis
- Total Knee Replacement
- Ferritin Blood Test
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD Skin Test)
- Rheumatoid Factor (RF)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Antinuclear Antibody Test
- Thyroid Peroxidase Test
- Total Hip Replacement
- Sedimentation Rate
- Joint Aspiration (Arthrocentesis)
- IV Drug Infusion FAQs
- Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hand
- Apheresis (Hemapheresis, Pheresis)
- Citrulline Antibody
- Biological Therapy
- Physical and Occupational Therapy for Arthritis
- Leg Pain
- Vertical Ridges on the Fingernails
- Red Spots on the Skin
- Toe Pain
- Tingling in Hands and Feet
- Finger Pain
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Hand Pain
- Wrist Pain
- Joint Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Arm Pain
- Hip Pain
- Swollen Ankles and/or Swollen Feet
- Bumps on Skin
- Stiff Neck
- Elbow Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Knee Pain
- Groin Pain
- Neck Pain (Cervicalgia)
- Swollen Joints
- Unsteady Gait
- Proteinuria (Protein in the Urine)
- Joint Redness
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Chronic Pain
- Swollen Knee
- Joint Warmth
- Joint Deformity
- Dry Eyes
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis FAQs
- Does Lipitor Help Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis vs. Osteoarthritis
- Will Rheumatoid Arthritis Nodules Go Away?
- What's the Rheumatoid Arthritis Prognosis?
- What Are Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Living With a Chronic Disease
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 17 Warning Signs of Serious Complications
- Ultrasound Imaging of Joints in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pregnancy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Which Patients Do Best?
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Joint Symptoms and Signs: What Do They Mean?
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Questions for Your Doctor
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Side Effects
- Arthritis Roller Coaster
- Coping With Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- Arthritis or Injury: Ice or Heat - Which To Apply
- Arthritis - Whether Weather Affects Arthritis
- 5 Surprising Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ask the Experts Index
- Corticosteroid Side Effects
- Ask the Experts - Rheumatology
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Update: 2005 Arthritis Conference
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Checking Your Pulse Audio Segment
- The Cox-2 Inhibitors Controversy: Q&A with Dr. Shiel
- Cox-2 Inhibitors Dilemma: What Patients Should Do
- Cox-2 Inhibitors, What's Next? - Expert Panel Votes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives: 2004 National Meeting
- National Arthritis Meeting 2004
- National Arthritis Meeting 2003
- Psoriasis, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis Share One Gene
- Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Diabetes Gene (PTPN22)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives:2003 National Meeting
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Kineret For Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives:2002 National Meeting
- Treatment Update on Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Arava Approved For Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Celebrex - New Arthritis Drug
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: What is it?
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Effectiveness
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Indications
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Success
- Smoking: A New Risk - Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chondroitin Sulfate &Glucosamine: Proper Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Other Use
- Chondroitin & Glucosamine & NSAID's
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Supervision
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) Drug Class
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- Carafate (sucralfate)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- meloxicam, Mobic
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- methotrexate - oral
- diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Voltaren
- methotrexate - injection
- infliximab - injection, Remicade
- hydroxychloroquine - oral, Plaquenil
- leflunomide - oral, Arava
- adalimumab - injection, Humira
- celecoxib, Celebrex
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- diclofenac, Voltaren, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Cambia
- Sulfonamides (Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Septra, Septra DS)
- rituximab, Rituxan
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- infliximab, Remicade
- hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Biologics (Biologic Drug Class)
- methylprednisolone, Medrol, Depo-Medrol, Solu-Medrol
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) Dietary Supplement
- nabumetone, Relafen (Discontinued)
- diclofenac and misoprostol, Arthrotec
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- flurbiprofen (Ansaid is a discontinued brand)
- misoprostol, Cytotec
- etanercept, Enbrel
- methotrexate, Rheumatrex, Trexall
- cyclosporine - oral, Sandimmune
- hydrocortisone injection (Solu-Cortef, A-Hydrocort)
- Remicade vs. Humira
- cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan)
- sulfasalazine, Azulfidine
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- hydrocortisone sodium succinate - injection, A-Hydrocort, Solu-Cortef
- oxaprozin, Daypro
- leflunomide, Arava
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- adalimumab, Humira
- Tofacitinib citrate (Xeljanz)
- sulindac, Clinoril
- penicillamine, Cuprimine, Depen
- ketoprofen (Discontinued brands: Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron)
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- omega-3 fatty acids - oral, Max Epa, Omega-3, Salmon Oil,
- Predinsone Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria)
- tocilizumab, Actemra
- gold sodium thiomalate; aurothiomalate, Myochrysine
- abatacept, Orencia
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- salsalate, Amigesic, Salflex, Argesic-SA, Marthritic, Salsitab, Artha-G
- certolizumab, Cimzia
- wild yam (Dioscorea villosa)-oral
- auranofin, Ridaura
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
- cyclosporine microemulsion capsule - oral, Gengraf, Neoral
- meclofenamate; Meclomen
- infliximab-dyyb (Inflectra)
- cyclosporine solution - oral, Sandimmune
- cyclosporine microemulsion solution - oral, Gengraf, Neoral
- valdecoxib, Bextra
- Simponi Aria
- Voltaren XR
- Kenalog 10 Injection
- Solu Cortef
- Solu Medrol
- Daypro Alta
- Etodolac XR
Prevention & Wellness
- The Benefits of Simply Moving More
- Common Painkillers May Boost Blood Pressure in Arthritis Patients
- Certain Jobs Linked to Raised Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drug Beats Steroids for Controlling Blood Vessel Inflammation in Study
- Fish Eaters Report Less Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Actemra Approved for Certain Blood Vessel Inflammation
- Early Treatment Equals Better Results for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Obesity May Make Rheumatoid Arthritis Tough to Spot, Track
- 1 in 4 U.S. Adults Disabled by Arthritis: CDC
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug May Not Ease Chronic Fatigue Syndrome After All
- FDA Throws Cold Water on Whole Body Cryotherapy
- Immune Disorders Such as MS, Psoriasis May Be Tied to Dementia Risk
- Could a Germ Link Gum Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Health Tip: When Your Neck Aches
- Moms' Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to Epilepsy Risk in Kids
- Having Rheumatoid Arthritis May Increase Heart Risk
- Celebrex May Not Pose Bigger Heart Risk Than Similar Drugs: Study
- Nearly 3 Percent of U.S. Adults Have Weakened Immunity: Study
- Health Tip: Ease Stress If You Have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Researchers Pinpoint More Genes Linked to Vitiligo
- Amjevita OK'd to Treat Inflammatory Diseases
- Arthritis Drug May Help With Type of Hair Loss
- Anti-Inflammatory Agent in Cord Blood Shows Promise in Mice
- New Version of RA Drug Enbrel: FAQ
- FDA Approves New Biological Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Generic Biologic Drugs Seem as Effective as Originals
- Nerve Zap Eased Rheumatoid Arthritis in Small Study
- Beware Whole Body Cryotherapy Claims, FDA Warns
- Health Tip: Coping With Knee Arthritis
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Inflectra Approved as 'Biosimilar' to Remicade
- Study: Smoking Hikes Chances of Early Death for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Experimental Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis Shows Promise
- Heart Disease Deaths Drop for Those With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Studies Explore Link Between Diet, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heart Disease Deaths Declining Among Those With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Shorten Life Span: Study
- Could Oral Contraceptives Help Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Knee Replacement May Ease Pain for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Umbilical Cord Blood May One Day Treat Eczema, RA
- Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis May Also Help Ease Vitiligo
- Immune System Genes May Change With the Seasons: Study
- Gene Discoveries Could Help Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Some Arthritis Meds Cost Seniors Thousands Annually
- 'Ground Zero' Workers at Risk of Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Tropical Virus Symptoms Can Mimic Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Mercury in Seafood May Raise Risk of Autoimmune Diseases in Women: Study
- Smokers May Get Less Benefit From Drugs for Arthritic Back Pain
- Certain Infections Linked to Reduced Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weight Could Influence Rheumatoid Arthritis Relief
- Antibiotics and Kids' Risk for Juvenile Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis in Moms-to-Be Linked to Premature Births
- Lower Doses of Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Work for Some
- Certain Autoimmune Drugs in Pregnancy May Up Newborn Infection Risk: Study
- Salty Foods May Double Smokers' Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients May Skip Meds: Study
- What Is Your Gut Telling You?
- Inflammatory Muscle Disorder May Raise Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke
- Don't Blame Bad Weather for Your Aching Back
- Hairless Man Now Hairy, Thanks to Arthritis Drug
- Prescription Drug Use Continues to Climb in U.S.
- Health Tip: Managing Arthritis-Related Fatigue
- Could a Few Beers a Week Cut a Woman's Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Harm Kidneys
- CT Scans Might Help Diagnose Gout in Some Cases
- Knee Surgery May Put Kids at Higher Risk for Future Arthritis
- Groundbreaking Partnership Formed to Develop New Treatments
- Shoulder Replacement May Help for Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Mouse Study May Explain Link Between Clogged Arteries, Immune Dysfunction
- Breast-Feeding Might Reduce Moms' Odds of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients See Big Boost in Quality of Life
- Arthritis Drug Could Benefit Some Kidney Disease Patients
- 10 Percent of U.S. Adults Physically Limited by Arthritis: CDC
- Can You Have Both Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gout?
- Sugary Drinks and Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked?
- RA Strategy: Treat Early, but With What Medicines?
- A Blood Test for Fibromyalgia?
- Certain Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Also Protect Patients' Hearts, Studies Find
- Social Isolation Linked to More Pain After Hip Replacement
- Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis Early May Cut Damaging Effects
- Ladies, Take 5 Steps to Avoid Osteoporosis
- Child's Chronic Illness Can Affect the Whole Family
- Copper Bracelets 'Don't Help Rheumatoid Arthritis'
- Eating Fish May Be Tied to Lower Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Potential for Blood Clots, Study Suggests
- Health Highlights: Aug. 6, 2013
- Expensive or Not, Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Have Similar Effect: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Have Same Impact on Time Lost at Work: Study
- Knee Replacement Often Beneficial for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment May Not Work As Well for Heavier Patients
- Many Stop Taking Rheumatoid Arthritis Meds Too Soon: Study
- Standard Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapy as Good as Costlier Newcomer: Study
- Will New Gout Findings Get a Toehold?
- Health Tip: At Risk for Trigger Finger?
- High Doses of Common Painkillers May Raise Risk for Heart Trouble
- Pain a Common Problem for People With COPD
- Women Who Smoke May Have Higher Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Low Testosterone Linked to Later Arthritis in Study
- Certain Lifestyle Factors Linked to Arthritis in Study Patients
- Salty Diet Might Help Trigger MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Rheumatology Procedures You Might Not Need
- Newer Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Don't Seem to Increase Risk of Shingles
- Sunshine Linked to Lower Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk: Study
- Steroid Injections for Back Pain May Lower Bone Mass
- Certain Arthritis Patients Fare Worse After Joint Replacement: Study
- DNA May Explain Why Women Have More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Nanoparticles Show Potential for Treating MS
- Drug Slows Knee Osteoarthritis Progression
- Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis Plus Depression May Be Deadly
- Extra Pounds Linked to Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk in Women
- New Arthritis Drug Xeljanz Gets FDA Approval
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to More Blood Clots
- Humira Approved for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
- Health Tip: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Newer Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Don't Raise Cancer Risk: Study
- Elevated Antibody Levels May Predict Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Teen Girls Need Bone Health Advice to Stave Off Osteoporosis
- New Immune-Deficiency Illness Emerging in East Asia
- New Way to Ease Ulcerative Colitis?
- Gum Disease More Common in People With RA
- Pill Instead of a Needle May Soon Be Option for RA
- Study Compares Safety of 'Biologic' Meds for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- No Dip in Cancer Screening for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Shingles Vaccine Safe for Those With Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Menopausal Age May Affect Rheumatoid Arthritis Severity
- Newer Drugs Help RA Patients Live Longer
- Study: Actemra Tops Rival in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ultrasound May Detect Heart Disease Earlier in Arthritis Patients
- For Juvenile Arthritis, Pill May Work as Well as Needle
- Efficient Disease Risk Prediction a Long Way Off, Experts Say
- Yoga May Improve Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Strides Made in Diagnosing, Treating Lupus
- Eye Color Linked to Skin Diseases
- Rising Obesity Rates Might Mean More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Steroids May Help Some With Sciatica
- Gastro Woes Often Strike Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis Early and Aggressively: Guidelines
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Who Quit Statins May Face Raised Death Risk
- Inflammation Might Play Role in Heart Disease: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Prescription Meds Can Put on Unwanted Pounds
- Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis Affect Birth Rates
- Chinese Herb Targets Immune System
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Hip Bursitis?
- Screening Moms-to-Be for Thyroid Trouble May Not Help Offspring
- Study Finds No Link Between HPV Vaccine and Autoimmune Disorders
- Too Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Inactive, Study Finds
- Health Highlights: Jan. 22, 2012
- Genes May Give Clues to Severe Form of Lupus
- Herbal Medicines for Arthritis Not Backed by Evidence
- Mindfulness Training May Help Arthritis Patients Cope
- Merck to Pay $950M to Settle Probe of Vioxx Marketing
- Pill for RA Works as Well as Shot
- Women Under 50 With RA at Higher Fracture Risk
- Studies Suggest Link Between Smog, Joint Disease
- Cancer Drug May Also Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- The X Factor: Why Women May Be Healthier Than Men
- Health Tip: Got a Pain in the Neck?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Have Small Skin Cancer Risk
- NSAIDs May Raise Miscarriage Risk: Study
- FDA Questions Studies of Breast Implant Safety
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Curry Spice Offers Hope for Tendinitis Pain
- Breast Cancer Plus Other Health Issues Linked to Worse Outcomes
- New Guidelines Suggest Higher Doses of Vitamin D
- New Oral RA Drug Works in Unique Way
- Tai Chi Prevents Falls, Boosts Mental Health in Seniors: Study
- Poor Sleep May Worsen RA Symptoms
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Depression Lurks for Low-Income RA Patients
- Celiac, Crohn's Disease Share Common Genetic Links
- 1 in 12 Women Will Have Autoimmune Disease
- Smoking May Interfere With RA Treatment
- Smoking Raises Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Arthritis Drugs Linked to Lower Odds of Alzheimer's
- Pill Cuts Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- RA Drug Methotrexate Is Recalled
- Arthritis on the Increase; Obesity Partly to Blame
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Cut RA Risk
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Pro Golfer Phil Mickelson Treated for Psoriatic Arthritis
- New Way to Classify Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Could Drinking Help Thwart Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- HPV Viruses Linked to Skin Cancer
- Vaccines Don't Appear to Increase Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Scientists Find Possible Genetic Roots of Type of Hair Loss
- New Immune System Clue to Low Back Pain
- Exercise OK for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: Review
- Alcohol Associated With Lower Risk of Arthritis
- Stomach Bacteria Might Trigger Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health Tip: Recognize Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diabetes Nerve Pain May Worsen at Night
- Health Tip: Coping With Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoporosis Patients Underestimate Fracture Risk
- Long Before Symptoms, Blood May Reveal Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Blood Test May Predict Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Lowers Flu Shot Effectiveness
- Actemra Approved for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- How Rheumatoid Arthritis Spreads
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Might Fight Swine Flu
- Biologics Don't Raise Cancer Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Guidelines Updated
- Antsy Rheumatoid Arthritis Antidote?
- Common Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Won't Raise Blood Cancer Risk
- Modified-Release Prednisone May Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drug Combos Effective Against Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drugs Can Ease Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Boosts Heart Disease Threat
- Genes Boost Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus
- Study Rates New Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs
- Green Tea May Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Alcohol May Slow Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Anemone, Shrub Compounds Battle Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cold Seasons Boost Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- 7 Potential Complications of Untreated Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Specific References
- Chronic Pain: Specific References for Chronic Pain
- Arthritis: Alternative Ways to Easing Arthritis Pain
- Exercise & Fitness: Weekly Schedule
- Exercise: Endurance and Flexibility Daily Record
- Bextra Gets New Warning On Label
- Bextra Label With New Warnings
- Arthritis Diet Claims: Fact or Fiction
- Patient Care Ergonomics
- Rheumatologist...The Arthritis Buster
- Women and Body Image
- Breastfeeding Shields Mom from Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Painkiller Vioxx Pulled From Market Alert
- Kathleen Turner Raises Awareness About RA
- Arthritis and Exercise, How Do I Start?
- Humira, Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Insight Into - Rheumatoid Arthritis
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Arthritis Newsletter