Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints, as well as other organs in the body. Because it can affect multiple other organs of the body, rheumatoid arthritis is referred to as a systemic illness and is sometimes called rheumatoid disease. The 16 characteristic early RA signs and symptoms include the following.
- Both sides of the body affected (symmetric)
- Joint deformity
- Joint pain
- Joint redness
- Joint stiffness
- Joint swelling
- Joint tenderness
- Joint warmth
- Loss of joint function
- Loss of joint range of motion
- Many joints affected (polyarthritis)
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Rheumatoid Arthritis Quiz: What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
How is rheumatoid arthritis different from other forms of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and gout? Take the Rheumatoid...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Arthritis: Causes and Treatment for Joint Stiffness and Pain
Arthritis and injuries can leave your joints swollen, tender, and damaged. Discover treatments for morning stiffness, sore...
Famous Faces With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Learn more about the famous faces of rheumatoid arthritis such as Lucille Ball, Glenn Frey, and more....
Related Disease Conditions
16 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Glands)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (SI Joint Pain)
Sacroiliac joint (SI) dysfunction is a general term to reflect pain in the SI joints. Causes of SI joint pain include...
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Bone fracture is the typical...
Gout (Gouty Arthritis)
Buildup of uric acid crystals in a joint causes gouty arthritis. Symptoms and signs include joint pain, swelling, heat, and...
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain)
Neck pain (cervical pain) may be caused by any number of disorders and diseases. Tenderness is another symptom of neck pain....
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...
Arthritis (Joint Inflammation)
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Pleurisy, an inflammation of the lining around the lungs, is associated with sharp chest pain upon breathing in. Cough, chest...
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...
Ankle pain is commonly due to a sprain or tendinitis. The severity of ankle sprains ranges from mild (which can resolve within...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....
A bursa is a fluid-filled sac found in the joints that cushions them. Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, most commonly...
Sjögren's syndrome is an autoimmune disease involving the abnormal production of extra antibodies that attack the glands and...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...
Pain Management and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Second Source article from WebMD...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Second Source article from Government...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Scleritis is inflammation of the white part of the eye. It may be caused by a serious underlying condition, such as an autoimmune...
Vasculitis (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Types)
Vasculitis (arteritis, angiitis) is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Rheumatoid Arthritis vs. Fibromyalgia
Though rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and fibromyalgia have similar symptoms, RA is an autoimmune disease and fibromyalgia is a...
Enthesitis and Enthesopathy
The area where ligament or tendon inserts to bone is called the enthesis. Inflammation of the enthesis is called enthesitis. An...
Uveitis is inflammation of the eye. Symptoms include blurred vision, eye pain, eye redness, photophobia, and floaters. Treatment...
Dry eyes are caused by an imbalance in the tear-flow system of the eye, but also can be caused by the drying out of the tear...
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatic diseases and conditions. Rheumatologists are internal medicine physicians who treat these...
Is Pleurisy Contagious?
Pleurisy or pleuritis is an inflammation of the lining around the lungs. Some of the causes of pleurisy include TB, the flu,...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
When sleepiness interferes with daily routines and activities, or reduces the ability to function, it is called "problem...
Quackery of Arthritis
Arthritis patients are sometimes vulnerable to quackery (the business of promoting unproven remedies). These "quick fix"...
Sweet Syndrome (Acute Febrile Neutrophilic Dermatosis)
Sweet syndrome (acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis) is a skin condition that sometimes occurs due to an immune system response...
Local ResourcesFind a local Rheumatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD Skin Test)
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Cortisone Injection
- Ferritin Blood Test
- Steroids to Treat Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Factor (RF)
- Total Knee Replacement
- Antinuclear Antibody Test
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Thyroid Peroxidase Test
- Joint Aspiration (Arthrocentesis)
- Sedimentation Rate
- Total Hip Replacement
- Apheresis (Hemapheresis, Pheresis)
- IV Drug Infusion FAQs
- Biological Therapy
- Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hand
- Citrulline Antibody
- Physical and Occupational Therapy for Arthritis
- Red Spots on the Skin
- Leg Pain
- Tingling in Hands and Feet
- Finger Pain
- Hand Pain
- Toe Pain
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Groin Pain
- Arm Pain
- Vertical Ridges on the Fingernails
- Bumps on Skin
- Swollen Ankles and/or Swollen Feet
- Joint Pain
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Loss of Appetite
- Ankle Pain
- Wrist Pain
- Stiff Neck
- Joint Cracking (Joint Popping)
- Elbow Pain
- Hip Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Unsteady Gait
- Knee Pain
- Swollen Joints
- Neck Pain (Cervicalgia)
- Proteinuria (Protein in the Urine)
- Joint Redness
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Joint Warmth
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis)
- Joint Deformity
- Swollen Knee
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Chronic Pain
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
- Dry Eyes
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis FAQs
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 17 Warning Signs of Serious Complications
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Joint Symptoms and Signs: What Do They Mean?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Which Patients Do Best?
- 5 Surprising Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pregnancy
- Cox-2 Inhibitors, What's Next? - Expert Panel Votes
- Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives: 2004 National Meeting
- National Arthritis Meeting 2004
- Cox-2 Inhibitors Dilemma: What Patients Should Do
- The Cox-2 Inhibitors Controversy: Q&A with Dr. Shiel
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Questions for Your Doctor
- Arthritis or Injury: Ice or Heat - Which To Apply
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Kineret (anakinra) for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives:2002 National Meeting
- Treatment Update on Rheumatoid Arthritis
- National Arthritis Meeting 2003
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives:2003 National Meeting
- Psoriasis, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis Share One Gene
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Diabetes Gene (PTPN22)
- Corticosteroid Side Effects
- Arthritis Roller Coaster
- Coping With Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: What is it?
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Effectiveness
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Indications
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Success
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Side Effects
- Chondroitin Sulfate &Glucosamine: Proper Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Other Use
- Chondroitin & Glucosamine & NSAID's
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Supervision
- Arthritis - Whether Weather Affects Arthritis
- Arava Approved For Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Celebrex - New Arthritis Drug
- Smoking: A New Risk - Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ultrasound Imaging of Joints in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Do NSAIDs Interact With Coumadin?
- Can Fifth Disease Cause Arthritis Pain?
- Does Methotrexate Cause Liver Damage?
- Is Inflammatory Arthritis the Same as Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Can You Have a Joint Aspiration on Coumadin (warfarin)?
- Can Milk Allergy Cause Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- What Are the Side Effects of Remicade for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Should You Avoid Drinking Soda with Rheumatoid Arthrits?
- Are Hidradenitis and Rheumatoid Arthritis Related?
- Does Lipitor Help Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis vs. Osteoarthritis
- Will Rheumatoid Arthritis Nodules Go Away?
- What's the Rheumatoid Arthritis Prognosis?
- What Are Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Living With a Chronic Disease
- Ask the Experts - Rheumatology
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Update: 2005 Arthritis Conference
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Checking Your Pulse Audio Segment
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Predinsone Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) Drug Class
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- Ibuprofen vs. Meloxicam (Mobic) for Pain
- Ibuprofen (Advil) vs. Naproxen (Aleve): Comparison of Differences
- methotrexate - oral
- diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Voltaren
- methotrexate - injection
- infliximab - injection, Remicade
- hydroxychloroquine - oral, Plaquenil
- leflunomide - oral, Arava
- adalimumab - injection, Humira
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- Biologics (Biologic Drug Class)
- meloxicam (Mobic) Side Effects
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) Dietary Supplement
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- celecoxib (Celebrex)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- Carafate (sucralfate)
- Aleve (naproxen) vs. Celebrex (celecoxib)
- dexamethasone (Decadron, DexPak)
- methylprednisolone (Medrol)
- infliximab, Remicade
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- Sulfonamides (Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Septra, Septra DS)
- rituximab (Rituxan)
- hydrocortisone injection (Solu-Cortef, A-Hydrocort)
- hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
- diclofenac, Voltaren, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Cambia
- misoprostol, Cytotec
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- prednisolone (Orapred, Pediapred)
- hydrocortisone sodium succinate - injection, A-Hydrocort, Solu-Cortef
- Remicade vs. Humira
- diclofenac and misoprostol (Arthrotec)
- etanercept (Enbrel)
- wild yam (Dioscorea villosa)-oral
- sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- flurbiprofen (Ansaid)
- cyclosporine - oral, Sandimmune
- omega-3 fatty acids - oral, Max Epa, Omega-3, Salmon Oil,
- adalimumab (Humira)
- cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan)
- methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- penicillamine, Cuprimine, Depen
- leflunomide (Arava)
- sulindac (Clinoril)
- Tofacitinib citrate (Xeljanz)
- abatacept, Orencia
- oxaprozin (Daypro)
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- certolizumab, Cimzia
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria)
- salsalate, Amigesic, Salflex, Argesic-SA, Marthritic, Salsitab, Artha-G
- tocilizumab, Actemra
- diflunisal (Dolobid)
- gold sodium thiomalate; aurothiomalate, Myochrysine
- infliximab-dyyb (Inflectra)
- Adalimumab (Humira)
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- cyclosporine microemulsion capsule - oral, Gengraf, Neoral
- meclofenamate; Meclomen
- cyclosporine solution - oral, Sandimmune
- auranofin, Ridaura
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
- valdecoxib, Bextra
- cyclosporine microemulsion solution - oral, Gengraf, Neoral
- Ketorolac vs. ketoprofen
- Otrexup PFS
- Daypro Alta
- Solu Medrol
- Kenalog 10 Injection
- Simponi Aria
- Voltaren XR
- Solu Cortef
- Etodolac XR
Prevention & Wellness
- Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis Can Show Up Long Before Diagnosis
- Cimzia Approved for Inflammatory Arthritis
- Health Tip: Foods that Reduce Inflammation
- Is Your Hand Pain Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel or Something Else?
- Health Tip: What to Eat if You Have Arthritis
- One Woman's Case Gives New Hope Against Disfiguring Sarcoidosis
- Brisk Walks May Help, Not Harm, Arthritic Knees
- For Pain Relief, Why Not Try Drug-Free Alternatives
- Exercising With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Can Arthritic Dogs (and Their Owners) Benefit From Stem Cell Injections?
- Opioids Before Joint Replacement Tied to Worse Recovery
- Health Tip: Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health Tip: What To Expect From Joint Replacement Surgery
- Too Much or Too Little Weight May Worsen Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drug That Eases Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Won't Help 'Regular' Arthritis
- Menopause May Worsen Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Rain May Not Cause Achy Joints After All
- If Mom Has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Baby May Develop It, Too
- These Foods May Help Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked to Risk of COPD
- The Benefits of Simply Moving More
- Common Painkillers May Boost Blood Pressure in Arthritis Patients
- Certain Jobs Linked to Raised Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drug Beats Steroids for Controlling Blood Vessel Inflammation in Study
- Fish Eaters Report Less Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Actemra Approved for Certain Blood Vessel Inflammation
- Early Treatment Equals Better Results for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Obesity May Make Rheumatoid Arthritis Tough to Spot, Track
- 1 in 4 U.S. Adults Disabled by Arthritis: CDC
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug May Not Ease Chronic Fatigue Syndrome After All
- FDA Throws Cold Water on Whole Body Cryotherapy
- Immune Disorders Such as MS, Psoriasis May Be Tied to Dementia Risk
- Could a Germ Link Gum Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Health Tip: When Your Neck Aches
- Moms' Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to Epilepsy Risk in Kids
- Having Rheumatoid Arthritis May Increase Heart Risk
- Celebrex May Not Pose Bigger Heart Risk Than Similar Drugs: Study
- Nearly 3 Percent of U.S. Adults Have Weakened Immunity: Study
- Health Tip: Ease Stress If You Have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Researchers Pinpoint More Genes Linked to Vitiligo
- Amjevita OK'd to Treat Inflammatory Diseases
- Arthritis Drug May Help With Type of Hair Loss
- Anti-Inflammatory Agent in Cord Blood Shows Promise in Mice
- New Version of RA Drug Enbrel: FAQ
- FDA Approves New Biological Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Generic Biologic Drugs Seem as Effective as Originals
- Nerve Zap Eased Rheumatoid Arthritis in Small Study
- Beware Whole Body Cryotherapy Claims, FDA Warns
- Health Tip: Coping With Knee Arthritis
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Inflectra Approved as 'Biosimilar' to Remicade
- Study: Smoking Hikes Chances of Early Death for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Experimental Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis Shows Promise
- Heart Disease Deaths Drop for Those With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Studies Explore Link Between Diet, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heart Disease Deaths Declining Among Those With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Shorten Life Span: Study
- Could Oral Contraceptives Help Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Knee Replacement May Ease Pain for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Umbilical Cord Blood May One Day Treat Eczema, RA
- Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis May Also Help Ease Vitiligo
- Immune System Genes May Change With the Seasons: Study
- Gene Discoveries Could Help Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Some Arthritis Meds Cost Seniors Thousands Annually
- 'Ground Zero' Workers at Risk of Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Tropical Virus Symptoms Can Mimic Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Mercury in Seafood May Raise Risk of Autoimmune Diseases in Women: Study
- Smokers May Get Less Benefit From Drugs for Arthritic Back Pain
- Certain Infections Linked to Reduced Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weight Could Influence Rheumatoid Arthritis Relief
- Antibiotics and Kids' Risk for Juvenile Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis in Moms-to-Be Linked to Premature Births
- Lower Doses of Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Work for Some
- Certain Autoimmune Drugs in Pregnancy May Up Newborn Infection Risk: Study
- Salty Foods May Double Smokers' Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients May Skip Meds: Study
- What Is Your Gut Telling You?
- Inflammatory Muscle Disorder May Raise Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke
- Don't Blame Bad Weather for Your Aching Back
- Hairless Man Now Hairy, Thanks to Arthritis Drug
- Prescription Drug Use Continues to Climb in U.S.
- Health Tip: Managing Arthritis-Related Fatigue
- Could a Few Beers a Week Cut a Woman's Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Harm Kidneys
- CT Scans Might Help Diagnose Gout in Some Cases
- Knee Surgery May Put Kids at Higher Risk for Future Arthritis
- Groundbreaking Partnership Formed to Develop New Treatments
- Shoulder Replacement May Help for Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Mouse Study May Explain Link Between Clogged Arteries, Immune Dysfunction
- Breast-Feeding Might Reduce Moms' Odds of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients See Big Boost in Quality of Life
- Arthritis Drug Could Benefit Some Kidney Disease Patients
- 10 Percent of U.S. Adults Physically Limited by Arthritis: CDC
- Can You Have Both Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gout?
- Sugary Drinks and Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked?
- RA Strategy: Treat Early, but With What Medicines?
- A Blood Test for Fibromyalgia?
- Certain Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Also Protect Patients' Hearts, Studies Find
- Social Isolation Linked to More Pain After Hip Replacement
- Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis Early May Cut Damaging Effects
- Ladies, Take 5 Steps to Avoid Osteoporosis
- Child's Chronic Illness Can Affect the Whole Family
- Copper Bracelets 'Don't Help Rheumatoid Arthritis'
- Eating Fish May Be Tied to Lower Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Potential for Blood Clots, Study Suggests
- Health Highlights: Aug. 6, 2013
- Expensive or Not, Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Have Similar Effect: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Have Same Impact on Time Lost at Work: Study
- Knee Replacement Often Beneficial for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment May Not Work As Well for Heavier Patients
- Many Stop Taking Rheumatoid Arthritis Meds Too Soon: Study
- Standard Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapy as Good as Costlier Newcomer: Study
- Will New Gout Findings Get a Toehold?
- Health Tip: At Risk for Trigger Finger?
- High Doses of Common Painkillers May Raise Risk for Heart Trouble
- Pain a Common Problem for People With COPD
- Women Who Smoke May Have Higher Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Low Testosterone Linked to Later Arthritis in Study
- Certain Lifestyle Factors Linked to Arthritis in Study Patients
- Salty Diet Might Help Trigger MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Rheumatology Procedures You Might Not Need
- Newer Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Don't Seem to Increase Risk of Shingles
- Sunshine Linked to Lower Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk: Study
- Steroid Injections for Back Pain May Lower Bone Mass
- Certain Arthritis Patients Fare Worse After Joint Replacement: Study
- DNA May Explain Why Women Have More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Nanoparticles Show Potential for Treating MS
- Drug Slows Knee Osteoarthritis Progression
- Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis Plus Depression May Be Deadly
- Extra Pounds Linked to Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk in Women
- New Arthritis Drug Xeljanz Gets FDA Approval
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to More Blood Clots
- Humira Approved for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
- Health Tip: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Newer Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Don't Raise Cancer Risk: Study
- Elevated Antibody Levels May Predict Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Teen Girls Need Bone Health Advice to Stave Off Osteoporosis
- New Immune-Deficiency Illness Emerging in East Asia
- New Way to Ease Ulcerative Colitis?
- Gum Disease More Common in People With RA
- Pill Instead of a Needle May Soon Be Option for RA
- Study Compares Safety of 'Biologic' Meds for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- No Dip in Cancer Screening for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Shingles Vaccine Safe for Those With Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Menopausal Age May Affect Rheumatoid Arthritis Severity
- Newer Drugs Help RA Patients Live Longer
- Study: Actemra Tops Rival in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ultrasound May Detect Heart Disease Earlier in Arthritis Patients
- For Juvenile Arthritis, Pill May Work as Well as Needle
- Efficient Disease Risk Prediction a Long Way Off, Experts Say
- Yoga May Improve Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Strides Made in Diagnosing, Treating Lupus
- Eye Color Linked to Skin Diseases
- Rising Obesity Rates Might Mean More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Steroids May Help Some With Sciatica
- Gastro Woes Often Strike Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis Early and Aggressively: Guidelines
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Who Quit Statins May Face Raised Death Risk
- Inflammation Might Play Role in Heart Disease: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Prescription Meds Can Put on Unwanted Pounds
- Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis Affect Birth Rates
- Chinese Herb Targets Immune System
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Hip Bursitis?
- Screening Moms-to-Be for Thyroid Trouble May Not Help Offspring
- Study Finds No Link Between HPV Vaccine and Autoimmune Disorders
- Too Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Inactive, Study Finds
- Health Highlights: Jan. 22, 2012
- Genes May Give Clues to Severe Form of Lupus
- Herbal Medicines for Arthritis Not Backed by Evidence
- Mindfulness Training May Help Arthritis Patients Cope
- Merck to Pay $950M to Settle Probe of Vioxx Marketing
- Pill for RA Works as Well as Shot
- Women Under 50 With RA at Higher Fracture Risk
- Studies Suggest Link Between Smog, Joint Disease
- Cancer Drug May Also Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- The X Factor: Why Women May Be Healthier Than Men
- Health Tip: Got a Pain in the Neck?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Have Small Skin Cancer Risk
- NSAIDs May Raise Miscarriage Risk: Study
- FDA Questions Studies of Breast Implant Safety
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Curry Spice Offers Hope for Tendinitis Pain
- Breast Cancer Plus Other Health Issues Linked to Worse Outcomes
- New Guidelines Suggest Higher Doses of Vitamin D
- New Oral RA Drug Works in Unique Way
- Tai Chi Prevents Falls, Boosts Mental Health in Seniors: Study
- Poor Sleep May Worsen RA Symptoms
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Depression Lurks for Low-Income RA Patients
- Celiac, Crohn's Disease Share Common Genetic Links
- 1 in 12 Women Will Have Autoimmune Disease
- Smoking May Interfere With RA Treatment
- Smoking Raises Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Arthritis Drugs Linked to Lower Odds of Alzheimer's
- Pill Cuts Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- RA Drug Methotrexate Is Recalled
- Arthritis on the Increase; Obesity Partly to Blame
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Cut RA Risk
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Pro Golfer Phil Mickelson Treated for Psoriatic Arthritis
- New Way to Classify Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Could Drinking Help Thwart Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- HPV Viruses Linked to Skin Cancer
- Vaccines Don't Appear to Increase Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Scientists Find Possible Genetic Roots of Type of Hair Loss
- New Immune System Clue to Low Back Pain
- Exercise OK for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: Review
- Alcohol Associated With Lower Risk of Arthritis
- Stomach Bacteria Might Trigger Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health Tip: Recognize Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diabetes Nerve Pain May Worsen at Night
- Health Tip: Coping With Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoporosis Patients Underestimate Fracture Risk
- Long Before Symptoms, Blood May Reveal Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Blood Test May Predict Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Lowers Flu Shot Effectiveness
- Actemra Approved for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- How Rheumatoid Arthritis Spreads
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Might Fight Swine Flu
- Biologics Don't Raise Cancer Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Guidelines Updated
- Antsy Rheumatoid Arthritis Antidote?
- Common Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Won't Raise Blood Cancer Risk
- Modified-Release Prednisone May Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drug Combos Effective Against Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drugs Can Ease Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Boosts Heart Disease Threat
- Genes Boost Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus
- Study Rates New Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs
- Green Tea May Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Alcohol May Slow Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Anemone, Shrub Compounds Battle Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cold Seasons Boost Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- 7 Potential Complications of Untreated Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Specific References
- Chronic Pain: Specific References for Chronic Pain
- Arthritis: Alternative Ways to Easing Arthritis Pain
- Exercise & Fitness: Weekly Schedule
- Exercise: Endurance and Flexibility Daily Record
- Bextra Gets New Warning On Label
- Bextra Label With New Warnings
- Arthritis Diet Claims: Fact or Fiction
- Patient Care Ergonomics
- Rheumatologist...The Arthritis Buster
- Women and Body Image
- Breastfeeding Shields Mom from Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Painkiller Vioxx Pulled From Market Alert
- Humira, Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Kathleen Turner Raises Awareness About RA
- Arthritis and Exercise, How Do I Start?
- Insight Into - Rheumatoid Arthritis