Reproductive health encompasses the beginning of menstruation for women, choosing the right birth control method for you and your partner, preventing contracting sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and for women, ending with the menopausal transition. Read more: Reproductive Health Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
Infertility Quiz: Test Your IQ of Infertility
What is the medical definition of infertility? Take the Infertility Quiz to learn the risks and treatment of infertility. Our...
Infertility: Types, Treatments, and Costs
Learn about infertility symptoms and types of treatment such as IVF, acupuncture, and natural methods to get pregnant. Read about...
Related Disease Conditions
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Menstruation (menstrual cycle) is also referred to as a "period." When a woman menstruates, the lining of the uterus is shed....
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases, or STDs, are infections that are transmitted during any type of sexual exposure, including...
Placenta previa is a condition during pregnancy when the placenta lies low in the uterus either partly or completely blocking the...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Premature Menopause (Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
Premature menopause is when menopause occurs in a woman before the age of 40. Causes of premature menopause include premature...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition in pregnant women marked by high blood pressure and a high level of protein in the urine. Eclampsia...
Birth Control Options (Types and Side Effects)
Birth control is available in a variety of methods and types. The method of birth control varies from person to person, and...
Menstrual cramps (pain in the belly and pelvic area) are experienced by women as a result of menses. Menstrual cramps are not the...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Infertility is the diminished ability to conceive a child. Infertility can be a problem with both men and women. Infertility in...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Sex and Menopause (What to Expect)
Menopause is often associated with a change in sexual functioning. Loss of estrogen, bladder control issues, anxiety, stress,...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
Preeclampsia (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension)
Preeclampsia is related to increased blood pressure and protein in the mother's urine. Preeclampsia typically begins after the...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy (STDs)
When you are pregnant, many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be especially harmful to you and your baby. These STDs...
Sexual health information including birth control, impotence, herpes, sexually transmitted diseases, staying healthy, women's...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Doula vs. Midwife (Differences between Care, Costs, & Duties)
A midwife and doula are not the same thing. A doula's job is to provide non-medical, emotional, and personal support to a...
Pregnancy Diet (Menu Plans)
When a woman is pregnant she needs more vitamins, minerals, and other foods in her diet to stay healthy and deliver a healthy...
Pain Relief Options for Childbirth
Women experience and tolerate pain differently. For some pregnant women, focused breathing is all they need to get through labor...
Reproductive Health - Experience
Please describe your menstrual cycle and menopause.Post
Reproductive Health - Pregnancy
Did you see a doctor before you got pregnant? Please share your experience.Post
Reproductive Health - Infertility
Please discuss your experience with infertility work-ups and treatment.Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Federal Prisons Must Now Make Free Tampons, Pads Available
- Sperm Counts Continue to Decline in Western Nations: Review
- Malaria Drug Protected Mouse Fetus From Zika: Study
- Many U.S. Teens Still Denied 'Morning After' Pill at Pharmacies
- Study Sees Link Between Porn and Sexual Dysfunction
- Senate Confirms Rep. Tom Price as Health Secretary
- Scientists Create Part-Human, Part-Pig Embryo
- Premature or Early Menopause More Likely in Women Without Kids: Study
- Abortions in Texas Dropped Dramatically After Restrictions
- Steep Rise in Births to U.S. Women Using Opioids
- Lower-Income Girls in U.S. Feel Unprepared for Puberty
- Privacy Concerns Keep Some Young Americans From Sexual Health Services
- Women Brace for Changes to Health Benefits
- Could Zika Harm Men's Fertility?
- Male Birth Control in a Shot: Promising, But More Work Needed
- Pot While Pregnant May Raise Premature Birth Risk: Study
- Some Teen Girls Coerced Into Pregnancy: Study
- Teen Birth Rate at Record Low in U.S.
- FDA Eases Restrictions on Abortion Medication
- Steep Decline in Unintended Pregnancies in U.S., Study Finds
- Soy May Counter Effects of BPA in Women Undergoing Fertility Treatments
- U.S. Abortion Rate Hits Record Low: CDC
- Stereotypes Can Hurt a Patient's Care
- Pill for Low Libido in Women Goes on Sale on Saturday
- A Man's Meat Intake Might Influence His Fertility: Study
- U.S. Birth Rate Records First Rise in 7 Years
- BPA in Canned Foods Less Common, but Still There
- Long-Distance Runners May Have More 'Desirable' Genes: Study
- IUDs, Contraceptive Implants Work Longer Than Thought, Researchers Report
- Female Hormone Disorder Linked to Numerous Health Conditions
- Thyroid Trouble May Harm Women's Fertility, Study Finds
- Scientists Get Closer to Producing Egg, Sperm From Stem Cells
- Almost Half of U.S. Kids Suffer Traumatic Stress, Study Shows
- Bro Alert: Too Much Booze May Harm Your Sperm
- Pediatricians Endorse IUDs, Implants for Teen Birth Control
- White Women More Likely to Seek Fertility Treatment: Report
- Many Expectant Moms Don't Get Steroids That Protect Preterm Babies
- Many Pregnant Women Not Told to Avoid Environmental Toxins
- Do Stressed-Out Men Have Weaker Sperm?
- Older Infertile Couples Should Try In Vitro Fertilization First: Study
- Too Many Younger Teens Still Getting Pregnant: CDC
- Schizophrenia Linked to Pregnancy Complications, Study Suggests
- U.S. Abortion Rate Drops to Lowest Level Since 1973: Report
- Donor Eggs Increasingly Used for IVF, With Rising Success
- Blood Levels of Banned Flame Retardant Drop for Pregnant Women in California
- Cervical Cancer Overlooked in Less-Developed Nations: Study
- White House to Challenge Ruling on Unlimited Access to 'Morning-After' Pill
- Judge: Make Morning-After Pill Available to All Females
- Too Much TV Tied to Lower Sperm Count in Young Men
- Medical Group: Sell the Pill Without Prescription
- Sperms' Length Linked to Men's Fertility
- Are Common Chemicals Affecting Your Fertility?
- Poor Reading Skills Linked to Teen Pregnancy Risk
- Obese Boys, Impotent Men?
- Too Much Dairy, Carbs Might Harm Men's Sperm
- Hospitals Should Test More Teen Girls for Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- Egg Freezing as Viable as 'Fresh' Eggs, Fertility Experts Say
- Infertility Treatment May Raise Birth Defect Risk
- IUDs Increasingly Popular Form of Birth Control
- Animal Study Ties Common Chemical to Reproductive Problems
- Treating Sperm With Missing Protein Might Help Male Fertility
- Multiple Abortions May Raise Risk of Preemie Birth Later
- Vitamins, Minerals May Help Older Men's Sperm Stay Healthy
- Father's Age Linked to Autism
- Walnuts May Improve Sperm Quality in Healthy Men
- Scientists Map Genomes of One Man's Sperm
- Medical Groups Agree on Use of Hormone-Replacement Therapy
- Heavy Coffee Intake May Affect Fertility Treatments: Study
- Heavy Drinking, Smoking Won't Harm Men's Sperm: Study
- Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Spreading: WHO
- Discovery of Gene May Lead to New Male Contraceptive
- Sperm Collide Along Liquid Maze on Way to Fertilize Egg
- Half of U.S. Counties Have No Ob-Gyn: Study
- More College-Educated Women Having Children
- Infertility Treatments May Raise Birth Defect Risk
- Phthalates May Double Diabetes Risk
- Sex Ed Becoming Less Prevalent in Grades 6-12
- Few Young Women With Cancer Take Steps to Preserve Fertility
- Fatty Foods Might Harm Men's Sperm, Research Suggests
- Coming Soon: At-Home Sperm Test for Couples Trying to Conceive
- Does Abortion in First Trimester Raise Risk of Mental Ills' Return?
- Oldest Known Dinosaur Nesting Site Found
- Abortion Safer for Women Than Childbirth, Study Claims
- Health Highlights: Jan. 19, 2012
- CDC: Many Teen Moms Didn't Think They Could Get Pregnant
- Study: HPV Vaccine Doesn't Encourage Risky Sexual Activity
- FDA Panels to Weigh Safety of Newer Forms of the 'Pill'
- STD Complication May Double Infertility Risk
- Study: Testosterone May Not Treat ED
- Pesticide Exposure Linked to ADHD Risk
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter