Radiation therapy is a cancer-fighting technique. In radiation therapy, a radiation oncologist uses high-energy rays to kill cancer cells and stop them from growing and dividing. The two types of radiation therapy are external and internal. Potential side effects of radiation therapy include:
- skin redness,
- permanent pigmentation,
- diarrhea, and
- a reduction in white blood cells.
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Colon Cancer: Symptoms, Signs, Screening, Stages
Colorectal cancer (colon cancer) is the cause of many cancer deaths. Learn about the warning signs, symptoms, screening process,...
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms, Signs, Stages
Learn about ovarian cancer symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments. Follow the progression of ovarian cancer stages from stage 1 to...
Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
Learn about breast cancer causes, symptoms, tests, recovery, and prevention. Discover the types of treatments such as surgery and...
Prostate Cancer Symptoms, PSA Test, Treatments
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Learn the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer, along with causes and...
Leukemia Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
What do you know about leukemia? Did you know there are different types? What are the symptoms? Take the Leukemia Quiz and test...
Low Testosterone (Low T) Treatments
What causes low testosterone (low T)? Learn about low testosterone symptoms in men. Discover low testosterone treatment and the...
Lung Cancer Symptoms, Stages, Treatment
Learn about lung cancer symptoms and treatments. Get more information on small cell lung cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, and...
Urinary Incontinence in Women: Types, Causes, and Treatments for Bladder Control
Urinary incontinence in women is a common problem. Overactive bladder (OAB), stress incontinence, and urge incontinence can be...
Cervical Cancer Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
Cervical cancer is commonly caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infections. Learn about vaccines to prevent cervical cancer. Get...
Bladder Cancer Symptoms, Stages, Treatments
Bladder cancer occurs when cancerous cells, often from the lining of the bladder, begin to multiply. Find more information about...
Head and Neck Cancers: Symptoms and Treatments
Head and neck cancers include cancers of the throat, lips, nose, mouth, larynx, and salivary glands. They are more likely to...
Gastric (Stomach) Cancer: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
What are the common signs and symptoms of stomach cancer? Learn about gastric cancer diagnosis, treatment, and their risks, how...
Related Disease Conditions
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) Symptoms, Signs, Causes,Treatment
An enlarged spleen or splenomegaly, is generally caused by other diseases or conditions such as infections, cancers, blood...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Breast Lumps (In Women)
Breast lumps in women can have a variety of causes such as breast inflammation, infection, injuries, cancer, and non-cancerous...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men after skin cancer. Risk factors include age, family history, ethnicity, and...
Low Testosterone (Low T)
Low testosterone (low-T) can be caused by conditions such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, liver or kidney disease, hormonal...
Liver cancer is cancer of the liver cells (hepatocellular carcinoma) or of the ducts in the liver (cholangiocarcinoma). Liver...
Colon cancer is a malignancy that arises from the inner lining of the colon. Most, if not all, of these cancers develop from...
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...
Cancers that form from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors. Brain tumors may be malignant (brain cancer) or benign....
Lymphedema is a condition in which one or more extremities become swollen as the result of an impaired flow of the lymphatic...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Brain Tumor (Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, Survival Rates)
A brain tumor can be either non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant), primary, or secondary. Common symptoms of a primary...
Multiple myeloma is a form of cancer that develops in plasma cells, the white blood cells that make antibodies. Symptoms include...
Abdominal Adhesions (Scar Tissue)
Abdominal adhesions (scar tissue) bands of scar tissue that form between abdominal organs and tissues. Symptoms of abdominal...
Cervical Cancer (Cancer of the Cervix)
Cervical cancer is cancer of the entrance to the womb (uterus). Regular pelvic exams and Pap testing can detect precancerous...
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...
Though uterine cancer's cause is unknown, there are many factors that will put a woman at risk, including being over age 50,...
Neutropenia (Causes, Symptoms, Ranges, Treatment)
Neutropenia is a marked decrease in the number of neutrophils, neutrophils being a type of white blood cell (specifically a form...
A keloid is a scar that doesn't know when to stop. When the cells keep on reproducing, the result is an overgrown (hypertrophic)...
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system, a vital part of the body's immune system. Symptoms and signs include...
Bone cancer is a rare type of cancer that occurs in cells that make up the bones. Primary bone cancer that arises in bone cells...
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count)
Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) refers to a decreased number of platelets in the blood. Symptoms of thrombocytopenia...
Skin cancers occur when skin cells undergo malignant transformations and grow into tumors. The most common types of skin cancer,...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Esophageal cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form in the esophagus. Risk factors of cancer of the esophagus include...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Peyronie's Disease (Curvature of the Penis)
Peyronie's disease or curvature of the penis (Peyronie disease) is a condition in which scar tissue develops inside the penis....
Signs and symptoms of penile cancer include a lump on the penis and redness, irritation, or a sore on the penis. Risk of penis...
Anal cancer, cancer located at the end of the large intestine, has symptoms that include anal or rectal bleeding, anal pain or...
Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
Bile duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma) is a rare type of cancer that arises from cells that line the drainage system from the...
There are four major types of thyroid cancer: papillary, follicular, medullary, and anaplastic thyroid cancer. Tumors on the...
Premature Menopause (Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
Premature menopause is when menopause occurs in a woman before the age of 40. Causes of premature menopause include premature...
The most common taste disorder is phantom taste perception; that is, a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have...
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor of the adrenal gland. Pheochromocytomas are quite rare and the vast majority of them are entirely...
There are many types of ovarian cancer, epithelial carcinoma is the most common. Women with a family history of ovarian cancer...
Testicular cancer symptoms include a painless lump or swelling in a testicle, testicle or scrotum pain, a dull ache in the...
Urethral cancer is a rare form of cancer that primarily affects white females, people over 60 years of age, and those who have...
Though the cause of stomach cancer is unknown, risk factors for stomach cancer include diet, H. pylori infection, smoking age,...
Thymoma is an uncommon cancer of the thymus gland. Many thymomas are asymptomatic. When symptoms do occur, they include chest...
The term oral cancer includes cancer of the mouth (oral cavity) and the back of the mouth (oropharynx). Red and white patches...
Treatment for bladder cancer depends on the stage of the disease, the grade of the tumor, and the type of bladder cancer. Options...
Second Source article from Government...
Larynx Cancer (Throat Cancer)
Symptoms of cancer of the larynx, the organ at the front of the neck, include hoarseness, a lump in the neck, sore throat, cough,...
Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Differences and Similarities
Both Hodgkin's disease (sometimes referred to as Hodgkin's lymphoma) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma are cancers that originate in a...
Prolactinoma (Pituitary Tumor)
Prolactinoma is an adenoma (benign tumor) of the pituitary gland. Causes of many prolactinomas are unknown. Symptoms in women...
There are many types of urinary incontinence (UI), which is the accidental leakage of urine. These types include stress...
Growth Plate Fractures and Injuries
Growth plate fractures and injuries occur in the area growing tissue near the end of the long bones of children and teens. Both...
Melanoma is a type of skin cancer which begins in skin cells called melanocytes and affects more than 53,600 people in the United...
There are several types of kidney cancer, including renal cell cancer (renal adenocarcinoma or hypernephroma), transitional cell...
Bowel or fecal incontinence refers to the loss of voluntary control of stool, or bowel movements. The condition can include...
Carcinoid Syndrome (Carcinoid Tumor)
A carcinoid tumor is a tumor that develops from enterochromaffin cells. The important characteristic of carcinoid tumors that...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Vaginal cancer is fairly uncommon. There are two types of vaginal cancer: squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma. Risk...
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer vs Small Cell Lung Cancer
Non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) consist of large cell carcinomas, adenocarcinomas, and squamous cell carcinomas. Small cell...
A cataract is an eye disease that causes the eye's lens to become cloudy and opaque with decreased vision. Causes of cataracts...
Salivary Gland Cancer
Salivary gland cancer is cancer that affects the parotid glands, sublingual glands, or the submandibular glands. Risk factors...
Cushing's syndrome, sometimes referred to as hypercortisolism, is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels...
Inflammatory Breast Cancer
Inflammatory breast cancer is an accelerated form of breast cancer that is not usually detected by mammogram or ultrasound....
Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
Superior vena cava syndrome is compression of the superior vena cava vein located in the upper chest. Causes of superior vena...
Male Breast Cancer
Male breast cancer accounts for 1% of all breast cancers, and most cases are found in men between the ages of 60 and 70. A man's...
Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POF, Premature Ovarian Failure, POI)
Primary ovarian iInsufficiency (POF, Premature Ovarian Failure, POI) is the cessation of normal functioning of the ovaries in...
Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma
Gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma is cancer that forms in the area where the esophagus joins the stomach. Having GERD and...
Paget Disease of the Breast (Paget's Disease of the Nipple)
Paget's disease is a rare form of cancer that forms in or around the nipple and frequently coexists with breast cancer. The exact...
Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors in Adults (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment Options, Life Expectancy)
Brain and spinal tumor are diseases in which cancer (malignant) cells begin to grow in the tissues of the brain. Tumors that...
Burkitt lymphomas are types of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma that affect the bone marrow and central nervous system. There are multiple...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
Gallbladder cancer is a rare form of cancer with symptoms that include jaundice, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting,...
Nasopharyngeal cancer is a form of cancer in which malignant cells form in the nasopharynx tissues. Risk factors include being of...
Castleman Disease is a group of related conditions. It is a rare disease with an unknown prevalence. Signs and symptoms of...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer that usually afflicts children under 5 years of age. The cancer forms in the adrenal glands,...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Breast Cancer Prevention
Lifestyle changes, a healthy antioxidant-rich diet, exercise, and weight reduction can help reduce a woman's risk of developing...
Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that forms in the chest lining (pleural mesothelioma), abdomen (peritoneal mesothelioma), and...
Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS)
Pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) is unusual growth of the tissue that lines the tendons in the body (synovium) and...
Ocular Melanoma (Intraocular Melanoma or Uveal Melanoma)
Ocular melanoma is cancer that begins in the eye tissue. Risk factors include being Caucasian, older age, having light eyes and...
Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
Childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia is the most common type of cancer in children. Symptoms and signs include fever, easy...
Breast Cancer and Coping With Stress
Being diagnosed with breast cancer is stressful. Learning relaxation techniques, exercising, eating well, getting adequate sleep,...
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Leukemia FAQs
- Ray Manzarek Dies of Bile Duct Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer in Children and Teenagers
- Cancer Care in the Elderly
- Senator Ted Kennedy: Seizure, Brain Cancer, and Death
- Brain Cancer Symptoms: Headaches and Seizures
- Treatment of Anal Cancer
- Senator Ted Kennedy, a Legend Dies of Brain Cancer
- Actor Michael C. Hall's Successful Treatment of Hodgkin's Disease
- Can Radiation Treat Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- Hospitals: Can Yours Handle Your Emergency?
- What Is Bone Cancer?
- Complementary and Alternative Cancer Treatments
- Bladder Cancer Causes, Symptoms, and Signs
- Brain Tumor Symptoms and Types
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Treatment Advances Making Pancreatic Cancer a Less Deadly Disease
- Testicular Cancer Treatment Doesn't Always Doom Fertility
- Radiation Doses From CT Scans Vary Widely
- Skin Creams May Be OK During Cancer Radiation Therapies, Study Finds
- Cancer Bell Ringing Angers Some Who Can Only Watch
- Health Tip: Understanding Mouth Issues During Cancer Treatment
- Radiation for Childhood Brain Tumor Can Hinder Memory
- Health Tip: Take Care of Yourself During Radiation Therapy
- Breast Cancer Radiation Not as Bad as Many Fear
- Radiation and Chemotherapy Together Boost Lung Cancer Survival
- Breast Cancer Radiation 'Less Scary' Than Thought
- Cancer Distress May Lead to Missed Appointments
- Cancer Treatment Can Affect Your Food Preferences
- Managing Pain Can Be a Puzzle After Breast Cancer
- 'Cancer Pen' Could Help Surgeons Spot Tumor Cells in Seconds
- Antiperspirant Use Seems Safe During Breast Cancer Treatment: Study
- Senator McCain Faces a Tough Cancer Foe
- 'Observation' Best Option for Most Low-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Hope for 1st Drug Against Lymphedema, a Cancer Complication
- A Movie Instead of Anesthesia for Kids' Radiation Therapy
- Mammogram Guidelines Have Changed, But Are Doctors Listening?
- Health Tip: Eat Healthy After Radiation Therapy
- Gene Changes May Put Childhood Cancer Survivors at Risk
- Smokers May Be Prone to Risks From Breast Cancer Radiation Therapy
- Seniors With Brain Cancer May Have Better Treatment Option
- Is Radiation Therapy Overused in Breast Cancer Care?
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors Face Risk of Second Cancer: Study
- Hormonal Drug Boosts Survival After Prostate Cancer's Return: Study
- Good News for Older Women With Early Form of Breast Cancer
- Anxiety May Lead to Unneeded Prostate Cancer Treatments
- Study Casts More Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Artificial 'Voice Box' Implant Helps Cancer Patient Speak
- New Prostate Cancer Therapy Works Without Severe Side Effects
- Breast, Cervical Cancer More Deadly in Developing Nations: Report
- Freeze Therapy: An Alternative to Breast Cancer Surgery?
- Cancer Patients in Poorer Countries Often Go Without Radiation
- New Type of Radiation Treatment May Up Survival for Older Lung Cancer Patients
- More Breast Cancer Patients Should Consider Radiation, New Guidelines Say
- Prostate Cancer Treatments: Different Choices for Different Men
- 14 Genes That May Affect Cancer Treatment
- New Guidelines Set Safe Surgery Margins for Some Breast Cancers
- Health Insurance Status May Affect Cancer Patients' Survival
- Some Brain Cancer Patients Have Radiation Options: Study
- Scans Not Worthwhile for Most Thyroid Cancers: Study
- Radiologists Don't Face Higher Risk of Radiation-Related Death: Study
- Innovative Trials Produce Promising Breast Cancer Drugs
- Do Too Many Lung Cancer Patients Miss Out on Surgery?
- Extensive Surgery Best for an Aggressive Brain Cancer: Study
- California Enacts Right-to-Die Law
- Useless Treatments Common in Young, Terminal Cancer Patients
- Additional Treatments Offer Little Benefit for Pancreatic Cancer: Study
- Radiation May Help After Surgery for 'Soft-Tissue' Cancers
- Chemo May Prolong Lives of Some Brain Cancer Patients: Study
- Shorter, Intensive Radiation Works for Prostate Cancer: Study
- Distance Matters for Quality Rectal Cancer Care
- Hospital Volume Tied to Success of Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer
- With Early Breast Cancer, Targeted Radiation Shows Promise
- Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Carry Certain Risks
- Cancer Patients Who Miss Radiation Treatments at High Risk for Relapse
- Newer Treatment May Be Easier on Children With Brain Tumors
- More People Under 50 Getting Colon Cancer, Analysis Finds
- Study Pinpoints Best Timing for Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Regular Mammograms Worthwhile for Elderly Women
- Childhood Cancer Treatment May Raise Adult Heart Disease Risk
- Electromagnetic Waves May Help Fight Deadly Brain Cancer
- Surgery May Beat Radiation for Men With Early Stage Prostate Cancer
- Laser: A Breast Cancer Treatment Alternative?
- Jimmy Carter's Recovery Highlights Power of New Cancer Treatments
- Survival Improves for Patients With Advanced Breast Cancer
- HPV-Linked Throat Cancer Responds to Reduced Chemo, Radiation: Study
- Shorter Radiation Treatment Works for Early Breast Cancers: Study
- Young Cancer Survivors Often Develop New Malignancies
- Study Says Radiation Often Overused in Late-Stage Lung Cancer
- Cancer Treatment Should Proceed for Pregnant Women: Study
- Treatments for Brain Cancer Take Heavy Toll on the Brain
- Early Stage Breast Cancer Far From a Death Sentence: Study
- Study Questions Radiation Use for 'Low-Risk' Prostate Cancers
- Surgery May Boost Survival in Certain Advanced Lung Cancers
- Targeted Radiation to Treat Brain Tumors May Be Best: Study
- Excess Weight Linked to Worse Prostate Cancer Prognosis
- Radiation Plus Hormone Therapy May Help Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivors Face Higher Long-Term Heart Risks
- Costlier Breast Cancer Treatments Linked to Better Survival
- Study Questions Accuracy of Many Breast Cancer Biopsies
- Are Too Many Prostate Cancer Patients Receiving Treatment?
- Too Few Breast Cancer Patients Getting Radiation After Mastectomy: Study
- Cancer Patients Prefer Care That Includes Their Input
- Researchers Learning More About Deadly Pancreatic Cancer
- Many Breast Cancer Patients Get Too Much Radiation Therapy, Research Suggests
- Breast Cancer Patients Might Prefer 'Invisible Tattoo'
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Cancer Treatments in Pregnancy Safe for Offspring, Small Studies Find
- Chest Radiation May Help Fight Some Advanced Lung Cancers: Study
- Dog Study Suggests Bacteria as Cancer Fighter
- Insurance Status May Affect Cancer Outcome: Study
- Men With Prostate Cancer May Not Always Get Best Advice
- Health Highlights: July 6, 2014
- MRIs Plus Mammograms Best for High-Risk Women, Study Finds
- Breast Cancer Surgery Rates Vary Greatly in Canada
- Cancer Survivors Face Mounting Costs of Continuing Medical Care: Study
- Blood Test May Spot Pancreatic Cancer Earlier
- Health Highlights: May 16, 2014
- Some Prostate Cancer Patients Might Safely Delay Hormonal Therapy: Study
- Stepped-Up Screening Would Uncover More Lung Cancers, Study Says
- Experts Issue Treatment Guidelines for Aggressive Form of Breast Cancer
- Radiation May Equal Surgery, With Easier Recovery, for Cancerous Lymph Nodes
- Certain Type of Brain Malformation May Be Best Left Alone
- Quarter of Prostate Cancer Patients May Abandon 'Watchful Waiting' Approach
- DNA Test May Gauge Risk of Prostate Cancer's Return
- Cialis May Not Prevent Impotence in Men Treated for Prostate Cancer
- Newer Radiation Therapy Treats Prostate Cancer More Quickly: Study
- Yoga May Help Breast Cancer Patients During Radiation Therapy
- Childhood Cancer Report Brings Mixed News
- Aspirin Might Help Treat Brain Tumor Tied to Hearing Loss
- Drug May Extend Survival for Men With Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Radiation Before Surgery May Improve Survival From Rare Lung Cancer
- Many Women Still Have Pain One Year After Breast Cancer Surgery
- Surgery With Follow-Up Radiation Best for Tongue Cancer: Study
- Blacks Less Likely to See Cancer Specialists, Study Finds
- Most Men With Breast Cancer Undergo Mastectomy, Study Finds
- 'One-Stop' Radiation Treatment Might Offer Breast Cancer Care Alternative
- Radiation for Breast Cancer May Raise Heart Risks: Study
- Do Some Docs Have Vested Interest in Prescribing Radiation for Prostate Cancer?
- Radiation Therapy Overused in Advanced Prostate Cancer, Study Says
- Blood Pressure Drug Might Boost Chemo Success, Mouse Study Suggests
- Researchers Tie Increased Throat Cancer Cases to HPV Infection
- Extended Hormone Therapy Doesn't Help Some Prostate Cancer Patients: Study
- Two Key Questions May Reveal Depression in Cancer Patients
- Shorter Radiation Course Appears Effective for Early Breast Cancer
- 'Watch & Wait' OK for Many Low-Grade Prostate Tumors: Study
- New Clues to Why Black Women Fare Worse Against Breast Cancer
- Rural Women Less Likely to Get Preferred Breast Cancer Treatment: Study
- Chronic Illness Afflicts Most Childhood-Cancer Survivors, Study Finds
- Many Young Breast Cancer Patients May Opt for a Mastectomy
- Fine-Tuning Breast Cancer Treatments: What Works Better?
- Black Prostate Cancer Patients More Likely to Delay Treatment: Study
- Radiation Therapy May Raise Future Death Risk From Heart Surgery
- New Strategy Helps Young Lymphoma Patients Avoid Radiation Treatment
- Breast Cancer Radiation Has Long-Term Heart Effects: Study
- No Risks to Pregnancy Seen With Morning Sickness Drug
- Scientists Link More Genes to Common Brain Tumor
- More Focused Radiation Treatment May Work Better Against Brain Tumors
- Some Complain of Shorter Penis After Prostate Cancer Treatment: Study
- What Cancer Patients Need to Know About the Flu
- 'Chemo Brain' May Occur Before Treatment Even Starts
- Brooke Burke Has Thyroid Cancer
- Proton Beam Therapy Better for Prostate Cancer?
- Viagra Can Help Prostate Cancer Patients Maintain Sex Lives: Study
- Many Mistakenly Think Radiation Might Cure Terminal Lung Cancer
- Study: No Long-Term Heart Risks From Breast Radiation
- Post-Op Radiation May Boost Results for Prostate Cancer Patients: Study
- Abraxane Approved to Treat Advanced Lung Cancer
- Genes May Influence Impotence After Prostate Radiation
- Young Children Treated for Cancer May Be at Risk for PTSD: Study
- Face-Down Position May Be Safer During Radiation for Breast Cancer: Study
- Prostate Cancer: Start-and-Stop Hormone Therapy Works
- Breast Cancer Drug Might Help Men on Prostate Cancer Therapy
- Multiple Brain Tumors Even More Malignant: Study
- Radiation for Childhood Cancer Might Raise Diabetes Risk
- Doctors Who 'Self-Refer' to Radiation Clinics Add to Patients' Burden: Study
- Newer Bone Drug Better for Advanced Breast Cancer Patients: Study
- Breast Cancer Radiation for Older Women?
- Limited Radiation May Help Some Kids With Lymphoma
- Targeted Radiation for Lung Cancer May Carry Risks
- CT Scans, MRIs Becoming More Common
- Sheryl Crow's Brain Tumor: FAQ
- After Chest Radiation, Girls at Greater Risk for Early Breast Cancer: Study
- Emotional Woes May Last for Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Lower-Dose Radioiodine Effective Against Thyroid Cancer
- For Breast Cancer Care, Radiation of Whole Breast May Be Best
- Chemo and Radiation Best for Bladder Cancer, Study Finds
- Best Prostate Cancer Radiation?
- Breast Cancer Treatment Side Effects May Last for Years
- Woman's Recovery From Advanced Melanoma Could Help Guide Research
- Radiation After Lung Cancer Surgery Doesn't Help All: Study
- Study: Radioactive Seeds Beat Out Other Prostate Cancer Treatments
- Breast Cancer Radiation Linked to Raised Heart Risk
- Side Effects Cause Many Older Women to Drop Breast Cancer Drugs
- Birth Defects Seem Rare in Kids of Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Targeted Radiation May Not Be Better for Breast Cancer
- Is Chemo the Cause of Mental Fog After Breast Cancer?
- Radiation Plus Surgery Cuts Risk of Breast Cancer Return
- Genetic Profiling Adds New Dimension to Breast Cancer Treatment
- Health Tip: Getting the Shingles Vaccine
- Shorter Course of Radiation May Treat Prostate Cancer
- Seizure Drug May Extend Lives of Brain Cancer Patients
- Combination Therapy May Treat Prostate Cancer
- Nuclear Meltdown in Japan: Radiation Risk?
- Michael Douglas: Throat Cancer Survivor
- Breast-Conserving Therapy Better Than Mastectomy?
- Elizabeth Edwards Dies of Cancer
- Michael Douglas and Throat Cancer FAQ
- Aggressive Treatment for Prostate Cancer Is the Norm
- Progress in Predicting Invasive Breast Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer and Broken Collar Bone -- An Accidental Lifesaver
- Dry Mouth
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Anemia
- Cancer Treatment Side Effect: Infections
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Blood Clotting Problems
- Testicular Cancer: Treatment and Survival
- Chemo vs. Radiation for Testicular Cancer
- Ionizing Radiation Fact Sheet
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Chemotherapy and Other Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Cancer Treatment: Dry Mouth
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Flu-Like Symptoms
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Fluid Retention
- Cancer Treatment: Effects on Sexual Organs & Sexuality
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Diarrhea and Constipation
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Nerve and Muscle Effects
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Skin and Nails
- Cancer Treatment Side Effect: Radiation Recall
- Cancer Treatment: Coping With Fatigue
- Cancer Treatment: Coping With Nausea and Vomiting
- Cancer Treatment: Coping With Hair Loss
- Cancer Treatment - Sore Mouth, Gums or Throat
- Radiation Treatment and the Lungs