Note: We recommend that you consider using this page as a reference for your consultation with your doctor.
- What do you think is causing my problem?
- Is there more than one condition (disease) that could be causing my problem?
- What tests will you do to diagnose the problem and which of the conditions is present?
- How good are the tests for diagnosing the problem and the conditions?
- How safe are the tests?
- What is the likely course of this condition? What is the long-term outlook with and without treatment?
- What are my treatment options? How effective is each treatment option? What are the benefits versus risks of each treatment option?
- If my symptoms worsen, what should I do on my own? When should I contact you?
- Are you aware of each of the medications that I am taking? Can they adversely interact with the medications you are prescribing for me?
- Should we monitor for side effects of the medications that you are prescribing or for their interactions with other medications I am taking?
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Reviewed on 6/13/2018
Kasper et.al., Harrison's Manual of Medicine; McGraw Hill, 2011.