Patient Comments: Psychotic Disorders - Experience

What type of psychotic disorder do you have? Describe your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: un likeing, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

Posttraumatic stress disorder is my problem. I space out often, vary snappy and quick to hit, yell and scream. Then I get very tired and drained. I stay on the defense side, I feel like everyone is always out to get me. I don't sleep, don't eat much and lie around most of the time. I have tremors in both legs and on a cane. I have been on all the anti-depression medications. I have degenerative disc issues too, migraines, night sweats, chills, dizziness, faintness, and at times memory loss, confusion, shaking all over.

Comment from: LoveYouStill, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 25

My 15 year old foster child has been having extreme split personality episodes. For example, she is a happy and kind girl one minute then the next she"s an extremely violent person that will harm anyone in her way, she even killed our pet dog Fido in a fit of extreme rage. Then she snaps back to sweetness after a while. I don"t know what to do anymore and I"m out of options for helping her.

Comment from: Rex, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I have bipolar disorder with psychosis. I have severe depression and anxiety (PTSD) from traumatic brain injuries and Insomnia. I heard voices and felt deterioration of brain in a certain spot during sleep. Possible schizophrenia was diagnosed well before this experience, years beforehand. I have panic attacks every once in a while.

Comment from: heena, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 11

Actually my aunt is behaving in a very strange manner since a year. She thinks everyone is talking about her, and everyone is against her. She says someone is clicking her pictures, making her MMS video and all that. I mean she behaves in a very weird manner, I don't know what type of problem she is suffering.

Comment from: Scoobiedoo, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 23

The patient is constantly cancelling appointments to the doctor, cancels therapy both physical and psychological, and has mood swings. She blames every one for her problems, craves and demands sympathy (woe is me), constantly scans TV guide on TV without turning on station, and paranoid about possessions, an extreme hoarder. She tends to live in the past and after 13 years still mourns the loss of her husband and has recurring dreams about him and pets who have passed on.

Comment from: Petra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My psychotic disorder is in the form of tactile hallucinations - movement around me that I cannot see. It feels like bugs crawling all over me, my head, face and much larger things walking next to me when I am sitting down anywhere. I can't see them but feel them around me. Most significant is that these things attack my feet and bite into them to the point of feeling real teeth going in. Every night I am afraid to go to sleep. It's almost as if these things have a mind of their own. I've read about how the brain has been affected in some way.

Comment from: Chana, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

A very detailed one. I don't know how I will fix this. I want to try one of the medications that Were Listed for psychotic disorders, because I have never taken them before. I don't know Why the Physiatrist didn't figure that out. Mine is OCD mixed with illusions.

Comment from: 35-44 Published: January 22

I have extreme violent anger that causes me to throw things, hit people, scream, shout, and clench my jaw and fists.

Comment from: VaCic, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I can't sleep. I have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety and have had uncontrollable bouts of crying. When I try to sleep and doze off I feel a real heaviness, darkness. I keep thinking that the devil is trying to get me and I find myself doing everything I can to wake up. This is in my dream. Either way, I end up trying to scream and gasping (not in my dream) and wake up thoroughly convinced that something evil is going to get me and now my insomnia, anxiety and crying is out of hand. I'm already taking Xanax and Effexor XR.

Comment from: Londonbridge, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 25

My doctor has diagnosed me with an unidentified psychosis. I often see and hear people talking to me without anyone else hearing and seeing the same things. I'm concerned because this psychosis has not been identified so to speak. I want to know exactly what it means.

Coping With Schizophrenia
Comment from: sh68, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

about the person that said it feels like the devil is trying to get them or something evil, i have the same symptoms to the point of I can actually feel my body being pulled through the mattress and sometimes I float above my body up to the ceiling and can't move and it's the most surreal and evil feeling I've ever had and it's so real don't even think it's a dream its lucid.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 27

My daughter is convinced that she has lice in her mouth, going down her throat and in her nose. She is convinced also that she is the Jezebel in Revelations in the Bible who is doomed to an eternity of hell. She is constantly afraid of dying and she is also spitting in a cup constantly "to get the lice out of my mouth."

Coping With Schizophrenia