Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Psoriasis Types, Images, Treatments
What is psoriasis? Explore psoriasis treatment options such as topical ointments, phototherapy, natural remedies and more. Learn...
Burning or Swollen Feet? What Foot Pain Says About Your Health
Foot pain and heel pain can be serious health problems. Discover information about cold feet, itchy feet, burning feet and...
Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms, Treatment, Images
What is psoriatic arthritis? Psoriatic arthritis is an arthritis type that comes with psoriasis (skin inflammation). Psoriatic...
Types of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments
Learn about the common skin condition psoriasis. Explore about the different types of psoriasis such as vulgaris (plaque...
Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the mystery out of psoriasis. Take the Psoriasis Quiz and see what you know about the types, symptoms, treatments and more....
Psoriatic Arthritis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
How is psoriatic arthritis related to psoriasis? Take this quiz to find out!...
Picture of Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis is a specific condition in which a person has both psoriasis and arthritis. See a picture of Psoriatic...
Related Disease Conditions
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that may cause large plaques of red, raised skin, flakes of dry skin, and skin scales....
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammatory disease, primarily involving the small and large intestine, but which can affect...
Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome
Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage where the ribs attach to the sternum. Tietze syndrome affects the same region of...
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of the colon. Symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhea, and rectal bleeding....
Ankle pain is commonly due to a sprain or tendinitis. The severity of ankle sprains ranges from mild (which can resolve within...
Acne is a localized skin inflammation as a result of overactivity of oil glands at the base of hair follicles. This...
Scleritis is inflammation of the white part of the eye. It may be caused by a serious underlying condition, such as an autoimmune...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Connective Tissue Disease
Connective tissue disease is when the body's connective tissues come under attack, possibly becoming injured by inflammation....
Reactive arthritis is a chronic, systemic rheumatic disease characterized by three conditions, including conjunctivitis, joint...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Iritis is inflammation of the iris, the colored portion of the eye. Symptoms include a red, painful eye, blurry vision, and light...
Relapsing polychondritis is an uncommon, chronic disorder of the cartilage that is characterized by recurrent episodes of...
SAPHO syndrome is a chronic disorder that involves the skin, bone, and joints. SAPHO syndrome is an eponym for the combination of...
Enthesitis and Enthesopathy
The area where ligament or tendon inserts to bone is called the enthesis. Inflammation of the enthesis is called enthesitis. An...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatic diseases and conditions. Rheumatologists are internal medicine physicians who treat these...
Psoriatic Arthritis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with psoriatic arthritis.Post View 45 Comments
Psoriatic Arthritis - Diagnosis
How was your psoriatic arthritis diagnosed?Post View 30 Comments
Psoriatic Arthritis - Treatment
What was the treatment for your psoriatic arthritis?Post View 12 Comments
Psoriatic Arthritis - Symptoms and Signs
What are your psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs?Post View 2 Comments
Psoriatic Arthritis - Diet
Have particular dietary changes helped your psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs?Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Rheumatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Buttock Pain
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Hand Pain
- Joint Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Arm Pain
- Hip Pain
- Chest Pain
- Foot Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Nail Pitting
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Lower Back Pain
- Knee Pain
- Swollen Joints
- Unsteady Gait
- Joint Redness
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Chronic Pain
- Joint Warmth
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Diagnosis and Treatment
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- celecoxib, Celebrex
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- diclofenac, Voltaren, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Cambia
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- infliximab, Remicade
- hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- etanercept, Enbrel
- methotrexate, Rheumatrex, Trexall
- sulfasalazine, Azulfidine
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- leflunomide, Arava
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- adalimumab, Humira
- clobetasol foam - topical, Olux
- ketoprofen (Discontinued brands: Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron)
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria)
- gold sodium thiomalate; aurothiomalate, Myochrysine
- ustekinumab, Stelara
- certolizumab, Cimzia
- mercaptopurine - oral, Purinethol
- auranofin, Ridaura
- apremilast (Otezla)
- secukinumab (Cosentyx)
- infliximab-dyyb (Inflectra)
Prevention & Wellness
- New Eczema Drug Promising in Early Trial
- Can Depression Up Odds for Arthritis Linked to Psoriasis?
- Health Tip: Keep Psoriatic Arthritis Fatigue in Check
- Health Tip: Manage Psoriasis
- Amjevita OK'd to Treat Inflammatory Diseases
- New Version of RA Drug Enbrel: FAQ
- FDA Approves New Biological Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- New Psoriasis Drug Works Longer Term, Too
- 'Designer Cells' Show Promise Against Psoriasis in Lab Mice
- 2 Experimental Drugs Offer Hope Against Psoriasis: Studies
- Injuries Up Risk of Psoriatic Arthritis for People With Psoriasis
- 'Ground Zero' Workers at Risk of Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- New Psoriatic Arthritis Research Offers Hope
- Antibiotics and Kids' Risk for Juvenile Arthritis
- Drug Shows Promise Against Arthritis Common in People with Psoriasis
- Otezla Approved for Psoriatic Arthritis
- Stelara OK'd for Psoriatic Arthritis
- Treatment Options Expand for Psoriasis Patients
- Many Psoriasis Patients Going Without Treatment, Study Finds
- Drug Slows Knee Osteoarthritis Progression
- Humira Approved for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
- Shingles Vaccine Safe for Those With Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Gene Behind Psoriasis Identified, Researchers Say
- Psoriasis Guidelines Call for Tailored Treatment
- 1 in 12 Women Will Have Autoimmune Disease
- Pro Golfer Phil Mickelson Treated for Psoriatic Arthritis
- Study: Obesity Predicts Psoriatic Arthritis
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Arthritis Newsletter