Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?

Comment from: shaz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have struggled with psoriasis in the scalp for 30 years. Then 6 years ago it started on my torso, breasts, upper legs and buttocks and I was using steroids creams. I stopped drinking beer and eating bread and barley, and it has all gone within 10 weeks. I also used coconut oil.

Comment from: RobertPacker, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

Two months ago I came to an all-time low when I couldn't even walk outside without people looking at me. My scales on my arms, legs and head were constantly itching and practically glowed red, making everyone look at me. I've spent hundreds of dollars on different treatments for psoriasis but finally came across a treatment that worked for me. I feel like a different person and I'm now able to walk outside without knowing people stare at me. I recommend the Humankind Organics cream and shampoo, I haven't tried everything else yet but I'm jumping with joy this has worked for me. I wanted to share my experience because I know there are people out there like me who really needs this.

Comment from: Tami, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: February 23

My mom has had psoriasis since she was about 13 years old. She discovered around 27 years of age that her diet affected her flare up dramatically. Refined sugar and carbohydrates cause severe inflammation and flare ups. When she cuts these foods out of her diet her skin clears up dramatically.

Comment from: william, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I have suffered with psoriasis for 50 years. The only effective treatment I have ever had has been methotrexate 10mg/month, but long term use can cause cirrhosis of the liver, and liver function must be monitored with a simple blood test every three months. I was told that chances of cirrhosis were 1 in 200 after 6 grams lifetime. Clobetasol and Dovonex et al are useless, treating only the symptoms and not the cause, which, I'm told, is an overactive immune system. Many dermatologists will not prescribe methotrexate, valuing their practices more than patient empathy. The best, most knowledgeable dermatologists will prescribe it.

Comment from: sirisiri32, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

I have suffered with itching, scaly and flaking skin, redness, and psoriasis on my hands for 4 years. I have tried dozens of products to try to find relief from my symptoms. Nothing worked. Now, I am finally free of psoriasis for 1 year by using the Made from Earth aloe skin treatment on a daily basis. I no longer have to be embarassed to shake hands with people! I can't praise this product enough!

Comment from: gep, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I've been following Psoeasy treatment for over 2 years and I have almost got over my psoriasis.

Comment from: Ragmn, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 04

Try turmeric powder for psoriasis. You can consume a few pinches of turmeric with milk before bed. It reduces itching to a large extent! You can find turmeric powder in Indian grocery shops.

Psoriasis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?
Psoriasis - Diet Question: Do certain foods positively or negatively impact your psoriasis?