Patient Comments: Pseudogout - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a pseudogout? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Ward off Pseudogout!, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I am fifty years old and had two very painful pseudogout attacks in my right knee within 2 months. Then a month later, I fell on a concrete floor and broke my right hip which was repaired with 3 screws. I had two more pseudogout attacks while trying to do the intense physical therapy following the surgery. Desperate to try anything, I gave the Bragg's brand apple cider vinegar a chance. I drank 2 teaspoons, not tablespoons, a day every day for several months which I diluted in water. No more attacks, thank goodness! Now I drink it every 2-3 days and still no more attacks. I am hoping it dissolved the crystals! If I feel any sign that it may be returning, I go back to drinking it every day for a while and take several doses of ibuprofen. I've had no attack now for 6 months!

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Arthritis Newsletter