Many of the symptoms of prostate cancer relate to the enlargement of the gland, so they are not specific to prostate cancer and can be caused by other conditions like benign prostatic hyperplasia, which enlarges the prostate gland. Very early prostate cancer may also be small and not produce any specific symptoms. Other symptoms of prostate cancer localized to the prostate can include
- a weak or interrupted urine stream,
- blood in the urine,
- a frequent need to urinate (urinary frequency).
Symptoms of advanced prostate cancer result from its spread to the bones or other organs and can include
Other prostate cancer symptoms and signs
- Blood in the Semen
- Blood in the Urine
- Bone Pain
- Burning Urination
- Difficulty Starting and Stopping the Urine Stream
- Dribbling Urine
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Inability to Urinate When Standing
- Leaking Urine
- Loss of Control of Urination When Coughing or Laughing
- Low Back Pain
- Pain With Ejaculation
- Painful Urination (Dysuria)
- Pelvic Pain
- Shortness of Breath
- Urinary Frequency, Especially at Night
- Weak Urine Stream
- Weight Loss
Main Article on Prostate Cancer Symptoms and Signs
IMAGESBrowse through our medical image collection to see illustrations of human anatomy and physiology See Images
Pictures, Images, Illustrations & Quizzes
Prostate Cancer Symptoms, PSA Test, Treatments
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Learn the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer, along with causes and...
Signs of Cancer in Men: Could it Be Cancer?
See pictures of which 15 cancer symptoms men ignore such as skin changes, difficulty swallowing, rapid weight loss, a breast...
Top 10 Cancers Quiz
Take this quiz to learn the causes of cancer. Get the facts about the causes, symptoms, and treatments for the world's most...
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Examples of Medications for Prostate Cancer Symptoms and Signs
- bicalutamide (Casodex)
- docetaxel (Taxotere, Docefrez)
- dutasteride (Avodart)
- finasteride (Proscar)
- flutamide - oral, Eulexin
- goserelin - implant, Zoladex
- leuprolide (Lupron, Eligard)
- mitoxantrone (Novantrone)
- nilutamide - oral, Nilandron
- triptorelin 3 month (11.25 mg) - injection, Trelstar
- voriconazole - injection, Vfend
- voriconazole - oral suspension, Vfend
- voriconazole - oral, Vfend