Prostate cancer screening may be able to detect cancer before a person has developed any symptoms. Prostate cancer is the most common nonskin cancer among American men. Tests commonly used to screen for prostate cancer include a digital rectal exam and a prostate-specific antigen test (PSA test). Read more: Prostate Cancer Screening Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Prostate Cancer Symptoms, PSA Test, Treatments
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Learn the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer, along with causes and...
Screening Tests Every Man Should Have
Getting the right screening test at the right time is one of the most important things a man can do for his health. Learn at what...
Picture of Prostate Gland
A gland within the male reproductive system that is located just below the bladder. See a picture of Prostate Gland and learn...
Picture of Prostate
Side View of the Prostate. The prostate is a walnut-sized gland located between the bladder and the penis. See a picture of the...
Signs of Cancer in Men: Could it Be Cancer?
See pictures of which 15 cancer symptoms men ignore such as skin changes, difficulty swallowing, rapid weight loss, a breast...
Related Disease Conditions
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men after skin cancer. Risk factors include age, family history, ethnicity, and...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Enlarged Prostate (BPH, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH or enlarged prostate) is very common in men over 50 years of age. Half of all men over the...
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Prostate Cancer - Patient Experience
Were you diagnosed with prostate cancer? Please describe your experience.Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Recognizing Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Symptoms Aren't Always Obvious
- New Research Finds Value in PSA Testing
- Are Big Men More Prone to Aggressive Prostate Cancer?
- Should Prostate Cancer Screening Start Earlier for Black Men?
- Many Docs Don't Discuss Prostate Cancer Screening Pros and Cons
- Is MRI the 'Mammography' of Prostate Cancer Screening?
- Monitoring, Not Treatment, May Be Better for Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Vasectomy May Not Raise Prostate Cancer Risk After All
- Early Prostate Cancer Diagnoses Continue to Fall in U.S.: Study
- Cancer Experts Criticize Report on Rising Prostate Cancer Numbers
- Number of Advanced Prostate Cancer Cases Soars: U.S. Study
- PSA Testing Differs Among Primary Care Doctors, Urologists
- Many Older Americans May Get Unneeded Breast, Prostate Cancer Screenings
- Prostate Cancer Screening, Detection Both Down in U.S., Studies Say
- Relaxed Guidelines on PSA Testing Might Miss Aggressive Tumors: Study
- Prostate Cancer Testing Drops Off After Controversial Guidelines
- Obesity Linked to Greater Risk of Prostate Cancer in Blacks, Study Says
- Report Shows Progress in America's War on Cancer
- Did PSA Test's Decline Spur Rise in Prostate Cancers?
- Random Mutations Responsible for About Two-Thirds of Cancer Risk: Study
- New Gene Variants for Prostate Cancer Identified
- Male Pattern Baldness Tied to Prostate Cancer, Study Suggests
- Study: Many Seniors Get Unnecessary Cancer Tests
- Depression May Make It Harder to Beat Prostate Cancer
- Cialis May Not Prevent Impotence in Men Treated for Prostate Cancer
- Newer Radiation Therapy Treats Prostate Cancer More Quickly: Study
- Vitamin E, Selenium Supplements Might Double Chances of Prostate Cancer
- Mouse Study Hints at Plastics Chemical's Link to Prostate Cancer Risk
- Study Ties Y Chromosome Variations to Prostate Cancer Risk
- Prostate Biopsies May Cause Unnecessary Worry for Many Men, Study Finds
- Older Men Gain Little From PSA Test: Study
- Gene Test May Help Predict Prostate Cancer Aggressiveness
- Helping Men Resolve Conflicts About Prostate Cancer Screening
- Many Men Plan to Ignore PSA Test Guideline: Survey
- Black Prostate Cancer Patients More Likely to Delay Treatment: Study
- Most Men Don't Need PSA Tests, Doctors' Group Says
- Is Early Baldness in Blacks a Clue to Prostate Cancer?
- PSA Testing Linked to Improved Prostate Cancer Survival
- Can Prostate Cancer Screening Improve Men's Lives?
- Screening Debate Typifies Prostate Cancer Uncertainties
- Study: PSA Testing Cuts Worst Prostate Cancers
- Prostate Cancer Surgery May Not Always Up Survival
- Study Ties Genes to Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms, Prostate Cancer Risk
- Panel: Don't Get PSA Prostate Cancer Screen
- Prostate Cancer Screening Guidelines Often Not Followed: Study
- CDC: Cancer Screening Below Target Rates
- Scientists Identify Inherited Prostate Cancer Gene
- PSA Test for Prostate Cancer Doesn't Save Lives: Study
- Are Too Many Older People Screened for Cancer?
- New Doubts on Value of Prostate Cancer Screening
- Can Pomegranate Pills Fight Prostate Cancer?
- Targeted Radiation May Help Men Avoid Impotence
- Prostate Cancer Screening: Benefits Outweigh Risks
- Avodart May Lower Prostate Cancer Risk
- New Guidelines for Prostate Cancer Screening
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter