Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.) Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Vishali K., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 29

I am 25 weeks pregnant now. It's my first baby and I am enjoying my pregnancy day by day. Sometimes it's painful but it is the best felling I have ever felt. My baby is so active and naughty, he kicks all day and moves here and there like he is moving in a garden.

Comment from: Sydel, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I keep on vomiting and feel so weak with the pregnancy. I can't sleep very well too. So hard for me to have a nap too.

Comment from: radiboko, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I am 14 weeks right now and this is my second child. I am experiencing pains under my abdomen and what worries me so much is that am spitting too much saliva each and every second.

Comment from: BBGG, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I'm pregnant with my 6th child and unlike my other pregnancies I experience nausea, swelling in my arms, feet and hands, and lower back pain. I'm in my 20th week.

Comment from: Babydoll, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

According to 5 positive pregnancy tests I am 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I am terrified already and it doesn't even feel real it just feels like a dream, except for the symptoms they are real alright. I'm experiencing terrible dizziness and have no appetite whatsoever and the nausea is unbearable; foods I usually love make me vomit and this is only the start!

Comment from: BirthCenterStoneOak, Female (Patient) Published: April 28

My pregnancies were, I can't say like a walk in the park, but they were all different in so many ways. Symptom was morning sickness, but all those 3 pregnancies were different. But it's all worth it after I gave birth. As much as I love having babies, I really don't like being pregnant and giving birth. Anyway, all's good. It's been 3 years since my last pregnancy.

Comment from: anonymus, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I am 5 weeks pregnant in my second pregnancy; the first ended in miscarriage. I was just wondering how other mothers would describe how gas feels during the early stages of pregnancy.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I am about six months pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. I have experienced nausea, heartburn, swelling, and urinary frequency. My baby is very active. She moves all day long, which is quite interesting to feel her kick and shift positions. I tend to crave cheese. It's interesting because when my boyfriend's mom was pregnant with him, all she craved was cheese, too. Now it's getting close to the end, and I'm very excited and nervous. I just can't wait to see my beautiful baby girl.

Comment from: zain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I am five months pregnant with my fifth baby. Unlike the other pregnancies, I had no cases of morning sickness but am constantly having headaches and lower back pains. My baby started kicking before it was four months (and still moves a lot). Last time I checked, it was one baby, but I look like a 7-months-pregnant woman.

Comment from: H, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

From week 5 until week 16, I was sick at least once a day, usually three or four times per day. I experienced intense nausea 24 hours a day. It was awful. I spent four days in the hospital on a drip because I was dehydrated. The only thing that kept me positive was the kind words of the nurse who told me that nausea was a sign of a healthy pregnancy. Now I'm 19 weeks, and I'm still throwing up and feel sick every morning. I feel much more normal during the day, which is wonderful! I can't wait for the "bloom" stage that my mom assures me is any day now!

Comment from: newmom26, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I am six months pregnant with my first child, and I must say pregnancy is not what I thought. It has been the best six months of my life. I haven't had any morning sickness, aches, or pains. This pregnancy has really been a breeze for me. At first, listening to some of the horror stories I've heard from other people really had me scared, but it's true what they say: Each pregnancy is different.

Comment from: bajan girl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I had a nasty bout of morning sickness. It lasted for four months. I don't know why it is called morning sickness since I had 24 hour sickness. I was constantly throwing up. I did not know what I could eat, since everything made me feel ill. Thankfully I am over that now and I am into my 29th week. I am now discovering how painful swollen feet can be.I am looking forward to the birth of this baby.

Comment from: Ms. K, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 04

I found out that I was pregnant at 3 months. I have no symptoms. I did have headaches until I was 5 months pregnant. Now, I have missed my menstrual for August. My last one was July. All I'm having is abdominal pains, tenderness in my breast, and constipation (dry stool).

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 16

My 20 yr. old daughter had the three guardisil shots. Her last shot was April 10th. She got pregnant May 16. She was never told to not get pregnant after taking guardisil. She started bleeding on Sept.2. She bled again the next week and again the next week. She went into labor on Sept 16th and her son was born on Sept.17th, three weeks ago today. His heart was beating right up until he was born. We were told because he was so small (8oz. and 8 1/2 in long) and since he was born before 20 weeks they couldn't do anything. My first grandbaby was born and died on the same day. We are all heartbroken and I want some answers. Did the guardisil shots cause this? How many more babies will die like my grandson because no one tells u that this might happen if you get pregnant soon after guardisil shots? I need some answers!!!

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: August 14

With my first pregnancy I lactated for 3 weeks before I tested positive on a home test. I conceived on October 3 and found out on October 29. I didn't think anything unusual because of my new medication and the fact that every doctor said it was too early to lactate anyway. Every woman is different. Now I am lactating and I have heavy tender swollen breast and know that again I am pregnant, but it is too early to test. I am very in tuned to my body. Talk to your doctor if you feel pregnant and keep a record of it. Let them know you are a different patient and you shouldn't be compared to another. Good luck!

Comment from: chy girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I am four months pregnant, but since I took in I have been having blood drop, even as am talking now, am bleeding while my baby is still there, so I don't really know the cause of it and will like to be helped.

Comment from: Eupho, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I am two months pregnant and my problem is morning sickness; sometime I think maybe it isn't morning sickness because it is very painful. Everything I try to eat is tasteless; even water. I don't know what is wrong, I try to eat but eat so little that the body is weak and there is loss of weight. I have pain all over my body especially my neck.

Comment from: SWEETY, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I am pregnant for the first time, and am very excited. I am two months along, and am experiencing heartburn, nausea, frequent vomiting, and some dizziness. I'm very happy – it's a gift of love waiting for the baby.

Comment from: Mommy2twins, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I was pregnant with twin girls 3 years ago. I had severe morning sickness through the entire pregnancy. There were certain foods, drinks, and smells that would set me off. Also, if I were hungry, I would get sick. Because of a pre-existing hereditary disease involving the retention of fluids in my feet, ankles and lower legs, my whole body started swelling before I was 3 months pregnant. I would have severe bouts of dizziness, though I never fainted. I would have to get up to urinate every 2 hours. I also had constant and severe heartburn through more than half of my pregnancy and had to sleep sitting upright as a result, in addition to taking the max allowed over the counter heartburn medication. My blood pressure remained normal the entire pregnancy and I never developed preeclampsia. I was scheduled to deliver at 37 weeks, but was sent in at 36 1/2 weeks due to lowered kidney functions. My girls were safely delivered via C-section. 2 1/2 years after their birth, I am again pregnant, but have not seen a doctor as of yet. I am about one month pregnant.

Comment from: Wendolly, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 26

My last menstrual period was at the end of July, and my cycle is usually about every other month. This means that I should have had a period at the end of September, or the beginning of October, but I missed it. I've taken three home pregnancy tests for the past three weeks, and they have all had negative results. During this time, though, I have been experiencing signs of pregnancy. I'm nauseous when I wake up; I eat more and more often; I have fatigue and back pain (for the past two weeks)i… The last time I took a home test was yesterday, and I was still negative. Now, I don't know what to do.

Comment from: chelsea333, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

Hi,im 23 weeks pregnant and i have passed out like 6 or 7 times since the end of july and its the beginning of october I go to the doctor or er every time it happens and I get no answer to why it keeps happening the last time it happened they said i might have a blood clot in my lungs and did a CT well... nothing there, this is my second child and I didnt have anything like this with my first. Also there is a spot directly to left of my belly button that feels like something is stabbing me everytime it is touched.

Comment from: cat, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

Hi there! I am 38 weeks. I am going to have a baby boy early in March. Two more weeks to go or it could be anytime. My first trimester was vomiting, lost appetite. Second trimester was good, I was able to eat and I could feel my baby moving. Now as the third trimester, it's more difficult because I get heartburn, baby moves a lot, I have to sleep in my back because I can't sleep on my sides. Get tired easily. I take frequent trips to restroom.

Comment from: hilda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I feel the morning sickness I had were very surprising to me as I couldn't eat normal breakfast food like Kellogg's/wheatbix . I would just wake up and just wanted to eat yesterdays meal (supper)like rice, meat and salads, and all meat and gravy can u imagine I thought wow what's going on it was as if I had to swap my meals .

Comment from: water_ripple, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

At nearly 27 weeks pregnant with my third child, I've been lucky enough to escape morning sickness. During my second, I was ill through the entire duration, and ended up delivering early due to preeclampsia. The only real difference between this pregnancy and my first is that I actually get cravings this time around and they've changed. Spicy, salty, and savory were the order during my first trimester. It quickly morphed into dairy, and now, the craving has turned to chocolate. A second ultrasound cleared up any worries of placenta previa, and now I'm looking forward to an uneventful last trimester. This time around I hope to go into labor naturally and avoid induction.

Comment from: Drey, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, with my second child, the first being a boy 9 years old, during my first trimester I was very sick, the nausea, headache, you name it, I've experienced it, but now that I am almost at the end of this journey am experiencing CTS, trust me it's very uncomfortable!! my doctor referred me to a physiotherapist, the backache is on, sudden tiredness in my right leg also, there are times I am crossing the road and all of a sudden I'd have to slow down, this tired, painful feeling in my right leg just comes on to put my experience in a nut shell, this pregnancy has been really tough for me and I can't wait to have my baby girl in my arms.

Comment from: elizabeth, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 17

For some strange reason I found that drinking and eating coca cola and Ruffle potato chips during pregnancy really helped me to control nausea and in particular, heartburn. When my grown son required Chemo therapy for cancer treatment I told him to try it to help with the nausea. He did try it and it helped enough that he was able to eat, prior to doing that he was barely eating anything as a way to avoid the vomiting. I have no idea why this helps.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I have been in the hospital for two weeks now on bedrest. I had a kidney stone a month ago and my cervix shortened and now I have been receiving injections every two to three days to stop contractions and now I have another kidney stone and have dilatated to a one now so am I likely to have my baby sooner than later.

Comment from: Aosmer, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

I was preI was pregnant with my 1st child and I had a ton of different sicknesses and I was also working as a nurse in a nursing home. I had pulled muscles and I had the flu 3 times. My second pregnancy I got the chicken pox for the 3rd time, got the flu 3 times and had pulled muscles and severe edema. This pregnancy nothing has happened.

Comment from: prasanna sagar, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have a baby of 30 weeks in me. I could notice my baby reacting to music. It is really wonderful and amazing which is really making me thrilled. This is making even my spouse happy and we are eagerly waiting for our baby.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Pregnancy & Newborns Newsletter