Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but others include
breast swelling and tenderness,
Second trimester symptoms include
Third trimester symptoms are
- additional weight gain,
- swelling of the ankles,
- fingers, and face,
- breast tenderness, and
- trouble sleeping.
Eating a healthy diet, getting a moderate amount of exercise, also are recommended for a healthy pregnancy. Information about the week by week growth of your baby in the womb are provided.Read more: Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Stages of Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trimester Images
See pictures on the various stages of pregnancy. See and learn what changes a woman's body goes through and view fetal images of...
Early Signs & Symptoms of Pregnancy
Read about early signs and symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea and vomiting (morning sickness), bloating, tender breasts, and...
Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and Causes
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame....
Back Pain: Find Relief, Treat Your Back Pain
Back pain conditions are very common. Learn the truth and get the facts behind myths, remedies, causes and treatment for back...
Boost Your Fertility: Ovulation Calculator, Pregnancy Planning and More
Boost fertility and increase your chances to conceive. Learn about ovulation calendars, diet, aging and other factors that can...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms Quiz
What are early pregnancy symptoms? In some women, symptoms range from a missed period to feeling lightheaded. Others may...
Pregnancy Myths and Facts Quiz: Test Your Pregnancy IQ
Being pregnant is a delicate time for both mother and baby. Take this quiz to separate the myths and facts about being pregnant,...
Picture of First Trimester (4 Weeks)
The Baby at 4 Weeks. Your baby's brain and spinal cord have begun to form. See a picture of First Trimester (4 Weeks) and learn...
Picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)
The Baby at 8 Weeks. All major organs and external body structures have begun to form. See a picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)...
Picture of First Trimester (12 Weeks)
The Baby at 12 Weeks. The nerves and muscles begin to work together. See a picture of First Trimester (12 Weeks) and learn more...
Picture of Second Trimester (16 Weeks)
The Baby at 16 Weeks. Muscle tissue and bone continue to form, creating a more complete skeleton. See a picture of Second...
Picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks)
The Baby at 20 Weeks. Your baby is more active. See a picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks) and learn more about the health...
Picture of Second Trimester (24 Weeks)
The Baby at 24 Weeks. Bone marrow begins to make blood cells. See a picture of Second Trimester (24 Weeks) and learn more about...
Picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks)
The Baby at 32 Weeks. Your baby's bones are fully formed, but still soft. See a picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks) and learn...
Picture of Third Trimester (36 Weeks)
The Baby at 36 Weeks. The protective waxy coating called vernix gets thicker. See a picture of Third Trimester (36 Weeks) and...
Picture of Third Trimester (37-40 Weeks)
The Baby at 37 to 40 Weeks. By the end of 37 weeks, your baby is considered full term. See a picture of Third Trimester (37-40...
What Not to Eat When Pregnant Pictures: Alcohol, Fish, Fruit Juice, Sushi
Do you know which common foods may be risky during pregnancy? Learn which foods to avoid, while pregnant, such as queso dip,...
Conception: The Amazing Journey from Egg to Embryo
Learn about conception and the beginning stages of fetal development. See microscope images of human egg and sperm, as well as...
Infertility: Types, Treatments, and Costs
Learn about infertility symptoms and types of treatment such as IVF, acupuncture, and natural methods to get pregnant. Read about...
Foot Health: Causes of Swollen Feet and Ankles
Swollen feet and ankles may be associated with conditions like pregnancy, injury, heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease,...
Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Pregnancy workouts explained. Discover the best safe pregnancy exercises for your workout. Exercise during pregnancy is an...
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Zika Virus Symptoms, Pregnancy, Treatments, Vaccine
A quick guide to the Zika virus, its causes, symptoms, and treatment options. Find out how Zika is transmitted by mosquitoes,...
Pregnancy: Multiple Births, Twins, Triplets, and More
Multiple births occur when a woman bears twins, triplets, or even more babies during pregnancy. More multiples are born today...
Your Sex Life After Pregnancy
Learn how your sex life changes after having a baby. Explore tips on how to regain sexual desire and strengthen your relationship...
Related Disease Conditions
Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
Vaginal yeast infections in women are caused by an organism called Candida albicans. Symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection...
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...
Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition with signs and symptoms of vaginal discharge, vaginal odor, and...
Thrush (Oral Candidiasis)
Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the Candida fungus. Symptoms of Thrush include pain or difficulty swallowing, a...
Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency has been linked with rickets, cancer, cardiovascular disease, severe asthma in children and cognitive...
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...
PMS vs. Pregnancy (Differences and Similarities)
Many women have difficulty figuring out if they are pregnant, have PMS, or are about to start their period. The most common signs...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Symptoms and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
Hemorrhoids (Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments)
Hemorrhoids (piles) are swollen veins in the rectum and anus. Causes include pregnancy, obesity, diarrhea, low-fiber diet, and...
Genital Herpes in Women (Symptoms, Signs, Treatment)
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Symptoms of genital herpes...
Sciatica pain, caused by irritation of the sciatic nerve, typically radiates from the low back to behind the thigh to below the...
Pityriasis rosea is a rash that begins with a large pink patch with well-defined scaly borders on the back, chest, or neck. In...
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of the bladder, kidneys, ureters, or urethra. E. coli, a type of bacteria that...
Bladder Infection (Cystitis)
Bladder infection is an infection of the bladder, usually caused by bacteria or, rarely, by Candida. Certain people, including...
Intestinal Gas (Belching, Bloating, Flatulence)
Anal itching is the irritation of the skin at the exit of the rectum, known as the anus, accompanied by the desire to scratch....
Bleeding During Pregnancy (First Trimester)
Bleeding during pregnancy is never normal. Causes of bleeding during the first trimester of a pregnancy may be caused by...
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...
Ectopic Pregnancy (Symptoms, Signs, Treatment)
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...
12 Best Foods to Eat for Constipation Relief
Constipation is a common problem, and almost everyone has been constipated at one time or another. There are foods that can help...
Heartburn (Acid Reflux) Symptoms, Relief Medicine, Cures
Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced from acid reflux (GERD). Symptoms of heartburn include chest pain, burning in the...
Pregnancy and Heartburn
Heartburn during pregnancy is quite common. During pregnancy the lower esophageal sphincter muscle becomes weakened , which...
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
Restless Leg Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medications, Home Remedies)
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
Vulvodynia (Vaginal Pain)
Vulvodynia or vaginal pain, genital pain is a condition in which women have chronic vulvar pain with no known cause. There are...
15 Foods That Cause Constipation
Constipation or the decrease in frequency and/or difficulty in passing stools (bowel movements) can be caused by a variety...
Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment
Kidney infection (pyelonephritis) usually is caused from bacteria that have spread from the bladder from a UTI (urinary tract...
There are many causes of scalp hair loss. This featured article covers the common ones such as patchy hair loss (alopecia areata,...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Group B Strep
Group B strep are bacteria called Streptococcus agalactiae that may sometimes cause infections both in a pregnant woman and her...
Iron is a mineral our bodies need. Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from not enough iron in the body. It is the most...
Constipation (Relief, Home Remedies, Treatment Medications)
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....
Normal vaginal bleeding (menorrhea) occurs through the process of menstruation. Abnormal vaginal bleeding in women who are...
Gallstones are stones that form when substances in the bile harden. Gallstones (formed in the gallbladder) can be as small as...
Gestational diabetes is a condition that is first recognized during pregnancy and is characterized by high blood sugar....
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Dizziness is a symptom that is often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of...
Labor Symptoms (Early Signs)
Every woman's experience with labor and delivery is unique for each woman, and thus "Normal" labor varies from woman to woman....
DeQuervain's tenosynovitis is inflammation of the tendon on the side of the wrist at the base of the thumb. DeQuervain's...
Melasma is a patchy brown discoloration of the skin on the face. When it occurs in pregnancy, it's called chloasma. Melasma is...
There are many types of ovarian cancer, epithelial carcinoma is the most common. Women with a family history of ovarian cancer...
Why Am I So Bloated?
Bloating is a feeling that your abdomen is distended or larger than normal, but it does not necessarily mean that it is. Gas...
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (SI Joint Pain)
Sacroiliac joint (SI) dysfunction is a general term to reflect pain in the SI joints. Causes of SI joint pain include...
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
Thoracic outlet syndrome is a condition where symptoms are produced from compression of nerves or blood vessels because the...
Scoliosis causes an abnormal curvature of the spine. When the cause of scoliosis is unknown the disorder is described based on...
Placenta previa is a condition during pregnancy when the placenta lies low in the uterus either partly or completely blocking the...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Moles are small skin growths that may appear flat or raised and are often tan, brown, black, reddish brown, or skin colored. They...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
Heart Murmur (Symptoms, Sounds, Causes, Life Expectancy)
A heart murmur is the sound generated when blood flow within the heart is not smooth. Causes of heart murmurs can be functional,...
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Erythema nodosum is a skin inflammation that results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the...
Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in water, soil, and the air. Mercury also is contained in some fish, some of the...
Salmonella infection (salmonellosis) is typically caused by the consumption of contaminated foods. Symptoms of salmonellosis...
POTS (POT Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
POT syndrome (POTS, postrual orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) is a nervous system disorder that causes lightheadedness and...
Varicose vein: A dilated (widened) tortuous (twisting) vein, usually involving a superficial vein in the leg, often associated...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can be treated with synthetic thyroid hormones to maintain the proper thyroid hormone balance....
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Reflux Laryngitis (Diet, Home Remedies, Medicine)
Reflux laryngitis is caused by acid refluxing back up through the esophagus and voice box. Reflux laryngitis causes irritation...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Braxton Hicks vs. True Labor Contractions (Differences and Similarities)
Many pregnant women often mistake Braxton Hicks contractions (false labor) for real labor contractions, especially if is your...
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Listeriosis symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, and...
Fetal Movement: Feeling Baby Kick Week-by-Week
Pregnancy can be one of the most joyous time in a couples life. Learn what your baby's first movements may feel like week by...
Braxton Hicks Contractions (False Labor)
Braxton hicks contractions are also known as false labor pains. Though these irregular uterine contractions may occur in the...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Urinary Incontinence in Women
Millions of women suffer from urinary incontinence (UI). UI occurs twice as often in women as in men. There are many types of...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition in pregnant women marked by high blood pressure and a high level of protein in the urine. Eclampsia...
Is Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (HFMD) Contagious?
Hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD) is a highly contagious disease caused by several enteroviruses. These viruses are...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Prolactinoma (Pituitary Tumor)
Prolactinoma is an adenoma (benign tumor) of the pituitary gland. Causes of many prolactinomas are unknown. Symptoms in women...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Overactive bladder is a sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle wall of the bladder causing urinary urgency (an immediate...
Miscarriage is the medical term for the spontaneous loss of pregnancy from conception to 20 weeks gestation. Risk factors for a...
Getting Pregnant (Tips for Trying to Conceive)
Trying to get conceive, or become pregnant can be challenging, frustrating, and an emotional rollercoaster for some couples. A...
Birthmarks and other abnormal skin pigmentation is caused by the body's inability to produce enough melanin. Abnormal skin...
Toxoplasmosis (toxo) is a parasitic infection that causes flulike symptoms, swollen lymph nodes, and muscle aches and pains that...
Measles (rubeola) is a highly contagious disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include a rash, high fever, cough, runny...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Infertility is the diminished ability to conceive a child. Infertility can be a problem with both men and women. Infertility in...
Vitamins and Calcium Supplements
Vitamins are organic substances that are essential for the proper growth and functioning of the body. Calcium is a mineral...
Antiphospholipid syndrome (phospholipid antibody syndrome or Hughes syndrome) is an immune system disorder with symptoms that...
Anencephaly is a neural tube defect that prevents abnormal development of the brain and bones of the skull, and are missing large...
People who have bladder spasms, the sensation occurs suddenly and often severely. A spasm itself is the sudden, involuntary...
Care Before and During Pregnancy--Prenatal Care
Second Source article from Government...
A common form of short stature, achondroplasia (dwarfism) is a genetic condition causing a disorder of bone growth. Complications...
Shingles and Pregnancy
Becoming infected with chickenpox during pregnancy could cause birth defects in your unborn child. Likewise, shingles could also...
Treacher Collins Syndrome
Treacher Collins syndrome (TCS) is a rare genetic condition that affects the development of the bones and tissues of the face....
Flatfoot (Pes Planus)
Flatfoot is a disorder in which the foot's entire sole is touching the ground while standing. Symptoms and signs of flatfoot...
Childbirth Delivery Methods and Types
There are various childbirth delivery methods and types such as: The Lamaze Method The Bradley Method Water...
Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
Hepatitis B is a type of liver infection. Hepatitis B is spread through person-to-person contact or through personal items like...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
Leishmaniasis is a disease caused by the bite of an infected sand fly. The most common types of leishmania infection are...
Direct vs. Indirect Hernia
Direct and indirect hernia are both inguinal hernias. Both types of hernias may cause a visible bulge in the groin area. Weakness...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Learn more about cavities including symptoms, treatment, and prevention. See how tooth decay, plaque, and bacteria contribute to...
Heartburn vs. Acid Reflux (Differences and Similarities)
Heartburn and acid reflux are not the same thing. Heartburn is actually a symptom of acid reflux. Heartburn gets its name...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
Consuming alcohol during pregnancy may cause fetal alcohol syndrome, a group of conditions associated with mental, growth, and...
Postpartum depression is a form of depression that occurs within a year after delivery. It is thought that rapid hormone changes...
Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
There are numerous causes of pelvic pain in women and men. Causes of pelvic pain in women and men include: Pelvic pain...
About 1% to 2% of people in the U.S. have a peanut allergy. Symptoms and signs of a peanut allergy include rash, hives, redness,...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Zika Virus (Zika Fever)
The Zika virus is transmitted by the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito. Symptoms and signs of a Zika virus infection include...
Recreational Water Illnesses (RWI)
Recreational Water Illnesses (RWIs) are caused by germs spread by breathing in mists or aerosols, swimming, or having contact...
Enterovirus (Non-Polio Enterovirus Infection)
Non-polio enteroviruses cause a variety of infections, including aseptic meningitis, hand, foot, and mouth disease, herpangina,...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital disorder of blood vessels in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord that is...
Travelers should prepare for their trip by visiting their physician to get the proper vaccinations and obtain the necessary...
Q fever is a highly infectious disease that causes high fever, diarrhea, cough, and sweating. Infected animals may transmit Q...
Cleft Palate and Cleft Lip
Cleft palate and cleft lip are facial and oral defects that occur early in pregnancy. A cleft lip is a split of the two sides of...
Embryo vs. Fetus (Differences between Stages Week by Week)
The embryonic stage of pregnancy occurs from the moment of conception until the 11th week pregnancy, or first trimester....
German Measles (Rubella)
German measles is a disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include rash and fever for two to three days. The MMR (measles,...
Smoking During Pregnancy
Smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage or stillbirth, low birth weight or premature birth, and more....
Pregnancy Diet (Menu Plans)
When a woman is pregnant she needs more vitamins, minerals, and other foods in her diet to stay healthy and deliver a healthy...
Treating the Flu in People with Health Risks
Certain portions of the population are at an increased risk of suffering serious complications from the flu. Some of these...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Doula vs. Midwife (Differences between Care, Costs, & Duties)
A midwife and doula are not the same thing. A doula's job is to provide non-medical, emotional, and personal support to a...
Preeclampsia (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension)
Preeclampsia is related to increased blood pressure and protein in the mother's urine. Preeclampsia typically begins after the...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy (STDs)
When you are pregnant, many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be especially harmful to you and your baby. These STDs...
Reproductive health encompasses the beginning of menstruation for women, choosing the right birth control method for you and your...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Breastfeeding: Common Breastfeeding Challenges
Breastfeeding an infant can cause common challenges both for the mother an infant. Some challenges include sore nipples, low milk...
Pain Relief Options for Childbirth
Women experience and tolerate pain differently. For some pregnant women, focused breathing is all they need to get through labor...
Pregnancy: Swine Flu and the H1N1 Vaccine
Pregnant and women who are breastfeeding are encouraged to receive the seasonal flu shot as well as the 2009 H1N1 influenza...
Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
Breast cancer occurs in about 1 in every 1,000 pregnant women. Treatment of breast cancer during pregnancy involves surgery, but...
Local ResourcesFind a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- CA 125
- Root Canal
- Chemical Peel
- ELISA Tests
- HIV Testing
- Dental Crowns
- Pneumococcal Vaccination (Pneumonia Vaccine)
- Quad Marker Screening Test
- Alpha-Fetoprotein Blood Test
- Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding)
- Pregnancy: 7 Common Third Trimester Tests
- Labor and Delivery
- Radiation Therapy
- Pregnancy Test
- Pelvic Exam
- C-Section (Cesarean Birth)
- Vaccination FAQ
- Pregnancy Flu Shot Side Effects and Safety
- Childbirth Class Options
- Pregnancy: Birthing, Breastfeeding, and Parenting Classes
- Pregnancy: Prenatal Care and Tests
- Distended Stomach (Abdominal Distention)
- Bad Taste in the Mouth
- Lump or Mass on Gums
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Swollen Ankles and/or Swollen Feet
- Urinary Urgency
- Mood Swings
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain
- Pelvic Pain
- Painful Gums
- Increased Appetite
- Missed Menstrual Period
- Groin Pain
- Nipple Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Muscle Cramps
- Breast Pain
- Breast Discharge (Nipple Discharge)
- Bleeding Gums
- Swollen Breast
- Sore Throat (Pharyngitis)
- Bladder Spasms
- Decreased Appetite
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Early Pregnancy Symptoms FAQs
- Pregnancy Myths and Facts FAQs
- Listeriosis Incubation Period and Risk Factors
- Infertility Treatment: 7 Tips to Manage Stress
- How Do You Know if You Are Pregnant?
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Non-Polio Enterovirus Disease
- Signs of Cerebral Palsy
- Iron Deficiency Symptoms
- Why Am I So Tired? The Many Causes of Fatigue
- Characteristics of Female Sexual Satisfaction
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Infertility: Ten Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Infertility
- Is It a Boy or Girl? 6 Myths!
- Anemia During Pregnancy
- SIDS - Risk Factors and Prevention
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pregnancy
- Urinary Incontinence: More Common Than You Think
- Double Reproductive Organs
- Paternity Test
- Kidney Infection in Pregnancy
- Low Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Baby "Cured" of HIV Infection
- Influenza A (H3N2)v: What Goes Around Comes Around
- hCG Diet
- Ask The Experts: Women's Health
- Paxil & Pregnancy, Possibilty of Birth Defect
Medications & Supplements
- Birth Control Pills (List of Oral Contraceptives and Side Effects)
- folic acid (folate, vitamin B9, FA-8, Folacin, Folic Acid, GNC Folic Acid 400, and many more)
- Prenatal Vitamins (Side Effects and Types)
- montelukast, Singulair
- nalbuphine (Nubain)
- carboprost tromethamine (Hemabate)
- progesterone intravaginal gel (Crinone, Endometrin)
Prevention & Wellness
- Mom's Immune System May Affect Baby's Brain
- Do Women Really Need to Starve Themselves During Labor?
- Most Exercise, Hot Baths Should Be Safe During Pregnancy, Study Finds
- Here's to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Obamacare Helped More Young Women Get Prenatal Care: Study
- Preemies Get a Slow Start on Friendships
- As Newborn Syphilis Cases Rise, Maternal Screening Urged
- Fetal Alcohol Cases More Common Than Thought: Study
- Low-Carb Diets Boost Risk for Serious Birth Defects
- Zika Attacks Placentas of Pregnant Monkeys, Study Finds
- Health Tips: Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- 1 in 4 U.S. Stillbirths Might Be Prevented
- Morning Sickness Drug May Not Work: Study
- Health Tip: Why Women Need Folic Acid
- Acetaminophen in Pregnancy Tied to Language Delays -- in One Sex
- Conceiving Despite IUD Use Is Tied to Higher Odds for Pregnancy Complications
- Mom-to-Be's Immune Response May Trigger Zika Birth Defects
- More U.S. Women Obese Before Pregnancy, Experts Sound the Alarm
- Childbirth Deaths Declining in U.S., New Report Finds
- Don't Let Baby Weight Linger Between Pregnancies
- Cervical Device May Help Lower Preemie Birth Risk
- Embryo Frozen for 25 Years Results in Successful Birth
- Zika Babies Facing Increasing Health Problems With Age
- Mom-to-Be's High Blood Sugar May Raise Baby's Odds for Heart Defects
- Nearby Fracking Linked to Low Birth Weights
- Ritalin During Pregnancy May Raise Risk of Heart Defect in Baby
- Is Air Pollution a Threat to a Fetus?
- Moms' Soda Habit in Pregnancy May Boost Kids' Odds for Asthma
- If Mom Has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Baby May Develop It, Too
- When a Preemie Goes Home, Dad Stresses Out
- Do Heat Waves Shave Dollars Off a Baby's Future Earnings?
- Ban on Teflon Chemical Leads to Fewer Low-Weight Births in U.S.
- Diabetes, High Blood Pressure While Pregnant Spells Trouble Later On
- Sleeping on Side Reduces Stillbirth Risk: Study
- Hospital Midwives, Lower C-Section Rates?
- If Dad Has Depression, Kids Might Develop It, Too
- Weighing Too Much or Too Little When Pregnant Can Be Risky
- Acetaminophen in Pregnancy Tied to ADHD Risk in Kids
- Doctors Urged to Discuss Cord Blood Donations Early in Pregnancy
- Tiny Opioid Victims: Addicted Moms-to-Be Transmit Hepatitis C
- Breast Milk May Arrive Late for Obese New Moms
- Lying Down After an Epidural: A Smart Idea?
- Higher Doses of Vitamin D May Boost Preemies' Bone Health
- Is Blood Donated by Mothers Less Safe for Men?
- Talcum Powder/Ovarian Cancer Lawsuit Award Overturned
- Fertility Tests May Not Be Best Gauge of Your Biological Clock
- Prenatal Multivitamins Linked to Lower Autism Risk
- Protecting Preemies From Stress Might Improve Later Mental Health
- Helping Preemies Avoid Unnecessary Antibiotics
- Antibody Injections in Pregnancy Might Shield Fetus From Zika
- Same Pregnancy Meds Can Cost $200 -- or $11,000
- Whooping Cough Shot Works, But Many Moms-to-Be Skip It: CDC
- Study Questions Practice of Placenta Eating by New Moms
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Boost Child's Obesity Risk
- Heart-Lung Fitness Challenged in Early Full-Term Babies
- Nearly Half of the World's Abortions Are Unsafe
- Postpartum Depression Likely to Recur With Future Pregnancies
- More Teen Dads?
- IUD Won't Interfere With Breast-Feeding
- Premature Births Cost Health Plans Billions
- Early Onset of Pregnancy Complication May Raise Heart Risks
- Does Mother's Mental Health Affect Pregnancy?
- Is an Occasional Drink OK During Pregnancy?
- Breast-Feeding Linked to Lower Endometriosis Risk
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressants Tied to Kids' Psychiatric Woes
- Researchers Find Genes Linked to Preterm Birth
- Mom-to-Be's Cellphone May Not Harm Fetal Brain
- Suicide a Danger for Some Women During Pregnancy: Study
- 1 in 5 Moms Mum About Post-Pregnancy Blues
- Do Flame Retardants Hinder Infertility Treatments?
- Anti-Vaccine Family Members, Friends Spur Many Moms to Delay Baby's Shots
- Too Many Babies Still Placed on Stomach to Sleep: Study
- Zika May Not Last in Semen as Long as Thought
- 'Herd Immunity' May Be Curbing U.S. Zika Numbers
- Smoking on the Rise Among Pregnant Women With Depression
- Only About One-Third of Americans Use Condoms: CDC
- Preterm Birth Risk Spikes in Mothers With Sleep Disorders
- Prenatal Exposure to Certain Flame Retardants Linked to Lower IQs
- Sexually Transmitted Zika Case Confirmed in Florida
- Geneticists Repair Mutation in Human Embryo
- Is Infant Drug Withdrawal Likelier When Opioids Used With Psychiatric Drugs?
- Zika Probably Not Spread Through Saliva: Study
- Recent Flu Shot Shouldn't Prevent Vaccination During Pregnancy
- Women Who Gain Weight Between Babies at Higher Risk for Diabetes
- Opioid Addiction Treatment During Pregnancy Can be Safe
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program Cut by Trump
- Good Diet, Exercise While Pregnant Could Cut C-section Risk
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy Tied to Slight Increase in Autism
- Can Fetal Alcohol Damage Be Undone?
- Impaired Eyesight May Be First Sign of Zika Damage in Babies
- Asthma Control Essential in Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- Experimental Vaccines Might Shield Fetus From Zika
- No Sign That Antidepressants in Pregnancy Harm Kids' Brains: Study
- Does Stress Worsen Chemical Harms in Pregnancy?
- Breast-Feeding May Lower Risk of MS, Study Says
- Malaria Drug Protected Mouse Fetus From Zika: Study
- Do Moms Who Smoke in Pregnancy Raise Their Odds for a Troubled Teen?
- Pregnancy Complication Costs U.S. Billions
- Sugary Drinks in Pregnancy Tied to Heavier Kids Later
- Could a Sweet Tooth in Pregnancy Spur Allergies in Kids?
- Teen Birth Rate Drops Again to All-Time Low: CDC
- Many U.S. Teens Still Denied 'Morning After' Pill at Pharmacies
- Can an Aspirin a Day Keep a Pregnancy Complication Away?
- Tissue Testing Can Spot Zika at Birth: CDC
- Heart Disease: A Price Humans Pay for Fertility?
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Lower Heart, Stroke Risk for Mom
- Most U.S. Teens Aren't 'Doing It'
- Medical Costs Soar for U.S. Babies Born Addicted to Opioids
- Higher Pregnancy Weight Tied to Raised Odds for Birth Defects
- Fever During Pregnancy Tied to Autism in Study
- Less Invasive Procedure May Treat Fibroids Without Harming Fertility
- Birth Control Pills Recalled Due to Danger of Unintended Pregnancy
- Babies' Fascination With Faces May Start in the Womb
- Newborns Sickened With Legionnaire's Disease Via Home Water Birth: CDC
- 1 in 20 Pregnant Women Infected With Zika Have Babies With Birth Defects: CDC
- Antidepressants During Pregnancy Safe for Baby: Study
- Heart Risks to Fetus From Bipolar Drug May Be Lower Than Thought
- Pregnancy Weight Gain: Too Much or Too Little Is Unhealthy
- Just 10 Cigarettes During Pregnancy Can Harm Kids
- Baby Teeth Study Points to Links Between Autism, Lead Levels
- Pregnancy Doesn't Raise Odds for Breast Cancer's Return
- Health Tip: Bleeding Gums During Pregnancy?
- U.S. Teen Births Hit Historic Low: CDC
- Eye Problems May Be Tied to Zika, Lab Study Suggests
- U.S. Moms-to-Be Often Victims of Assault
- Stroke Risk Can Rise With Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Poverty Could Make Lupus Even Worse
- Century-Old Technique May Help Infertile Couples Conceive Without IVF
- As Temps Rise, Risk of Pregnancy Complication May Too
- Health Tip: Getting an X-Ray During Pregnancy
- Odds for C-Section May Depend on Hospital
- High Rates of Hepatitis C in Pregnancy Mirror Opioid Epidemic: CDC
- Zika Risk May Be Lower Than Thought for Some Pregnant Women
- Mom's Money Worries May Mean Smaller Baby
- Happy Mom Means Less Colicky Baby
- Some Antibiotics Linked to Miscarriage Risk
- Could Smoking in Pregnancy Affect a Grandkid's Autism Risk?
- Repeat Teen Births Still a Problem in United States: CDC
- Routine Tests Urged for Pregnancy Complication Preeclampsia
- 'Artificial Womb' Kept Premature Lambs Alive: Study
- Moms-to-Be Are Heeding Store Warnings About Alcohol
- Health Tip: Pregnant Women Need Omega-3 Fats
- Home Birth Safe for Some, But Not All, Women
- Progress Being Made Against Neglected Tropical Diseases: WHO
- How to Protect Yourself From Air Pollution
- U.S. Blood Supply Safe From Zika Virus, Officials Say
- Birth Defects Strike 1 in 10 U.S. Pregnancies Affected by Zika
- Obesity in Early Pregnancy May Raise Child's Risk of Epilepsy
- Vaccinating Pregnant Moms Protects Babies From Whooping Cough
- Got the HPV Vaccine Before You Knew You Were Pregnant? Don't Worry
- Cases of Zika-Linked Birth Defects Dropped in Brazil in 2016
- Study: Plenty of IV Fluids May Make Childbirth Safer, Easier
- Young Cancer Survivors Can Face Higher Risk of Pregnancy Complications
- Older Mothers May Raise Better-Behaved Kids, Study Suggests
- Smartphone Device Sizes Up Sperm Health
- No Evidence Fish Oil in Pregnancy Makes for Brainier Kids
- U.S. Sees Big Drop in Number of Babies Born With HIV
- For 'Preemies,' Human Touch May Be a Brain Booster
- Eating for Two Often Doesn't Translate Into a Healthier Diet
- Tests to Spot 'Preemie' Birth Risk Ineffective in First Pregnancies
- Sperm Donations Discouraged in 3 Florida Counties Due to Zika Fears
- Most Women Stop Drinking After Positive Pregnancy Test, Study Finds
- Obesity in Pregnancy Tied to Cerebral Palsy Risk in Kids
- More Folic Acid in Pregnancy May Protect Kids From High Blood Pressure
- Can Mom's Vitamin E Head Off Child's Asthma Risk?
- Risk of Birth Defects 20 Times Higher for Zika Moms: CDC
- Mildly Low Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Not a Threat: Study
- Antiviral Flu Drugs Safe in Mid-to-Late Pregnancy: Study
- Zika Infection Shrinks Testicles in Mice
- Little Weight Gain in Pregnancy Tied to Schizophrenia Risk in Kids: Study
- No, Your Cat Isn't a Threat to Your Mental Health
- Don't Punish Pregnant Women for Opioid Use, Docs Say
- Kids Born to Older Moms Score Higher on Thinking Tests
- Scientists Probe Zika's Devastating Effect on Pregnancy
- Hey Fellas, Depression Can Strike New Dads, Too
- Lingering Baby Weight? Don't Blame the Pregnancy
- More 'Extreme Preemies' Are Surviving
- Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes Poses Risks for Mom, Baby
- Does a Baby's Sex Affect Mom's Immunity During Pregnancy?
- Zika Lingers in Semen for Less Time Than Thought: Study
- Tiny Babies May Face Mental Health Problems Later
- The Motherlode of 'Mother Love' Chemicals
- Daily Aspirin May Help Prevent Some Recurrent Miscarriages
- Daylight Savings Time May Lower Chances of IVF Success for Some: Study
- Winning the Veggie Wars With Kids
- Obese Couples May Take Longer to Conceive
- Obstetric Complications Tied to Slightly Upped Risk for Autism
- Can Pregnancy Harm Your Heart?
- New Zika Vaccine Candidate Provides Powerful Protection
- 2.5 Million U.S. Women Have Condition That Can Cause Infertility
- Certain Bacteria May Affect Preterm Birth Risk
- Do Weekend Deliveries Pose Risks for Moms?
- Could the 'Mediterranean' Diet Help Prevent ADHD?
- Curbing Excess Weight Gain in Pregnancy May Not Lower Risk for Complications
- Should Pregnant Women Always Be Treated for Underactive Thyroid?
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- Gestational Diabetes a Risk Factor for Postpartum Depression: Study
- Three-Parent Baby Born to Infertile Couple
- U.S. Health Care Costs From Birth Defects Total Almost $23 Billion a Year
- Number of U.S. Women Taking Maternity Leave Is Unchanged Over Two Decades
- FDA Offers Guidance on Fish Intake for Kids, Pregnant Women
- MRIs Might Help Guide Preemies' Neurological Care
- Know the Risks, Warning Signs of Ovarian Cancer
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome a Global Problem: Report
- Steep Rise in Births to U.S. Women Using Opioids
- Kids Born to Opioid-Addicted Moms Seem to Fare Poorly in School
- Health Tip: Ward Off Infections During Pregnancy
- Doctors Describe First U.S. Case of Locally Acquired Zika in Pregnancy
- Could Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Blood Pressure Predict Baby's Gender?
- Pregnancy OK for Most Women With Congenital Heart Conditions: Report
- Brain Deficits in Preemies May Start Before Birth
- New Guidelines Reaffirm Prenatal Folic Acid to Curb Birth Defects
- Lower-Income Girls in U.S. Feel Unprepared for Puberty
- Are Heartburn Meds During Pregnancy Linked to Asthma in Kids?
- Study Casts Doubt on Long-Used Morning Sickness Drug
- Coping With Sleep Loss During Pregnancy
- Can Parents' Weight Hinder Toddlers' Development?
- Fish Oil During Pregnancy May Cut Kids' Asthma Risk
- Flu Shots Are Worth It
- Zika Fears, Opioid Abuse Crisis Top Health News for 2016
- Health Care Spending for U.S. Kids Jumped 56 Percent in Less Than 20 Years
- Diabetes Takes Biggest Bite Out of U.S. Health Care Spending
- Health Tip: Before Baby Arrives
- Delay in Clamping Umbilical Cord Benefits Babies, Doctors Say
- Mothers of Kids With Severe Birth Defects May Have Shorter Lives: Study
- Pot Use in Pregnancy on the Upswing, Study Finds
- Pregnancy May Spur 'Mothering' Changes in a Woman's Brain
- Pregnant Women Should Avoid Zika-Hit Texas Town: CDC
- MRI Helps Assess Fetal Brain Abnormalities: Study
- Products With Powdered Milk Recalled Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination
- Birth Defects From Zika More Far-Reaching Than Thought
- Women Denied an Abortion Endure Mental Health Toll: Study
- FDA Issues Anesthesia Warning for Pregnant Women, Kids Under 3
- Study Shows How Zika Attacks Infant Brain
- Health Tip: Avoid Useless Calories During Pregnancy
- Ohio Governor Signs Bill Banning Abortions at 20 Weeks
- Rural Hospitals See Surge in Opioid-Dependent Babies
- Zika-Linked Birth Defects Surge in Colombia: CDC
- 'Kangaroo Mother Care' May Improve Preemies' Lives Into Adulthood
- More Pregnant Women Getting Flu Shot, But Improvement Needed
- Could Low Vitamin D Levels at Birth Mean Higher MS Risk?
- First Case of Zika-Linked Glaucoma Diagnosed in Infant
- Texas Reports 1st Likely Case of Local Zika Infection
- Zika Babies May Look Normal at Birth, Display Brain Defects Later: CDC
- 1 in 7 Young Teens Is a Stalking Victim: Survey
- Imaging Studies Shed Light on Zika's Effects
- Do Women Who Have Kids Later Live Longer?
- FDA Explains Pros, Cons of Permanent Birth Control
- Moms' Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to Epilepsy Risk in Kids
- Online Calculator May Help Couples Predict Fertility Rx Success
- Women at Greater Risk Than Men for Zika Infection: Study
- Tracking Blood Sugar in Pregnancy Might Lower Heart Defect Risk for Baby
- New Moms Get No Iron Boost From Eating Placenta: Study
- Too Much Iron Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Blood Test May Spot Babies at Risk for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Premature Calcium Deposits May Trigger Premature Births: Study
- Self-Harm a Cause of Death During Pregnancy and for New Moms
- Urine Samples May Yield Clues to Fetal Health
- Common Vaccine Safe for Mother, Fetus
- U.S. Premature Births Rise for 1st Time in 8 Years
- Be Alert for PTSD After Pregnancy Loss
- Every Day in the Womb Boosts Babies' Brain Development: Study
- Male Birth Control in a Shot: Promising, But More Work Needed
- Health Tip: Sleeping When You're Pregnant
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Lower Risk of Pregnancy Complications
- Less Labor Pain, Lower Postpartum Depression Risk?
- Mouse Study Hints at Damage Zika May Cause to Adult Brain
- Pregnancy May Boost Stroke Risk in Younger Women: Study
- Birthing Pool Not the Place to Deliver, New Guidelines Say
- Zika Testing for All Pregnant Women Who Have Been in Florida County: CDC
- Sleep Can Affect Male Fertility
- Having Baby Too Soon After Weight-Loss Surgery May Raise Risks
- CDC Updates Spending Plans to Combat Zika
- Scientists Map DNA of Zika Virus From Semen
- Florida Officials Announce New Zika Zone in Miami
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressant Use May Be Tied to Speech Issues in Child
- Zika Virus Can Damage Fetal Brain Late in Pregnancy: Study
- Exercise Typically Healthy During Pregnancy, Olympic Panel Says
- How to Prepare Your Child for a New Brother or Sister
- Chronic Disease in Mom May Be Linked to Newborns' Heart Disease
- Even Incomplete Steroid Treatment Helps Preemies: Study
- DEET Repellents Safe in Pregnancy to Prevent Zika, Researchers Say
- Prenatal Factors May Raise Child's Risk for OCD
- Males Conceived Via Fertility Treatment May Have Weakened Sperm: Study
- Doctors Perform 1st U.S. Living-Donor Uterine Transplant
- C-Section Raises Risk of Blood Clots After Childbirth: Review
- Zika Causes Widespread Damage to Fetal Brain
- CDC: Pregnant Women Should Avoid Southeast Asia Due to Zika
- Scientists ID Key Fetal Cells Vulnerable to Zika
- U.S. Teen Births Hit Another Record Low: CDC
- Babies With Cleft Lip Likely to Have Normal Adulthood: Study
- Is Morning Sickness a Good Thing?
- Can Pregnancy Problems Foretell Future Health Risks?
- Gastric Bypass May Bring Infant Nutrition Deficits
- Insecticide Spraying Working Against Florida's Zika Mosquitoes: Officials
- Can Stress Lower a Woman's Fertility?
- H1N1 'Swine Flu' Vaccine Unlikely to Raise Birth Defect Risk
- Tourette Threat Surges for Babies When Mom Smokes in Pregnancy
- CDC May Lift Zika Travel Advisory for Miami Neighborhood
- Extreme Preemies May Be at Risk for High Blood Pressure as Adults
- Is Summer Peak Time for Diabetes Tied to Pregnancy?
- Monkey Study Shows How Zika May Harm Baby's Brain Development
- Many Teens Give Sex Ed a Failing Grade
- Diabetes During Pregnancy Could Pose Harm to Baby
- For Teens With Leukemia, Pregnancy Tests Often Neglected
- Excess Pre-Pregnancy Weight May Slightly Raise Baby's Cerebral Palsy Risk
- Delivering Twins at 37 Weeks May Help Prevent Stillbirths
- Cesarean Birth Linked to Risk of Obesity in Childhood
- MRIs Safe During First Months of Pregnancy: Study
- Strong Link Emerges Between Zika, Spikes in Temporary Paralysis Cases
- Newer Epilepsy Drugs May Be Safer During Pregnancy
- 3 Zika-Carrying Mosquitoes Found in Florida
- Funds to Fight Zika Nearly Exhausted: CDC
- Researchers Find Another Way Zika Can Harm Babies
- 3 Steps to Lower a Woman's Risk of Premature Birth
- 3 Drugs Identified to Potentially Fight Zika Virus
- Heart Birth Defects Dropped After Folic Acid Was Added to Food
- Just Spraying Adult Mosquitoes Won't Curb Zika: Study
- Sex Partner With No Zika Symptoms Transmits Virus: CDC
- New Case of Local Zika Infection Reported in Florida
- Animal Research Yields Clues to Sexual Spread of Zika
- Autism-Linked Genes Often Differ Between Siblings
- 'Pretend Mommy' Program Doesn't Deter Teen Pregnancy
- Season of Conception May Affect Fetal Brain Growth
- Zika May Persist for Months in Newborns, Study Shows
- Could Weight-Loss Surgery Boost Odds of Preemie Birth?
- Music Therapy Helps Preemie Babies Thrive
- Scans Show Range of Zika-Linked Infant Brain Defects
- Five More Cases of Local Zika Infection Reported in Florida
- Health Tip: Losing Hair After Pregnancy
- Five Local Zika Cases Reported in Miami Beach
- CDC Advises Pregnant Women to Avoid Miami Beach Due to Zika
- New Moms' Hair Loss Usually Temporary, Expert Says
- Acetaminophen and Pregnancy: Bad Mix?
- Acetaminophen During Pregnancy May Up Risk of ADHD in Kids
- White House Transfers $81M to Continue Zika Vaccine Research
- Steep Rise in U.S. Babies Born to Opioid-Addicted Mothers
- New Zika Threat to Babies: Late-Onset Microcephaly
- 4 More Cases of Local Zika Infection Reported in Miami Area
- Frozen Embryos May Boost Pregnancy Odds for Some Women
- What Mom-to-Be Eats Determines Bugs in Baby's Gut: Study
- Zika May Have Caused Death of Texas Newborn
- Zika Linked to Deformed Limbs in Newborns
- U.S. Maternal Death Rate Is Rising
- Officials: Aerial Spraying Working Against Miami Mosquitoes
- 3 Zika Vaccines Effective in Monkeys
- Vitamin D Levels May Fall When Women Stop Taking Birth Control
- Half of U.S. Women Weigh Too Much Before Getting Pregnant
- U.S. Launches Early Trial of Zika Vaccine
- CDC Awards $16M in Fight Against Zika
- Miami's Zika Infections Up to 14: Officials
- Pregnancy Problems More Likely With Baby Boys, Study Suggests
- Almost 3 in 10 Women Get Pregnant Naturally After Fertility Treatments
- Florida Investigates 2 More Possible Cases of Zika Virus Local Transmission
- Timing Conception Might Help Reduce Zika Risk in Affected Areas
- Exercise May Keep Diabetes in Check During Pregnancy
- Zika Now Tied to Miscarriage
- Quitting Smoking While Pregnant: What Works
- Health Tip: Choosing a Pregnancy Pillow
- CDC Updates Zika Guidelines for Pregnant Women
- 1.6 Million Child-Bearing Women in Latin America Could Get Zika: Study
- Induced Labor Won't Raise Autism Risk in Kids, Research Suggests
- Health Tip: Hormones Can Affect Women's Dental Health
- Put Birth Control in Place Right After Childbirth
- Florida Investigates 2nd Possible Local Transmission of Zika Virus
- Florida Investigates Possible Local Transmission of Zika Virus
- IVF Won't Raise Risk for Breast Cancer
- New Clues to Zika's Threat to Fetus, and How to Stop It
- Is There a New Way to Get Zika?
- Latin America Zika Outbreak Should 'Burn Out' Within 3 Years, Scientists Say
- U.S. Cases of Drug-Resistant Gonorrhea Rise Fourfold in One Year
- If 1st Baby's Early, 2nd Will Be Too: Study
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Under-Reported
- U.S. Army, French Drugmaker to Join Forces on Zika Vaccine
- Pregnancy Flu Shot Protects Newborn for 8 Weeks: Study
- Zika Brain Damage May Occur in Babies With Normal-Sized Heads
- Zika Infection May Give Future Immunity, Monkey Study Suggests
- Blood Pressure Problems During Pregnancy, Heart Trouble Later?
- Abortion Rates Rising in Zika-Affected Countries, Study Shows
- Zika's Delivery Via Mosquito Bite May Boost Its Effect
- CDC Reports Six Cases of Birth Defects Caused by Zika
- Folic Acid Now Added to Corn Masa Flour: FDA
- Timing of Zika Infection in Pregnancy May Be Key to Birth Defect Risk
- Top 5 Costly Inpatient Conditions for Hospitals
- Zika Could Spread in Southern Europe This Summer
- Couples Living in Zika Areas Should Delay Pregnancy, WHO Advises
- Kids Gain From More 'Dad Time'
- No Sex Please, I'm a Stressed New Mom
- Upside of Late Delivery: Possible Brain Boost?
- Report Hints Zika Can Spread Through Oral Sex
- Zika Infections Through Sex More Common Than Thought: WHO
- Girl With Zika Birth Defect Born at New Jersey Hospital
- Pot While Pregnant May Raise Premature Birth Risk: Study
- Air Pollution Tied to Stillbirth in Small Study
- Whooping Cough Shot Safe for Pregnant Women
- Cases of Pregnant U.S. Women With Zika Triple Under New Counting Method
- Health Tip: Caring For Your Teeth During Pregnancy
- Folic Acid for Moms-to-Be Not as Effective as Thought?
- Pain, Epilepsy Drug Lyrica May Increase Birth Defects Risk, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Watch Medication Use During Pregnancy
- Dad's Role in Baby's Health Larger Than Thought?
- Many Fertility Apps, Websites Miss the Mark
- Gestational Diabetes May Lead to More Body Fat on Babies
- Zika Symptoms May Vary, So Testing Is Crucial
- Too Much Folic Acid in Pregnancy Tied to Raised Autism Risk in Study
- Baby's Immune System Might Hint at Autism Risk
- If 1 in 10 U.S. Smokers Quits, $63 Billion Saved
- Artificial Sweeteners During Pregnancy May Make for Heavier Infants
- Targeted Drug-Delivery System May Treat Pregnancy Complications
- Child's Obesity Tied to Mom's Pregnancy Weight: Study
- Study Links Excess Pre-Pregnancy Weight, Smoking to Heavy Kids
- Zika Destroys Fetal Brain Cells, Lab Study Finds
- 5 Tips for New Moms
- With Zika at the Doorstep, U.S. Health Officials Brace for Battle
- What You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
- Some Teen Girls Coerced Into Pregnancy: Study
- Study Suggests Aerial Pesticide Spraying Tied to Higher Autism Rates
- Expectant Mom's Flu Shot Protects 2
- Study Suggests Aerial Pesticide Spraying Tied to Higher Autism Rates
- Two Genes May Raise Odds for Fraternal Twin Pregnancies
- Mild Air Pollution of Concern in Pregnancy
- Teen Birth Rate at Record Low in U.S.
- Kids of Older Moms May Have a Leg Up on Their Peers
- Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Weight May Help Predict Child's Size
- Births of Triplets, Quadruplets on Decline in U.S.: Report
- Drug for Yeast Infections May Raise Miscarriage Risk, FDA Warns
- Contraception Safety Program for Acne Drug Failing in Canada
- Businesses Should Be Mindful of Zika Danger to Workers, CDC Says
- Health Tip: How You Change During Early Pregnancy
- After Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes, Healthy Diet May Ease Blood Pressure
- U.S. Health Experts Debate Advice to Women Once Zika Virus Arrives
- CDC: Zika Virus Definitely Causes Microcephaly
- Health Tip: Why Are Some Babies Born Bigger?
- Life-Saving Health Care in Poor Nations Would Cost $5 Per Person: Study
- Zika May Be Linked to Autoimmune Brain Disorder, Study Says
- Mom's Obesity, Diabetes May Spur Fetus to Grow Too Fast
- Study Sees No Link Between Common Epilepsy Drug, Certain Birth Defects
- Short Gap Between Pregnancies Tied to Higher Autism Risk?
- Caring for Baby's Teeth Starts Before Birth
- Pot Use During Pregnancy Tied to Low Birth Weight Babies
- Smoking During Pregnancy Seems to Alter Fetal DNA, Study Finds
- Study Explores Mechanism Between Zika Virus, Birth Defects
- FDA Approves Experimental Zika Test for Blood Donations
- FDA Eases Restrictions on Abortion Medication
- Flu Shot Might Cut Stillbirth Risk
- Many Americans Misinformed About Zika Virus
- Preterm Births Tied to Smog Cost U.S. Billions
- Caffeine Intake -- Even Dad's -- Linked to Miscarriage, Study Says
- CDC Sets New Guidelines on Sex After Zika Exposure
- Couples Exposed to Zika Should Wait on Pregnancy
- Male Birth Control: More Options Soon?
- Gene Analysis Pinpoints Zika's Arrival in the Americas
- Women Who Survive Childhood Cancer Stand Good Chance of Having Kids: Study
- More U.S. Women Delivering Babies at Home or Birth Centers
- 'Love Hormone' Levels in Pregnancy May Point to Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Pre-Pregnancy Stress May Affect Baby's Size
- FDA Orders Warning Labels on Prescription Narcotic Painkillers
- Antibiotics Don't Boost Baby's Weight: Study
- Health Tip: Getting Enough Calories During Pregnancy
- Scientists Pick U.S. Cities Where Zika Might Hit This Summer
- Drug Used for Preemie Eye Disease Tied to Disabilities
- Anxiety, Depression May Reduce Women's Success With IVF: Study
- Mom's Weight, Blood Sugar Levels May Affect Newborn's Size
- Repeat C-Section May Have No Long-Term Health Risk for Baby
- Scientists Assess Risk to Pregnant Women Infected With Zika
- Condom Use Falls When Teen Girls Opt for IUDs vs. The Pill
- Pregnant Puerto Ricans Fearful of Zika
- Severe Migraines Linked to Complications During Pregnancy, Childbirth
- In Zika Fight, FDA Gives Tentative OK to Tests of Gene-Modified Mosquito
- Fight Turns Personal for a Man at War With Zika
- Zika Poses Serious Threat to Puerto Rico: U.S. Health Officials
- Woman Who Had 1st U.S. Uterus Transplant Loses the Organ Due to Complication
- Another Neurological Disorder Tied to Zika
- Combo Treatment Protects Pregnant Women, Fetuses From Malaria in Study
- WHO: Pregnant Women Shouldn't Travel to Zika Areas
- Lack of Stem Cells May Be Key to Repeat Miscarriages
- Uterus Transplant Recipient: Operation ‘A Gift'
- Low Prenatal Vitamin D Linked to Later MS in Offspring
- Safe Treatments Available for Expectant Moms' Skin Conditions
- Steep Decline in Unintended Pregnancies in U.S., Study Finds
- Inducing Labor May Not Boost C-Section Risk
- Vitamin D While Pregnant Won't Boost Most Infants' Bone Health, Study Says
- FDA Orders 'Black Box' Warning Label on Essure Long-Acting Contraceptive
- Traffic Pollution Tied to Preterm Birth Risk for Asthmatic Women
- Surgeons Perform First U.S. Uterus Transplant
- Urinary Incontinence Risk Rises Slightly After Vaginal Birth, Study Finds
- Zika Found in 9 U.S. Pregnancies, Outcomes Often Severe: CDC
- Pregnant Travelers, Tough Choices on Zika Testing
- Report Suggests Zika's Effect on Fetus May Be Even Deadlier Than Thought
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- Health Tip: Prepping for Pregnancy
- 'Preemie' Babies May Face Long-Term Anesthesia Risks
- Prenatal Use of HIV Drug May Slow Child's Development Slightly
- Heart Irregularities May Be Linked to Pregnancy Complication
- Risk of Preemie Birth May Rise for Depressed Parents-to-Be
- Prenatal Diet Rich in Vitamin D May Cut Allergy Risk in Kids: Study
- Pregnancy After 40 May Boost Risk of 'Bleeding' Stroke Later: Study
- Lots of Fish in Pregnancy Tied to Higher Obesity Risk in Kids
- WHO: Neurological Disorder on the Rise in Zika Zones
- Neanderthal DNA May Play Role in Modern Human Health
- CDC Offering Zika Virus Tests for Pregnant Women
- Researchers Probe Colombia's Claim of No Birth Defects Linked to Zika
- Women With Asthma May Be Prone to Fertility Problems: Study
- Prenatal Acetaminophen Use Tied to Higher Asthma Risk in Kids: Study
- Pregnant Women Benefit From Tamiflu at First Sign of Flu: Study
- U.S. Officials: Zika Focus Is on Pregnant Women
- Record Heat, Drought May Explain Zika Outbreak in Brazil: Research
- Health Tip: Protect Against Group B Strep During Pregnancy
- Too Much, Too Little Sleep During Pregnancy May Prompt Weight Gain
- CDC Adds New Zika Warning for Pregnant Women and Their Sex Partners
- Red Cross Takes Steps to Keep Zika Virus Out of Blood Supply
- Diabetes Drug May Not Help Obese Women Have Normal-Weight Babies
- Steroids Might Help More Than Just Very Premature Babies: Study
- Zika and Microcephaly: How Doctors Made the Link
- Millions of Pregnant Women Put Their Babies at Risk With Alcohol: CDC
- Babies Born Late May Be at Risk for Complications: Study
- Texas Health Officials Report Sexually Transmitted Case of Zika Virus
- Could C-Section Baby Benefit From Mom's Vaginal Fluids?
- Study: Small Bump in Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Might Harm Baby
- U.S. Weighs Changes to Blood Donations in Response to Zika Virus Outbreak
- Mistakes During Delivery Rarely Cause Newborn Brain Damage, Study Contends
- Air Pollution Linked to Risk of Preterm Birth
- Zika Vaccine Efforts Get Boost From Prior Research
- Study Links Diabetes, Obesity in Moms-to-Be to Higher Autism Risk in Kids
- As Zika Virus Spreads, Doctors Try to Calm Fears
- Prenatal Antidepressant Use Not Linked to Infant Heart Defects: Study
- Depression Screening Should Include All Pregnant, Postpartum Women: Panel
- Prenatal Vitamin D Supplements May Not Lower Baby's Asthma Risk: Study
- CDC Broadens Zika Virus Travel Alert for Pregnant Women
- Zika Virus Expected to Spread North Through U.S.: WHO
- Obstetricians' Group Urges Docs to Help Support Breast-Feeding
- U.S. Ob-Gyn Group Supports Zika Virus Travel Precautions
- Obesity Before Pregnancy Tied to Raised Risk of Newborn Death
- Rate of Severe Stomach Birth Defect Doubled Over Two Decades: CDC
- During Pregnancy, Skin Cancer May Be Deadlier: Study
- More Evidence Preterm Birth Could Raise Autism Risk
- Stillbirths Still Too Common Worldwide
- Average Age of First-Time Moms in U.S. Still Rising: CDC
- Having More Kids May Slow Mom's Aging, Study Says
- Pre-Pregnancy Potato Consumption Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Spike in Newborn Drug-Withdrawal Tied to Prenatal Painkiller Use
- Infant Delivery and Feeding Methods Can Affect Gut Composition
- Zika Virus: What You Should Know
- Blood Test May Help Rule Out Pregnancy Complication: Study
- No Link Between 'the Pill' and Birth Defects: Study
- Antifungal for Yeast Infections Tied to Miscarriage Risk
- Study Ties Autism Risk to Prenatal Exposure to Asthma Drugs
- Kids Born Through IVF Show No Higher Risk for Developmental Delays: Study
- Study Links Home Births to Slightly Higher Infant Death Risk
- Study: Extremely Premature Babies at Greater Risk for Autism
- The Younger the Mother, the Worse Her Health at Midlife: Study
- More IVF Tries Improve Odds of Having a Baby
- Hormone Therapy Safely Helps Preserve Fertility for Breast Cancer Patients: Study
- U.S. Births Up, Teen and Preterm Deliveries Down: CDC
- Should You Be Taking Aspirin Daily?
- Home Births May Be Safe for 'Low-Risk' Pregnancies: Study
- Study Touts Benefits of Group Prenatal Care
- Girls Given Risky Meds Don't Get Contraceptive Advice
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy May Raise Autism Risk, Study Suggests
- Abuse of Prescription Painkillers, Stimulants Ups Sexual Risks for Teens
- U.S. Abortion Rate Hits Record Low: CDC
- CDC: Too Few Schools Teach Prevention of HIV, STDs, Pregnancy
- Mom-to-Be's Smoking Tied to Poorer Fitness in Sons
- Diabetes or Obesity During Pregnancy May Affect Fetal Heart: Study
- Could an Obese Dad's Sperm Pass Traits to His Kids?
- Weight Gain Between Pregnancies May Affect Infant Survival
- Delayed Clamping of Umbilical Cord May Be Better for Preemies
- SIDS Risk Depends on More Than 'Sleeping Environment'
- Crave Coffee Too Much? Talk Therapy May Help
- Higher Cigarette Taxes Tied to Fewer Infant Deaths
- Women Starting to Match Men's Drinking Habits, Study Finds
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Breast-Feeding May Cut Risk of Type 2 Diabetes for Some Women
- Too Many Pregnant Women Gain Too Much Weight: Doctors' Group
- Caffeine in Pregnancy May Not Harm Baby's IQ, Study Finds
- Rare Nervous System Disorder Can Put Pregnancy at Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- First Uterus Transplant Planned in U.S.
- Sharp Increase in U.S. Babies Born With Syphilis: CDC
- Chemical Exposure During Pregnancy Linked to Excess Weight in Kids
- Gentle Yoga Safe in Late Pregnancy, Small Study Suggests
- Pregnant and Got the Blues? Get More Exercise to Protect Your Health
- Many U.S. Women Gain Too Much Weight While Pregnant: Study
- Race Gap in Life Expectancy Is Narrowing: U.S. Study
- U.S. Gets a 'C' Grade on Preterm Births
- Teens Do Listen to Parents' Advice About Sex: Study
- More Belly Fat in First Trimester Linked to Diabetes Risk Later in Pregnancy
- Study Sees No Link Between Antibiotics in Early Pregnancy and Birth Defects
- Giving Birth, Breast-feeding May Help Women's Long-Term Health
- Breast Milk Makeup May Influence Child's Later Weight, Study Says
- Doctors Can Fine-Tune Estimates of Delivery Dates, Study Finds
- Light Meal During Labor May Be Safe for Most Women: Study
- Secondhand Smoke in Infancy May Harm Kids' Teeth
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Tied to Newborn Heart Defects
- Good Results From IVF Egg Donors Over Age 35
- Study Says Tdap Vaccine Safe During Pregnancy
- Technique Could Preserve Fertility for Wounded Soldiers
- Study Challenges Theory That Birth Order Determines Personality
- Kids More Likely to Be Overweight If Mom Gains Too Much in Pregnancy or After
- No Amount of Alcohol Safe During Pregnancy, Doctors Say
- Exercise May Help Prevent Pregnancy-Linked Pelvic Pain
- Infant Heart Defect May Be Linked to Pre-Diabetic Sugar Levels in Pregnancy
- Cesarean Delivery Won't Harm Kids' Health: Study
- Summer Babies May Be Healthier Adults
- Common Gene Variant May Raise Miscarriage Risk, Study Finds
- Infants Born to Drug-Abusing Mothers Often Readmitted to Hospital
- Doctors Use 3D Printing to Safeguard Baby Before Birth
- Climate Change May Lead to Low Newborn Weights in Poorer Nations
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Behavior Issues in Kids
- Health Tip: Stay Fit and Healthy During Pregnancy
- Blood Tests May Predict Pregnancy Risks for Women With Lupus
- Kids May Be More Likely to Get Asthma if Grandma Smoked While Pregnant: Study
- Cancer Treatment Should Proceed for Pregnant Women: Study
- Exposure to BPA in Pregnancy Tied to Low Birth Weight in Girls: Study
- 10 Percent of U.S. Women Drink During Pregnancy: Study
- Later Umbilical Cord Clamping May Help Smallest Preemies
- FAQ: Pregnancy Complications and Your Heart
- Pregnancy Complications May Be Linked to Later Heart Disease
- 'Preemie' Birth Linked to Less Wealth, Education in Adulthood
- 'Organic Pollutants' Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Health Tip: Pregnancy Affects Dental Health
- Pregnancy Intervals May Affect Autism Risk, Study Suggests
- Flu Shot a Must for Moms-to-Be
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Better Emotion Perception in Some Infants
- Death Rate for Extremely Premature Infants Largely Unchanged
- Survival Rates Improve for Extreme 'Preemie' Babies
- Siblings Now Main Source of Infants' Whooping Cough: CDC
- New Guidelines Call for Kids, Health Care Workers to Get Flu Shots
- X-Rays, Other Scans Generally Safe in Pregnancy: Report
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy, Youth Tied to Irregular Heartbeat Years Later
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy May Reappear Later in Life: Study
- Obesity May Be Linked to Greater Risk of Stillbirth
- Mom's Healthy Diet Linked to Lower Heart Defect Risk at Birth
- Family Doctor Can Safely Assist Many Births
- Brief Drop in Blood Sugar at Birth Tied to Poorer School Performance
- ADHD Risk Rises for Each Week a Preemie Is Born Early
- Breast-Feeding May Pass Common Chemical to Baby, Study Shows
- Severe Headache During Pregnancy May Signal Trouble
- Ob-Gyn Group Advises on Spotting Dangerous Pregnancy Complication
- Shorter Women, Higher Odds for Preterm Birth?
- Are Vaginal Germs Linked to Preemie Birth?
- Antidepressants During Pregnancy Have Benefits, Risks: Study
- Harvesting Eggs Earlier May Boost Older Women's Pregnancy Chances
- Prescription Meds: Too Common in Pregnancy?
- Boy, Girl Newborns Show Spinal Differences: Study
- U.S. Infant Deaths At Lowest Rate Ever: CDC
- Weight at First Pregnancy Linked to Complications Next Time
- Childhood Stress Might Raise a Woman's Risk for Preterm Birth
- Early Birth Linked to Introversion, Neuroticism in Adult Life
- Stillbirths Now Outnumber Infant Deaths in U.S.
- Prenatal Gene Tests Can Sometimes Spot Cancer in Mom-to-Be
- Cost of Hospital Birth Varies by Nearly $10,000 Across U.S.
- Diabetes Drug Given to Obese Moms-to-Be Won't Keep Baby's Weight Down
- Genetic Test May Help Spot Male Fertility Problems
- Another Study Sees Link Between Antidepressants and Birth Defects
- Epilepsy Linked to Risks During Childbirth, Study Finds
- Umbilical Cord 'Milking' May Help Preemies Delivered by C-Section
- Obese Teens Less Likely to Use Birth Control
- Smoking Around Toddlers May Raise Their Obesity Risk
- One Stillbirth Greatly Raises Odds for Another: Study
- Doctors Should Urge Against Pot Use During Pregnancy: Guidelines
- Pregnancy Results Good for Women With Controlled Lupus: Study
- Pregnancy May Conceal Ebola
- Pesticide Used Decades Ago May Raise Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- U.S. Birth Rate Records First Rise in 7 Years
- D & C Procedures May Raise Risk of Preterm Birth: Study
- Can You Take Antidepressants While Pregnant?
- Exercise Can Cut Risk of Pregnancy-Related Diabetes: Study
- Fetal DNA Test May Also Help Spot Mom's Cancer, Study Finds
- New Moms Gain No Benefit From Eating Placenta, Studies Show
- Pregnancy Often Leads to Changes in Migraines
- 'Fracking' Linked to Low Birth Weight Babies
- Fewer Young Men Fathering Children Outside of Marriage: CDC
- Risk to Baby From Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Is Small, Study Says
- BPA in Canned Foods Less Common, but Still There
- First Part of Ejaculate May Be Primed for Conception
- More Babies Born to Mothers Addicted to Pain Meds
- Baby's Gender May Influence Mom's Diabetes Risk
- Single Moms Report Poorer Health Later in Life
- Pregnancy Doesn't Make General Surgery More Dangerous: Study
- New Moms' Codeine Use Down Since Health Warnings
- Expectant Mothers' Lifestyle May Influence Child's Later Weight
- Miscarriage Misunderstood, Often Leaves Women With Guilt
- Many Americans Under 50 Living With Cold Sore Virus
- Morning, Midday Most Common Time for Babies' Arrival, Study Finds
- Many Women Unaware of Female-Specific Stroke Symptoms
- Health Tip: Sleep Better During Pregnancy
- Preemie Girls Feed Sooner Than Boys, Study Finds
- Does Mom's Cellphone Startle the Fetus?
- U.S. Birth Rate Hovers at All-Time Low, CDC Reports
- It's a Girl: Kate Delivers a Healthy Princess
- Unsupervised Home Births on the Rise: Study
- Many Pregnant Women Think E-Cigarettes 'Safer' Than Regular Cigarettes
- Moms' Pre-Pregnancy Obesity Tied to ADHD, Other Issues in Kids
- C-Section Rates Drop Slightly With Hospital Review Program
- Beijing Olympics Study Hints at Smog's Impact on Birth Weights
- More U.S. Newborns Enduring Drug Withdrawal: Study
- Pediatricians Issue New Guidelines for Hospital Release of Newborns
- Health Tip: Needing Folic Acid
- Is Gestational Diabetes Linked to Autism?
- Health Tip: Using Insect Repellent
- Narcotic Painkillers in Pregnancy Common, Harmful to Baby: Study
- Women Born Early at Greater Risk of Delivering Preemies, Study Suggests
- Placenta Test Measures Babies' Exposure to Arsenic
- Teen Use of Long-Term Contraception Rising, But Remains Low
- Young Parents, Doubled ADHD Risk for Child?
- Newer Test for Down Syndrome Called 'Major Advance'
- Benefits of Iron Supplements Unclear for Pregnant Women, Young Children
- Gestational Diabetes Drug Might Raise Babies' Complication Risk
- Equal Numbers of Males, Females Are Conceived: Study
- E-Cigarettes May Pose a Risk in Pregnancy and to Children
- Kidney Dialysis Increasing for Pregnant Women
- Prenatal Exposure to Pollutants May Spell Trouble for Kids
- Fetal Faces Seem to React to Mom's Smoking
- Evolution May Explain Why a Curvy Bottom Drives Men Wild
- IVF Kids May Have Higher Odds of Autism, Study Finds
- 2 Factors Greatly Boost New Moms' Odds of Type 2 Diabetes
- Yoga May Help Ease Depression in Pregnant Women
- Breast-Fed Babies May Be Smarter, Richer Adults, Study Suggests
- Kidney Disease Can Pose Problems During Pregnancy, Study Warns
- Pregnancy Weight Has Lasting Effect on Child, Study Finds
- Many Women Gain Too Much Weight While Pregnant, Study Finds
- Study Suggests Link Between Adult Diabetes, Exposure to Smoke in Womb
- Depression During Pregnancy Linked to Child's Asthma Risk
- Painkiller-Addicted Babies a Growing U.S. Concern, Especially in Fla.
- 3-Parent In Vitro Fertilization: FAQ
- In Vitro Births Continue to Rise in U.S.
- 1 in 5 Preemies With Lung Disease Exposed to Secondhand Smoke
- Doctors Often Yield to Parents' Requests to Delay Kids' Vaccines
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Lower Some Pregnancy Complications, Raise Others
- U.K. Approves '3-Parent Babies'
- Sound of Mother's Voice in Womb May Aid Fetal Brain Growth
- Smoking During Pregnancy May Raise Diabetes Risk for Daughters: Study
- Big Increase Seen in Babies Born Addicted to Narcotics
- No Link Seen Between Oxytocin-Assisted Labor and ADHD
- Preterm Delivery Linked to Heart Disease, Stroke Risk in Mothers
- Preemies More Likely to Have Asthma, Study Finds
- IUDs, Contraceptive Implants Work Longer Than Thought, Researchers Report
- Sexual Pain Common After Childbirth, Study Finds
- U.K. Moves Closer to 3-Parent Babies
- Modern Birth Control Methods Could Avoid 15 Million Unwanted Pregnancies: Report
- Certain Genes in Babies May Up Preterm Birth Risk
- Timing of Kidney Transplants Doesn't Affect Pregnancy Chances
- Health Tip: Managing Swelling During Pregnancy
- Flame Retardants May Raise Risk of Preterm Births, Study Finds
- Do Pregnant Women Need High Blood Pressure Treatment?
- It Pays for Moms-to-Be to Stop Smoking
- Could Premature Birth Affect Adult Relationships, Self-Esteem?
- Thyroid Trouble May Harm Women's Fertility, Study Finds
- A Son's Struggles and Triumphs After Premature Birth
- Genes May Not Explain Autism That Runs in Families
- Troubled Boys, Girls Have Sex Earlier, Study Finds
- Many Women of Childbearing Age Take Narcotic Painkillers: CDC
- Could Nutrients in Fish Shield Fetus From Mercury's Harms?
- More Extreme Preemies Are Surviving, Study Finds
- Use of Male IVF Procedure Doubled in the Past Decade
- Better Outcomes for Children Born With Fertility Treatments
- U.S. Birth Rate Continues Decline, CDC Reports
- Neural Tube Defects, Such as Spina Bifida, on the Decline: CDC
- Episiotomies on the Decline for U.S. Births
- Health Tip: What to Avoid During Pregnancy
- Low Vitamin D Levels Linked to Risk of Preterm Birth in Study
- Sleeping on Back in Pregnancy Tied to Stillbirth Risk in Study
- Study Reinforces Link Between Low Birth Weight, Diabetes Risk
- Fertility Treatments Have Low Complication Rates, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Easing Heartburn During Pregnancy
- More Children in the U.S. Are Getting Type 1 Diabetes
- Expectant Dads May Also Have Hormonal Changes, Study Suggests
- Texas Infant Dies of Legionnaires' Disease After 'Water Birth'
- Pregnancy Complication Linked to Autism
- Prenatal Exposure to Common Chemicals Linked to Lower IQs in Study
- The Pill Remains Most Common Method of Birth Control, U.S. Report Shows
- Many Women Don't Lose Those Pregnancy Pounds, Study Finds
- Longer Breast-Feeding May Protect Infants at Risk for Obesity
- FDA Issues New Drug Label Rules to Better Inform Pregnant Women
- Mom's Obesity May Affect Newborn Survival
- Kids Who Were Preemies More Vulnerable to Flu Complications: Study
- Should Men Worry About Being Too Old to Have Kids?
- Infants With Eczema May Be More Prone to Peanut Allergy: Study
- No Link Between Acetaminophen in Pregnancy, Asthma in Kids: Study
- Fewer Infants Dying Than Before, CDC Reports
- Kids Born to Overweight Moms May Face Higher Heart Risks as Adults
- Number of Pregnant Women on Narcotic Painkillers, Heroin Doubles, Study Finds
- Women With Heart Disease at Low Risk When Giving Birth: Study
- Mom's Weight Might Influence Baby's Earliest Development
- Medical Products Used With Preemies in Hospitals May Harm Them, Study Suggests
- Rheumatoid Arthritis in Moms-to-Be Linked to Premature Births
- Whooping Cough Vaccine Seems Safe in Pregnancy, Study Finds
- Premature Births Down in U.S., But Rates Still High, Reports Say
- PTSD in Women Linked to Premature Birth
- ADHD Linked to Expectant Moms' Smog Exposure
- Health Tip: Cleaning a Litter Box During Pregnancy
- Kidney, Urinary Birth Defects Tied to Obesity in Moms-to-Be
- Early, Small Babies May Be More Prone to Adult Hip Trouble
- Egg Freezing for a Future Pregnancy: What to Know
- Plastics' Chemical May Affect Baby Boys' Genital Development
- Virus Present at Birth Causes More Than 10 Percent of Hearing-Loss Cases in Kids
- Childhood Peanut Allergy May Be Linked to Skin Gene Mutation
- New Treatment Approved for Rare Form of Hemophilia
- More Kids Harmed by Drinking in Pregnancy Than Expected, Study Reports
- Nearly 1 in 3 U.S. Babies Delivered by C-Section, Study Finds
- Gestational Diabetes May Influence Daughter's Weight Later
- Fertility Treatments Aren't Significantly Linked to Birth Defects
- Experimental Infertility Treatment Seems Effective, Cheaper
- Health Tip: Breast-feeding With Diabetes
- For Infertility Treatment, Should He Drink Less Coffee, More Booze?
- Parkinson's Drugs May Spur Compulsive Behaviors
- Traffic Pollution May Be a Risk While Pregnant
- Health Tip: Trouble Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Circumcision Past Newborn Stage Poses Risk for Boys, Study Finds
- Peak Pain Level Main Factor in Negative Childbirth Memories: Study
- Risks From Epidural, Spinal Anesthesia Very Low, Study Says
- Could Vitamin D Make Childbirth Less Painful?
- Health Tip: Get the Facts About Gum Disease
- Sleeping on Sofa Can Be Deadly for Babies, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Relieving Pain During Delivery
- Fried Foods Linked to Raised Risk of Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Rely on Mom-to-Be When Epidural Is Needed
- Fetal Exposure to Plastics Chemical Tied to Breathing Ills in Kids
- Drinking Water Contaminant Linked to Pregnancy Complications in Study
- Health Tip: Reducing the Risk of Premature Delivery
- Teen 'Sexting' Often Precedes Actual Sex, Study Finds
- Cancer Treatments in Pregnancy Safe for Offspring, Small Studies Find
- Certain Autoimmune Drugs in Pregnancy May Up Newborn Infection Risk: Study
- Free, Long-Acting Contraceptives May Greatly Reduce Teen Pregnancy Rate
- Recessions May Thwart a Woman's Motherhood Plans Forever: Study
- Healthy Lifestyle Before Pregnancy May Cut Gestational Diabetes Risk
- Pediatricians Endorse IUDs, Implants for Teen Birth Control
- Whooping Cough Vaccine Rates During Pregnancy Fall Short: CDC
- Nearly 5 Percent of Young U.S. Women Have Chlamydia: CDC
- U.S. Still Lags in Infant Mortality Rates, Report Finds
- Study Suggests Why Pregnant Women Get Sicker From Flu
- Behavioral Counseling Urged for Teens, Young Adults at Risk for STDs
- Do Greener Neighborhoods Produce Healthier Babies?
- Could Low Iron Intake During Pregnancy Raise Autism Risk?
- Almost Everyone Needs a Flu Shot: CDC
- Oral Health in Women of Childbearing Age Needs Improvement
- Researchers Don't See Long-Term Benefits From Drug for Preemies
- Prenatal Exposure to Chemicals in Plastics Linked to Asthma Risk in Kids
- Study Ties Multiple Births to Higher Costs, Complications
- Health Tip: Add Iron to Your Diet During Pregnancy
- Mom's Response to Baby's Cry a Matter of Memory
- Failed Infertility Treatment Linked to Worse Mental Health in Study
- Give Aspirin to All Pregnant Women at Risk of Preeclampsia: U.S. Experts
- Study Questions Link Between Antidepressants, Miscarriage
- Duchess Kate & Prince William Expecting 2nd Baby
- Breast-Feeding May Help Obese Moms Lose Pregnancy Pounds
- Preterm or Small Birth Tied to Long-Term Risks to Heart, Brain
- Do Antidepressants in Pregnancy Raise Risks for Mental Woes in Kids?
- Consumer Reports Advises Pregnant Women to Avoid Tuna
- All Pregnant Women Need Flu Shot: Ob/Gyn Group
- Teen Birth Rate Has Dropped Dramatically in Last Two Decades: CDC
- Fewer Unmarried Women Having Children, CDC Reports
- Exposure to Common Antibacterials May Affect Growth of Fetus: Study
- Clues to How Heavy Drinking in Pregnancy Harms Child's Brain
- Obstetric Complication Rates Vary Widely Between Hospitals in U.S.
- Rhymes Reveal Evidence of Learning in the Womb
- Blood Thinner Doesn't Prevent Miscarriages: Study
- Obesity During Pregnancy Linked to Raised Asthma Risk in Kids
- Health Tip: Watching Your Weight During Pregnancy
- Exercising Moms-to-Be Have Less Chubby Babies, Study Finds
- Sutures Bested Staples After C-Section in Study
- Dad's Ethnicity May Influence Baby's Birth Weight
- Routine Ultrasounds May Detect Autism in Utero
- Health Tip: Healing After Baby is Born
- Grief in Pregnancy May Trigger Obesity in Adulthood
- Many Pregnant Women Not Told to Avoid Environmental Toxins
- Natural Conception Later in Life Tied to Longer Life for Women
- Health Tip: Eat Omega-3s During Pregnancy
- Too Many U.S. Babies Still Delivered Early Without Medical Need
- Study Links Pesticide Exposure During Pregnancy to Autism Risk in Kids
- More Young Adults Not Waiting for Marriage to Have Kids
- Certain Birth Defects More Common Among Hispanics: Report
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy Won't Harm Baby's Heart, Study Suggests
- Snoring, High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Raise Apnea Risk
- Taking Antipsychotic Drugs While Pregnant May Harm Newborns: Study
- Short 'Birth Spacing' Linked to Preterm Delivery
- More Evidence Links Poor Diet to Preterm Birth
- Hormone Levels in Womb Tied to Autism Risk in Boys: Study
- Having Babies May Be 'Contagious' Among Long-Time Friends
- Can Fire Retardants Raise Risk of Children Born With Lower IQs?
- Iodine Deficiency Common in Pregnancy, Pediatricians Warn
- Music May Be Especially Stimulating During Pregnancy
- Placenta Might Have Its Own Helpful Bacteria
- Stillbirth Remains an 'Unacknowledged Problem'
- Children's Asthma Linked to Air Pollution in 2nd Trimester: Study
- Car Crash Risk May Go Up During Pregnancy
- Tips for New Moms on Mother's Day
- Brain Activity Changes in Pregnant Women, Study Finds
- Stillbirths Higher After Hurricanes Katrina And Rita: Study
- Use of Low-Dose Steroid Creams During Pregnancy Won't Affect Baby: Study
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Raised Risk of Death in Pregnancy
- Mom-to-Be's TV Habits Might Affect Her Child's Weight: Study
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Linked to Baby's Heart Defects
- Prenatal Fish Oil Supplements May Not Boost Child's Brain Health, Study Finds
- Whooping Cough Vaccination During Pregnancy Seems Safe: Study
- Pregnancy Ultrasound a Big Bonding Moment for Dads-to-Be
- Slightly Higher Risk of Birth Defects Seen in Pregnant Women on HIV Drugs
- Induced Labor May Lower Risk for C-Section, Study Finds
- Size of Fetus May Affect Stillbirth Risk
- Mother's Pregnancy Weight Gain May Influence Child's Obesity Risk
- Study Ties Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy to Autism Risk in Boys
- Health Tip: Eating Fish During Pregnancy
- Too Many Younger Teens Still Getting Pregnant: CDC
- Heat Waves Tied to Higher Rates of Early-Term Deliveries
- Aspirin Advised for Women at High Risk for Pregnancy Complication
- Spotting Cause of Newborn Brain Injury Could Aid Prevention, Report Says
- Parents' Addiction May Be Linked to Arthritis in Offspring
- More Signs Autism May Originate During Pregnancy
- Cardiac Arrest During Childbirth More Common Than Thought: Study
- Lung Ultrasound Can Spot Risk of Respiratory Failure in Pregnancy: Study
- Pregnant Women May Be More Vulnerable to Potentially Dangerous Infection: Study
- Preterm Birth May Raise Child's Asthma Risk, Study Suggests
- Pregnancy-Related Diabetes Tied to Future Heart Risk
- Alcohol Near Start of Pregnancy Linked to Premature Babies
- Overweight Moms May Have Dangerously Big Babies
- U.S. Home Births Continued Steady Increase in 2012: CDC
- Balanced Diet During Pregnancy May Lower Risk of Preterm Delivery
- 'Eating for Two' During Pregnancy Could Pack on Too Many Pounds
- Health Tip: Preparing to Become Pregnant
- Are Kids Born to Older Dads at Risk for Mental Health Woes?
- C-Section Birth May Raise Risk of Adult Obesity: Study
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Miscarriage Risk
- Use of Tylenol in Pregnancy Tied to Higher ADHD Risk in Child
- Fever in 1st Trimester Might Raise Risk of Birth Defects
- Teen Pregnancy Rates Much Higher for Girls With Serious Mental Illness: Study
- Low Vitamin D Could Up Risk for Birth Complication: Study
- Different Bacteria Levels Seen in Women Who Give Preterm Birth: Study
- U.S. Abortion Rate Drops to Lowest Level Since 1973: Report
- Ibuprofen, Aleve Won't Raise Miscarriage Risk: Study
- Expectant Mothers' Colds May Affect Baby
- Baby May Help Keep Couples With Fertility Problems Together
- Gut Bacteria in Preemies Altered by Hospital Stay, Study Finds
- Premature Birth Linked to Asthma, Wheezing in Childhood
- First Trimester Appears Crucial for Baby's Heart Health
- First-Time Cesarean Rates Dipped in 2012: CDC
- Wealthier Women More Likely to Use Fertility Services: CDC
- Postpartum Depression Often Linked to Long-Term Woes, Review Suggests
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy Tied to Slight Risk of Lung Disorder in Babies
- U.S. Panel Urges Diabetes Screening for All Pregnant Women
- Study Weighs Safety of Epilepsy Drugs in Pregnancy
- Premature 'Water Breaking' During Pregnancy Linked to Bacteria
- Can Bacterial Infections During Pregnancy Raise Autism Risk?
- Health Tip: New Mom, Protect Your Back
- Early Elective Childbirth May Raise Health Risks for Babies, Moms: Study
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Teeth During Pregnancy
- Antidepressant Use During Pregnancy Not Linked to Autism
- Health Tip: Considering a Birthing Class?
- Kids' Social Skills May Suffer When Mothers Drink During Pregnancy
- Pot Smoking in Pregnancy Tied to Stillbirth Risk
- Fertility Treatments Behind High Rates of Multiple Births: Study
- U.S. Pregnancy Rates Continue to Fall
- Mother's Smoking, Early Birth May Raise ADHD Risk in Children
- Home Visits During Pregnancy and Beyond May Give Poor Kids a Boost
- Taking Antidepressants During Pregnancy May Not Raise Autism Risk
- Preemies Show Subtle Differences in Brain Development
- Mercury Levels Dropping in Younger U.S. Women: Report
- Healthy Lifestyle May Mean Healthy Pregnancy
- Natural Delivery After a C-Section Often Successful: Study
- Exposure To Common Chemical May Raise Risk of Preemie Delivery: Study
- Human Error Usually the Cause of Lack of Oxygen During Childbirth
- Heart Disease No. 1 Cause of Pregnancy-Related Deaths in California: Study
- Testing for Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes Should Be Routine, Experts Say
- Preterm Boys Face Worse Odds Than Girls, Study Says
- Very Early Preemies May Face Higher Risk of Future Eye Problem
- Women With Asthma May Take Longer to Get Pregnant: Study
- Study Ties Weight-Loss Surgery to Higher Risk of Preemie Birth
- Exercise in Pregnancy May Boost Baby's Brain, Study Says
- Health Tip: Should I Work During Pregnancy?
- Health Risks, Costs Much Higher With Multiple Births: Study
- Non-Delivery Hospital Stay May Raise Clot Risk During Pregnancy
- Could Mothers' Allergy Shots in Pregnancy Lower Kids' Risk?
- Bipolar Disorder Drug May Need Adjusting in Pregnancy, Study Finds
- Can Hearing Music in the Womb Boost Babies' Brain Development?
- More Weight Gain in Pregnancy Tied to Higher Autism Risk for Kids: Study
- Kidney Transplant Rejection Drugs Tied to Pregnancy Risks in Study
- Cinnamon May Help Ease Common Cause of Infertility, Study Says
- Multiple Egg Donations May Not Affect Women's Future Fertility: Study
- Children of Teen Mothers Don't Have Mental Disadvantage, Study Suggests
- Popular Morning Sickness Drug Safe in Pregnancy, Study Finds
- Expert Q&A: Childhood Vaccine Safety
- New Test May Spot Which Embryos Stand Greatest Chance of Survival
- Births From Fertility Treatments Hit 5 Million Mark: Report
- Lower Smog Levels Tied to Lower Birth Weights
- Women in Labor May Be Fine Taking in Nourishment, Study Finds
- Don't Rule Out Vaginal Delivery for Twins, Study Says
- Study Suggests Late-Term Preemies Don't Do as Well in Life
- New Infertility Treatment Leads to First Baby, Researchers Report
- Simple Method May Help Predict Tiny Preemies' Outlook
- Blood Levels of Banned Flame Retardant Drop for Pregnant Women in California
- Epilepsy Drugs in Pregnancy May Affect Infants' Fine Motor Skills
- Preemies' Woes Sometimes Due to Heredity, Study Says
- Some Birth Defects in the Heart Present Infection Risk, Study Finds
- Abnormal BMI Tips Scale Toward Pregnancy Complications, Study Says
- Health Tip: Easing the Discomfort of Late Pregnancy
- 7 Surprising Things About the Affordable Care Act
- Medicaid Paying for More U.S. Births: Study
- Smoking Plus Asthma in Pregnancy May Make for 'Dangerous Situation'
- Study Sees No Link Between Drinking During Early Pregnancy and Birth Woes
- Some Painkillers Tied to Certain Birth Defects in Study
- Medicaid Paying for More U.S. Births: Study
- More U.S. Women Having Kids in Their 30s and 40s: Report
- Use of Low-Dose Steroid Creams During Pregnancy Won't Affect Baby: Study
- Chlamydia, Gonorrhea Tied to Higher Risk of Pregnancy Complications
- Drinking Before First Pregnancy Raises Risk of Breast Cancer: Study
- Anti-Fungal Drug Not Tied to Most Birth Defects: Study
- Babies May Remember Words Heard Before Birth
- Sleep Apnea Seen in Pregnant Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Move More to Control Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Study
- Test of Preemie Breathing Treatments Finds Similar Complication Rates
- Breast-Feeding May Protect Some Women Against Breast Cancer
- Pregnant and Obese: Early Deaths Noted Among Offspring
- Induced Labor Linked to Raised Risk of Autism, Study Suggests
- Cultural 'Myths' Could Shape Pregnant Women's Expectations
- Dental Care Safe for Pregnant Women: Experts
- 1 in 3 Young U.S. Women Uses 'Withdrawal' for Birth Control
- Typical Pregnancy Length May Vary More Than Thought
- Health Highlights: Aug. 6, 2013
- Bump Seen in Substance Abuse Treatment During Pregnancy
- Antioxidant Supplements Don't Help Women Get Pregnant: Review
- Many Low-Income Moms Struggle to Afford Diapers: Study
- Very Preterm Babies May Have Trouble Bonding With Parents
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Behavior Issues in Kids
- Study Sees No Link Between Mercury Exposure, Autistic Behavior
- William and Kate Welcome Their Royal Baby
- Health Tip: Don't Despair About Your Pregnant Body
- Epilepsy Drugs in Pregnancy Tied to Developmental Delays in Children
- Bacteria Infection Risk May Be Higher for Pregnant Women With Diabetes
- Texas Lawmakers Pass Strict Abortion Bill
- Later Clamping of Umbilical Cord May Benefit Newborns: Study
- Poverty Rate Still High Among U.S. Children: Report
- Shift Work Might Affect Women's Periods, Fertility: Study
- Mother's Immune System Might Play Role in Certain Cases of Autism
- Obesity May Reduce Odds of IVF Success, Study Finds
- Cat Poop May Pose Health Risk
- Assisted Conception Not Linked to Cancer Risk in Kids, Studies Say
- Pregnancy Problem, Smaller Babies Tied to Cerebral Palsy Risk in Study
- Month of Conception Might Raise Odds of Premature Birth: Study
- Health Tip: Why Take Folic Acid?
- Tick-Borne Illness Babesiosis a Hazard for Seniors
- Early Respiratory Infection May Double Type 1 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Most Pregnant Women Treated for Migraines Able to Deliver Vaginally
- 'Three Parent IVF' Technique Set for Approval
- U.S. Women Delay Motherhood, Teen Births Historically Low: CDC
- Health Tip: Packing Your Hospital Bags Before Baby Comes
- C-Sections in U.S. Stable After 12-Year Rise: CDC
- Fetal Exposure to Tobacco Smoke Tied to Hearing Loss in Teens
- Iron Supplements May Prevent Anemia During Pregnancy
- Polluted Air Linked to Autism Risk
- Gene Research May Help Spot Baby's Obesity Risk
- BPA Exposure Tied to Undescended Testicles in Boys
- Could 'Moderate' Drinking Be Safe During Pregnancy?
- Pesticide Exposure Linked to Changes in Fetal Movement: Study
- Iodine Supplements May Be Too Much of a Good Thing
- Health Highlights: June 13, 2013
- Heavier Pregnant Women Tend to Deliver Prematurely
- Hurricane Readiness Tips for Pregnant Women
- U.S. Ends Effort to Limit Access to 'Morning-After' Pill
- Health Tip: Stay Healthier Throughout Pregnancy
- Listeria Food Poisoning Hits Elderly, Moms-to-Be Hardest: CDC
- Infant Care May Help Explain Race-Linked Obesity Gap
- Thyroid Disorders Tied to Complications in Pregnancy
- U.S. Imports Scarce Nutrition Drugs for Sick Babies
- Tots' Sleep Differences Due to Genes, Environment, Study Suggests
- Task Force: Screen for Gestational Diabetes After 24 Weeks of Pregnancy
- Low Prenatal Iodine May Affect Child's Brain Development
- Bowel Issues Affect 3 Out of 4 Pregnant Women
- U.S. Teen Birth Rate Plummets: Report
- Living Near Major Roadways in Pregnancy Tied to Respiratory Woes in Children
- Genes May Boost Woman's Risk of Postpartum Depression
- Public Funding Spurs Couples to Seek Fertility Treatment
- Health Tip: Keep Teeth Healthy During Pregnancy
- Study Sees Link Between Mom's Flu, Bipolar Risk for Children
- Pregnancy Adds Challenge for Teens Treated for Drug Abuse, Report Says
- For Pregnant Smokers, Vitamin C Might Help Babies' Lungs
- Birth Rates Good After Implanting 1 Embryo, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Taking a Birthing Class
- Synthetic Pot Use Can Mimic Symptoms of Prenatal Disorder
- Flame-Retardant Chemicals Could Be Toxic to Kids
- White House to Challenge Ruling on Unlimited Access to 'Morning-After' Pill
- Preemies' Increased Survival Comes With No Rise in Disabilities: Study
- Keep Beauty Regimen Safe During Pregnancy, Doctor Advises
- FDA Approves 'Morning-After' Pill Without a Prescription
- Pediatrician Group Issues Home Birth Policy Statement
- More Infants Surviving With Serious Heart Defects, Study Finds
- Newborn's Placenta May Predict Autism Risk, Study Suggests
- Ultrasound Best Detector of Dangerous Ectopic Pregnancies, Study Finds
- Prenatal Use of Common Epilepsy Drug Tied to Higher Autism Risk
- Teen Births May Increase Risk of Obesity Later in Life
- Some Slightly Obese May Gain From Weight-Loss Surgery, Guidelines Say
- No Tie Between Light Drinking During Pregnancy, Child's Development: Study
- U.S. Infant Mortality Rates Finally Dropping Again: Report
- Health Tip: Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy
- Babies Born Even Slightly Early May Lag Behind: Study
- Study Links Stillbirth to Genes Tied to Dangerous Heart Rhythm
- Smog Exposure During Pregnancy Might Raise Child's Cancer Risk: Study
- FDA Allows Return of Once-Banned Morning Sickness Pill
- Estrogen Level in Pregnancy May Affect Breast Cancer Risk in Daughters
- Babies' Birth Month May Affect MS Risk: Study
- IUDs Safe Contraceptives for Teens, Study Finds
- Judge: Make Morning-After Pill Available to All Females
- More U.S. Couples Living Together Instead of Marrying, CDC Finds
- Study Pinpoints Women at Risk for Blood Clots From Pregnancy
- Repeat Births by Teen Girls Still Too High: CDC
- Pregnant Women Under Stress May Be at Higher Risk for Stillbirth
- Traffic Smog Tied to Serious Birth Defects
- Rubella in Pregnancy Rare in U.S., But Can Be Devastating for Baby
- Vitamin D Important During Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- Working While Pregnant Won't Harm the Baby, Study Finds
- Bill Gates's $100,000 Condom Challenge
- Teen Moms More Likely to Have Been Neglected, Abused
- Stress During Pregnancy May Raise Heart Defect Risk for Baby
- Meth in Pregnancy May Blunt Child's Reaction to Stress: Study
- Women Abused in Childhood at Higher Odds of Having Child With Autism: Study
- Health Tip: Enjoy Safe Exercise During Pregnancy
- Nursing Shortage May Harm Infants in Intensive Care, Study Says
- Vitamin D Levels in Pregnancy May Not Affect Kids' Future Bone Health
- Breast-Feeding Won't Prevent Pre-Teen Obesity, Study Finds
- Ectopic Pregnancy Treatments Have Similar Effects on Fertility
- Millions Still Lack Access to Modern Contraception, Study Says
- Obese New Mothers May Have Higher Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Combo Treatment Might Beat Epidural to Ease Labor: Study
- Pregnancy Boosts Size of Women's Feet, Study Finds
- Anxiety May Be More Common Than Depression After Pregnancy
- C-Section Rates Vary Widely at U.S. Hospitals
- Health Tip: Experiencing Nosebleeds During Pregnancy?
- Motherhood May Spur Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior in Some
- Health Tip: Coping With Itching During Pregnancy
- U.S. Teen Birth Rates Highest in Rural Areas, Research Shows
- No Risks to Pregnancy Seen With Morning Sickness Drug
- Babies Born to Obese Women Show Thicker Arteries: Study
- Mother's Drinking Increases Risk of Infant's Death: Study
- Most New Mothers Skip Sex for at Least 6 Weeks After Childbirth
- Teen Pregnancy-Prevention Program Works, Study Says
- Fetal Heart May Develop Later in Pregnancy Than Thought
- Too Much Coffee in Pregnancy Tied to Smaller, Later Newborns: Study
- Use of Morning-After Pill on the Rise: CDC
- Progesterone Shots May Not Prevent Preterm Birth of Twins: Study
- Obese Black Women at Higher Risk for Having Very Large Babies
- Open Windows, Lower Risk for Preterm Birth: Study
- First-Born May Be at Greater Risk for Diabetes, Hypertension
- Folic Acid in Pregnancy May Lower Autism Risk
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Predict Later Ills, Study Says
- Teen Births Hit Record Low, CDC Reports
- Smog Exposure During Pregnancy Tied to Tinier Babies
- Health Tip: Wear Your Seat Belt When Pregnant
- Whooping Cough Vaccine for Pregnant Women Among New Recommendations
- Health Tip: A Few 'Don'ts' During Pregnancy
- Ob/Gyn Group Urges Docs to Help Prevent 'Octomom'-Type Multiple Births
- Many Women Victims of 'Contraceptive Sabotage,' Experts Say
- Health Tip: Protect Against Flu During Pregnancy
- Fetal Deaths Up Among Unvaccinated Moms in H1N1 Pandemic: Study
- FDA Approves New Type of Flu Vaccine
- Blood Clots During Pregnancy More Likely After IVF, Study Says
- Health Tip: Exercising After Baby is Born
- Mother-to-Be's Pollen Exposure May Boost Asthma Risk in Baby
- Avoid Pregnancy for a Year After Weight-Loss Surgery: Review
- Breast Milk Contains More Than 700 Bacteria Types: Study
- Do Babies Begin Learning Language in the Womb?
- Low Vitamin D in Early Pregnancy Tied to Lower Birth Weight
- Helping Sleeping Moms-to-Be Breathe Easier May Benefit Baby
- Mental Health of Dads-to-Be May Influence Toddler's Behavior
- Depressed Dads Affect Their Kids Even Before Born
- Married Women More Likely to Have Positive Pregnancies: Study
- 'Love Hormone' May Aid Women's Recovery After Childbirth
- Health Tip: Should I Be Screened for Prediabetes?
- Babies Listen and Learn While in the Womb
- Antidepressants During Pregnancy: Safe?
- Health Tip: Soothing Morning Sickness
- Thousands of U.S. Babies Born With Cleft Lip, Palate Each Year
- Health Tip: Understanding Morning Sickness
- Oxygen Treatment May Improve the Odds for Extreme Preemies
- Nearly 50 Million Couples Worldwide Report Infertility
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy Tied to Behavior Woes in Kids
- Overweight? You Can Scale Back Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- Study Questions Advice Given to Obese Pregnant Women
- Health Tip: Taking Medications During Pregnancy
- Secondhand Smoke Puts Children at Risk for Meningitis
- Mothers' Pre-Pregnancy Weight Tied to Kids' IQ, Study Says
- Health Tip: Manage Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Oxygen Deprivation in the Womb May Raise ADHD Risk
- Plastics Chemical BPA Found in Fetal Livers
- Kate and William Expecting First Baby
- Simple Formula Predicts Obesity Risk at Birth
- Smoking in Pregnancy Tied to Poor Reading Skills in Kids: Study
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Tied to Later Heart Trouble
- DNA May Explain Why Women Have More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Air Pollution May Raise Autism Risk
- Give Teens Access to Emergency Contraception, Pediatricians Say
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy May Be Key to Women's Risk for MS, Study Says
- Flame Retardants in Furniture, Carpets Might Affect Kids' Development
- 5 Steps Would Lower Preemie Rates in Richest Countries: Study
- Moderate Drinking in Pregnancy Tied to Lower IQ in Child
- Month of Birth Might Help Determine MS Risk, Study Suggests
- Are Common Chemicals Affecting Your Fertility?
- World Diabetes Day Designed to Raise Awareness
- U.S. Preterm Birth Rate Continues to Drop: Report
- Gruesome Cigarette Pack Images Sway Smokers, Study Finds
- Pregnant Women With Bipolar Disorder May Have Higher Risk of Premature Birth
- Flu During Pregnancy May Be Linked to Autism Risk
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- Lupus May Be Linked to Serious Pregnancy Complication
- Summer Babies Less Likely to Be CEOs, Study Contends
- Multiple C-Sections Linked to Raised Complication Risks: Study
- Poor Reading Skills Linked to Teen Pregnancy Risk
- Health Tip: Handling Food During Pregnancy
- Common Antidepressants Too Risky During Pregnancy, Researchers Say
- Gene May Be Tied to Both Smoking and ADHD, Study Suggests
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Extra Weight in Kids
- Too Much Dairy, Carbs Might Harm Men's Sperm
- Pregnant Women: Get a Whooping Cough Vaccine
- Hospitals Should Test More Teen Girls for Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- Egg Freezing as Viable as 'Fresh' Eggs, Fertility Experts Say
- Infertility Treatment May Raise Birth Defect Risk
- Breast-Feeding Might Cut Risk for Tough-to-Treat Breast Cancer: Study
- IUDs Increasingly Popular Form of Birth Control
- Study Sees Link Between Prolonged Formula Feeding, Leukemia Risk
- Fewer Children for Women After Ectopic Pregnancy: Study
- Preemies Born to Poor Families May Face Higher Risk for Brain Bleeds
- Language Barrier Blocks Epidural Use in Childbirth: Study
- HPV Vaccine Not Linked to Promiscuity in Girls
- Health Tip: Dine on Seafood
- Limit Fish While Pregnant? Study Questions Advice
- Scientists Uncover Genetic Link for Uterine Fibroids
- BPA Exposure Impacts Pregnant Women's Thyroids, Study Suggests
- Genetic Disorder Test for Newborns May Speed Up Diagnoses
- Could Hypertension in Pregnancy Harm Child's Thinking Skills for Decades?
- Genes Linked to Retardation Not Inherited, Study Suggests
- Common Pesticide Linked to Birth Defect, Study Suggests
- More Than Half of Severe Mental Disability Cases Not Inherited: Study
- Follow-Up Lacking for Babies After Hepatitis B Vaccination: CDC
- Simple Test Might Predict Whether Some Pregnancies Succeed
- Prenatal Test Presents Dilemmas to Expectant Mothers
- Half of Pregnant Women, Newborns Risk Flu
- Research Suggests Possible Vaccine to Prevent Premature Birth
- Some Women's Brains Contain Male DNA: Study
- Health Tip: Get Some Rest After Giving Birth
- Obese Pregnant Women With Sleep Apnea May Have More Delivery Complications
- Women Born Preterm May Face Pregnancy Risks
- Treating Sperm With Missing Protein Might Help Male Fertility
- Which Birth Control Methods Are Best for Teens?
- Thin Placenta Might Be Linked to Sudden Cardiac Death Later in Life
- Secondhand Smoke Takes Big Illness, Expense Toll
- Kids Exposed to Mercury, Lead at Risk for ADHD
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy May Be Key for Baby's Brain
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy Seems to Harm Baby, Too
- Weight Loss Pill Qsymia Now for Sale
- 2 in 5 Women Don't Use Birth Control
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy Critical for Brain Development, Study Says
- Gestational Diabetes, Poverty Linked to ADHD
- Severely Obese Women Attempting IVF May Have Lower Egg Quality
- More Pregnant Women on Blood Pressure Drugs: Study
- Rise in Pregnancy-Associated Cancers Not Fully Explained by Older Age
- Treated Vaginal Ring Prevents HIV in Monkeys
- Teen Obesity Linked to Mom's Smoking in Pregnancy: Study
- Fish Oil for Infants No Help for Allergies
- Multiple Abortions May Raise Risk of Preemie Birth Later
- Couch-Potato Kids Are Top U.S. Child Health Problem: Poll
- No Truth to Akin's Claim That Rape Hinders Pregnancy, Experts Say
- Stem Cells Fix Bladder Leakage in Mice, Study Finds
- Cervical Disease Treatment Not Linked to Premature Birth Risk
- Working Moms Report Better Health Than Those Who Stay Home
- High-Potency Pot in Pregnancy May Cause Brain Damage
- Drinking in Pregnancy Shows Up in Child's Growth: Study
- Chemo During Pregnancy Doesn't Seem to Harm Newborn
- Health Tip: Manage Heartburn During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy May Raise Risk of Cerebral Bleeding in Some Women
- Thyroid Treatment Guidelines for Pregnant Women Revised
- Excess Weight, Diabetes Raise Risk of Big Babies
- Babies of Heavy Moms Grow Slower: Study
- Vaginal Deliveries as Safe as C-Sections for Most Preterm Births
- Health Tip: Protect Against Food Poisoning During Pregnancy
- Pregnant Mothers' Gut Changes May Support Fetal Growth
- Health Reform: No-Cost Contraception Starts Today
- More Moms Breastfeeding
- Booze, Energy Drinks, Casual Sex Combo Common in College: Study
- Childbirth After 30 Lowers Risk of Endometrial Cancer: Study
- CDC: Little Change in Risky Teen Sex
- Heavy Drinking in Pregnancy Linked to Host of Problems in Children
- Survey Finds Big Drop in Sexual Activity Among Black Teens
- More Than a Third of Babies Unintended
- Mom's HIV Drugs May Pass to Baby in Womb, Breast-Feeding
- 1 in 13 Pregnant Women Drink, CDC Says
- Simple Measures May Curb Excessive Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- Health Tip: Bring Baby Back to a Safe Home
- Mom's Pot Use Doubles Risk of 'Preemie' Birth: Study
- Can a Parent's Job Raise Odds for Birth Defects in Baby?
- Big Babies May Boost Mom's Breast Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Don't Neglect Oral Hygiene During Pregnancy
- Urinary Incontinence Underreported in Young Women
- Babies Born to Obese Mothers May Have Low Iron: Study
- Preterm Birth Rates and Infant Death Rates Drop
- Caffeine in Pregnancy Won't Harm Offspring: Study
- H1N1 Flu Shot Appears Safe During Pregnancy
- Infant Formula Can Be a Major Source of BPA: Experts
- Can Fertility Treatments Influence Later Breast Cancer Risk?
- Many Babies Healthier in Homes With Dogs
- Coffee, Fats May Affect Fertility Treatment
- 5 Million 'Test Tube' Babies Born to Date
- Gel Shows Promise as Future Male Contraceptive
- Antipsychotic Drugs Linked to Higher Odds for Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Heavy Coffee Intake May Affect Fertility Treatments: Study
- Kids Born Even a Little Early Have Lower School Scores: Study
- Smallest, Largest Fetuses at Higher Risk of Stillbirth
- Small Babies Can Be Sign of Heart Problems in Mother
- Health Tip: Is Your Pregnancy Higher Risk?
- Prenatal Exposure to Common Household Chemical Linked to Eczema
- Standing at Work All Day While Pregnant Linked to Smaller Babies
- Wednesday Is National HIV Testing Day
- Bacterial Vaginosis Increases Female-to-Male HIV Transmission Risk
- Fear of Childbirth Linked to Longer Labor, Study Says
- HIV Exposure Before Birth May Raise Kids' Risk of Hearing Loss
- Plastics Chemical Linked to Obesity in Kids
- Could Fertility Drugs Make Kids Shorter?
- U.S. Teen Pregnancy Rate Continues to Fall
- 'Moderate' Drinking During Pregnancy Has No Effect on Young Children: Study
- Research Solves How Fetus Is Shielded From Immune System
- Vision Problems Tied to Extreme Prematurity in Study
- Mom's Smoking Tied to Dangerous Gut Illness in Preemies
- Liver Transplantation No Bar to Successful Pregnancy
- Pregnancy-Related Deaths Fall Worldwide: Report
- Fertility Treatment Tied to Higher Relapse Rate in Women With MS
- Perjeta Approved for Advanced Breast Cancer
- Most 'Extreme Preemies' Grow Into Happy, Healthy Teens
- U.S. in Top 10 for Premature Births
- Blood Test May Spot Genetic Disease in Fetuses
- Teens Whose Moms Smoked While Pregnant May Have Worse Asthma
- Cigarette Tax Hikes Curb Smoking in Pregnancy: Study
- IVF at Young Age May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Fever During Pregnancy May Raise Odds for Autism in Offspring
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Threaten Kids' Heart Health
- Overweight Moms More Apt to Have Large Babies, Study Says
- C-Section May Hike Risk for Toddlers' Obesity, Study Suggests
- IUD Beats Pill at Preventing Pregnancy
- Breathing Smog While Pregnant May Worsen Asthma in Offspring
- Healthy Dieting in Pregnancy May Be Helpful
- FDA Panel to Consider At-Home HIV Test
- Women Exposed to Violence Might Have More Risky Sex
- Induced Labor Late in Pregnancy Has Pros, Cons
- Is Combining Hysterectomy and a Tummy Tuck Safe?
- Many Pregnant Women Fear Exercising
- IUDs Work as Emergency Contraceptive: Review
- About 20% of White Women Smoke While Pregnant
- Pregnancy After 40: Healthy Weight Improves Risk
- Sperm Collide Along Liquid Maze on Way to Fertilize Egg
- Screening Women for Domestic Violence Could Help Prevent Abuse
- Home Birth Poses Danger for Higher-Risk Pregnancies: Study
- Half of U.S. Counties Have No Ob-Gyn: Study
- Prenatal Smoking Linked to High-Functioning Autism in Kids
- More College-Educated Women Having Children
- Infertility Treatments May Raise Birth Defect Risk
- HIV Drug Tenofovir Safe During Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- Fewer Teens Are Having Sex
- Study Redefines What a Healthy Vagina Is
- Health Tip: Be Alert for Signs of Preeclampsia
- Overly Long Pregnancies Linked to Behavioral Problems in Toddlers
- New Earlier, Noninvasive Paternity Test Developed
- U.S. Ranks 131st in Preterm Births
- One Baby per Hour Born Drug Dependent
- Prenatal Pesticide Exposure May Harm Kids' Brains
- Blood Clot Risk for Outpatients Needs More Attention: Study
- Mothers' Stress Could Cause Iron Deficiency in Newborns
- Quality Nursing May Protect Very Low Birth Weight Babies
- 'Watch-and-Wait' Approach Best When Water Breaks Before Labor: Study
- Overweight Pregnant Women at Higher Risk for Complications
- Children Born to Unmarried Couples on the Rise
- Health Tip: Talk to Your Doctor Before You Are Pregnant
- Sexual Abuse May Put Boys at Risk for Unsafe Sex
- Teen Births Hit All-time Low
- Planning Pregnancy May Cut Birth Defects
- Health Tip: New Moms Need Care, Too
- Mom's Health While Pregnant Linked to Autism Risk
- Health Tip: Traveling By Plane During Pregnancy?
- Pesticides May Be Linked to Slightly Smaller Babies, Shorter Pregnancies
- Prenatal Antipsychotic Drugs Linked to Motor Delays: Study
- Coffee Drinking in Pregnancy Won't Lead to Sleepless Baby: Study
- Women Have Longer Labors Now
- Heavier Baby Girls at Higher Risk for Diabetes, Heart Woes as Adults
- 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study
- Breathing Smog in Pregnancy Linked to Child's Behavior Problems
- Antidepressants May Raise Risk for Pregnancy Complication
- Pregnancy Safe for Women With Estrogen-Sensitive Breast Cancer
- Kids of Meth-Using Moms at Risk of Behavioral Woes
- Fetal Exposure to Cellphone Radiation Tied to ADHD-Like Symptoms in Mice
- Too Much Exercise Delays Pregnancy in Normal-Weight Women: Study
- Having Small Babies May Raise Heart Risk in Moms
- Mothers on Antidepressants Less Likely to Breast-Feed: Study
- Are Repeat C-Sections Safer Than Natural Birth?
- Coming Soon: At-Home Sperm Test for Couples Trying to Conceive
- When Unneeded, Induced Labor May Increase Complications
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Birth Defects
- Past Pregnancies May Protect Against MS
- Ban on Public Smoking Linked to Fewer Preterm Deliveries
- Late Preemie Birth May Be Linked to Higher Asthma Risk
- Moms' Antidepressants May Affect Babies' Head Size: Study
- Timing of Preemie Birth May Be Key to Kids' Health Later
- For Sleep Struggles, Women Urged to Alter Routines
- Parents' Wishes Sway Docs' Choices on Preterm Deliveries
- Smoke Exposure Late in Pregnancy Might Boost Baby's Eczema Risk
- Health Tip: Appreciate Your Body Image While Pregnant
- Nicotine Patches Fail Most Pregnant Smokers
- Ecstasy Use During Pregnancy May Harm Fetus: Study
- Health Tip: Preventing Back Pain Among New Moms
- New Birth Control Pill Recall
- Gene Might Be a Culprit in Sudden Infant Death for Boys
- Future Fertility Fix? Egg-Producing Stem Cells Found in Human Ovaries
- Contraceptives Work Well in Obese Women, But Hormone Levels Lower
- Health Tip: Exercising During Pregnancy
- Blood Test Detects Down Syndrome During Pregnancy
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Weight Loss Pill Qnexa
- New Guidelines to Help Breast Cancer Survivors
- Flu Shots for Pregnant Moms May Protect Babies
- Exercise in Pregnancy Safe for Baby, Study Finds
- Mom's Nicotine Patch May Raise Baby's Risk for Colic
- Korlym Approved for Cushing's Syndrome
- Pregnancy Complications May Predict Heart Trouble Later
- Illicit Drug Use May Be Driving Rise in Ectopic Pregnancies in Florida
- Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis Affect Birth Rates
- Weekend Delivery Doesn't Hurt Babies With Birth Defects: Study
- Lead, Cadmium Levels in Blood Linked to Reduced Fertility
- Repeat C-Section Best Scheduled at 39 Weeks, Study Says
- When Mom Has Pregnancy Diabetes, Breast-Feeding Curbs Child Obesity
- Study Weighs Pros, Cons of Home or Hospital Birth
- Health Tip: If You're Diabetic and Pregnant
- Low Vitamin D in Pregnancy Linked to Language Problems in Children
- Health Highlights: Feb. 9, 2012
- Chemo May Not Harm Unborn Baby
- C-Sections Not Always Best for Small Babies
- Screening Moms-to-Be for Thyroid Trouble May Not Help Offspring
- Risk of Preterm Birth Rises for Hispanic Women the Longer They're in U.S.
- Health Tip: Coping With Migraines During Pregnancy
- Does Abortion in First Trimester Raise Risk of Mental Ills' Return?
- Epidural Plus Fever in Mom May Raise Risks for Baby
- Health Tip: Prepare for Breast-feeding
- Sex and the Elderly: STD Risk Often Ignored
- 1 Million Birth Control Pill Packs Recalled
- Fatty Diet Before Pregnancy Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Study Looks at Possible HIV Drugs-Birth Defect Link
- Erivedge Approved to Treat Basal Cell Carcinoma
- When Mom-to-Be's Overweight and Smokes, Risk for Birth Defects Rises
- More Newborns Suffering Drug Withdrawal at Birth
- Health Tip: Manage Pain During Childbirth
- Acupuncture May Boost Pregnancy Success Rates
- Home Births in the U.S. on the Rise
- Testosterone Exposure May Explain Boys' Language Delay
- Can Low Birth Weight Raise Autism Risk?
- Abortion Safer for Women Than Childbirth, Study Claims
- Ob-Gyns Should Screen for Domestic Abuse: Experts
- Asthma Meds Likely Safe During Pregnancy: Study
- Smoking During Pregnancy Not Linked to Autism
- CDC: Many Teen Moms Didn't Think They Could Get Pregnant
- AHA: Sex Safe for Most Heart Patients
- Asthma Drugs During Pregnancy Linked to Slight Risk of Rare Birth Defects
- Certain Antidepressants May Raise Lung Risk in Newborns
- Health Highlights: Jan. 11, 2012
- IVF: Are 3 Embryos Too Many to Transfer?
- Blood Test May Reveal Child's Sex Soon After Conception
- Antibiotics in Pregnancy May Shield Newborns From Strep B
- U.S. Twin Birth Rate at All-Time High
- Mom's Poverty, Diabetes Might Raise ADHD Risk in Kids
- Health Tip: Eat Right During Pregnancy
- Health Tip: Wear Your Seat Belt During Pregnancy
- Smoking During Pregnancy May Damage Children's Blood Vessels
- Limit Cold Medications During Pregnancy, Experts Advise
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Varicose Veins
- Asthma Drugs in Pregnancy Might Pose Risk for Kids
- Moms of Preemies Face Health Problems, Too
- Health Tip: Dealing With Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
- Hormone Treatment May Drastically Reduce Preterm Births
- Some Causes of Stillbirth May Be Avoidable: Studies
- Some of World's Tiniest ‘Preemies' Are Growing Up Healthy
- Health Tip: How to Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy
- Stress Early in Pregnancy Linked to Fewer Baby Boys
- Plan B: Sebelius Overrules FDA, Nixes Sale Without ID
- FDA Panels to Weigh Safety of Newer Forms of the 'Pill'
- More People Getting Flu Shots This Year
- Eating Rice May Raise Arsenic Levels
- Health Tip: The Risks of Smoking While Pregnant
- Childbirth May Cut Women's Heart Disease Risk
- Teen Birth Rate Is at Record Low
- New Version of Contraceptive Implant Is Easier to Insert
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Health Tip: Sleep Soundly During Pregnancy
- Preterm Birth Rates Heading in Right Direction, Barely
- IVF May Raise Risk for Less Aggressive Ovarian Cancer
- More Pregnant Women Getting Flu Shots
- Katrina's Aftermath: Failed Pregnancies for IVF Moms Nationwide
- Does Fertility Treatment Raise Breast Cancer Risk?
- Is High Blood Pressure Linked to Birth Defects?
- For Many, Epilepsy Surgery Effective Long-Term
- More Teen Males Using Condoms When They First Have Sex: Survey
- 2 More Deaths in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Study Suggests Origins of Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Listeria Outbreak Now 2nd Largest in U.S. History
- Health Woes Still Strike Women Exposed to Banned Pregnancy Drug
- 18 Deaths, 100 Cases in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Listeria: Are You at Risk?
- Survey: Two-Thirds of Americans Plan to Get Flu Vaccine
- Death Toll Rises From Listeria in Cantaloupes
- Why Many With Breast Implants Fail at Breastfeeding
- Recall of Birth Control Pills
- Fatty Acids From Formula or Breastfeeding May Boost Mental Development
- Breast Cancer Rates Jump Worldwide, Study Finds
- Health Highlights: Sept. 8, 2011
- Common Chemical May Disrupt Kids' Development
- NSAIDs May Raise Miscarriage Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Ectopic Pregnancy
- Snuff Use During Pregnancy Is Harmful to Newborns
- Vitamins May Lower Risk of Birth Complication
- Childhood Obesity, Drug Abuse Top Concerns for Kids
- Breastfeeding May Cut Risk of Some Breast Cancers
- Poorly Controlled Asthma Can Boost Chances of Pregnancy Complications
- Eating Disorders Affect Fertility, Pregnancy
- Electromagnetic Fields Linked to Asthma in Kids
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Listeria Forces Recalls of Ready-to-Eat Chicken, Meat
- Gene Mutation May Be Linked to Male Infertility
- Panel: Drop Co-Pay for Women's Birth Control
- Late Talkers Not at Risk for Behavior Problems Later On
- Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy: Autism Risk?
- Pregnant Women to Get Pertussis Vaccine
- Pregnant Women Don't Need Vitamin D Screening
- Prenatal Vitamins May Lower Autism Risk
- Study: Developmental Delay for Late Preterm Babies
- Dietary Supplement May Help Prevent Preeclampsia
- Study: Low Birth Defect Risk From Newer Epilepsy Drugs
- Antibiotic Use May Be Linked to Kids' Asthma Risk
- Low Oxytocin Linked to Postpartum Depression
- Low Vitamin D at Birth Linked to Lung Infections
- Does Mom Want a Major Makeover?
- Obese Pregnant Women May Have Tougher Time Fighting Infections
- Study: ADHD Linked to Preterm Birth
- High Levels of Flame Retardants in U.S. Kids
- High C-Section Rates Aren't Linked to Healthier Babies
- Qnexa Yields Up to Nearly a 10% Weight Loss: Study
- Progesterone Gel Reduces Risk of Early Preterm Birth
- Acetaminophen in Pregnancy: Link to Baby's Asthma?
- FDA: Preterm-Birth Drug Makena OK as a Generic
- Relationship Troubles Add to 'Pre-Baby' Blues
- Secondhand Smoke Raises Stillbirth Risk
- New Birth Defect Warning for Topamax
- Depression After Miscarriage Can Linger
- Opioid Painkillers Linked to Birth Defects
- Serena Williams' Pulmonary Embolism, Hematoma: FAQ
- Breastfeeding by Diabetic Moms Cuts Babies' Obesity Risk
- New Debate on Link Between Stress, Infertility
- Antipsychotics in Pregnancy Risky for Newborns
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Rare Form of Stroke Affects Young People
- Artificial Pancreas Could Help Pregnant Diabetic Women
- Do IVF Pregnancies Raise Death Risk for Mothers?
- CDC: 26 Million Americans Have Diabetes
- Progress Toward Blood Test for Down Syndrome
- Low Vitamin D in Newborns Linked to Wheezing
- Odds of a Healthy Baby Increase With Single Embryo Transfer
- Fast Lane to Autism: Living Near Freeways
- Chemo During Pregnancy OK
- Mercury in Tuna Still a Concern, Consumer Reports Says
- New Food Allergy Guidelines Out
- Cell Phone Use in Pregnancy: Risks for Child?
- Acid-Reducing Drugs May Not Be Risky in Pregnancy
- Infertility: No Link to Cerebral Palsy Risk
- Blood Type O Linked to Fertility Problems
- Study: Fish Oil Doesn't Affect Postpartum Depression
- Vitamin D Levels at Birth May Predict Obesity Risk
- BPA in Pregnancy: Cashiers, Canned Veggie Eaters Beware?
- New Guidelines for Treatment of Depression
- Flu Vaccine FAQ
- Sex Not on Most New Moms' Minds
- Timing of Delivery May Affect Cerebral Palsy Risk
- U.S. Births Decline; Economy to Blame?
- Breastfeeding May Lower Moms' Diabetes Risk
- Herpes Drugs May Be Safe in Early Pregnancy
- Study: Diet Sodas May Raise Risk of Preterm Delivery
- Pesticide Exposure Linked to ADHD Risk
- New Morning-After Pill Ella Wins FDA Approval
- Acetaminophen: Teen Asthma Trigger?
- Study: No Need to Delay Pregnancy After Miscarriage
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Raises Child's Obesity Risk
- Gulf Oil Spill's Toll on Nation's Beaches
- Moderate Coffee Drinking OK in Pregnancy
- Obesity May Increase Risk of Preterm Birth
- Premature Birth Rate Is Dropping
- Home Births Linked to Higher Newborn Death Rate
- 5-Days-After-Sex Pill Gets FDA Panel Nod
- Pregnant Women Put Fashion Before Foot Health
- Survey: 40% of Teens Have Had Sex
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Hurts Child's Heart
- The Pill Is Most Popular Contraception Method
- New Birth Control Pill Natazia Gets FDA Approval
- Michelle Obama's Plan to End Childhood Obesity Epidemic
- Environmental Cancer Risk 'Grossly Underestimated'?
- Best and Worst Places to Be a Mom
- Birth Control Pills Put Brakes on Women's Sex Drive
- High Doses of Vitamin D May Cut Pregnancy Risks
- Vitamin C No Help for Preeclampsia
- Exercise During Pregnancy for Smaller Baby
- Pregnant Women Don't Get Enough Exercise
- Gonorrhea Getting Harder to Treat
- Onion Cream Treats New Stretch Marks
- Gestational Diabetes Underdiagnosed
- Sex During Pregnancy: Women Tell All
- Early Pregnancy Weight Gain Ups Diabetes Risk
- Acupuncture Eases Depression in Pregnancy
- Milk for Mom May Lower Baby's MS Risk
- 7 Tips to Eating Healthy During Pregnancy
- Coffee and Your Health
- Sex Drive: How Do Men and Women Compare?
- The Truth About C-Sections
- Hypnobirthing: Calmer Natural Childbirth
- Birth Control Myths
- Third Trimester of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: An Expectant Dad's Guide to Pregnancy
- Weight Loss After Pregnancy: Get Your Body Back
- Birth Defects: Testing For Birth Defects
- Infertility: Age Raises Infertility Risk in Men, Too
- Sleep During Pregnancy
- Postpartum Depression: Out of the Blue - Brooke Shields
- Pregnancy: Home Pregnancy Test Kit Recalled
- Depression During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy and Sexual Abuse
- Domestic Violence: Abused and Pregnant
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Pregnancy Disorders
- Breastfeeding Research
- Miscarriage and Stillbirth Research
- Preterm Labor and Premature Birth Research
- Littlest Babies Damaged by Infection
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Pregnancy & Newborns Newsletter