Trending Pregnancy Topics
Watch this slideshow on the stages of pregnancy. See and learn what changes a woman's body goes through and view fetal images of how her baby grows during the 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.
Related Disease Conditions
Childbirth Delivery Methods and Types
There are various childbirth delivery methods and types such as: The Lamaze Method The Bradley Method Water...
A common form of short stature, achondroplasia (dwarfism) is a genetic condition causing a disorder of bone growth. Complications...
Braxton Hicks Contractions (False Labor)
Braxton hicks contractions are also known as false labor pains. Though these irregular uterine contractions may occur in the...
Braxton Hicks vs. True Labor Contractions (Differences and Similarities)
Many pregnant women often mistake Braxton Hicks contractions (false labor) for real labor contractions, especially if is your...
Breastfeeding: Common Breastfeeding Challenges
Breastfeeding an infant can cause common challenges both for the mother an infant. Some challenges include sore nipples, low milk...
Campomelic dysplasia is a rare inherited condition that may be life threatening. The condition affects the skeleton and...
Care Before and During Pregnancy--Prenatal Care
Second Source article from Government...
Doula vs. Midwife (Differences between Care, Costs, & Duties)
A midwife and doula are not the same thing. A doula's job is to provide non-medical, emotional, and personal support to a...
Labor Symptoms (Early Signs)
Every woman's experience with labor and delivery is unique for each woman, and thus "Normal" labor varies from woman to woman....
Ectopic Pregnancy (Symptoms, Signs, Treatment)
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...
Embryo vs. Fetus (Differences between Stages Week by Week)
The embryonic stage of pregnancy occurs from the moment of conception until the 11th week pregnancy, or first trimester....
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
Consuming alcohol during pregnancy may cause fetal alcohol syndrome, a group of conditions associated with mental, growth, and...
Fetal Movement: Feeling Baby Kick Week-by-Week
Pregnancy can be one of the most joyous time in a couples life. Learn what your baby's first movements may feel like week by...
Gestational diabetes is a condition that is first recognized during pregnancy and is characterized by high blood sugar....
Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can be treated with synthetic thyroid hormones to maintain the proper thyroid hormone balance....
Infertility is the diminished ability to conceive a child. Infertility can be a problem with both men and women. Infertility in...
Miscarriage is the medical term for the spontaneous loss of pregnancy from conception to 20 weeks gestation. Risk factors for a...
PMS vs. Pregnancy (Differences and Similarities)
Many women have difficulty figuring out if they are pregnant, have PMS, or are about to start their period. The most common signs...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Pregnancy and Gestational Diabetes
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
Preeclampsia (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension)
Preeclampsia is related to increased blood pressure and protein in the mother's urine. Preeclampsia typically begins after the...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Bleeding During Pregnancy (First Trimester)
Bleeding during pregnancy is never normal. Causes of bleeding during the first trimester of a pregnancy may be caused by...
Pain Relief Options for Childbirth
Women experience and tolerate pain differently. For some pregnant women, focused breathing is all they need to get through labor...
Placenta previa is a condition during pregnancy when the placenta lies low in the uterus either partly or completely blocking the...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition in pregnant women marked by high blood pressure and a high level of protein in the urine. Eclampsia...
Pregnancy: Swine Flu and the H1N1 Vaccine
Pregnant and women who are breastfeeding are encouraged to receive the seasonal flu shot as well as the 2009 H1N1 influenza...
Pregnancy Diet (Menu Plans)
When a woman is pregnant she needs more vitamins, minerals, and other foods in her diet to stay healthy and deliver a healthy...
Shingles and Pregnancy
Becoming infected with chickenpox during pregnancy could cause birth defects in your unborn child. Likewise, shingles could also...
Smoking During Pregnancy
Smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage or stillbirth, low birth weight or premature birth, and more....
Trisomy 18, also known as Edwards syndrome, is a rare genetic disorder that causes severe birth defects in newborns. Signs and...
Getting Pregnant (Tips for Trying to Conceive)
Trying to get conceive, or become pregnant can be challenging, frustrating, and an emotional rollercoaster for some couples. A...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Conception: The Amazing Journey from Egg to Embryo
Learn about conception and the beginning stages of fetal development. See microscope images of human egg and sperm, as well as...
Early Signs & Symptoms of Pregnancy
Read about early signs and symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea and vomiting (morning sickness), bloating, tender breasts, and...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms Quiz
What are early pregnancy symptoms? In some women, symptoms range from a missed period to feeling lightheaded. Others may...
Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Pregnancy workouts explained. Discover the best safe pregnancy exercises for your workout. Exercise during pregnancy is an...
Fetal Development Stages: Month by Month Embryo Pictures
Take a peek inside the womb to see the stages of fetal development. Learn how embryos develop and grow during pregnancy. See...
Picture of First Trimester (12 Weeks)
The Baby at 12 Weeks. The nerves and muscles begin to work together. See a picture of First Trimester (12 Weeks) and learn more...
Picture of First Trimester (4 Weeks)
The Baby at 4 Weeks. Your baby's brain and spinal cord have begun to form. See a picture of First Trimester (4 Weeks) and learn...
Picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)
The Baby at 8 Weeks. All major organs and external body structures have begun to form. See a picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)...
Infertility Quiz: Test Your IQ of Infertility
What is the medical definition of infertility? Take the Infertility Quiz to learn the risks and treatment of infertility. Our...
Infertility: Types, Treatments, and Costs
Learn about infertility symptoms and types of treatment such as IVF, acupuncture, and natural methods to get pregnant. Read about...
Boost Your Fertility: Ovulation Calculator, Pregnancy Planning and More
Boost fertility and increase your chances to conceive. Learn about ovulation calendars, diet, aging and other factors that can...
Pregnancy: Multiple Births, Twins, Triplets, and More
Multiple births occur when a woman bears twins, triplets, or even more babies during pregnancy. More multiples are born today...
Pregnancy Myths and Facts Quiz: Test Your Pregnancy IQ
Being pregnant is a delicate time for both mother and baby. Take this quiz to separate the myths and facts about being pregnant,...
Picture of Second Trimester (16 Weeks)
The Baby at 16 Weeks. Muscle tissue and bone continue to form, creating a more complete skeleton. See a picture of Second...
Picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks)
The Baby at 20 Weeks. Your baby is more active. See a picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks) and learn more about the health...
Picture of Second Trimester (24 Weeks)
The Baby at 24 Weeks. Bone marrow begins to make blood cells. See a picture of Second Trimester (24 Weeks) and learn more about...
Stages of Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trimester Images
See pictures on the various stages of pregnancy. See and learn what changes a woman's body goes through and view fetal images of...
Picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks)
The Baby at 32 Weeks. Your baby's bones are fully formed, but still soft. See a picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks) and learn...
Picture of Third Trimester (36 Weeks)
The Baby at 36 Weeks. The protective waxy coating called vernix gets thicker. See a picture of Third Trimester (36 Weeks) and...
Picture of Third Trimester (37-40 Weeks)
The Baby at 37 to 40 Weeks. By the end of 37 weeks, your baby is considered full term. See a picture of Third Trimester (37-40...
Picture of Tubal Pregnancy
A pregnancy that is not in the usual place within the uterus but is located in the Fallopian tube. See a picture of Tubal...
What Not to Eat When Pregnant Pictures: Alcohol, Fish, Fruit Juice, Sushi
Do you know which common foods may be risky during pregnancy? Learn which foods to avoid, while pregnant, such as queso dip,...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- C-Section (Cesarean Birth)
- Childbirth Class Options
- Labor and Delivery
- Pregnancy Flu Shot Side Effects and Safety
- Pregnancy Test
- Pregnancy: Birthing, Breastfeeding, and Parenting Classes
- Pregnancy: Prenatal Care and Tests
- Prenatal Ultrasound
- Quad Marker Screening Test
- Pregnancy: 7 Common Third Trimester Tests
- Acupuncture for Infertility
- Anemia During Pregnancy
- Can I Take Eltroxin while I'm Pregnant?
- Does Stress Cause Miscarriage?
- Can We Eat Potatoes During Pregnancy?
- How Do You Know if You Are Pregnant?
- Is It a Boy or Girl? 6 Myths!
- Kidney Infection in Pregnancy
- Low Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Paxil & Pregnancy, Possibilty of Birth Defect
- Pregnancy Planning and Lifestyle Changes
- 12 Common Pregnancy Cravings to Avoid
- Shingles During Pregnancy
- Trisomy 18 Testing
- What Are Blood Type and Rh Tests?
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Birth Defects Strike 1 in 10 U.S. Pregnancies Affected by Zika
- 1 in 14 Pregnant Women Still Smokes
- 1 in 4 U.S. Stillbirths Might Be Prevented
- 1 in 5 Moms Mum About Post-Pregnancy Blues
- A Diet to Boost a Woman's Fertility?
- Abortion Access Varies Widely Across U.S.
- Acetaminophen in Pregnancy Tied to ADHD Risk in Kids
- Acetaminophen in Pregnancy Tied to Language Delays -- in One Sex
- ACLU Sues Over Government Limits on Access to 'Abortion Pill'
- Opioid Addiction Treatment During Pregnancy Can be Safe
- America's New Dads Are Older Than Ever
- Antibody Injections in Pregnancy Might Shield Fetus From Zika
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy Tied to Slight Increase in Autism
- As Newborn Syphilis Cases Rise, Maternal Screening Urged
- As Temps Rise, Risk of Pregnancy Complication May Too
- Asthma Control Essential in Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- Babies With Normal Head Size Might Still Have Zika-Linked Brain Damage
- Babies' Fascination With Faces May Start in the Womb
- Birth Control Pills Recalled Due to Danger of Unintended Pregnancy
- Birth Defects Affect 7 Percent of Zika-Exposed Babies: Study
- Breast-Feeding May Reduce Pain From C-Section
- Breathing Dirty Air May Raise Miscarriage Risk
- Can an Aspirin a Day Keep a Pregnancy Complication Away?
- Can Fetal Alcohol Damage Be Undone?
- Experts Urge Caution Over Study About Flu Vaccination and Miscarriages
- Century-Old Technique May Help Infertile Couples Conceive Without IVF
- Cervical Device May Help Lower Preemie Birth Risk
- Childbirth Deaths Declining in U.S., New Report Finds
- Conceiving Despite IUD Use Is Tied to Higher Odds for Pregnancy Complications
- Medical Costs Soar for U.S. Babies Born Addicted to Opioids
- Could Folic Acid Fight a Cause of Autism?
- For Female Soldiers, Deployment May Up Risk for Premature Birth
- Diabetes, High Blood Pressure While Pregnant Spells Trouble Later On
- Do Flame Retardants Hinder Infertility Treatments?
- Do Heat Waves Shave Dollars Off a Baby's Future Earnings?
- FDA Tells NYC Doctor to Stop Marketing Controversial Fertility Treatment
- Doctors Urged to Discuss Cord Blood Donations Early in Pregnancy
- Does Mother's Mental Health Affect Pregnancy?
- Does Stress Worsen Chemical Harms in Pregnancy?
- Don't Let Baby Weight Linger Between Pregnancies
- Early Onset of Pregnancy Complication May Raise Heart Risks
- Obesity in Early Pregnancy May Raise Child's Risk of Epilepsy
- Embryo Frozen for 25 Years Results in Successful Birth
- Infant's Infection Spurs Experts to Warn Against Placenta Pills
- Prenatal Exposure to Certain Flame Retardants Linked to Lower IQs
- Fertility Tests May Not Be Best Gauge of Your Biological Clock
- Fetal Alcohol Cases More Common Than Thought: Study
- Fever During Pregnancy Tied to Autism in Study
- Texas Hospital Reports First U.S. Baby Born After Womb Transplant
- Recent Flu Shot Shouldn't Prevent Vaccination During Pregnancy
- Geneticists Repair Mutation in Human Embryo
- Good Diet, Exercise While Pregnant Could Cut C-section Risk
- Health Insurance a Key to IVF Success, Researchers Say
- Health Tip: Getting an X-Ray During Pregnancy
- Health Tip: If You Get the Flu While Pregnant
- Health Tip: Pregnant Women Need Omega-3 Fats
- Health Tip: Why Women Need Folic Acid
- Health Tips: Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Heart-Lung Fitness Challenged in Early Full-Term Babies
- Here's to a Healthy Pregnancy
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Boost Child's Obesity Risk
- High Rates of Hepatitis C in Pregnancy Mirror Opioid Epidemic: CDC
- High-Pesticide Produce Not the Best Recipe for Fertility
- Higher Pregnancy Weight Tied to Raised Odds for Birth Defects
- Home Birth Safe for Some, But Not All, Women
- Hospital Midwives, Lower C-Section Rates?
- House Passes Near-Total Ban on Abortion After 20 Weeks of Pregnancy
- Got the HPV Vaccine Before You Knew You Were Pregnant? Don't Worry
- If Dad Has Depression, Kids Might Develop It, Too
- If Mom Has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Baby May Develop It, Too
- Improve Your Odds During Infertility Treatments
- Incision Length Linked to Pain After Cesarean
- Is Air Pollution a Threat to a Fetus?
- Is an Occasional Drink OK During Pregnancy?
- Having Too Little of This Nutrient Could Harm a Woman's Fertility
- Studies Question Link Between Mom's Antidepressant Use, Autism in Kids
- Mild Low Thyroid Levels May Affect a Woman's Fertility
- Low-Carb Diets Boost Risk for Serious Birth Defects
- Lying Down After an Epidural: A Smart Idea?
- Dad-to-Be's Age Can Affect Fertility Treatment Success
- Many U.S. Teens Still Denied 'Morning After' Pill at Pharmacies
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressants Tied to Kids' Psychiatric Woes
- Mom's Immune System May Affect Baby's Brain
- Mom's Money Worries May Mean Smaller Baby
- Mom-to-Be's Cellphone May Not Harm Fetal Brain
- Mom-to-Be's High Blood Sugar May Raise Baby's Odds for Heart Defects
- Moms-to-Be Are Heeding Store Warnings About Alcohol
- More Fetal Deaths, Fewer Pregnancies When Flint Had High Lead Levels in Drinking Water: Study
- More Pregnant Women Are Using Pot
- Increasing Numbers of Pregnant Women Also Have Heart Disease
- More U.S. Women Obese Before Pregnancy, Experts Sound the Alarm
- Obamacare Helped More Young Women Get Prenatal Care: Study
- Morning Sickness Drug May Not Work: Study
- Most Exercise, Hot Baths Should Be Safe During Pregnancy, Study Finds
- Nearby Fracking Linked to Low Birth Weights
- Nearly Half of the World's Abortions Are Unsafe
- Newborns Sickened With Legionnaire's Disease Via Home Water Birth: CDC
- No Evidence Fish Oil in Pregnancy Makes for Brainier Kids
- No Sign That Antidepressants in Pregnancy Harm Kids' Brains: Study
- Ob/Gyns Warn Against 'Vaginal Seeding' Trend for Newborns
- Odds for C-Section May Depend on Hospital
- Tiny Opioid Victims: Addicted Moms-to-Be Transmit Hepatitis C
- Opioids Over-Prescribed After C-Sections: Studies
- Postpartum Depression Likely to Recur With Future Pregnancies
- Pot Smoking Common Among Pregnant Teens: Survey
- Study Questions Practice of Placenta Eating by New Moms
- Pregnancy Complication Costs U.S. Billions
- Pregnancy Weight Gain: Too Much or Too Little Is Unhealthy
- Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure May Mean Similar Trouble After Delivery
- Premature Births Cost Health Plans Billions
- Prenatal Multivitamins Linked to Lower Autism Risk
- Preterm Birth Risk Spikes in Mothers With Sleep Disorders
- Researchers Find Genes Linked to Preterm Birth
- Ritalin During Pregnancy May Raise Risk of Heart Defect in Baby
- Same Pregnancy Meds Can Cost $200 -- or $11,000
- Scientists Create First Lab-Grown Human Eggs
- Serena Williams Shares Childbirth Ordeal
- Shooting Ranges Pose Hidden Risks: Study
- Sleeping on Side Reduces Stillbirth Risk: Study
- Smoggy Air May Spawn Weaker Sperm
- Could Smoking in Pregnancy Affect a Grandkid's Autism Risk?
- Do Moms Who Smoke in Pregnancy Raise Their Odds for a Troubled Teen?
- Smoking on the Rise Among Pregnant Women With Depression
- Some Antibiotics Linked to Miscarriage Risk
- Space-Stored Mouse Sperm Creates Healthy Pups
- Do Women Really Need to Starve Themselves During Labor?
- Study Debunks Notion That Epidurals Prolong Labor
- Study: Plenty of IV Fluids May Make Childbirth Safer, Easier
- Sugary Drinks in Pregnancy Tied to Heavier Kids Later
- Suicide a Danger for Some Women During Pregnancy: Study
- Could a Sweet Tooth in Pregnancy Spur Allergies in Kids?
- Teen Birth Rate Drops Again to All-Time Low: CDC
- Routine Tests Urged for Pregnancy Complication Preeclampsia
- Tissue Testing Can Spot Zika at Birth: CDC
- Troubling Stroke Trend Among U.S. Moms-to-Be
- Trump Blocks Some Funding to Abortion Providers
- U.S. Blood Supply Safe From Zika Virus, Officials Say
- U.S. Preemie Birth Rates Rise 2 Years in a Row
- U.S. Teen Births Hit Historic Low: CDC
- Weighing Too Much or Too Little When Pregnant Can Be Risky
- Women Who Gain Weight Between Babies at Higher Risk for Diabetes
- When Treating Infertility, Vitamin D Levels May Be Key
- Whooping Cough Shot Works, But Many Moms-to-Be Skip It: CDC
- With IVF, Are Fresh or Frozen Embryos Better?
- Women Falling Short on Birth Defect Prevention
- Women Over 30 Now Have Higher Birth Rate Than Younger Women: CDC
- Young Cancer Survivors Can Face Higher Risk of Pregnancy Complications
- Zika Can Harm Babies' Vision, Too