Prediabetes is a common condition in which the blood sugar level is higher than normal but not yet high enough to be considered diagnostic of diabetes. Prediabetes is a precursor of type 2 diabetes and increases a person's risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or stroke. The condition has also been referred to as impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) or impaired fasting glucose (IFG).
While some people with prediabetes may experience some of the signs and symptoms of diabetes, in most people, prediabetes does not cause specific signs or associated symptoms. Therefore, many people are unaware that they have prediabetes. Symptoms of diabetes include
However, people with prediabetes may not have these symptoms and signs.
Cause of prediabetes
The cause of prediabetes is unknown.
Other prediabetes symptoms and signs
- Excessive Hunger
- Excessive Thirst
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain
Main Article on Prediabetes Symptoms and Signs
Pictures, Images, Illustrations & Quizzes
Examples of Medications for Prediabetes Symptoms and Signs
- bitter melon
- Glyxambi (empagliflozin and linagliptin)
- insulin regular human
- Jardiance (empagliflozin)
- L-methylfolate/pyridoxal 5-phosphate/methylcobalamin
- Mounjaro (tirzepatide)
- Side Effects of Diabinese (chlorpropamide)
- Side Effects of Farxiga (dapagliflozin)
- Synjardy (empagliflozin and metformin)
- Synjardy XR (empagliflozin and metformin extended-release)