Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Shingles Rash Pictures, Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
Is shingles contagious? Shingles (herpes zoster virus) is a painful, contagious rash caused by the Varicella zoster virus. Learn...
Shingles Quiz: Symptoms, Vaccine & Pictures
Shingles falls within a well-known family of viruses that cause itching, burning, blisters, and pain. Take the Shingles Quiz to...
Picture of Shingles
An acute infection caused by the herpes zoster virus, the same virus as causes chickenpox. See a picture of Shingles and learn...
Related Disease Conditions
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
Shingles, or herpes zoster, is a painful rash caused by the varicella zoster virus. Other shingles symptoms include headache,...
Chickenpox (chicken pox) is a contagious childhood disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus. Symptoms have an incubation...
Pain management and treatment can be simple or complex, according to its cause. There are two basic types of pain, nociceptive...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Shingles and Pregnancy
Becoming infected with chickenpox during pregnancy could cause birth defects in your unborn child. Likewise, shingles could also...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant, Fanatrex FusePag) Side Effects, Dosage, and Abuse
- Tramadol: for Pain (Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- venlafaxine, Effexor XR (Effexor has been discontinued in the US)
- duloxetine, Cymbalta
- Oxycodone: for Pain (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta)
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- lidocaine (Lidoderm)
- Shingles Vaccine (Zoster Shingles Vaccine Live, Zostavax)
- lidocaine and prilocaine (DermacinRx, Prizopak, EMLA, Leva Set, Lidopril, Livixil Pak, LP Lite Pak)
- morphine extended-release capsule - oral, Avinza
- capsaicin - topical, Capsagel, Salonpas-Hot, Zostri
- morphine high potency injection (Astramorph, Duramorph, Infumorph, AVINza)
- morphine sustained-action capsule - oral, Kadian
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter