Patient Comments: PKD - Autosomal Dominant Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with autosomal dominant PKD? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: shc, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

My stomach keeps getting larger and larger from autosomal dominant PKD, I am always in pain and it is almost impossible for me to get a good night's sleep because of the pain and my enlarged stomach. One of my cyst is 9cm in size and there are many more smaller ones. The disease has spread to my liver.

Comment from: wondering, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I found out 5 years ago I had this autosomal dominant PKD even though I have had high blood pressure since mid-thirties. I am at 16% function on a transplant list but getting discouraged as it is hard to find anyone interested in being a donor who could meet criteria necessary. I still work full time but am nervous about the future, I have been on a transplant list for 5 years but found out you do not get on the important list until you start dialysis. I am single and worry about transplant cost if I no longer can work because of dialysis to the point I lose my insurance.

Take the Kidney Disease Quiz