Patient Comments: Pneumonia - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your pneumonia? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: NeverGetSickLiar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I started with hoarseness 12/25/14 and increased to body aches and fever as high as 101.5. Tuesday 12/30 I was diagnosed with pneumococcal pneumonia. I was prescribed 2 antibiotics and inhaler. The cough continues with chest pain that is being attributed to inflammation of the tissues surrounding the lung. Currently I am taking yet another antibiotic and promethazine syrup for cough and congestion in my ears and nasal passages (which I was not even aware of). Warning: 1 teaspoon knocked me out from 9:45 pm with fog clearing from my head by around noon the following day but I slept like a drunken sailor. Pay close attention to the warnings on the label! Additional x-ray results to be available on 1/22/15. Very long recovery and I am normally very healthy.

Comment from: Audrey, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I've had pneumonia for the last three years in a row. Usually I'm run down and busy and do not get proper rest, and it hits me fast. I'm extremely tired. This year I used a nebulizer and did at-home breathing treatments, which helped a lot. I also took a high-dosage antibiotic and prednisone. So I was hitting it from all directions. The duration has been less this year, but three weeks later, I'm still coughing a lot. I plan to get the pneumonia shot as soon as I'm well.

Comment from: Kelsey, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I was given steroids and penicillin. And while I was in the hospital, they gave me large doses of penicillin through my drip. I'm out of hospital now, so it seems to be working.

Take the Pneumonia Quiz