Patient Comments: Pink Eye - Treatments

What was the home treatment for your pink eye? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Porscha, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I used ice after seeing the eye doctor. It got so bad I couldn't be in any room with a light on. The day after this development I got an appointment, was told it was acute conjunctivitis with injection, and prescribed tobramycin and dexamethasone! We got the generic because it was much cheaper, though still expensive. Such a relief! The light sensitivity was cut down within the first 2 days of using it, and ice packs worked well too. It itches every now and then, but it seems clearer and hasn't spread to my other eye.

Comment from: Flaire, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 22

They say teabags help with pink eye, but that's not true. But you don't do harm with it so go ahead.

Comment from: Christine, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I was diagnosed with bacterial pink eye 3 days ago by an emergency room physician's assistant at a hospital. I am on an ointment treatment and my eye has not improved at all. I went to the emergency room on Tuesday, August. 4th and today is August 6th. If this does not clear up or get better or at least improve Sunday August 9 I will go back to the emergency room.

Comment from: Muffincakes123, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 22

Use a tea bag on your pink eye.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter