Patient Comments: Phlebitis - Risk Factors

If known, what were your risk factors for developing phlebitis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: angel, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 10

My daughter had an IV related thrombophlebitis. The ultrasound showed occlusive clot in a superficial vein and he has to be placed on enoxaparin injection for 3 months even if the follow-up ultrasound revealed non occlusive.

Comment from: jwills16, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I donated blood in November 2013. Right after, my arm swelled up and became black and blue that lasted 2 weeks. After that my arm would start burning in the area where they stuck me. It"s been over 5 months and I am still getting the burning. Went to a vein doctor he looked at my arm said he thought it was the nerve. Went to the nerve doctor and he did an ultra sound and it was clear. I"m stuck with the burning and no one can tell me what"s causing it or what to do for it I also took medicine for inflammation for two weeks.

Comment from: WA nda, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 14

I have burning sensation and redness round my ankle and upper leg with phlebitis.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter