Patient Comments: Peripheral Vascular Disease - Symptoms

What are your symptoms associated with peripheral vascular disease? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: midav, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

I found I couldn't make it across a parking lot. Even walking from my truck to the inside of a store I took a few minutes rest. My pain radiated from my left buttock (probably an aortic/iliac lesion). I couldn't get an ankle pulse. The absolute most potent (medicine, supplement) is propionyl-L-carnitine for peripheral vascular disease. And a vigorous walking program to at least 10 miles. Other helpful supplements are GLA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and EPA (gamma-linolenic acid) that turns to DGLA (Dihomo-?-linolenic acid) in the body, crystalline (only) niacin, and arginine/citrulline. These are not emphasized enough in medical literature. They will give you your life back if you put in the effort.

Comment from: Rich, 65-74 (Patient) Published: July 17

My symptoms of peripheral vascular disease are very cold feet (especially left) with cramps in my arches and calves when I go to bed. My left hand tends to get very cold also. I have been diagnosed with both CAD/PAD (coronary artery disease/peripheral artery disease) and pulmonary fibrosis.

Comment from: millsym2k, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 03

Last year I noticed pain when walking and it just got worse and worse. There was pain in my right thigh which at first I could walk through. It soon became that I could only walk five minutes before severe pain caused me to stop and rest. The pain was now in my shins and also some calf pain if I pushed, but believe me the pain is so severe I had to rest, but only for a minute and I could then walk another five minutes. I took Trental 400 mg 3 times a day with food. Three days later I could walk pain free. I can walk so far that I now get out of breath before my legs ache. I'm building up my fitness again now I can walk. I used to walk up the stairs and down 4 times a day. I could not do five flights due to pain, but it does help with the breathing and collateral conversion. If you suffer from peripheral arterial disease (PAD), good luck. Trental is wonderful for me.

Comment from: jack, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

My feet freeze, and my feet, legs, and hips hurt all the time because of peripheral vascular disease. I got crushed by a skid loader and broke my leg in three places and my pelvis was crushed.

Comment from: Tammydedwards, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I had surgery on both my feet at the same time and the surgery stopped my life because the doctor did too much surgery at one time. I now have peripheral vascular disease in both my feet and have been on bed rest from this disease. When I asked the doctor why my feet are burning and turning purple and black when they are down on the floor or just down, period, the doctor's response was that he did not know why my feet are doing that and that he talked to three or four of the doctors that he works with, and they did not know either. Now I know and I am not going to let this go, I am going to file a law suit against this doctor so that he will not do this to another person. No one should have to live with this pain and have to keep their feet up at all times. Take care and remember this is your life and mine that I am talking about maybe even a family member of yours.

Comment from: joe1943, 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 18

I was recently told I have PVD. You probably have heard it only hurts when you laugh. Well, in my case, it only hurts when I stand, walk, or when I try to go to sleep. I have already been told there is a good chance that I will lose my left leg and possibly my right also. I try to ride the bike each day to try to get circulation to my feet.

View Spider and Varicose Veins Slideshow Pictures