Signs and symptoms of penile cancer include a lump on the penis and redness, irritation, or a sore on the penis. Risk of penis cancer is higher in uncircumcised men, due to a higher risk of HPV infection. Other risk factors include being over 60, having phimosis, having poor hygiene, using tobacco products, and having many sex partners. Prognosis and treatment depend upon the tumor's location and size, the stage of the cancer, and whether the cancer was recently diagnosed or if it recurred. Read more: Penis Cancer Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Picture of Penis
The penis is the male sex organ, reaching its full size during puberty. See a picture of the Penis and learn more about the...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Related Disease Conditions
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Genital Warts (HPV) Infection in Women
Genital warts is a sexually transmitted infection (STI, STD) caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). It is the most common STD...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Internal Bleeding (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment)
Internal bleeding occurs when an artery or vein is damaged and blood to escapes the circulatory system and collects inside the...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
HPV (Human Papillomavirus Infection)
HPVs or human papillomaviruses are a group of viral infections of the skin and mucous membranes. Certain high-risk types of HPV...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow and how abnormal they look under a...
Phimosis (Paraphimosis) Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
Phimosis and paraphimosis are penis disorders. Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin can't retract behind the head of...
Penis disorders (male reproductive problems) include priapism, Peyronie's disease, balanitis, phimosis, paraphimosis, and penile...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Mohs Surgery
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Circumcision: Medical Pros and Cons
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Biological Therapy
- Circumcision: The Surgical Procedure
- Screening Tests for Cancer
- Questions To Ask Before Surgery
- Radiation Therapy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Penile Discharge
- Penile Pain
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Cancer Research: Going the Distance
- Cancer Pain Management with Ann Reiner
- Cancer: The Importance of Joining a Cancer Support Group with Selma Schimmel
- Cancer Patients Need Proper Diet and Exercise
- Cancer: Living Well Despite with Win Boerckel
- Cancer Treatment: Writing to Heal with Margie Davis
- Cancer Survival and Attitude with Hamilton Jordan
- Cancer: Confronting Cancer with Humor
- Cancer: Journaling to Save Your Life
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Cancer Treatment: Getting the Support You Need
- Chemotherapy: Eating Well
- Cancer Treatment: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Cancer Survival - Better & Longer Survival Rates
- Cancer Treatment - Managing Eating Problems
- Cancer Treatment: Pre-Treatment Eating Tips
- Whole Body Scanning, Do You Really Need One?
- Cancer Pain, A Guide for You and Your Family
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Cancer and Sexual Health
- Chemotherapy and Other Cancer Treatment Side Effects