Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Signs of Cancer in Women: Symptoms You Can't Ignore
Cancer symptoms can surprise women if they don't know what to watch out for. 15 cancer symptoms women ignore such as weight loss,...
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Learn about pancreatic cancer signs, symptoms, causes, statistics, treatment and side effects (chemotherapy, radiation, surgery,...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Picture of Pancreatic Cancer
An abdominal CT scan shows a small, vaguely seen 2-cm pancreatic adenocarcinoma (mass) causing obstruction of both the common...
Picture of Pancreatic Cancer Tumor
This is a gross section of a malignant tumor of the pancreas resected from the pancreatic body and tail. See a picture of...
Picture of Pancreas
Front View of the Pancreas. The pancreas is about 6 inches long and sits across the back of the abdomen, behind the stomach. See...
Picture of Pancreas
A fish-shaped spongy grayish-pink organ about 6 inches (15 cm) long that stretches across the back of the abdomen, behind the...
Related Disease Conditions
Stool Color, Changes in Color, Texture, and Form
Stool color changes can very from green, red, maroon, yellow, white, or black. Causes of changes of stool color can range from...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Bilirubin (Bilirubin Test)
Bilirubin is a waste product of the normal breakdown of red blood cells in the liver. Normal bilirubin levels vary from lab to...
Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)
Abdominal pain can have many causes that range from mild to severe. Some of these causes...
Ascites, the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity is most commonly caused by cirrhosis of the liver. Some of the other...
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...
Pancreatitis is a rare disease in which the pancreas becomes inflamed. There are two types of pancreatitis: acute and chronic....
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
H. pylori (Helicobacter Pylori ) Infection
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a bacteria that causes chronic inflammation (gastritis) of the inner lining of the stomach,...
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar)
Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting,...
Jaundice (Hyperbilirubinemia in Adults)
Jaundice (hyperbilirubinemia) in adults may be caused by a variety of medical diseases or conditions. Some cases of jaundice can...
Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B)
The hepatitis B virus (HBV, hep B) is a unique, coated DNA virus belonging to the Hepadnaviridae family of viruses. The course of...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Pancreatic cysts are collections of fluid within the pancreas. Some are benign, malignant, or pseudocysts. There are two major...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize serious diseases and health problems like strokes, heart attacks, cancers, reproductive problems in...
Second Source article from Government...
Second Source article from Government...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow, and how abnormal they look under a...
Carcinoid Syndrome (Carcinoid Tumor)
A carcinoid tumor is a tumor that develops from enterochromaffin cells. The important characteristic of carcinoid tumors that...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or EPI is a condition in which a person's pancreas can't produce or secrete certain enzymes...
Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (Islet Cell Tumors)
There are many types of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (NETs): gastrinoma, insulinoma, glucagonoma, VIPomas, and...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Pancreatic Cancer - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your pancreatic cancer?Post View 40 Comments
Pancreatic Cancer - Causes
What do you suspect are the causes of your pancreatic cancer?Post View 9 Comments
Pancreatic Cancer - Symptoms
What were the symptoms associated with pancreatic cancer in you, a friend, or relative?Post View 11 Comments
Pancreatic Cancer - Prognosis
What is the prognosis for your pancreatic cancer? How are you dealing with it?Post View 3 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Weight Loss
- Abdominal Pain
- Stool Color & Texture Changes (Black, Red, Maroon, Green, Yellow, Gray, Tarry, Sticky)
- Dark Urine
- Lower Back Pain
- Pancreatic Cancer
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Advance Medical Directives
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Blacks, Elderly Missing From U.S. Cancer Clinical Trials
- New Test May Help Spot Pancreatic Cancer Early
- Blood Test for Pancreatic Cancer Shows Early Promise
- Not All Hospitals Equal When It Comes to Pancreatic Cancer Care
- Survival Continues to Improve for Most Cancers
- Tests May Bring New Wave of Cancer Detection
- Is There a Link Between Diabetes and Pancreatic Cancer?
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Over Three Decades
- Daily Low-Dose Aspirin May Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk
- Women's Cancer Risk Rises With Years Spent Overweight
- Additional Treatments Offer Little Benefit for Pancreatic Cancer: Study
- Smog May Boost Risk for Several Cancers
- Study Ties Certain Mouth Germs to Pancreatic Cancer Risk
- 4 Types of Pancreatic Cancer Identified: Study
- Researchers Pursue Clue Between Obesity, Breast and Pancreatic Cancer
- Onivyde Approved for Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- FDA Approves New Pancreatic Cancer Drug
- Electrical Bursts to Pancreatic Cancer Cells May Help Fight Tumor
- Former President Carter's Cancer: FAQ
- Urine Test Might Find Pancreatic Cancer Early, Study Suggests
- Study Refutes Notion That Diabetes Drug Actos Raises Bladder Cancer Risk
- Blood Protein May Spot Pancreatic Cancer Early
- Cloudy Climes May Up Risk of Pancreatic Cancer: Study
- Diabetes Drug May Not Guard Against Pancreatic Cancer
- Study Yields Genetic Insights Into Pancreatic Cancer
- Study Probes Use of MRI to Spot Pancreatic Cancer in High-Risk Patients
- Device Aims to Deliver Cancer-Killing Drugs Directly to Pancreas
- Researchers Learning More About Deadly Pancreatic Cancer
- Study Says Biopsies Are Safe
- The Future of Cancer Detection
- Scientists Detect Early Sign of Pancreatic Cancer
- Targeted Drugs Among Successes Against Cancer, Says New Report
- Study: Daily Low-Dose Aspirin May Help Ward Off Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood Test May Spot Pancreatic Cancer Earlier
- Pancreatic Cancer Will Be 2nd Deadliest Cancer by 2030: Study
- People Seek Out Health Info When Famous Person Dies
- Diabetes Tied to Higher Risk of Pancreatic Cancer in Study
- Study Sees No Evidence Linking Diabetes Drugs With Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood Test Might Help Spot Pancreatic Cancer Early
- Experimental Vaccines May Extend Life in Pancreatic Cancer
- Experimental Vaccines May Extend Life With Pancreatic Cancer
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Again: Report
- Racial Differences Seen in Pancreatic Cancer Death Rates
- New Drug May Someday Battle Obesity and Diabetes
- Blood Test for Pancreatic Cancer Shows Promise in Early Trial
- Obese Patients With Pancreatic Cancer Have Shorter Survival, Study Finds
- Bile Protein May Help Detect Pancreatic Cancer
- Chemo After Surgery Prolongs Life in Pancreatic Cancer Patients, Study Finds
- Fatty, High-Calorie Diet Linked to Pancreatic Cancer in Mouse Study
- Blood Pressure Drug Might Boost Chemo Success, Mouse Study Suggests
- Abraxane Approved for Late-Stage Pancreatic Cancer
- Healthy Eating Might Ward Off Pancreatic Cancer: Study
- Blood Test Might Spot Pancreatic Cancer Early, Study Finds
- Which Cancer Tests Do You Really Need?
- Fried Foods May Boost Prostate Cancer Risk, Study Says
- Blood Test Might Help Guide Pancreatic Cancer Treatment
- Cancer Death Rates Drop 20% Over 2 Decades
- Gattex Approved for Short Bowel Syndrome
- Wins in War on Cancer Highlighted in New Report
- Antioxidants Might Help Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk, Study Suggests
- Could Sunlight Lower Your Odds for Pancreatic Cancer?
- New Therapies Show Some Promise Against Pancreatic Cancer
- Studies See Advances in Detecting, Treating Pancreatic Cancer
- Screening for Other Health Problems May Aid COPD Survival
- Short Walks May Ease Fatigue in Pancreatic Cancer Patients
- Endoscopy May Be Better Than Surgery for Severe Pancreatic Infection
- Why Cancer Symptoms May Elude M.D.
- Popular Diabetes Drug Might Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk: Study
- Blood Test Shows Promise in Spotting Pancreatic Cancers Early
- From Bad to Better: U.S. Cancer Rates Continue to Drop
- Type of Muscular Dystrophy Linked to Raised Cancer Risk
- Apple Founder Steve Jobs Dies at 56
- FAQ: Steve Jobs' Pancreatic Cancer
- New Guidelines Suggest Higher Doses of Vitamin D
- IBD May Raise Risk of Pancreatic Cancer
- Soft Drinks Could Boost Pancreatic Cancer Risk
- New Genetic Links for Pancreatic Cancer
- New Test Catches Most Pancreatic Cancers Early
- Pancreatic Cancer Detected by Blood Test
- With Pancreatic Cancer, Age Factors Into Familial Risk
- Metformin May Lower Diabetics' Odds for Pancreatic Cancer
- Fatty Diet Linked to Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer Biomarkers Found
- Beer Drinking May Speed Pancreatic Cancer Onset
- Patrick Swayze Has Pancreatic Cancer
- Test Brings Early Pancreatic Cancer to Light
- 15 Cancer Symptoms Men Ignore
- Cancer Treatment: Getting the Support You Need
- Chemotherapy: Eating Well
- Cancer Treatment: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Cancer Treatment: Pre-Treatment Eating Tips
- Whole Body Scanning, Do You Really Need One?
- Cancer Pain, A Guide for You and Your Family
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Cancer and Sexual Health
- Cancer Survival - Better & Longer Survival Rates
- Lesion...What Does The Doctor Mean?
- Cancer Treatment - Managing Eating Problems
- Pancreatic Cancer: Who's at Risk? What are the Symptoms
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter