Patient Comments: Pain Management - Nociceptive Pain

Please describe the type of nociceptive pain you experience, including additional symptoms. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mac, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 29

I have been dealing with a painful back problem associated with degenerative disc disorder for many years now. I have had surgery 5 times with spinal fusion (L-1 through L-5, S-1 and 2, and C-4-5-6). The only thing left for me is drug therapy. I use the Butrans patch and 10 mg oxycodone, every 6 to 8 hours. If anyone has a better way for me to handle my pain, I'd surely like to hear from you. The Butrans patch last for one week, 7 days. There are 4 patches in a prescription. The medication in the patch is buprenorphine, a transdermal system, long-acting extended release pain management system.

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I'm type 2 diabetic I have tingling, burning, and sharp pain in my feet, hands, and all over body sometimes. When mobile I have shortness of breath but, normal breathing after resting, I wake every morning with a headache, and just feeling unwell. I'm on progesterone, and I did have metformin, but it made me ill. I wonder if these symptoms sound like neuropathy or nociceptive pain.

Comment from: andy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I had 3 months of excruciating pain in my left groin and in front of my thigh down to my knee. My hip X-ray showed that everything is okay.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter