Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Pain Quiz: Test Your IQ of Pain
Is pain all in the brain? Take the Pain Quiz to learn everything you've ever wanted to know about the unpleasant sensation we...
Picture of Fibromyalgia
A syndrome characterized by chronic pain, stiffness, and tenderness of muscles, tendons, and joints without detectable...
Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
What is fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain and stiffness of the tendons, muscles, and joints....
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Back Pain: Find Relief, Treat Your Back Pain
Back pain conditions are very common. Learn the truth and get the facts behind myths, remedies, causes and treatment for back...
Nerve Pain: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment Options
Learn about nerve pain symptoms, causes, and treatment options. Discover medications, treatments, and natural remedies that can...
Pain Management: Surprising Causes of Pain
What’s causing your pain? Learn the common causes of lower back pain, as well as pain in the knee, stomach, kidney, shoulder,...
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Pictures: Anatomy, Where It Hurts, and More
Could the pain in your hand be carpal tunnel syndrome? Watch this slideshow to learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment...
Osteoarthritis: 15 Tips to Improve Daily Living With OA
Osteoarthritis joint pain can make it hard to carry out activities of daily living. Cartilage destruction can cause symptoms like...
Low Back Pain: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Relief
Do you suffer from low back pain? Watch this slideshow to see common triggers of lower back pain and what kind of treatments you...
Fibromyalgia Treatments and Tips to Ease Pain and Other Symptoms
What is fibromyalgia? Learn about fibromyalgia symptoms such as trigger points (also called tender points), learn what causes...
Fun With Kids and More Ways to Live With OA in Pictures
You can still have lots of fun with children despite arthritis. Our experts uncover ways to spend time with your kids or...
Exercises for Osteoarthritis -- Yoga, Swimming, & More
Check out this slideshow on Active Living From Day to Night with Osteoarthritis. Even with arthritis you can keep your active...
Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More in Pictures
Dealing with joint pain and arthritis? Learn why weight matters--and why NOT to stretch before exercise. See these solutions for...
Chronic Pain Syndrome: Treatment and Management for CPS
What is chronic pain syndrome (CPS)? See causes, symptoms and treatment options including medications. Learn about pain...
Pain-Relief Tips for Bumps, Bruises, Sprains, and Strains in Pictures
View this First Aid slideshow on Care and Pain Relief. See how to get pain relief if you've bumped your head, sprained your...
How Does Acupuncture Work? Benefits, Needles, Definition
What is acupuncture? How does acupuncture work? Does acupuncture hurt? Learn various acupuncture points, the definition of...
11 Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief
One of the best low back pain treatments is exercise. Learn more about low back pain exercises--what works, and what doesn't....
Pain Management: 15 Easy Ways to Reduce Chronic Pain
Chronic pain can be a symptom of many conditions, including arthritis, headaches, and others. Comprehensive pain management...
What Does It Mean When Your Whole Body Aches?
Body aches and pains can be disruptive and frustrating. Learn many chronic pain causes, including lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia,...
Healthy Living: How to Listen to Your Body
You've probably heard your body trying to tell you something after a session at the gym, but what was it? WebMD helps you sort...
Related Disease Conditions
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disorder in which brain and spinal cord nerve cells become demyelinated. This damage...
Peripheral Neuropathy (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Medications)
Peripheral neuropathy is a problem with the functioning of the nerves outside of the spinal cord. Symptoms may include numbness,...
Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a disorder of the muscles and joints that causes pain and stiffness in the arms, neck, shoulders,...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Bell's Palsy (Facial Nerve Problems) Paralysis Causes and Treatments
Bell's palsy is one type of facial nerve paralysis. The 7th cranial nerve controls the muscles of the face, and although...
Sciatica pain, caused by irritation of the sciatic nerve, typically radiates from the low back to behind the thigh to below the...
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain)
Neck pain (cervical pain) may be caused by any number of disorders and diseases. Tenderness is another symptom of neck pain....
Chondromalacia Patella (Patellofemoral Syndrome)
Chondromalacia patella (housemaid's knee or secretary's knee) results from misalignment of the kneecap as it slides over the...
Degenerative Disc Disease & Sciatica
Degenerative disc disease makes the disc more susceptible to herniation (rupture) which can lead to localized or radiating pain....
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Whiplash is a common injury to a person's neck following a car accident (in most cases). Symptoms include: headache, neck...
Repetitive Motion Disorders (RMDs)
Repetitive motion disorders (RMDs) are muscular conditions that result from repeated motions. Carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger...
Pain Management: Musculoskeletal Pain
Natural menopause is the permanent ending of menstruation that is not brought on by any type of medical treatment. For women...
Cancer pain results from the tumor pressing on nerves or invading bones or organs. Cancer treatments like chemotherapy,...
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Complex regional pain syndrome is a chronic pain condition in which high levels of nerve impulses are sent to an affected site is...
Pain that originates in the face is referred to as trigeminal neuralgia. This pain may be caused by: an injury, an infection...
Neuropathic pain is a chronic condition that leads to ongoing pain symptoms. Patients can be predisposed to developing...
An abscessed tooth is an infection within a tooth that has spread to the root. Symptoms of an abscessed tooth may include pain,...
Diabetic Neuropathy (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment)
Diabetic neuropathy a condition in which nerve damage has occurred as a complication of diabetes. The pain from the nerve...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Lumbar stenosis can be caused by degenerative arthritis (the most common cause), tumor, infection, or metabolic disorders...
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (SI Joint Pain)
Sacroiliac joint (SI) dysfunction is a general term to reflect pain in the SI joints. Causes of SI joint pain include...
A herniated disc may be caused by injury or degeneration from age. Symptoms depend on the location of the herniation and whether...
A dry socket is a potential complication that can occur when a blood clot in the gums becomes dislodged after a tooth extraction....
A pinched nerve causes pain, numbness, or tingling in the affected area due to pressure on a nerve. Caral tunnel and sciatica are...
Broken Toe Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, and Healing Time
A broken toe is one of the most common fractures among individuals. There are many causes of a broken toe, whether it is the big...
Vulvodynia (Vaginal Pain)
Vulvodynia or vaginal pain, genital pain is a condition in which women have chronic vulvar pain with no known cause. There are...
The five types of spondylolisthesis include dysplastic, isthmic, degenerative, traumatic, and pathologic. The most common symptom...
Turf toe is a sprain to the ligaments around the big toe joint. Symptoms and signs include pain, swelling, a popping sound,...
Hospice is a service that offers support, resources, and assistance to terminally ill patients and their families. In such late...
Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) is a painful complication of shingles. Symptoms include severe pain, itchy skin, and possible...
Shoulder and Neck Pain
Shoulder and neck pain may be caused by bursitis, a pinched nerve, whiplash, tendinitis, a herniated disc, or a rotator cuff...
Kidney Pain (Location, Symptoms, Relief)
Kidney pain has a variety of causes and symptoms. Infection, injury, trauma, bleeding disorders, kidney stones, and less...
Multiple Sclerosis Early Symptoms and Signs (Early, Body Areas Affected)
Multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms vary from person to person, and can last for days to months without periods of remission....
Occipital Neuralgia (Headache)
Occipital neuralgia is a type of headache that involves inflammation or irritation of occipital nerves. Signs and symptoms...
Medical Marijuana (Medical Cannabis)
Medical marijuana (medical cannabis) is a medicine that is plant based. There are two species of medical marijuana; 1) Cannabis...
Headache Natural Home Remedies
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
There are numerous causes of pelvic pain in women and men. Causes of pelvic pain in women and men include: Pelvic pain...
IBS-D (Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea)
IBS-D or irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea refers to IBS with diarrhea. Symptoms of IBS-D include intestinal gas...
Common Medical Abbreviations List (Acronyms and Definitions)
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
Local ResourcesFind a local Pain Management Physician in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- acetaminophen (Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain)
- codeine (for Pain)
- misoprostol, Cytotec
- oxaprozin, Daypro
- sumatriptan, Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant, Fanatrex FusePag) Side Effects, Dosage, and Abuse
- ketoprofen (Discontinued brands: Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron)
- Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen, Roxicet, Tylox, Oxycet)
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
- Tramadol: for Pain (Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip)
- hydrocodone/acetaminophen, Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Anexsia, Lortab, Lorcet, Lorcet Plus, No
- cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril, Amrix, Fexmid)
- propoxyphene and acetaminophen, Darvocet A500; Darvocet-N, Wygesic
- propoxyphene, Darvon, Darvon-N, Dolene
- carisoprodol (Soma)
- desipramine, Norpramin
- Oxycodone: for Pain (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta)
- fentanyl patch (Duragesic)
- hydrocodone and ibuprofen, Vicoprofen
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- OTC Pain Relievers and Fever Reducers
- meloxicam (Mobic) Side Effects
- hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc, Synvisc One)
- Drug Interactions
- tramadol and acetaminophen, Ultracet
- Narcotic Pain Medications (Opioids, Analgesics, Narcotics)
- hyaluronate (hyaluronan, Hyalgan, Supartz, Euflexxa, Orthovisc)
- hydromorphone extended release - oral, Exalgo
- orphenadrine (Norflex)
- morphine sustained-action capsule - oral, Kadian
- ketorolac (Toradol brand has been discontinued in the US)
- meperidine - injection, Demerol
- butorphanol (Stadol)
- hydrocodone (Zohydro ER)
- fentanyl lozenge - buccal, Actiq
- fentanyl injection, Sublimaze
- hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Dilaudid-5, Dilaudid-HP Injection, Exalgo) for Pain
- morphine high potency injection (Astramorph, Duramorph, Infumorph, AVINza)
- morphine extended-release capsule - oral, Avinza
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- duloxetine, Cymbalta
- fentanyl tablet - buccal, Fentora
- milnacipran, Savella
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria)
- Tofacitinib citrate (Xeljanz)
- Oxycodone vs. Hydrocodone: Which Is Better for Pain?
- Klonopin (clonazepam) vs. Xanax (alprazolam)
- Oxycodone vs. Tramadol for Pain
- Percocet vs. Lortab for Pain
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- Tramadol (Ultram) Side Effects
- Dilaudid vs. Percocet for Pain
- Hydrocodone vs. Hydromorphone (Differences between Side Effects)
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
- Ibuprofen vs. Meloxicam (Mobic) for Pain
- Ibuprofen (Advil) vs. Naproxen (Aleve): Comparison of Differences
- Dilaudid vs. Fentanyl (Pain Strength Comparison and Side Effects)
- Acetaminophen vs. Ibuprofen for Pain (Differences in Side Effects and Dosage)
- Ibuprofen and Plavix (Side Effects and Interactions)
- Baclofen vs. Flexeril (Side Effects and Interactions)
- Aleve (naproxen) vs. Celebrex (celecoxib)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine) vs. Effexor (XR, venlafaxine) Differences in Uses, Dose, and Withdrawal
- Xartemis XR
- Methadose Oral Concentrate
- Sumavel DosePro
- Targiniq ER
- Opana ER
- Talwin Nx
- Vantrela ER
- Hysingla ER
- Codeine Sulfate
- Roxicodone 15 30 mg
- Vicodin ES
Prevention & Wellness
- Pot Still a Drug of Choice for Many U.S. Adults
- Health Tip: Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Reduce Weight, Reduce the Arthritic Knee Pain
- Patients on Opioids OK With Lower Doses
- Many High School Pitchers Suffer Pain as Pitch Counts Mount
- Fake CBD Oil Sickens 52 People in Utah
- Chiropractic Has Role to Play in Easing Lower Back Pain: Study
- 6 States Sue Opioid Maker Purdue, Claiming Company Helped Spur Overdoses
- Hospitals Should, and Could, Avoid IV Opioids: Study
- Backbreaking Work May Shorten Men's Lives
- More Doubt Cast on Surgery for Spinal Compression Fractures
- Cancer Docs: We Need More Research on Medical Marijuana
- Non-Opioids Often Underused After Back Surgery
- Health Tip: When To Call Your Doctor If You Have Lower Back Pain
- Take the Ouch Out of Bee Stings
- Advil & Tylenol Better Than Opioids for Dental Pain
- Avoid 'Text Neck' From Your Cellphone
- Overcoming Fear of Back Pain May Spur Recovery
- Safety Info for Opioids Found Lacking
- Doctors Curbing First-Time Prescriptions for Opioids
- Former U.S. House Speaker Boehner Now Backs Marijuana Legalization, Joins Cannabis Company Board
- Seeking Cheaper Plastic Surgery Abroad? Buyer Beware
- Older Americans Support Medical Marijuana: Poll
- ER Docs Prescribe More Opioids Than They Realize
- Health Tip: Repairing Your Hernia
- Woman Dies From Bee Sting Acupuncture
- Millions Get Wrong Treatment for Back Pain: Study
- Tai Chi Beats Aerobics for Fibromyalgia Pain
- Are Pricey Orthotic Insoles Worth It for Heel Pain?
- A Surgery-Free Fix for Bad Knees?
- Managing Pain With Fewer Opioids After Joint Replacement
- Opioid ODs Outpacing Other 'Deaths of Despair'
- Opioids Not Best Option for Back Pain, Arthritis, Study Finds
- Marijuana Doesn't Seem to Harm the Kidneys
- ER Visits for Opioid Overdoses Soaring: CDC
- Is Herbal Drug Kratom a Health Friend or Foe?
- New FDA Guidelines to Expand Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction
- Xanax, Valium Looking Like America's Next Drug Crisis
- Some Pain Patients Can Cut Opioid Dose and Still Get Relief
- Do Over-the-Counter Painkillers Alter Emotions, Reasoning?
- Losing Weight Eases Obesity-Related Pain. But How Much Is Enough?
- Opioids Aren't America's Only Painkiller Problem
- Opioid Abuse Rises When Prescriptions Are Renewed
- Packets That Turn Opioid Painkillers Into Useless Gel Offered at Walmart
- Tamper-Resistant Opioids May Not Ease Addiction Crisis: Study
- Health Tip: Sit and Stand Up Straight
- Insights Into Pain Relief From the Family That Can't Feel Pain
- Drug May Help Surgical Patients Stop Opioids Sooner
- Chronic Pain Common Among Those Who OD on Opioids
- Opioids Not the Only Answer for Pain Relief in the ER
- People Tend to Overestimate Pain From Surgery
- Senator Wants Law Changed After 60 Minutes Story on Opioid Crisis
- Around the World, Too Little Relief for Pain
- Cigna Says No to OxyContin
- Makers of Quick-Release Opioid Painkillers Must Provide Doctor Training
- Post-Op Opioids: How Much Is Enough?
- ERs Prescribing Opioids at Lower Doses, Shorter Durations
- CDC Launches Opioid Campaign in Hard-Hit States
- Lady Gaga's Fibromyalgia Puts Illness in the Spotlight
- Big Rise in Hospitalized Kids With Opioid Side Effects
- Many May Get Hospice Care Too Late
- What You Can Do to Help Fight the Opioid Epidemic
- Managing Pain Can Be a Puzzle After Breast Cancer
- Doctors May Be Over-Prescribing Seizure Drugs to Treat Pain
- Doctors Still Overprescribing Opioids in U.S.
- Opioid Abuse Down in Younger Americans, But Up Among Older Adults
- Easing Opioid Dose May Improve Pain and Quality of Life
- Reaching Beyond the Prescription Pad to Treat Pain
- Fish Eaters Report Less Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- When Is an Opioid Safe to Take?
- Bill Seeks to Provide Acupuncture to U.S. Veterans
- Opioids Over-Prescribed After C-Sections: Studies
- 1 in 5 Weight-Loss Surgery Patients Using Opioids Years Later
- Deciding If Double Knee Replacement Is Right for You
- Taking Opioids Before Knee Surgery Could Raise Pain Later
- Many Opioid Addictions Surface After Surgery, Study Finds
- Health Tip: When to Worry About Neck Pain
- Music May Soothe the 'Savage Beast' of Post-Op Pain
- This Fanged Fish Might Someday Help Ease Your Pain
- What Drugs Work Best for Diabetic Nerve Pain?
- Drug No Better Than Placebo for Lower Back, Leg Pain
- Don't Punish Pregnant Women for Opioid Use, Docs Say
- Common Painkillers Don't Ease Back Pain, Study Finds
- Everyday Pain Relievers May Be Linked to Hearing Loss in Some Women
- What You Need to Know When Prescribed an Opioid Painkiller
- Opioids No Better Than Ibuprofen for Pain After Car Crash: Study
- A Benefit of Back Pain Surgery: Better Sex
- New Spine Stimulation Device Provides Pain Relief
- Researchers: We Found Area of Brain That Responds to Placebo
- Doctors Try Brain-Training to Curb 'Phantom Limb Pain'
- Many Take Opioids Reluctantly for Back Pain: Survey
- 'Fake Pills' May Help Ease Back Pain
- Health Tip: Need Pain Relief?
- For Migraine Sufferers, Is a Chiropractor's Touch All in the Mind?
- Study: Yoga as Good as Physical Therapy for Back Pain
- Could Prescribed NSAID Painkillers Raise Heart Failure Risk?
- Ketamine May Treat Migraine, Chronic Pain
- Countless Opioid Pills Unused by Dental-Surgery Patients
- Opioid Epidemic Costs U.S. $78.5 Billion Annually: CDC
- Even at Cancer Centers, Finding Relief for Pain Can Be Tough
- What Is Kratom? Why Does the DEA Want to Ban It?
- FDA: Opioids Plus Sedatives Pose Fatal OD Risk
- Medical Marijuana's Pain Relief May Work Better for Men
- Addiction Risk Low for Seniors Taking Post-Op Opioids: Study
- Doctors Urged to Prescribe Lower Doses of Opioids, No Refills
- Does 'Cupping' = Success for Olympic Athletes?
- 1 in 5 Opioid Users Also Might Be Abusing Seizure Drug: Study
- Health Tip: If You Have Pain in Your Shins
- Fentanyl-Laced 'Norco' Is Lethal, Report Warns
- New Guidelines Issued for Cancer Patients' Post-Treatment Pain
- Painkillers for Teen Athletes Won't Spur Addiction: Study
- Opioid Abusers Missing Out on Addiction-Fighting Drug
- Opioid Update: Painkiller Misuse in U.S. Doubled in Decade
- Patients Often Prescribed Extra Painkillers, Many Share Them
- Fewer Injured Workers Getting Opioid Prescriptions in Some States
- Many Take Opioids Months After Hip, Knee Replacements
- Prince Died From Potent Prescription Painkiller: Autopsy
- Painkiller Addiction Relapse More Likely for Some
- Anti-Addiction Drug May Help Curb Painkiller, Heroin Dependence
- Vivitrol Cuts Relapse Risk in Opioid Addicts
- Obama Seeks to Expand Opioid Addiction Treatment
- Nearly All U.S. Doctors 'Overprescribe' Addictive Narcotic Painkillers: Survey
- FDA Wants Generic Narcotic Painkillers to Be Abuse-Deterrent
- CDC Issues Tough New Guidelines on Use of Prescription Painkillers
- Nerve Block Technique Might Help Ease Chronic Back Pain
- Acupuncture May Help Ease Fibromyalgia Pain, Study Finds
- Did Painkiller Crackdown Cause Heroin Epidemic?
- Could Doctor Bias Be Affecting Your Treatment?
- Painkillers Often Gateway to Heroin for U.S. Teens: Survey
- Opioids: What Patients -- and Doctors -- Think
- Prescriptions Continue for Most Who Survive Painkiller ODs: Study
- Primary Care Docs the Leading Prescribers of Narcotic Painkillers: Study
- Electrical Stimulation May Ease Low Back Pain for Some
- More Americans Seek Treatment for Painkiller, Heroin Abuse
- Minority Patients in ER Less Likely to Get Painkillers for Abdominal Pain
- Acupuncture May Ease Neck Pain Over Long Term
- Prescription Drug Use on the Rise in U.S.
- Ex-NFL Star Helps Spread the Word on Risks Posed by Painkillers
- Genetic Makeup May Help Explain Methadone Overdoses
- Prescription Naproxen as Good as Narcotic Painkillers for Low Back Pain: Study
- Medical Marijuana Seems Safe for Chronic Pain Patients, Study Finds
- Chronic Pain Linked to ADHD
- Florida Laws May Help Lower Abuse of Prescription Painkillers
- 25 Million U.S. Adults Struggle With Daily Pain
- Yeast's New Use: Making Narcotic Painkillers
- In Rare Cases, Infection May Be at Root of Back Pain
- Antidepressant, Painkiller Combo May Raise Risk of Brain Bleed
- FDA Strengthens Warning on NSAIDs and Heart Risk
- No Change in Number of 'Living Wills' by U.S. Cancer Patients: Study
- Back Pain and Depression Combo Lessens Pain Relief from Narcotic Painkillers
- FDA Strengthens Heart Attack, Stroke Warning for Popular Painkillers
- Heroin Use on the Rise Among Women, Wealthier People, CDC Finds
- Who's Most Likely to Get Addicted to Their Narcotic Painkiller?
- Many Doctors Underestimate Risks of Prescription Painkillers: Survey
- Oxygen Chamber Therapy May Ease Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests
- Could These Common Pain-Relievers Lower Fertility?
- Spinal Stimulation System Relieves Pain Without Tingling
- ER Doctors Cautious When Prescribing Narcotic Painkillers: Study
- ER Practices Key to Helping Those Addicted to Painkillers: Study
- 'Tamper-Proof' Narcotic Painkiller May Be Curbing Abuse: Study
- Babies May Be More Sensitive to Pain Than Adults
- Study Casts Doubt on Acetaminophen for Low Back Pain, Arthritis
- One-Quarter of Narcotic Painkillers Misused, Study Shows
- In-Patient Rehab Not Always Needed After New Knee
- Obesity, Smoking, Drinking, Depression: All Linked to Low Back Pain
- Many May Be OK to Drive 2 Weeks After Getting New Hip: Study
- Early Scans for Back Pain May Do Little to Help Seniors
- British Scientists Spot Brain's Pain Center
- Painkiller-Addicted Babies a Growing U.S. Concern, Especially in Fla.
- Does Long-Term Acetaminophen Use Raise Health Risks?
- Health Tip: Avoid Overdosing on Pain Medication
- Narcotic Painkiller Use Tied to Higher Risk for Depression
- Acupuncture Less Effective for Skeptics
- Some Jobs Are a Pain in the Back
- Many Women of Childbearing Age Take Narcotic Painkillers: CDC
- Tuning In to Music May Ease Kids' Post-Op Pain, Study Finds
- A Virtual Refuge From Real Pain
- U.S. Doctors Cutting Back on Painkiller Prescriptions: Study
- Painkiller Tramadol Linked to Low Blood Sugar
- FDA Approves Injectable Device for Back, Leg Pain
- Fatal ODs From Narcotic Painkillers Have Tripled in U.S.
- FDA Panel Says Steroid Shots for Back Pain Can Continue
- Abuse-Resistant Prescription Painkiller Approved
- Three-Quarters of Young Baseball Players Have Arm Pain
- Certain Painkillers Tied to Raised Risk of Death After Stroke
- Almost 1 in 5 Americans Plagued by Constant Pain, Survey Suggests
- For a Child's Fracture, Use Ibuprofen, Not Morphine: Study
- Health Tip: Coping With Chronic Pain
- Post-Op Pain Management Improves in Past Decade, Survey Shows
- Repetitive Pitching May Cause Teens Serious Shoulder Problems
- Could Vitamin D Make Childbirth Less Painful?
- Health Tip: Relieving Pain During Delivery
- Acupuncture May Not Help Chronic Knee Pain, Study Finds
- Doctors' Group Issues Painkiller Guidelines
- U.S. Pledges Millions to Study Ways to Ease Soldiers' Pain
- Deaths From Narcotic Painkillers Quadrupled in Past Decade: CDC
- 'Doctor-Shopping' for Painkillers Common After Broken-Bone Surgery, Study Finds
- Fewer Painkiller Deaths in States With Medical Marijuana: Study
- Painkillers May Halve Risk of Breast Cancer Return in Obese Women: Study
- Lidocaine Injection May Help Treat Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests
- Skip the Steroids for Shoulder Pain?
- Tough-to-Abuse Formulation of Oxycodone Approved
- FDA Approves Hard-to-Abuse Narcotic Painkiller
- Acetaminophen May Not Help Against Back Pain, Study Contends
- Could 'Phone Care' Ring in New Approach to Pain Relief?
- Many U.S. Vets Suffer Chronic Pain, Take Narcotic Painkillers: Study
- Use Prescription Painkillers Safely
- Men Feel More Pain After Major Surgeries, Study Finds
- Physical Therapy May Not Improve Hip Arthritis, Study Finds
- FDA OKs Quick-Acting Antidote for Prescription Painkiller Overdose
- Doctors Often Comply When Patients Ask for Advertised Drugs: Study
- ERs Dispensing More Narcotic Painkillers: Study
- Study Finds 1 in 3 Tennesseans Uses Narcotic Painkillers Each Year
- FDA-Approved Painkiller Zohydro Concerns Critics
- Groups Push FDA to Revoke Approval of Highly Potent Painkiller
- Tarantula Venom Has Painkiller Potential: Study
- FDA Panel Sees No Heart-Safety Advantage With Naproxen
- FDA Advisers Revisit Heart Risks Posed by Painkillers
- Vitamin D Supplements May Help Ease Fibromyalgia Pain: Study
- What Yoga Can and Can't Do for You
- Health Tip: When Sore Muscles Warrant a Call to the Doctor
- Health Tip: Considering a Birthing Class?
- Most Teens Who Misuse Painkillers Aren't After a High, Study Finds
- Adjust the Lights, Hold the Morphine?
- Could a Neck Injection Ease Tough-to-Bear Hot Flashes?
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Add to Painkiller Dependence, Study Says
- FDA Announces New Safety Measures for Narcotic Painkillers
- Docs Order Too Many Narcotics, Pricey Scans for Back Pain: Study
- Poorer Patients Often Less Happy With Knee Replacement
- Most Docs OK With Medical Marijuana: Survey
- High Doses of Common Painkillers May Raise Risk for Heart Trouble
- Using Marijuana to Treat Pain? A Pill May Outlast a Puff
- Return-to-Work Rate High After Knee Replacement, Study Finds
- Steroid Shots Disappoint in Back Pain Study
- FDA Panel Weighs Tougher Restrictions on Some Prescription Painkillers
- Health Tip: Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Pain
- Pain Level After Car Crash Could Depend on Your Genes, Studies Say
- Many Hospitalized Children Experience Severe Pain: Report
- Extra Steps Urged to Cut Alcohol, Drug Use in Military: Report
- Acupuncture Pain Relief Is Real, Researchers Say
- Many Hospitalized Kids Struggle With Pain
- Methadone for Pain Relief Leading Cause of Fatal Overdoses: CDC
- Exercise Appears to Ease Nerve-Damage Pain in Rat Study
- U.S. Program Targets Antipsychotic Drug Use in Nursing Homes
- Cell Transplant Tested as Treatment for Nerve Pain in Mice
- Looking Away As You Get Needle Does Lower Pain, Study Shows
- Athletes Really Do Play Through the Pain
- Codeine After Surgery Could Endanger Certain Kids: Study
- People in Poor Neighborhoods Have More Pain, Study Finds
- Drug-Delivery Microchip Could Replace Daily Injections
- Health Tip: Treating Jaw Pain
- Obesity Linked to Worse Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- More Newborns Suffering Drug Withdrawal at Birth
- Acupuncture May Boost Pregnancy Success Rates
- Study: Music Can Ease Pain
- Spouse's Reaction May Affect Pain Management
- Dentist Gives Advice to Keep Holiday Smiles Bright
- Experimental Treatment May Help Relieve Back Pain
- 40 U.S. Deaths a Day from Prescription Painkillers
- Health Tip: Managing Pain After Surgery
- Pain Relief Strategy: Cross Your Arms?
- Chronic Pain of Fibromyalgia Takes Toll on Everyday Life
- Therapy, Exercise Help Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New Guidelines on When Kids Need Tonsillectomies
- Ear Infections: Antibiotics Often Not Needed
- Cancer Patients Live Longer With Palliative Care
- Diabetes Nerve Pain May Worsen at Night
- Words Really Do Hurt
- Brief Meditation Training Brings Pain Relief
- Talk Therapy May Treat Low Back Pain
- Wii Games Speed Stroke Rehab
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter