Paget's disease is a rare form of cancer that forms in or around the nipple and frequently coexists with breast cancer. The exact cause of Paget's disease is unknown. Symptoms and signs include redness, scaling, and flaking of the nipple skin. A biopsy and imaging studies are needed to diagnose the disease. Treatment may include surgery, radiation, and adjuvant therapy. Read more: Paget Disease of the Breast Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
Learn about breast cancer causes, symptoms, tests, recovery, and prevention. Discover the types of treatments such as surgery and...
Breast Cancer Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
This Breast Cancer Quiz features signs, symptoms, facts, causes, common forms, terms, risk factors, statistics, and more. ...
Related Disease Conditions
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...
Breast Lumps (In Women)
Breast lumps in women can have a variety of causes such as breast inflammation, infection, injuries, cancer, and non-cancerous...
Paget's disease is a chronic bone disorder due to irregular breakdown and formation of bone tissue. Symptoms of Paget's disease...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Women's health is an important topic area to guide a woman through the stages of her life, as well as knowing the conditions and...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize serious diseases and health problems like strokes, heart attacks, cancers, reproductive problems in...
Male Breast Cancer
Male breast cancer accounts for 1% of all breast cancers, and most cases are found in men between the ages of 60 and 70. A man's...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow, and how abnormal they look under a...
Breast Cancer Recurrence
Breast cancer most often recurs within the first three to five years after the initial treatment. Changes in the look, feel, or...
The breast, or mammary gland is made up of lobules, milk producing glands, and a system of ducts to transport milk. Both males...
Breast Cancer in Young Women
About 5% of cases of breast cancer occur in women under the age of 40 years old. Some risk factors for breast cancer in young...
Breast Cancer Prevention
Lifestyle changes, a healthy antioxidant-rich diet, exercise, and weight reduction can help reduce a woman's risk of developing...
Breast Cancer and Lymphedema
Lymphedema is a common chronic, debilitating condition in which excess fluid called lymph collects in tissues and causes swelling...
Breast Cancer Clinical Trials
Breast cancer clinical trials are research programs designed to evaluate new medical treatments, drugs, or devices for the...
Breast Cancer and Coping With Stress
Being diagnosed with breast cancer is stressful. Learning relaxation techniques, exercising, eating well, getting adequate sleep,...
Cancer survivors face ongoing physical, mental, occupational, and relationship challenges. Cancer survivors must coordinate...
Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
Breast cancer occurs in about 1 in every 1,000 pregnant women. Treatment of breast cancer during pregnancy involves surgery, but...
Paget's Disease of The Nipple - Symptoms
What were your symptoms of Paget's disease of the nipple?Post View 14 Comments
Paget Disease of the Breast - Treatment
What was the treatment for your Paget disease of the breast?Post View 2 Comments
Paget Disease of the Breast - Experience
Please describe your experience with Paget disease of the breast.Post View 3 Comments
Paget Disease of the Breast - Diagnosis
Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of Paget disease of the breast.Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Breast Biopsy
- Skin Biopsy
- Radiation Therapy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Clinical Trials
- Breast Reconstruction
- Preventive Mastectomy
- Breast Self Exam
- Breast Reconstruction Without Implants
- Breast Cancer Follow-Up Self-Exam
- Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Inverted Nipple
- Breast Pain
- Breast Discharge (Nipple Discharge)
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Breast Lumps in Women
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Breast Cancer Husband
- Breast Cancer Treatment Update
- Breast Cancer: A Feisty Women's Discussion
- Breast Cancer, Taking Control: Self-Advocacy 101
- Breast Cancer: The Male View on Survival and Support
- Breast Cancer: Mother-daughter relationships
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer: Early Diagnosis and Prevention
- Breast Cancer Treatments. Oct. 29, 2002.
- Breast Cancer: Early Stage Treatments
- Breast Cancer: Clinical Trials - Today's Cutting Edge
- Breast Cancer, Metastatic: Treatment Goals and Therapy Options -- Harold J. Burstein, MD
Medications & Supplements
- tamoxifen (Soltamox, Nolvadex)
- cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan)
- anastrozole (Arimidex)
- letrozole, Femara
- testosterone undecanoate (Aveed)
- exemestane - oral, Aromasin
- Herceptin (trastuzumab)
- methyltestosterone - oral, Android, Testred
- pamidronate - injection, Aredia
- docetaxel, Taxotere, Docefrez
- fulvestrant - injection, Faslodex
- methyltestosterone w/ estrogen - oral, Estratest
- megestrol, Megace, Megace ES
- goserelin - implant, Zoladex
- capecitabine, Xeloda
- testosterone - intramuscular, Delatestryl, Tesamone
- toremifene - oral, Fareston
- fluoxymesterone - oral
- epirubicin - injection, Ellence
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter