Patient Comments: Ovarian Cysts - Experience

Please share your experience with ovarian cysts. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: feeling helpless, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

My pain started on September, 20, 2016. After two rays, the diagnosis was disc disease. After two prescriptions were unsuccessful with relieving the pain in my lower right, lower pelvic area I had a visit to the emergency room. Same diagnosis after their x-rays and two more prescriptions, including a pain killer. Still did not found any relief so I paid for my own MRI. That showed ovarian cysts and now I am waiting again for a doctor visit. My pain has gotten exceedingly worse as time goes on. Someday, I cannot walk or bend because it stiffens me up so painfully. Nothing working yet.

Comment from: vangrav, Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I forced my doctor to test all of my T3, T4 and my antibodies. I have Graves' disease which later became Hashimoto's disease. I took myself off methimazole and asked for levothyroxine. They put me on a small dose and the ovarian cyst shrunk immediately. I want to get on a higher dose of levothyroxine to shrink the left now. Gonad pituitary axis, along with the hypothalamus, GnRH, everything needs to be examined. We will discover much.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Women's Health Newsletter