Patient Comments: Ovarian Cancer - Diagnosis

How did your ovarian cancer diagnosis come about? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: skittlesRgood92, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I'm 23 and have been battling health problems for a few years but now I have insurance and am getting things checked out. I have awful joint pain, facial hair growth, abdominal and pelvic aching and pains, bloating especially at night, no menstruation in 3 years, rapid pulse, fatigue, depression, mood swings, etc. My obstetrician/gynecologist was very concerned and said she suspects ovarian cancer or pre cancer. I'm waiting for my lab and exam results and am having a transvaginal ultrasound soon. I also have a breast lump and my mother died at 29 with breast cancer.

Comment from: Cathy1, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I had severe chest pains and had tests that revealed an aneurysm in the ascending aorta, but the CT scan showed a tumor attached to my ovary. Blood test showed cancer markers are up. I am scheduled to have another CT scan in two days and removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and cervix scheduled for next week. I still don"t know for sure that it"s cancer.

Comment from: Julie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had a diagnosis of pneumonia. After many antibiotics, I got diarrhea. The doctor asked for stool specimens, but within hours, I never had another bowel movement. I went to ER after vomiting copious amount of black/green bile mixed with blood. A CT scan revealed a large abdominal mass blocking my lower colon. During a colonoscopy, they were unable to push the scope through the mass. A laparotomy revealed stage 4 ovarian cancer. I've had three treatments so far, and will get another CT scan to see if the cancer has shrunk enough to surgically remove the rest of it.

Comment from: Mary Jo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have been terribly bloated for months, and have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), so lots of bowel problems. I have back pain and a constant pain on my left side right by my belly button. I had a knotted bowel as a baby along with an appendix removal. Also sometimes I bleed when I bear down from a bowel movement. I have a partial hysterectomy so still have ovaries. I have a prolapse as well, had surgery but it didn't work very well. So reading about ovarian cancer is scary. I should go for my colonoscopy I guess which was supposed to be last year. Clothes feel the same but stomach is always distended and bloating most days!

Comment from: Jennie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I'm concerned that I might have ovarian cancer. I have a lot of the symptoms that people on here mention. I'm so scared. I'm going for my pelvic ultrasound on May 1st.

Comment from: roveo1, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 08

I was constipated and had an obstruction in bowel before I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

View Ovarian Cancer Slideshow Pictures