Patient Comments: Osteoporosis - Treatment

What kinds of treatment, including medication or supplements, have you tried for your osteoporosis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: lsparrow6, 65-74 (Patient) Published: December 30

I have osteoporosis and had one injection of Prolia, with bad side effects, the doctor wants me to take another one but I really don't want to. I'm taking calcium for osteoporosis, which upsets my stomach at times so then I go to coral calcium.

Comment from: biddy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I was diagnosed with osteopenia 7 years ago and was on Fosavance until last year - it was of no benefit as my DEXA scan has now shown I am in early osteoporosis. I take calcium with vitamin D also. Instead of Fosavance I am now getting a Prolia injection twice a year.

Comment from: scrubbs, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 16

I have taken Protelos, which I found to be very good for osteoporosis. I then was given Prolia injection and I got painful spasms from that so I had only one injection. I am now taking Conbriza 20 mg daily, I don't know how good it is.

Comment from: hanako, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I had Fosamax only for 2 days due to fever, then took Actonel for 7 years, now I am off medication for a year because my condition improved but I take calcium with vitamin D tablet. I need to get some dental work to be done.

View the Osteoporosis Slideshow Pictures