Patient Comments: Osteoporosis - Risk Factors and Causes

Do you have any risk factors for osteoporosis? What are they? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: applehead, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I want to let everybody know you can get stronger bones and make them healthy and you do not need to use drugs. Bones will be rebuilt by doing moderate weight training. I suggest using the weight vest and also eat lots of green leafy vegetables!

Comment from: Kathy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I'm a 45 year old woman. I have broken my foot, a stress fracture, at work a few times, just from walking. I have gotten the DEXA scan done. My T-score is -2.8.

Comment from: Mom1963, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

I have always had frequent bone density tests due to the fact my sister has osteoporosis. Tests always came back negative. One morning I woke up with my hand red and swollen – mostly the thumb and palm area. Now the Doctor says I have severe osteoporosis. I'm just wondering if this happens often.

View the Osteoporosis Slideshow Pictures