Patient Comments: Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Prognosis

What's the prognosis of your non-Hodgkin's lymphoma? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Superman, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 16

I felt sick and without energy in March of 2016, and I related it to the fact that I had just traveled to Washington State from California to watch my father die. It was during flu season, my brother was sick, I'd visited 2 hospitals and flown with people who were most definitely spreading germs. I just thought I had the flu. My throat hurt and I was tired, every minute of the day. After 3 weeks, I finally went to a doctor. It was 20 years since I'd made an appointment to see a doctor. I was found to have non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). It was early, stage 1 low symptoms. Biopsy showed that treatment at this stage would not have to be overly aggressive. I recently had my second Rituxan infusion. I'm so close to showing no cancer at this point, but we won't be sure until around December. I'm feeling better, but physically feel slow. My side effects and drug reactions were hard to deal with, but cancer is never an easy fight. Depression was honestly the worst of it. I hope to be able to finally tell my family that I'm ok, very soon. I've lived with this by myself since my diagnosis. It's a daily struggle, but I will win! Good luck to everyone that has to fight!

Comment from: Nell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

I had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) in 2008. I was told I'm cured, when I touch the right side of my neck it feels like a bruise, I can't feel a lump but I am very scared the NHL has returned.

Comment from: Cassie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma 1 1/2 years ago. My practitioner discovered I had a serious medical condition, as I was swelling or bloating a lot. I have had some breathing and allergies, but was sent to a specialist to help with this. I feel all this is symptoms from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma even though doctor reluctant to say. I have hot and cold spells at times, which is part of my condition. I had another CT scan to see how my lymph nodes are now. I was told this is the better of any cancers, but wondering, as I am not sure what is for me down the road. I have been gaining weight instead of losing with this condition, so maybe this is part of the disease as well. I will continue living my life as normal as I can.

Comment from: Whitrigg, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I was diagnosed a year ago with this condition following a small biopsy taken from my neck which had several small enlarged nodes, and was then told I had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, described as indolent! They are seeing me about every six months, I am aware I do not have any of the symptoms but very rarely have night sweating. I am reducing my weight by very active dog walking so am, I think, not having any of the symptoms as described.

Comment from: 52 year old, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

I am 52 years old and I have had a chronic cough for over 4 years. I had the million dollar work up, no GERD, no asthma. I have pain and pressure under the base of my tongue near my lingual tonsil. Fatigue is indescribable. No weight loss. There is chest pressure that will at times wake me up out of a sleep. Also hoarseness. All these symptoms started after a root canal and finally a tooth extraction. My brother has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and sister has Wegner's disease. I am seeing ENT again in a few weeks. Beyond frustrated.

View the Cancer Symptoms Women Ignore Slideshow