Patient Comments: Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Symptoms

What symptoms of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma did you experience when you were diagnosed? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: lizzy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

In March of 2014 I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. About a year prior to that I found a lump in my groin area. I eventually had a core biopsy and then decided to have it removed. I also experienced night sweats and general tiredness. The core biopsy was inconclusive. When the results from the surgery came back I was scared and was devastated with the news that I had cancer. After having scans it was determined to be stage 1. I had 3 rounds of chemotherapy and 15 days of radiation. Today I am happy to say I am well; side effects are early menopause and I have lost my hearing in my right ear (yet to be determined why). My love to those that are currently fighting the battle. Be strong!

Comment from: Janice, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 25

I am a caregiver for my sister who has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It was detected when she went for her mammogram in February 2016. Part of her armpit was in the image of the mammogram. She is suffering terribly with itching. The doctor has prescribed a very strong Benadryl type medication and Zanax to help her relax. She finally had her 1st round of chemotherapy on 9-27-16 and was hoping that would stop the itch but it has not.

Comment from: Sickhubby001, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 30

My husband has been experiencing serve lower right abdominal pain, night sweats, constipation and diarrhea (at different times of course), nausea, fatigue, and unknown weight loss for the past 5ish months. He is 30. We have had many tests and he has already had appendix out because of this (was normal, but they thought that was the cause). He had latterly elevated blood counts and the only CT scan we have had done showed tiny lymph nodes on his liver which were abnormal. He is currently on very strong pain medications and he is seeing both a general physician and a gastroenterologist. We only have gotten told that it might be lymphoma, but that"s all in 5 months. We have our next specialist appointment in just over a week.

View the Cancer Symptoms Women Ignore Slideshow