Patient Comments: Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: ginny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

After 5 intestinal obstructions over 5 months this year, I had surgery to remove a tumor in the intestine. It turned out to be non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, stage 1. My only symptoms were abdominal pain and some weight loss. I will have my third R-CHOP treatment next week, then 3 more, one every 3 weeks. So far I feel pretty lousy but look forward to finishing it by the end of the year.

Comment from: Shirish, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 24

I suddenly noticed a small lump in my neck area in 2011. It was painless and I was active in my job. However as a matter of precaution, I decided to go for biopsy and the diagnosis was non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. My oncologist advised me to go for PET, CT scan, and chemotherapy. I go for regular follow up. It's more than 5 years from the date of my last chemotherapy and I am ok. Timely diagnosis and treatment by a good oncologist is of very much important.

Comment from: tmcgrath, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I was diagnosed with 2 forms of B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) in January 2012, indolent follicular and large diffuse. The doctor told me the follicular mutated into the large diffuse which was fortunate as it produced symptoms; abdominal pain, night sweats, and itching. It was stage 2, isolated in a couple of regions of the abdominal mesentery tissue near the aorta, kidneys and small intestines. I was given 6 R-CHOP chemotherapy treatments every 3 weeks followed by Rituxan maintenance every 8 weeks for 2 years. It has been over 5 years and I remain cancer free. The only lingering side effect is neuropathy in the soles of my feet. The doctor says follicular lymphoma tends to recur but, so far, so good! Good luck!

Comment from: Matt, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been diagnosed with follicular lymphoma. I haven't asked what grade it is. I have extreme body pain and I am concerned that I may have (neurolymphomatosis). I am halfway through my treatments and my abdominal tumors are shrinking. I believe my doctors are delaying telling me about the possibility of neurolymphomatosis, I see no other reason why I would have so much pain.

Comment from: Patrick, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 11

I was watching a program on TV one day and noticed a fairly large lump in my neck. I asked my wife to feel it and she felt I should call the doctor immediately which I did. He brought me in right away and had a biopsy taken. The biopsy confirmed cancer as potentially non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. A week later the lump was surgically removed and the cancer was verified as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Because the cancer was found quickly I did not require chemotherapy, only radiation treatments and a bone marrow biopsy all of which lasted for about 6 to 9 months. I was tested for 5 years afterwards before being considered cancer free. And that is where I stand today, 10 years after the fact. Early diagnoses saved my life.

Comment from: marhadaway, (Patient) Published: December 22

I had pain in groin and doctor ordered sonogram and blood work. He sent me to a hematologist and he ordered CT and biopsy, but they did not do biopsy as I cannot have the dye. I went back for a follow up and he said I had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and would watch blood work every 3 months. I asked for a PET scan, and it is all in one area. He tells me not to worry about it.

Comment from: gaz, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 18

In 2003 I had a lump under my arm, which after a biopsy turned out to be non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I had to have a CT scan, which found it in my chest and under the other arm. I had chemotherapy for 6 months and was told it had gone. In 2004 I decided to give up work, because I thought life is too short to work in a factory for the rest of my life. I have spent the last 11 years enjoying my life, travelling, dancing and learning anything that interests me.

Comment from: naej, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I started coughing in July 2013, 4 months after I gave birth to my 3rd child at the age of 31. It lasted for almost 2 months, thinking that it was only an allergy. This resulted in chest pain and shortness of breath which I had never experienced before. I have undergone x-ray and CT scan and a mediastinal mass was found on my left chest. Series of biopsies were done and a negative result was always revealed. It was finally diagnosed as large B cell lymphoma stage 4, in the end of December 2013 after the fourth biopsy. I have undergone 8 cycles of CHOP for my chemotherapy and was followed by 20 days radiation therapy that ended in September 2014. In November 2014, I found out that I was pregnant with my 4th child. But my CT scan revealed that there is only a very slight regression of my mediastinal mass and additional new lesions were found in both my lungs. My oncologist suggested another chemotherapy, R-CHOP but since I was pregnant, the plan was cancelled. My CBC, LDH and other blood chemistry tests were monitored, including my physical activities during my pregnancy. Everything went normal until I gave birth to a very healthy baby boy this July. Now, I have just done my CT scan and I was very positive that my tumor and lesions were gone. My x-ray revealed a clear and normal result. Now, I'm enjoying each day nursing my little angel and playing with my other 3 kids, aged 4, 3 and 2. My weapons were right food and positive outlook in life. Plus the 24/7 support of my husband, friends and other family members.

Comment from: dobo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

On January 2012, I had my spleen taken out and the doctor told me it was non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. The doctors thought they got it all so they just kept a close eye on me. In 6 months I had a PET scan and it showed that I had stage 3 non-Hodgkin's follicular lymphoma. The cancer was from my hip area to my neck. I went through 6 rounds of chemotherapy and as of now, I'm still in remission. I have always tried to do what the doctor tells me and I also try to keep a positive attitude. I've been through breast cancer in 2008 and I tried to keep a positive outlook on things. I think that it is very important to have a positive attitude. How are you going to get better if you keep thinking negative! Oh, I'm not saying that we don't have our moments, but just so we keep going back to that positive attitude. Good Luck to everyone and hope everything goes well for you all.

Comment from: ehin881939, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

My cancers were caught on annual exams. The year before my exams only showed low platelets. I saw the oncologist at that time but took supplements to bring up platelets. So the next year, my mammogram showed breast cancer and my annual blood work showed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. The oncologist's office said I needed to get to a surgeon for the breast cancer lumpectomy. And then I remembered one of the best surgeons ever that I had seen for skin tags. He had a zero infection rate. And I booked my appointment with him. With this decision I got some power back. That is what a cancer patient needs, some power and control and loving support, radiation for breast and chemotherapy for blood. At present there is no evidence of breast cancer and the blood is in remission (this was above and below diaphragm). I still need my chemotherapy but making platelets. Find your power and your good doctors.

Comment from: Greg, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I was on vacation with my son. I was 52 in 2002 and in good health as far as I knew. We were horseback riding on the beach, when on a sudden my back went out. I thought I had slipped a disc. Over the next several days, I saw 2 bone crunchers and had a home remedy performed that should have killed me! It turns out that cancer ate through my spine. By the time I was able to get back and get it diagnosed it was another couple weeks. I went to a cancer ward and was staged 4 with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma with a terminal diagnosis but had a chance with immediate treatment of chemotherapy and radiation. It has been 12 years and 5 months since I received 6 months of treatment. My lymphoma has returned this fall, and I am awaiting a lymph node removal and biopsy. I hope I have the strength to be able to continue the fight. Every day is a holiday and I am thankful for everything. Never quit, be brave and fight the fight!

Comment from: terigen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

At age 60 I was diagnosed with extensive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), follicular, mixed cell, primarily B type. I had lost weight, was itchy, had severe night chills (not sweats), and too many tumors to count, as per CT scan. I had the Rituxan, with CVP, and did very well, then went into a 2 year program of Rituxan every 6 months. That was 7 years now since diagnosis, and I'm doing well. I am starting to have a few more symptoms, but will see my oncologist next month. The chemotherapy wasn't so bad, so don't be afraid. Trust your doctor. Good luck all.

Comment from: RBMATHIS, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) stage 4, and in my bone marrow, in Feb. 2011. I had to have my spleen removed due to being severely enlarged. I took 6 treatments of chemotherapy, my regimen was 'CHOP'. Due to having my spleen removed I was put out of work for 6 months, which I believe was a help not having the worry of going into work. After 3 years of being cancer free, my concern is, for NHL patients if the cancer should return what kind it will likely be. Seems with each 6 months of blood work, I have that fear... I take life one day at a time and enjoy each day that I get!

Comment from: Ian Mc, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin"s lymphoma (NHL) in 1999. I had CHOP and radiation treatment and made a good recovery. Unfortunately I was feeling somewhat unwell for a while in late 2012 and again it was found that the NHL had returned. This time I had treatment of R-Chop. A good result again that there was no sign of the cancer. I am now on the rituximab maintenance for the next 2 years, taken every 3 months. So far so good. I just feel so tired and find it hard some days to function right. Every pain or ache you think something is not right. You just try and get your head in the right space. I want to go back to work but find it very difficult to imagine what I could do. I think you must try and push through things. I hope things do get better and encourage everyone to do the same. I am sure we can get through this and with some support from loved ones I reckon it is doable. Keep at it all. Do your best.

Comment from: lyncat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I have had chemotherapy followed by radiation to my right hip. I had 8 areas in my bones with lesions. I now have only 2 lesions. I went to a renowned cancer research hospital and given 2 to 5 years. That was back in March. I am doing infusions of an antibody every 2 months to keep my cancer at bay. What a whirlwind! I"m not sure what to make of all this, but I do know that I enjoy life each and every day!

Comment from: Reggie, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 04

My 65 year old brother was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma a couple of years ago. He went through two rounds of chemotherapy and was told by his doctor that he was cured! Seven months later, it reappeared in his lymph nodes. Yesterday I took him in to his doctor's office for a simple blood test and his counts were all so low that I had to bring him to the emergency room for a blood transfusion. When we got there, they ran a bunch of tests and found that he was in AF (atrial fibrillation) and had pneumonia. He is in isolation now in the hospital after being transfused and on mega doses of antibiotics. I just hope he has the strength to fight the pneumonia.

Comment from: ruthie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

In 2007 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 acute T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. I was treated with 8 rounds of chemotherapy, 15 treatments of chemotherapy to the brain via the spine, 22 treatments of radiation, and then another 1 1/2 years of out-patient chemotherapy. It was very rare for a person of 62 to have this kind of cancer. As of November my oncologist has told me that I am cured! It was a success story!

Comment from: jol, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

Two days after returning from a beach vacation I suddenly had a terrible back ache. Prior to this I had no problems. In fact was running 3 miles 4 times a week. Back pain was intermittent at first then it became worst and felt like I was passing kidney stone. The doctor's pain medications were of no help so finally had a CT scan that showed a large mass on the left side sitting on the kidney. The pain was pretty horrible so I ended up in the hospital and there I had a biopsy and was diagnosed with stage 3 NHL (non-Hodgkin's lymphoma). Fortunately it was in one location. I had 6 rounds of CHOP. It was pretty tough but my body held out. I had great support from family and from friends and lots of good wishes. I am cancer free today and continue to get scans every 4 months.

Comment from: spiprn1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

My lymphoma was detected after I went to the doctor for 3 lumps in my left groin that had grown. I went to the surgeon and he did biopsy and it came back as B-cell lymphoma. The doctor states it is most likely in stage 4 because it is so aggressive and fast growing. I am scheduled for R-CHOP starting this next week.

Comment from: mikialways, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 28

I am twenty four years old and I had a swollen lymph node in my neck. I thought I had the flu at first so didn't worry about the swelling. Four months later it grew bigger and I decided to get it checked up. Three doctors could not tell me what it was so I finally found my old doctor and she told me it is lymphoma. Yesterday I got this news, tomorrow is my twenty-fifth birthday, and we are still in the process of figuring out the stage. I am terrified, I won't lie, but at least I got some answers and now know what is next.

Comment from: Lana, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

Two years ago I was diagnosed with indolent splenic marginal zone lymphoma. But then a year ago it became aggressive and almost killed me. I had 6 CHOP-R chemotherapy and doing okay. I am now on Rituxan maintenance every 3 months. Although I have good blood tests, I feel so tired that I sleep more than I am awake. I can't hold any job, I used to work in a pharmacy but I can't stand on my feet for more than an hour.

Comment from: Liz, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 15

My mom was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). They gave her chemotherapy and she was cancer free for 6 months and then it came back. She then received a stem cell transplant. This treatment didn't work. I think perhaps because she was too old for this type of treatment. There is the risk for infections. Good luck all of you as you fight this cancer. Keep strong and don't give up.

Comment from: 66y0stagea, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

From age 18 I had problems in my respiratory system that resulted in a right middle lobectomy at 34. Further problems brought on pulmonary sarcoidosis at 52. From 54 onwards I took methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis (RA). At 65 I was treated with Aldara for a facial basal cell carcinoma (BCC). I was lucky and the BCC cleared up without any visible signs. I have now been diagnosed with indolent follicular non-Hodgkin"s lymphoma (NHL) stage three.

Comment from: JP, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 20

My husband was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (stage 4) at age 44 on December 26, 2007. (That was one heck of a Christmas present!) Our entire life was thrown upside down. He has undergone chemo, and his cancer is in remission. It seems that all we hear is negative words when it comes to the “c” word. I struggle every day just to get through the day without thinking about it. The doctors say that my husband looks really good and is doing well, but every time he gets a simple cold or flu I flip out. Anxiety builds and I can't even tell him what's causing it because I don't want to worry him. My husband is also juicing and is doing well with it. I pray for all those who suffer from "c" that God may give them and their families the strength to carry on.

Comment from: Desi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

At the age of 43 in 2003, I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). By this time, it had spread to my bone marrow. I had a tumor inside my upper nose cavity. I started CHOP treatment and felt good for six months when the tumor had returned. I started my second ICE treatment, and that didn't work. The tumor shrank, but it did not disappear. In October of 2004, it was recommended that I have a stem cell transplant, and since my transplant, I have felt terrific. Each day I think it will come back, as I was told there was no cure for this disease. But at my last three-month visit in January of 2008, my doctor told me he feels confident it will not come back. It has now been almost six years since my diagnosis, and I do believe in positive thinking. While having all my treatments, I carried on with going to work, coming home, cooking and cleaning the house as if there was nothing wrong with me, and I feel that is what has helped me through this, rather than sitting at home and feeling sorry for myself. I have since seen my eldest son get married, and I now have a beautiful granddaughter named after me. For those who are going through this, there is always hope. The best medicine I found was daily fresh fruit juice. The oranges, apples, pears, and pineapple, carrot and celery were thrown into my juice machine, and I drank about 300 milliliters a day without fail. This will combat most days where the chemo has hit hard and helps you to continue to build your immune system while it's being knocked about. And of course positive thinking; the mind is a strong.

Comment from: Harry, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

Two years ago I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). I was a healthy 62-year-old male, and this was the fist case of this in our family history. The doctors described it as being the most aggressive that they had ever seen. Now after all my treatments, which included chemotherapy and a successful stem cell transplant, I am in remission and enjoying life again. Hang in there; never ever give up hope. Our nurses and doctors are first class.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My dad means the world to me and I was just informed that his non-Hodgkins lymphoma cancer has metastasize and is in his liver the size of a grapefruit. He also has a tumor growing inside of the neck area that has made his trachea shift. He already received aggressive chemotherapy and radiation to the neck area and the tumor continues to grow. The Dr. just told my family that he is not curable but they will make him as comfortable as possible. I forgot to mention that he just had a stroke after being admitted into the hospital for the cancer. I don't understand why it's not curable he has been going for this treatments and was a strong healthy man. Why didn't anyone suggest stem cell transplant or was this not an option in his case?

Comment from: Diana, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

June 25th I noticed a groin lymph node was swollen-I started running a fever for 3 days-thought I had the flu. Had night sweats along with fever. Went to ER and they ran a CAT scan and saw that the lymph nodes in just the left side of my body up to my heart were swollen. Was sent to a cancer doctor who had a biopsy done of the node-but still knows nothing-watching and waiting. Went back again 8/14 to see doctor-still nothing-will have CAT scan with contrast today 8/15. Thought for sure with all the blood and biopsy taken they would know if I had lymphoma by now. Is this the usual? Is it so hard to detect? My symptoms all point to lymphoma-I am a 41 year old woman. I think the doctor is trying to diagnose me by male symptoms of the disease. Did it take awhile for everyone to get a diagnosis with this disease? The doctor seemed disappointed yesterday that I wasn't better-he says he is stumped by my blood results-cause they aren't pointing that way. Is this a good sign or his he too early in the detection of it? My symptoms are fever, night sweats, flushing of skin, neck pain, chest pain, pain on both sides of body at times, thigh pain, headaches, fatigue. I am not looking for anything but input here-I just need to know what I am experiencing with my doctor is normal-that this may take awhile to diagnose.

Comment from: D, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 05

I was perfectly healthy and 25 and one day I got a cough that never left. I was diagnosed with diffuse large B cell lymphoma in stage 2. Cancer really has a way of derailing almost your whole life. Chemotherapy will tear down your body and tear down your mind but all the effort in the world will go to waste if you don't believe you can win.

Comment from: L oving Sister, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 08

My brother died April 4, 2009. After his chemo had finished, and he was about to undergo radiation treatment, he complained about shallow breathing and pain in his abdomen (the upper part below his ribcage). In less than 24 hours, he died after two consecutive seizures. It was very, very painful.All the while we thought he would survive. It is true that non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is unpredictable.

Comment from: Sharon, 75 or over Male Published: May 08

My 75-year-old brother has a recurrence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and currently is in the hospital. He also has complications with diabetes and has had several toes removed. When the latest removal of a toe caused an infection, he was given many antibiotics, but the toe has not cleared up. Now he is back in the hospital where he keeps retaining fluid in his lungs. When they removed the fluid, they found cancer cells. They no longer can postpone his chemo treatment because his white cells are elevated extremely high.

Comment from: sammie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I had lymphoma in 1982. I had a lump under my arm. I had this removed by a local injection, as at the time, the doctors thought it was a fatty tumor and not serious. When it was sent away for an analysis, they found it was lymphoma. I had radiation therapy and have been well since. I go back for regular check-ups and have been OK since.

Comment from: Tvaldez, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

I was diagnosed with stage IV non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2002. I am currently receiving chemo for the fourth time. I have had four regiments, and I still need to get two more. I was also hospitalized for seven days in December of last year and diagnosed with PCP (a form of pneumonia). I have been on antibiotics since then, and I have to be on them the whole time I am on chemo since my pulmonary specialist tells me I could get it again because of my compromised immune system. If you or a loved one is going through treatment, have faith and think positive.

Published: February 02

My mother was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lympoma in 2006. She hasn't had any treatment yet, but the doctor has suggested she try Rituxan. Her legs hurt her so badly that she can hardly walk. The doctors have run every test we know of. They say it is not the lymphoma that is causing the problems with her legs, but they can't find any other reason.

Comment from: rhondagordner, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 02

My father was told he had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in September of 2006. We were told that he would have no problem beating it. He had different kinds of chemo and radiation, but when those didn't work and stem cell was not an option, we knew it was close to the end. Dad was never a sick person before this, but toward the end, he was very sick from the chemo. Before cancer, he weighed 223 pounds. At his death, he weighed 87 pounds. I hope they find a cure soon.

Comment from: Wendi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I am a 39 year old woman I who was diagnosed with stage 2 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I have two sons 20 and 14. I never thought I would be the one to get cancer I have never been sick, but what I would like everyone to know is your mind has so much to do with your healing. I have had six months of chemo and I am so lucky it is going well Good Luck to all out there fighting this it is hard and unforgiving at times, but life is worth the fight!

Comment from: Rachael, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I am 24 years old, and I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma when I was 18. I went through six months of chemotherapy, then one month of radiation. Then I went into remission for six years. In that time, I gave birth to two beautiful children. I have just now been re-diagnosed and have started a new type of chemotherapy. It is a scary process, but stay positive and live life to the fullest. You will find it will make you a stronger person in the future.

Published: June 26

I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin Lymphoma. The tumor is the size of a grapefruit in my mediastinum. After 6 months of chop treatment I went into remission. I don't usually feel well but all my exams such as ct's and pet's scan are normal as per my oncologist. Although the last year I have been feeling pretty bad. Recently I have pain to my upper lung area. Sensitive to touch and my chest feels like someone is sitting on it. My stress level is pretty high. I feel bad calling my doctor's for answers since they think I am a hypochondriac

Published: June 20

I was diagnosed with nhl 1 week before last Xmas. Tests have shown that I have it in my stomach and I am on a wait and see. I now have swellings in my throat and tend to get pains there from time to time including sudden and painful head pains which disappear as soon as they have come. I wondered if this was anything to do with my NHL and if anyone else has the same problems.

Comment from: laurie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 09

I'm a 49 year old female diagnosed one month ago with a very rare primary breast lymphoma Stage 2 MALT. I was also diagnosed with Hep B antibodies and Hep C. No symptoms of any disease, just a small lump (2cm) in my right breast. I was started on Rituxan/Zevalin for lymphoma and Epivir for the B antibodies nothing yet for the Hep C. I had backache from Rituxan and akathisia from Benadryl during the first infusion. The second infusion was fine. I'm somewhat tired but getting more energy daily. The doctors say platelets will start dropping in approximately 2 weeks. What then? Seems odd to be treated for such serious stuff when I felt fine.

Comment from: jake, Published: October 15

My brother died yesterday. I can't believe that a cure for cancer has not been found with all the billions of dollars spent on research. Or is it because there is more money to be made in treatment rather than the actual cure.

Comment from: Rosie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 42 year old female who was diagnosed with NHL weeks before i turned 40. I was in a stressful job and was eventually diagnosed after months of symptoms namely a persistent cough and breathing difficulties. I had stage 2 lymphoma, mediastinal mass. I was treated with chemo - a harsh regime of nine months intensive (as a 10 year old with leukemia). On month five i nearly died of posterior leukoencephalopathy. I had almost 2 years maintenance chemo and I am now in remission and apart from a few memory problems and 'misfiring' I am 'healthy'! I have three children and a fab husband and am not worried abut it coming back as long as it's not too soon.

Comment from: Karen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I am about 8 years out from treatment for non Hodgkins lymphoma. I went through the Stanford V protocol with 8 weeks of chemo and then radiation. I am now having some major trouble with sensitivity to sound (weird) in my teeth. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment from: kvh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

It was discovered that I had a large tumor on my left kidney. I underwent open renal surgery. The doctor was unable to remove the tumor and had to remove the entire kidney. I was told that 3% of the cells studied were Lymphoma cells. Initially it was thought that I had Waldenstrom but after many tests learned that I had multi-zonal mantel Cell B Lymphoma. I am now in the maintenance phase of the treatment. Currently I am feeling fine but experienced a severe skin reaction after the 1st maintenance dose of Rituxan in July. It is now September and that issue has not been resolved so far the only thing that has helped is prednisone which has caused other side effects such as lack of sleep, mood changes and weight gain.

Published: July 25

I am a 39-year-old mother of two little boys and am now only two years in remission. I was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma, and offered three months to live. I have the most amazing consultant. I believe in positive thinking and the power to survive for my boys. It was a long and hard journey, nearly dying from pneumonia in between chemo round three and four. Every day I worry it will return. Every day I hug my boys that much more. Keep fighting, and support cancer research wherever you live.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter