Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system, a vital part of the body's immune system. Symptoms and signs include swollen lymph nodes, fever, night sweats, coughing, weakness, chest pain, unexplained weight loss, and abdominal pain. Treatment depends on which type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma one has, the stage of the cancer, one's age, how fast the cancer is growing, and whether one has other health problems. Read more: Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Top 10 Cancers Quiz
Take this quiz to learn the causes of cancer. Get the facts about the causes, symptoms, and treatments for the world's most...
Picture of Lymph Nodes
Also sometimes referred to as lymph glands, lymph nodes are small rounded or bean-shaped masses of lymphatic tissue surrounded by...
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Viral Infection Types, Treatment, and Prevention
Watch this slideshow on Viral Infections and learn about types, treatment, and prevention of illnesses caused by viruses....
Gastric (Stomach) Cancer: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
What are the common signs and symptoms of stomach cancer? Learn about gastric cancer diagnosis, treatment, and their risks, how...
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source article from Government...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Bone cancer is a rare type of cancer that occurs in cells that make up the bones. Primary bone cancer that arises in bone cells...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Eosinophilic Fasciitis (Shulman's Syndrome)
Eosinophilic fasciitis is a skin disease that causes thickening and inflammation of the skin and fascia. Symptoms include...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
H. pylori (Helicobacter Pylori) Infection
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a bacteria that causes chronic inflammation (gastritis) of the inner lining of the stomach,...
Leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood cells in which the growth and development of the blood cells are abnormal. Strictly...
Hepatitis C (HCV, Hep C)
Hepatitis C is an inflammation of the liver due to the hepatitis C virus (HCV), which is usually spread by blood transfusion,...
Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)
Abdominal pain can have many causes that range from mild to severe. Some of these causes include bloating, gas, colitis,...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
Superior vena cava syndrome is compression of the superior vena cava vein located in the upper chest. Causes of superior vena...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) refers to a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria (at least...
Night Sweats (In Men and Women) Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in a drenching sweat. The causes of night sweats in most...
Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Differences and Similarities
Both Hodgkin's disease (sometimes referred to as Hodgkin's lymphoma) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma are cancers that originate in a...
Eye floaters are deposits or condensation that forms in the eye's vitreous humor. These deposits cast shadows on the retina, and...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Glands): Pictures, Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count)
Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) refers to a decreased number of platelets in the blood. Symptoms of thrombocytopenia...
Ascites, the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity is most commonly caused by cirrhosis of the liver. Some of the other...
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) Symptoms, Signs, Causes,Treatment
An enlarged spleen or splenomegaly, is generally caused by other diseases or conditions such as infections, cancers, blood...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Burkitt lymphomas are types of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma that affect the bone marrow and central nervous system. There are multiple...
Castleman Disease is a group of related conditions. It is a rare disease with an unknown prevalence. Signs and symptoms of...
Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a rare form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It is not known what causes MCL. MCL signs and symptoms...
Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH)
Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) is common in older individuals and happens when too much antidiuretic...
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Screening Tests for Cancer
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Chest X-Ray
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Questions To Ask Before Surgery
- Lumbar Puncture (LP or Spinal Tap)
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy
- Radiation Therapy
- Biological Therapy
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- Advance Medical Directives
- Abdominal Pain
- Chest Pain
- Chronic Cough
- Weight Loss
- Swollen Lymph Nodes (Lymphadenopathy)
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Pale Skin
- Proteinuria (Protein in the Urine)
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- California Couple Awarded $2 Billion in Roundup Lawsuit
- Breast Implants Linked to Cancer Can Still be Sold in U.S.: FDA
- California Man Awarded $80 Million in Roundup Lawsuit
- Roundup Cancer Lawsuit Could Be 'Bellweather' Case
- Truxima Approved as First Biosimilar to Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Drug
- Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen Dead at Age 65
- Blood Test Gives Quick Prognosis for Lymphoma Treatment: Study
- New Treatment for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Approved
- New Cancer Immunotherapy Technique Could be 'Game Changer'
- Lawsuits Alleging Roundup Causes Cancer Can Move Forward: Judge
- 'Dance Moms' Star Abby Lee Miller Paralyzed by Spinal Infection
- Adcetris Approval Expanded to Include Later-Stage Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Get Active, Beat Lymphoma?
- Gene Therapy Approved for B-Cell Lymphoma
- Newer Drug May Prolong Lymphoma Remission
- Adding Drug to Standard Care May Prolong Lymphoma Survival
- Aliqopa Approved for Follicular Lymphoma
- Immune Therapy Makes Headway Against a Lymphoma
- Radiologists Don't Face Higher Risk of Radiation-Related Death: Study
- Second, Unrelated Cancers Strike 1 in 12 Cancer Patients
- Stem Cell Transplant Can Help HIV Patients Battling Lymphoma: Study
- Head and Neck Cancers May Be Linked to Hepatitis C
- Young Black, Hispanic Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients Face Worse Outcomes: Study
- Lymphoma Survivors May Not Get All Recommended Follow-Up Care
- Kids Born to Older Dads May Face Risk of Blood Cancers
- Fitness May Help Lower Odds for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Health Tip: Why Is My Skin Peeling?
- Screening Test Approved for Viruses That Cause Blood Cancer
- Mutations Linked to Blood Cancers Rise With Age, Study Shows
- Lymphoma Treatment May Harm, Halt Men's Sperm Production
- Early Stem Cell Transplant May Benefit Some Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients
- Survival Picture No Better for Patients With HIV-Related Lymphoma: Study
- Mapping Link Between Blood Cancer, Industrial Pollutant in Georgia
- New Strategy Helps Young Lymphoma Patients Avoid Radiation Treatment
- Children of Older Parents With Cancer May Be at Risk, Too
- Melanoma Odds Doubled for Transplant, Lymphoma Patients: Study
- Limited Radiation May Help Some Kids With Lymphoma
- 'Rediscovered' Lymphoma Drug Helps Double Survival: Study
- More Aggressive Chemo May Help Younger Lymphoma Patients: Study
- Cancer Drug May Also Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Children of Older Dads at Higher Risk of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Lifestyle Affects Survival in Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma