Patient Comments: Neuropathic Pain - Causes

Do you know what causes your neuropathic pain? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: acumen, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 10

I have toxic neuropathy caused by a poisoning from acrylamide, a chemical used in industrial applications. It came on suddenly and has only worsened over the years (18).

Comment from: Ann, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

After having increasing/worsening neuropathic pain since 1987, my doctors have finally given me a diagnosis - they think. They think it might possibly be multiple sclerosis.

Comment from: Mary, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have osteophytes which are impinging on the neural canal. I have severe neck pain and surgery has been an option which I have declined. I initially was prescribed morphine patches which did not work. I now take 150 mg Lyrica which provides moderate relief. However I can have episodic severe debilitating muscle spasm. I have recently had another MRI scan on neck and lower back and am awaiting results of this. I am currently in a lot of pain and really need help with pain management. I have a reasonably sympathetic general physician but never feel that I can describe the pain. I have likened it to toothache in my neck and I look permanently tired when I have a protracted episode of neuropathic pain.

Comment from: pkfowler, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 05

It is called Idiopathic neuropathy of the feet. Idiopathic means, the neurologist does not know what has caused the neuropathic pain of the feet.

Comment from: aleph, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 29

I'm a diabetic patient and hypertensive. For the past 20 days I'm suffering from Chilaiditi syndrome and my stomach is bloated. I applied liniment and Salonpas in the areas where there's pain, that's where the rashes began, then subsequently followed by this neuropathic pain. I'm applying sodium fusidate to the areas of skin disease and taking up to 900 mg/day of gabapentin.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter