Patient Comments: Neuropathic Pain - Treatment

What kind of treatment did you have for neuropathic pain? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Torn, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I'm not a diabetic, but I've had neuropathic pain in my feet for over a year! I've tried Lyrica, Neurontin and Cymbalta with no success! I've had steroid injections several times with no success! I'm taking a nerve supplement and shows no sign of giving me any pain relief!

Comment from: cow-crazy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I have had neuropathy since a failed back surgery leaked spinal fluid. Most days, I cannot walk bare foot on the floor and have stood bare-footed in the snow, for relief. I have had various types of shots and now the doctor is going to freeze the sciatic area for relief. It works for the back but the neuropathy is still there. I do take narcotics but they are not getting the job done. Most anti-depressants cause me to be irritable, and suicidal. So I am stuck between a rock and hard place. Some nights, I sleep on the big dog's bed and put my foot which is covered with whatever I reach off my nightstand on my bed, and sleep like that. I have not had a good night's sleep in 15 years. So needless to say, I am tired, lifeless and have to force myself to move. It is a debilitating problem.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter