Patient Comments: Neuropathic Pain - Treatment

What kind of treatment did you have for neuropathic pain? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Coldgal, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I had gabapentin and Lyrica for neuropathic pain.

Comment from: J R, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

Diabetes has caused my neuropathy. Gabapentin (Neurontin) helps with the pain but there is a fine line between being mentally alert and functional, or relief of pain - correct dosing is the key.

Comment from: Todd, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 21

My husband has so much pain now for over a year, and now he has lost his sight and can hardly walk. He cries in his sleep and cries all day. He is 43 years old and has always been in good health. They have sent him to Vancouver to see a doctor down there and they say he has peripheral neuropathy, idiopathic. He needs something for pain, he can't do it anymore. I'm really worried about him. He is saying some stupid things about dying.

Comment from: alexyasmine, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I was told I have neuropathy, by my doctors 1 year ago. I take a couple of medications for it. While they have stopped the progression a lot of pain still exists. I have dead nerves and muscle damage. This disease needs more research for the younger crowd as well!

Comment from: grace, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been on gabapentin for neuropathy, but it seems to take more and more of the medication. I wondered if there was not a topical solution that does some good.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter