Learn about neck lift surgery - what the surgery is, how it is performed and complications including swelling, bruising, tightness, tingling, numbness, infection, fever, and unusual discharge from the incision site. Read more: Neck Lift Cosmetic Surgery Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Cosmetic Surgery: Before and After Photos of Cosmetic Surgeries
Thinking about getting plastic surgery? Check out before and after pictures of popular cosmetic surgery procedures, including:...
Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
Are you doing right by your skin? Take the Skin and Makeup Quiz to learn how to make the most of your beauty regimen.
Related Disease Conditions
7 Reasons You Are Tired After Surgery
Postsurgical fatigue is normal and is due to a variety of factors. Depression, stress, and anxiety may produce fatigue. Sleep deficits, certain medications, anemia, blood loss, fasting, and loss of electrolytes and minerals associated with surgery can also produce fatigue. Exercise, physical exertion, aging, and the overall health status of patients are additional factors that play a role in making people feel tired after surgery.
Wrinkles, whether they be fine line or deep furrows, typically appear on areas of the body that receive a high amount of exposure to the sun. Smoking, light skin type, hairstyle, the way you dress, your occupational and recreational habits, and heredity are all factors that promote wrinkling. Medical treatments for wrinkles include antioxidants, moisturizers, alpha-hydroxy acids, and vitamin A acid. Cosmetic procedures that treat wrinkles include dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels, laser resurfacing, Botox, and fillers.
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is an illness where a person is overly preoccupied with some minor or imaginary flaw. People with BDD tend to have cosmetic surgery. BDD can be treated with SSRIs and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Local ResourcesFind a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Laser Resurfacing
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic Surgery)
- Lip Augmentation
- How Much Does Double Eyelid Surgery Cost?
- Questions To Ask Before Surgery
- Permanent Makeup (Micropigmentation)
- What Is Transpositional Flap Surgery?
- How Long Does an SMAS Facelift Last?
- What Is Fasciocutaneous Flap Surgery?
- What Is Facial Fat Grafting Used For?
- Lipoplasty (Ultrasonic Assisted)
- How Do You Inject Facial Fillers?
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Plastic Surgery Pays Off for Men
- If You're Considering Cosmetic Surgery
- Take Online Reviews of Plastic Surgeons With a Grain of Salt
- With Nips, Tucks and Fat Transplants, Americans are Reshaping Their Bodies
- Lifts, Tucks Often Follow Weight-Loss Surgery, Study Finds
- Necks, Butts Growth Areas for U.S. Plastic Surgeons