Patient Comments: Natural Home Remedies for Sunburn - Experience

Have you had a bad sunburn? Please share your experience. It may help others. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: AnGeLz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I'm 50 and have always had problems with the sun because my skin is very pale. The only way I've managed not to get sunburnt is taking the sun a little bit every day until I've become a light bronze. Then it won't hurt so much. The only thing that worked was a cream with aloe vera that was soothing.

Comment from: Edwin74., 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 28

I have a bad sunburn and it hurts every time I walk. My legs look like tomato sticks because they are so red, and it bothers me. I am in pain. I try not to move but it is impossible. The only thing that keeps it cool is body lotion (Vaseline) intensive care.

Comment from: Blacklepoardess, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I am a 24 year old female. I live in the south, where most people tan easily. Not me. I'm considered pale. Like really pale. It's hard for me to tan. I recently went to the beach and stayed out for a couple of hours. I came home with a bad sunburn looking like a crawfish or lobster. It's so bad that I have trouble sleeping. Even with aloe lotion and ibuprofen. Needless to say I won't be stepping out of the house for a while.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter