- What other names is Nadh known by?
- What is Nadh?
- How does Nadh work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Nadh.
supplements as medicine.
NADH is used for improving mental clarity, alertness, concentration, and memory; as well as for treating Alzheimer's disease. Because of its role in energy production, NADH is also used for improving athletic endurance and treating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
Some people use NADH for treating high blood pressure, high cholesterol, jet lag, depression, and Parkinson's disease; boosting the immune system; opposing alcohol's effects on the liver and the hormone testosterone; reducing signs of aging; and protecting against the side effects of an AIDS drug called zidovudine (AZT).
Healthcare providers sometimes give NADH by intramuscular (IM) or intravenous (IV) injection for Parkinson's disease and depression.
Possibly Ineffective for...
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). There is some early evidence that NADH might reduce the symptoms of CFS when used along with traditional medications.
- Parkinson's disease. So far, study results don't agree about the effectiveness of NADH in treating Parkinson's disease.
- Jet lag.
- High blood pressure.
- Improving athletic performance.
- Increasing energy.
- Improving memory and concentration.
- Boosting immune function.
- Reducing signs of aging.
- Lowering cholesterol levels.
- Protecting against side effects of the drug zidovudine (AZT) used to treat AIDS.
- Other conditions.
Quick GuideVitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of NADH during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.