Patient Comments: Mumps - Vaccine Experience

If you were born after 1956, have you had the vaccine for mumps (MMR vaccine)? Please share your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mags, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I have had the vaccine numerous times prior to 1999 as I used to have it with my class each year to allay their fears. I have also had mumps when I was child. To my surprise, I now have it again. I have had all the classic signs leading up to the swelling of both parotid glands, fatigue, nausea, fever, and aches.

Comment from: Pradeep, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I'm a 47-year-old man who had mumps about 10 years ago. Recently, three months ago, I had an MMR vaccination during a medical test for a job abroad. To my surprise, I have developed parotiditis, which showed symptoms like very marginal swelling on my left parotid, mild ear stuffiness, minimum pain in my testicles, and dryness of mouth. I don't know why I have these mump-like symptoms, even after the vaccination.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter