Related Disease Conditions
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Testicular Pain (Pain in the Testicles)
Testicular pain, or pain in the testicle or testicles are caused by a variety of diseases or conditions such as testicular...
Low Testosterone (Low T)
Low testosterone (low-T) can be caused by conditions such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, liver or kidney disease, hormonal...
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count)
Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) refers to a decreased number of platelets in the blood. Symptoms of thrombocytopenia...
Encephalitis is a brain inflammation that causes sudden fever, vomiting, headache, light sensitivity, stiff neck and back,...
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...
Second Source article from Government...
Measles (rubeola) is a highly contagious disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include a rash, high fever, cough, runny...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
German Measles (Rubella)
German measles is a disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include rash and fever for two to three days. The MMR (measles,...
Hearing loss (deafness) may be present at birth or it may manifest later in life. Deafness may be genetic or due to damage from...
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
Mumps - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with mumps.Post View 58 Comments
Mumps - Symptoms
What were your symptoms associated with mumps?Post View 6 Comments
Mumps - Treatment
What treatment did you receive for your mumps?Post View 2 Comments
Mumps - Vaccine Experience
If you were born after 1956, have you had the vaccine for mumps (MMR vaccine)? Please share your experience.Post View 4 Comments
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Swollen Testicles (Testicular Swelling)
- Swollen Lymph Nodes (Lymphadenopathy)
- Groin Pain
- Testicular Pain (Pain in the Testicles)
- Decreased Appetite
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Low Testosterone (Low T)
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Don't Let Your Kids Get Sidelined With Sports-Related Infections
- Semen Harbors Wide Range of Viruses
- Serious Reactions to Vaccines Rarely Recur: Review
- Vaccination 101: Make Sure Kids Are Up to Date
- Anti-Vaccine Family Members, Friends Spur Many Moms to Delay Baby's Shots
- Just a Few Vaccine Refusers Could Endanger Many
- Immunizations for High Flyin' Travelers
- Many U.S. Travelers Skip Measles Shots, Despite Infection Risk
- Texas Has Highest Number of Mumps Cases in 22 Years
- Congressional Group Gives Bipartisan Support to Vaccine Safety
- 8 Ways to Help Kids Dodge Germs
- Most U.S. Adults Support Routine Child Vaccine
- Medical Experts Alarmed at Trump's Reported Support of Vaccine Skeptic
- Mumps Cases Hit 10-Year High in U.S.
- U.S. Mumps Cases at 10-Year High: CDC
- Deadly Measles Complication May Be More Common Than Believed
- Measles Outbreak Among Amish Highlights Need for Vaccinations
- Tips for Avoiding Back-to-School Germs, Illnesses
- California Vaccine Refusers Cluster in Rich, White Areas
- Childhood Vaccines Debate Rekindled at GOP Presidential Debate
- Despite Pockets of Resistance, Most U.S. Kids Getting Vaccinated
- Start of School Year Calls for Vaccine Check
- Survey: More Parents Accepting Vaccine Use
- To Sway Anti-Vaccine Beliefs, Focus on Consequences: Study
- Doctors Worry About Return of Vaccine-Preventable Ills in Kids
- Anti-Vaccine Parents Cluster in Rich, White Areas
- Infectious-Disease Expert Debunks Common Vaccine Myths
- Another Study Finds No Vaccine-Autism Link
- More Dangerous Ebola Strain Unlikely, Study Shows
- More Americans Support Vaccines: HealthDay/Harris Poll
- U.S. Measles Cases Now Exceed 100: CDC
- Should Vaccination Be a Personal Choice?
- 78 People Now Infected in U.S. Measles Outbreak
- California Measles Outbreak Shows How Quickly Disease Can Resurface in U.S.
- Measles at Disneyland: What You Should Know
- Vaccine Opponents Often Cluster in Communities
- Long-Term Study Finds Measles Vaccines Safe
- Ebola, Obamacare Top U.S. Health News for 2014
- 'Kids' Diseases' Now Hitting Adults
- Most Kindergartners Are Getting Their Shots: CDC
- Most U.S. Babies Get Their Vaccines: CDC
- Doctors ID New Ways to Get More Kids Vaccinated
- Childhood Vaccines Vindicated Once More
- Measles Journey Highlights Risk to Unvaccinated Kids
- U.S. Measles Cases at 20-Year High
- Delaying Measles-Related Vaccines May Raise Seizure Risk: Study
- Health Highlights: May 14, 2014
- Disease Outbreaks May Not Change Minds of Vaccine Opponents
- Measles on Upswing Despite Vaccines' Effectiveness: CDC
- Blacks Respond Better to German Measles Vaccine, Study Contends
- On-time Use of Routine Vaccine Keeps Kids Out of Hospital
- Children Benefit From Early Dose of Measles Vaccine, Study Finds
- Expert Q&A: Childhood Vaccine Safety
- Survey Could Spot Parents Who Shun Child Vaccinations
- Measles Outbreak Hits Texas Megachurch
- Common Childhood Vaccine Won't Worsen Juvenile Arthritis: Study
- Whooping Cough Cases Rise as Parents Opt Out of Vaccine
- Parents Who Veto Vaccinations Often Seek Like-Minded Opinions
- Childhood Vaccine Schedule Is Safe, Report Says
- Did Schooling Method Spread Mumps in Orthodox Jewish Communities?
- More Kids Opting Out of School-Required Vaccinations: Study
- Childhood Vaccination Rates Remain High, CDC Says
- Are Kindergarten Kids Getting Their Vaccines?
- Vaccinations Belong on Parents' Back-to-School Checklists
- Infant Vaccination 'Delays' Triple in Oregon: Study
- Measles Deaths Falling Worldwide
- U.S. Measles Cases, Outbreaks Quadruple in 2011
- No Rise in Seizure Risk With MMRV Booster Vaccine
- Too Few American Adults Getting Needed Vaccinations: CDC
- Survey: Younger Doctors More Skeptical of Vaccines
- Unvaccinated Kids Behind Largest U.S. Measles Outbreak in Years: Study
- Report: Vaccines Generally Safe, Cause Few Health Problems
- Vaccination Rate for Kindergarten Kids Is Over 90%
- Seizure Risk Rises With MMRV Vaccine
- Unvaccinated Boys at Risk of Mumps-Linked Testicular Problem
- Mumps Outbreak Hits New York, New Jersey
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter