Patient Comments: Motion Sickness - Prevention

What actions do you take to prevent motion sickness? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jeannie with the lig, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 22

For years I have been using ginger capsules when I fly or ride on curvy roads, and it always helps. And no side effects.

Comment from: rodney12, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 17

I play stupid games with myself to fool my mind. Or I have candy and gum. I try to keep busy as I drive to prevent motion sickness.

Comment from: debjer, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I have experienced dizziness and imbalance after cruises. Each subsequent cruise has required a longer recovery period. On the last cruise I used a patch, to no avail. I have just returned from a long trip of over 2,000 miles and am experiencing the same symptoms. It is disconcerting to say the least. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to alleviate some of these symptoms. Last time I went to the doctor 3 months after the cruise, still experiencing symptoms, but nothing could be done.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter